Buca di Beppo - Albany
44 Wolf Road
Colonie, NY 12205Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Albany
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 5184592822x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Brian Townsend
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Albany
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Albany - Best Restaurants in Albany ›
Buca di Beppo - Albany reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (48)special occasion (32)kid-friendly (28)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (9)romantic (8)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- first time but wont be the lastStillfull2dayslaterDined on 8/22/2014Like I said in the title, this was my first time going to Buca, but it was wonderful, everyone was friendly, our server was excellent, we asked a lot of the restaurant but they handled it with great aplomb. Our party of 19 people was treated really well, even when it jumped in size by 3 people a few hours before the reservation. Food was great, atmosphere was excellent, I will be going back there, and not just for the memories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not2happyDined on 8/19/2014We had a party of 6. Two arrived early & the others were told to walk thru to find us. One appetizer arrived & 30 minutes later we had to ask were the second one was ? Our food followed right behind. No one asked if we wanted coffee or desert and we left without either.Special Features:
- motomomDined on 8/17/2014Buca's is a great family restaurant. Everything is served family style so when you order something from the menu there is plenty to share making it possible to try more than one item on the menu. Décor is plastic tablecloths and at my table the light was covered in dust and cobwebs so I had to mark the ambience down a notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Plenty of room for a large party. The photos on the walls make for great conversation. Good food, good service - highly recommend it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Food is excellent. Selection is excellent. A fun place to go with family or a bunch of friends. Guaranteed to have a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!FigaroDined on 8/6/2014Buca is above all a fun place to dine. We were a group of 17, too many for the pope room, but we had a private room with our table in a "U" shape, allowing for a lot of varied interaction. The food was plentiful and delicious and our waitress helped us figure out how much to order once we had decided our choices. The chicken parm was tender, the apple gorgonzola salad a must have. And a nice wine list, too -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeDelmartianDined on 8/2/2014A great time this past Saturday getting most of the family, 18 in all, together for a fun dinner. Food and service were very good. Have dined here in the past and have had take out. Would recommend and will likely visit againSpecial Features:
- ChickletChickletDined on 7/29/2014The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. The food was excellent and the service was too. I live in Vermont and my best friend lives in NY nearly five hours away. We decided to meet in Albany for lunch which would be half-way for each of us to travel. I found your restaurant on line and decided to try it. Making the reservation was easy and we both met there for lunch. We were not rushed and spent over two hours over a leisurely lunch. When we next meet for lunch we will certainly return to your restaurant.Special Features:
- amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The food is absolutely incredible. The meatballs are huge!!! I think we might have waited 10 min for our food to arrive to our table. Make sure you bring your appetite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time!Feedme26Dined on 7/12/2014Great service and food. Had a table of seven with three children under 10 and things went surprisingly smooth. We will be back.Special Features:
- FrizzleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014We asked to be re-seated because we were originally seated next to a large family (12+ members), with very unruly children. We were much happier to be seated in another room, in a nice quiet booth, and were SUPER happy to get Frizzle as our waitress. She had waited on us once before and she is excellent! Her attention to detail, positive attitude, and great sense of humor will keep us returning for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laid back dinneralareadheadDined on 6/29/2014Just as expected - the food was prepared well, tasted good, not overloaded with too much sauce, - just right. The server was attentive, yet not intrusive. This reservation was made for later in the evening, which proved to be a much less noisy/busy time with the right atmosphere to share a relaxed dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatwaltrisDined on 6/14/2014Great food and a nice atmosphere. Would love to go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation dinnerSamgrad14Dined on 6/14/2014I went to buca with a group of 6 for a small graduation celebration. The waiter that we had was great! Food was excellent and in a timely manner. Wonderful night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was okBCNYDined on 6/14/2014The best way to describe Buca di Beppo was just ok - the food was ok, the service was ok, the overall experience ok.Special Features:
- BuccaDiBeppowhirlwindDined on 6/10/2014Booked it for a team dinner - great food, great atmosphere - love that we could have a room to ourselves. Our server, Jesse, was excellent. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Had a great timememorableDined on 6/7/2014Enjoyed a great meal with my entire family, celebrating a birthday. We were energetic and found ourselves laughing out loud, without worry of disrupting others. The atmosphere was enjoyable, food was excellent, and the experience very memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but coldAdAstraDined on 5/25/2014We had a great time. Big group of us. Great portions. Only thing was the room we were in was FREEZING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun place to dinechowhoundDined on 5/24/2014Love going to Buca with my family and friends. It's casual and kid-friendly. Portions are pretty generous and we usually need a take home bag to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Buca D.B.Love2DineOutDined on 5/17/2014Awesome 1st time experience @ Wolf Rd location 5/17/14.We celebrated my sons' graduation from U-Albany for his Masters.Food was excellent;2 salads,3 pastas,2 chickens,mballs, etc. We spent over $356 w our party of 12 & it was worth every penny.Our waiter Sam was excellent.He was pleasant,efficient,very professional,friendly,fast and very accomodating to our every request and as a result i tipped over 20%.I would definatley recommend Buca to any and all of my family and friends to eat there in Albany when they are in that area.I also called and spoke to Jessica May 19th to praise our waiter Sam and the restaurant.Thanks again and we will definatley eat there the very next time we are in Albany visiting my son Brandon.David Bello-Herkimer NYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/15/2014We have always been welcomed warmly, and have always had a great meal experience. Hostess even remembered that I had listed my 13 y/o son's birthday on the reservation. She spent a few minutes chatting with him about his day. Food is plentiful and served in a timely manner. Server Ericka was engaging and put in a great effort to see that we had what we needed. We always order the large portiom Ns so that we have leftovers for at least another meal later.Special Features:
- ScottishRobDined on 5/11/2014We always enjoy the menu selections at Buca di Beppo. We first discovered Buca di Beppo in Louisville, KY a number of years ago and this was our third visit to the Albany location. We don't go too often, as the prices are more than what we normally like to spend on a meal out. So, we save our visits for special occasions. We have never been dissatisfied!Special Features:
- Just FineBobbyVIPDined on 5/11/2014This is not the best Italian restaurant in the Capital District, but it is Just Fine and you'll be happy with the very filling offerings. The "family style" approach works well if your group likes similar meals. If we had walked in each wanting something entirely different, like beef and fish, it might play out so well. The salads and pasta dishes are very generous in size. Some average white bread accompanies the meals and you may not need it. If you have any intention of ordering dessert, plan to pack some of your entrée to take home. Ashley was our charming and efficient waitress. She exuded cheer even on a very busy Mothers Day evening. You can do better, but overall Buca di Beppo will not disappoint. Good food at a fair price.Special Features:
- Have never been disappointedms1poppyDined on 5/11/2014Always a good meal at Buca's. Can't wait for next Mother's Day!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good butjschscDined on 5/11/2014They forgot our side order of sausage, so they bring it out when everyone is about done eating. They still charged me for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AdeleandMichaelDined on 5/10/2014I recently hosted a Birthday dinner for my wife at your restaurant in Albany. Our group of sixteen included seven young children. Your staff was, as always, friendly and efficient. The children were, as you would expect, high maintenance. Our server, Michelle, went above and beyond what was required of her, making this a most enjoyable evening. Our meals were as expected; excellent. Please convey our thanks to Michelle and your entire staff.Special Features:
- The following 303 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Albany reviews archive.
- Italian100Favorite123Dined on 4/20/2014We love Buca di Beppo and eat there quite frequently. The food is always good and the service delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014Fantastic food, service was great, loved Chelsea! Came for Easter dinner and it was wonderful, would absolutely come again and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around12180Dined on 4/20/2014I took my Mother for Easter Lunch. We had a wonderful time. Our reservation was for 2:30 but we were an hour early and were seated with out any delays. I also always order Chicken Parm and was very happy to see you added one more pcs of chicken. Everything was delicious. The service was just as good as the food. Thank You Rhe PotenzaSpecial Features:
- Easter with my familyEastermealDined on 4/20/2014It was my first time not cooking on Easter and since my since my son attends college in Albany, we decided on Buca for Easter. We have been there many times before, and knew that our meal would be great. I requested our favorite server, Rain, and again were not disappointed in her service. She remembered us and welcomed us back. Food was great, service was good and atmosphere was perfect. Everyone needs to discover Buca.Special Features:
- Good FoodlovetoeatDined on 4/20/2014My husband and I took a couple of friends out for dinner here a few months back. We all enjoyed the food so much. Could not believe the amount of food we received. Everything was so good!. This last visit was for Easter Dinner with our son. Again we were very pleased. Food was very good, staff are wonderful. We will be back soon again. I made both reservations online and very please with that service.Special Features:
- Mr John Dobiesfatboy653Dined on 4/20/2014I found the restaurant a pleasant sur prise. The food , service and people exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in the Kitchen...dkradiomanDined on 4/15/2014Dear Staff, I was 1st introduced to Buca years ago when it was a suggested location for my Wedding Rehearsal... That was a great evening too! As for my latest visit, my birthday. What a great evening, from placing the reservation on-line... EASY! To the staff & servers attention to detail... GREAT! To the food, hard to believe there were left-overs... They didn't make it past my "Mid-Night Snack". . . I could not have been happier to have my family together eating the actual kitchen. I've always wanted to sit in the kitchen and for my birthday, I DID! What a unique experience that other restaurants just don't offer. I can't wait until my next visit. Thank You for a memorable evening with la famiglia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulCgrepDined on 4/12/2014My family have been there many times and for special occasions. Truly enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsBigAlDined on 4/10/2014I have been to Buca in Albany, NY many times and have never been disappointed. The portions are huge, you eat well and there's always left-overs to take home. This is a fun place to take your family or friend and have a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was very excellent. I wouldcdta2627Dined on 4/6/2014It was very excellent. I would recommend this restaurant to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great family get togetherCharlesVIPDined on 3/29/2014This is the best place for a family with small kids. Good, plentiful food for a good price.
- Always great food and plentyluvyourfoodDined on 3/28/2014Always great food and plenty of it. Our waiter was right on top of everything. Enjoying eating with you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet 16 celebrationmommaof4Dined on 3/26/2014we brought my daughter and 7 of her friends here for a 16th birthday celebration dinner. All of the staff were really friendly, our waitress was outstanding, the food was terrific and everyone had a great time! I've told several people already they should consider Buca di Beppo for dinner or celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Resteraunt With StyleDaiseyDined on 3/23/2014Arrived 1/2 hour early we got to our table immediately the waitress was very accommodating and attentive. Food portions for a small was very large took alot of food home. Food was A++ wait time was very quick. Definately go back for another family dinner. Would Reccommend to all ages for a great, reasonable,place to eat.Special Features: