Bubble Lounge - SF
714 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
Bar / Lounge / Bottle ServicePrice: $30 and under
Bubble Lounge - SF
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bubblelounge.com/
- Phone: (415) 434-4204
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday and Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday 5:00pm-2:00am, Saturday 7:00pm-2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Californian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Champagne and full bar service by the Bubble Lounge's professional bar staff available for your special events. Choose from a selection of over 250 Champagnes and Sparkling wines, and a full premium liquor bar for specialty cocktails and martinis, and add a unique touch to your event with a private wine tasting or champagne sabering.
- Entertainment: DJs on the weekends @ 10pm
Live Music Schedule on http://www.bubblelounge.com/san-francisco/events/
A word from Bubble Lounge - SF
Located in historic Jackson Square downtown, the Bubble Lounge is a hotspot of SF nightlife, featuring one of the largest Champagne selections available on the west coast. The menu includes over 250 Champagnes & Sparkling wines by the bottle, 30 by the glass, a full premium bar, and light appetizers like caviar, fresh oysters and sushi. The lounge’s décor matches its menu in its elegance - with salon seating of plush red velvet couches and overstuffed chairs, surrounded by vintage champagne artwork hung on exposed brick walls and warm candlelight. Downstairs is the Krug Room champagne cellar – a wine cave featuring a full service bar, private rooms, and more lounge seating. The Bubble Lounge features DJ's Thursday through Saturday. There is no cover charge, but reservations are recommended. 21 and over only with proper ID.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bubble Lounge - SF reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
romantic (6)good for groups (5)special occasion (5)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Sorry, this used to be a happening live-music spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014Now this place has managed out all the good they used to have. Food bites are few and low quality. Service is mediocre at best. No live music, and a lousy DJ on a friday night.Special Features:
- RomanticGabyDined on 9/11/2014Was my birthday and everything was absolutely perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early CelebrationCocktailsDined on 9/3/2014It had been on my list to go to Bubble Lounge since before I lived in San Francisco. We finally did it the other day, and were not disappointed. While it may be a happening joint after 9PM or 10PM, we got there at 5PM to enjoy some late afternoon bubbles. We were not disappointed. Their Sparkling cocktails were well made, and quite good. I did also have a regular cocktail, and it was quite nice indeed. The little appetizers we had were quite flavorful. There was a salmon one, a cheese plate, and some spring rolls. All quite good. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Classy atmosphere; Great ChampagneEastBayCustomerVIPDined on 8/27/2014Classy atmosphere; Great champagne and wine selection; Very nice classical look and feel of a French champagne lounge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 137 reviews are from the Bubble Lounge - SF reviews archive.
- Will visit againWeluvsfDined on 6/20/2014My wife loves champagne! We are visiting from out of town. A friend recommended The Bubble Lounge. Some of the other reviews weren't so stellar, but we had a great time.Special Features:
- Wonderful!ubtravVIPDined on 5/29/2014Delicious small plate items, great champagne, and top notch service! We will be back.Special Features:
- Snooty attitudeexpatDined on 5/16/2014I know businesses don;t like when customers come in with Groupons, but if you don;t like them don;t issue them. The hostess didn't know what to do with it and the manager wasn't willing to work with a Groupon that expired to only the base value. The product isn't worth the hassle
- Sparkling BubblesMilesDined on 2/25/2014I picked this spot because of its location and the fact that it specializes in sparkling wine. Although unimposing from the street, its interior is wonderfully warm and moody. Leather chairs and brocade couches define seating groups around "coffee tables," but management is cooperative about any rearranging you care to make, e.g., to accommodate larger parties. We selected flights of sparkling and 5 different tapas and found each better than the preceding one. The hearts of palm were particularly tasty, but my favorite was the fontina and wild mushrooms on toast. Prices were reasonable for the quality served, and we would not hesitate to return,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedJLKADined on 12/20/2013The seating was great, allowing for guests to stop in when they got off work, which is a plus for large groups. My biggest issue is with the service. Be prepared to use a credit card to make a reservation on a Friday or Saturday night, while also committing to spending $20 per person. On top of that, we were approached by the waiter upon arrival to provide a credit card to "hold" the table (I am guessing to avoid folks drinking and dashing). If you don't cancel in time (unclear what this means) you will be charged $10 per person. Additionally, upon checking out, you are only allowed three credit cards per table, so make sure to bring cash. With all the payment rules in addition to average service, I found this place to be a bit overrated.Special Features:
- Place to go in SF for ChampagneDeboDined on 11/2/2013Great Champagne selection. Nice lounge area. Dance bar downstairs not very big however, Private room in back for private parties or overflow seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprise birthday partyCinderellaManDined on 8/2/2013I threw my GF a surprise birthday party here and she loved it. Great live band and catered cupcakes from Suzies. Atmosphere had good amount of background noise for our group to still converse. Then after we had a few drinks the lounge turned into a club and we we able to grab a nice spot on the dance floor because were there well before the rush... My girlfriend was so happy with everything so happy with everything! I highly recommend this spot for anyone looking to celebrate an event or just wants to have a great time at an upscale lounge.Special Features:
- ExcellenceelegantamourDined on 7/12/2013I've been to the Bubble Lounge 5 or 6 times since September of last year and every time I'm there I receive excellent service. Also, the food and atmosphere are always on point. I always recommend this place to friends, coworkers, and clients of mine. The only thing I could possibly have an issue with is the noise level. It's a busy place, so I understand that the noise level would get fairly loud but, sometimes it's really hard to hear what anyone has to say. Regardless, I love the Bubble lounge and can't wait for my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayreneeDined on 6/29/2013We recently came here for a birthday event. We had reservations and were late to them (we called ahead and let the lounge know) and they said it was no problem that they could move our reservation to a later time. We really appreciated the no-fuss adjustment and will definitely be going again sometime soon! Great champagne/cocktail list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/20/2013We were celebrating our 25th Anniversary. I mentioned that when I made the Open Table reservation. The restaurant seemed to have no knowledge of this. I was hoping for some additional accommodation, accordingly.Special Features:
- Great place for a celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013The bubble lounge is a great spot, whether it is a special occassion or you just want soemthing different than your average bar. Great atmosphere and the dress code is pleasant enforced. Evelyn was our server and was so wonderful. Fun, friendly and full of information. We have been there before and will go back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous, if a bit stuffyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2013Great pre-dinner drink spot : gorgeous bar, romantic lounge area, nice menu of tapas & small plates. Our service could have been better - a bit cold and impersonal, quick to jump straight to push the high-priced bottles (whoa there, have a bit of finesse if you're going to pull that move...). Small plates were delicious, particularly the charcuterie plate. The drink menu felt as though it could be refreshed just a bit, but the bartenders do a nice job with the classics.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance, but PriceyjmzengerDined on 5/11/2013Came here for a Bacheloertte Party -Bride to Be has a serious love for Champange, so this seemed a natrual 1st stop for the evening. Our party was small (4 people), & it was the perfect size for the tapas style meal Bubble serves. I wouldn't recommend a group any larger, you wont fit well into the lounge tables they have set up and the food will be scarce. Champagne flights are definitely a better deal than getting a bottle. Service was great - very attentive and knowledgable about the sparkling wines they offered. This is definitely a "special occassion" sort of place! Beautiful decor and great music for a really fun vibe, but the bill at the end was $268 for 4 people. For the right occassion/right group, I would happily come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was looking forward to a greataimlessDined on 4/17/2013was looking forward to a great evening after all the recommendations for this place, only to be disappointed. Service was terrible. We ordered a cheese plate at the same time we ordered a flight of champagne. After the 2nd glass was gone, we still were waiting for the cheese. The server came by and said" o you have not received your cheese, is that correct" it will be a few minutes. more like 10. So we basically waited a 1/2 hour for a plate with 2 slices of cheese. The truffle popcorn was wonderful. They had 2 servers, a bartender, the manager, and 2 floaters, and still the service was lousy. at least for us. other patrons seemed to be taken care of.Special Features:
- The Cashmere and Silk wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/4/2013The Cashmere and Silk was delicious - had three of them!! Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great night! Reserved a tableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Great night! Reserved a table for 9:15 with a 2 hour cap for my best friends bachelorette party. Drinks were strong, good champagne. Had the strawberry chocolate fondue. The vibe is vintage but modern. Great crowd too (Saturday night). Servers were attentive (until about 10:30, you may have to hunt one down the more crowded it gets) and knowledgable. Music was tame house. Gets alive around 10:45/11. Definitely a must go! I'll be back!Special Features:
- our waitress was very frustratingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013our waitress was very frustrating to work with. Each time she would come to our table for orders we'd ask her a question and it literally took 20min each time just for her to come back 20 minutes later to tell us that that item is was not available. Needless to say I had reservations at 8pm and we didn't order till about 9:15 pm due to the run around. Food got there around 9:45pm and due to the 2hr limit they have for the reservation they moved us downstairs by 10pm. Everyone got drinks at the bar and not from our waitress since it was taking her so long with everything else. Other than that, food was delish, ambiance was just right, and music got everybody dancing.
- Great place to sample champagneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2013Great place to sample champagne to help you narrow choices for a special event like upcoming wedding. I would go with a group of 6 and order several flights of bubbly to narrow down your choices.Special Features:
- 11:30 reservation was accomodatedSDGUAHANDined on 2/16/201311:30 reservation was accomodated immediately. It was difficult to find a lot of drinks that suited our party's budget. I suppose that's why it's best to be ballin' or come on a special occasion. Dance floor was closed at 1:00am, so unfortunately I was unable to experience that loud, crowded, fusty hip-hop dungeon.Special Features:
- If you appreciate good champagne,SilkVIPDined on 2/16/2013If you appreciate good champagne, caviar, and jazz, then this is the place to be. Our party of four were extremely impressed with the setting and service. We will definitely be going back to the Bubble Lounge.Special Features:
- Had fun with drinks and starters.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/5/2013Had fun with drinks and starters. Nice ambiance and good service.
- I was here for my partner'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/19/2013I was here for my partner's birthday party and it was fun! There was 14 people in our party so we had to move some chairs and tables together but otherwise it worked out. The manager Eduardo and host Evelyn were always making sure we were ok and checking in with us. Also, Suzana, the reservation manager was helpful from the very start!Special Features:
- I have been here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2012I have been here many times but this was the first time we got a table. It was a lot fun. It was nice because not as many people were there as in previous visits . Our waitress Danielle was a sweety. Couldn't have had a better time on my birthday .Special Features:
- I was with a group of eightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2012I was with a group of eight people and it was pretty nice. When I arrived for my reservation at 10 pm, I was seated at area with couches and a table. There were not a lot of people at first but the place slowly filled up and it was crowded. The dance floor is downstairs and people chat upstairs. Sometimes they open the back for the upstairs area, but on the night I went, it was closed. There is a bar upstairs and downstairs so alcohol is available either way. The service was nice and the waitresses keep coming back to see how you are doing, which was great. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:
- Great Champange flight withJefmelVIPDined on 12/15/2012Great Champange flight with awesome cheese plate and shrimp cocktails.Special Features:
- Great drinks, good food, fun timesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/8/2012We had a small group of 8 for my wife's bday on a Saturday night. we missed our reservation by 30 minutes but they sat us immediately anyway. I wouldn't recommend missing your reservation because it was very busy. We probably just got lucky. We had a great time. Drinks are pricey but you should expect that from a nice location like this one. If not, then just go to a local dive bar. Crab cakes and mini-burgers went well with the champagne strawberry mojito. We also tried several other cocktails, the best was the Cashmere Silk. Don't order the Old Fashioned, it'll melt your lips off, and not in a good way. Overall great experience for our group.Special Features:
- Great place to get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2012Great place to get together with friends for food and drinks!Special Features:
- The atmosphere was fantastic,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012The atmosphere was fantastic, the selection was outstanding and the service was attentive. Unfortunately one of the champagnes in my flight was pretty flat.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Had reservations at 830, got there at 715 and they sat us at the best table in the house. Very romantic and quiet until about 10, when it picks up and gets busy, packed and loud. Both of us shared a cheese platter, had 4 drinks, shared desert and had some port for less than 175$Special Features:
- Very fun experience for myOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2012Very fun experience for my Birthday with about 12 people. The servers weren't the friendliest, but the hostess was great and the bubbles were delicious. Live music which was very fun.Special Features:
- Fun Spot for All - not onlyTimoVIPDined on 10/4/2012Fun Spot for All - not only for Champagne Lovers! Great Pricing!Special Features:
- I came here for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2012I came here for my birthday drinks and we had a great time! We booked a table so we could hang out and chat. The staff was friendly and helpful. Splitting the bill was a little difficult. The drinks, conversation and dancing were a lot of fun!Special Features:
- There is a general musky,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2012There is a general musky, damp smell to the place that made it impossible for me to really relax and enjoy. The food and wines were ok, but I was too put off by the smell to really enjoy it.
- This was a nice place to goItaliaDined on 9/1/2012This was a nice place to go early before the crowds... and have a pre-dinner champagne tasting and a cheese plate. Would not want to to go later with the crowds... at this time it was fun and relaxing.
- Great atmosphere and decor,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Great atmosphere and decor, rich and elegant. Quiet enough to be able to talk Small plates are very small and start at $13=15 - expensive and small Not filling enough even for a lunch Would go back for ambience and a drink and not expect to eat.Special Features:
- Great selection of bubblyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2012Great selection of bubbly and knowledgeable staff to explain what's what. We did a VIP package that included a lesson in sabering, which was unique and quite fun. It's a spacious place for SF so a good spot for a group to hang out, but also has some nice little areas for a bit more privacy.Special Features: