Bubble Lounge - NYC
228 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
Bubble Lounge - NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bubblelounge.com/
- Phone: 212-431-3433x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 5:00 pm - 1:00 am
Tuesday 5:00 pm - 1:00 am
Wednesday 5:00 pm - 1:00 am
Thursday 5:00 pm - 2:00 am
Friday 5:00 pm - 4:00 am
Saturday 6:00 pm - 4:00 am
Sunday Closed to public. Available for private events.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Aubrey 2124313433x
- Special Events:
A word from Bubble Lounge - NYC
The Bubble Lounge is an elegant lounge serving over 300 champagnes and sparkling wines, fine hors d'oeuvres with a full, premium bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bubble Lounge - NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (6)good for groups (5)special occasion (4)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (3)hot spot (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- AmazingJijiDined on 9/11/2014The best Champagne menu I had ever seen! Multiple options by the glass or bottle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bday FunOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had a great time, the wait staff was very attentive to me and my guest. My boyfriend arrived and felt great. He enjoyed the atmosphere and the attention. Unfortunately he was unable to order Hot Wings... which is his favorite. Besides that everything else was perfect. We enjoyed the music and even though there wasn't a dance floor we were still able to dance in the small space provided. Maybe he will surprise me with a party for my Bday or Wedding shower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Pricey for the Poor AmbianceMinnieRVIPDined on 7/25/2014For what it boasts about, the list of bubblies is not as extensive as I expected. We had glasses of Feuillate, just to be safe. We tried the truffle potatoes and duck meat balls, they taste like they were refrigerated and heated upon order. The furniture is old, dirty and uncomfortable. The bathroom is dark and looks haunted. I expect better food, ambiance, and service for the price.Special Features:
- mixed impressionNoFoLauraVIPDined on 7/10/2014Our server was very good for most of the night. The list of champagnes (& a few sparkling wines) was long and deep with plenty of variety. The small plates were well prepared and presented. We really just had two gripes. The busboy hovered over us waiting to clear tables. It was practically empty at 8:30 on a Thursday so it wasn't as though they needed to turn tables. At their prices (all quite high for the list) we should not have felt rushed like that. Also, we were looking over the list to order another bottle when they lowered the lights so deeply that we could barely see even with the candles. The staff saw us struggling, and we even said something to the server, she acted like there was nothing she could do, so we left.Special Features:
- The following 141 reviews are from the Bubble Lounge - NYC reviews archive.
- Whining and ChamplainingkillahkellDined on 6/13/2014I came here to visit friends that I haven't seen in awhile. We didn't eat- so I wanted to be fair with my four stars. just had a few drinks and we had the best time. It is a little pricey, but Im a 20-something year old so everything is pricey to me. I really enjoyed the decor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/3/2014This place has a decent feel to it but it was completely empty and now I know why. The service was terrible, the food was terrible and the bill for 3 people for drinks and small dishes was outrageous! Very disappointing.
- Birthday CelebrationMotoDinerDined on 5/10/2014This has always been a goto spot for great ambience, awesome service and ofcourse expansive Champagne selection. We were a group of 8-10 and had a great time here on a saturday night with food, drink and a fun DJ. I like the setting with the comfy chair/couches and lighting. a success through and through.Special Features:
- NY style... if that's what you wantymvgDined on 5/5/2014No offense, but this is what I hate about NY and its fancyness. I would LOVE this place and go very often if prices were, literally, half of what they are. The food (a few tapas to share) was actually very good. I loved the cheese, and the wine. Desserts were fantastic. And so was the bill. No wonder the place was completely empty when the places around were crowded. It looks nice, you try once, and that's it. After 3 days with 3 lunches and 3 dinners with my family around town, this was the most expensive and least favourite place of all. Don't get me wrong, the place rocks, it's just too expensive for what you get. Sorry!!Special Features:
- Great spotdfauerbachDined on 4/5/2014Second time here great spot great champagne list, good service great people watchingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy and YummyBinnatrixDined on 4/5/2014Came here for the start of my sister's bachelorette night. My reservation was confirmed the night before which was nice that I didn't have to call them. We came to relax and and indulge. 't was cozy, and the couches are very comfortable. There was a chill music and the decor was very hip. They have an extensive list of bubbly, cocktails and the cheese was amazing. We got the 4 cheeses deal, and there was a decent amount with bread and fruits. It was a great way to start the night, and we were already talking about how we need to come back and bring people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bubbles aboundmelvDined on 3/15/2014Wow! Fun night out. Great service, great champagne list and the lighting makes everyone look good. Just a great place to hang out and be with friends or on a date. Bring some $$$$$, champagne is not cheap. But well worth the trip. cost and tip. :) meltSpecial Features:
- My friends and I had a veryChazloweDined on 3/8/2014My friends and I had a very nice time at the bubble lounge. I would say the service and ambiance were definitely highlights about this bar. The drinks were phenomenal and the seating was comfortable and casual. I do hesitate to offer the food five stars because I just wasn't blown away by either the menu or the quality of the dishes that we ordered. That's not to say the food was bad, it just wasn't 5 stars. All in all I would definitely go back for a predinner cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxed atomophere w great servicebirthdaygirlDined on 3/1/2014I went to the bubble lounge with some friends for my birthday and I have to say I was pleased. I had a very good time and the staff were all really nice and knowledgeable. I had a duck and brie sandwich that was amazing! The only thing I regret ordering was the cheese platter. I would say don't order it unless you are a sophisticated cheese eater. Not a smoked Gouda girl like me.Special Features:
- We always enjoy the BubbleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014We always enjoy the Bubble Lounge. Wonderful Champagnes❤️Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cocktails and MoodRedVetteDined on 1/31/2014I visit Bubble Lounge every time I come to NYC. It's a smooth, cool lounge for a good cocktail and a few friends. On weekends a DJ spins great music and they have an amazing selection of bubbly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun second visitPeachDownDined on 11/20/2013Went to Bubble Lounge for the second time. It had the same festive atmosphere as my first visit with a birthday party group in one sector of the lounge and post-dinner groups scattered throughout. The noise volume was up and it was difficult to hear my date across the table. Food and drinks were good and met the expectations built during my first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place, rude waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013We visited bubble lounge for a bachelorette party. We were asked if we were part of the girls night out. We told our waitress we didn't know what that was and she wouldn't explain it to us. So after she took out order and walked away, we googled it. I guess there is a promo for girls night out and you get 15% off. We asked her if we cool have it and she basically snarled at us and said NO because you don't know what it was. This sounds very juvenile, but all she had to do was explain that it was a promo and because we didn't know if it, she couldn't give it to us. There wa no need to be rude!Special Features:
- PerfectpeterDined on 10/10/2013We had a very surprising time at the Bubble Lounge (NY, that is, since we also discovered they have two locations -- also in San Francisco). Service was relaxed and friendly, ambiance unpretentious and cool, prices very reasonable and food surprisingly good (yet it is certainly not a "restaurant"). We will be back; and often. What's more, parking is easy after 6 PM and public transportation couldn't be easier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Quiet TableJonafahDined on 10/10/2013I asked for a quiet table. In my reservation I am sure that I said I preferred a quiet table. Things started out ok, but there was a large party in the lounge that made things really noisy. I would think the staff would have known about the party, and seated us in a location far away, but no, we were seated near the DJ station and close to the party. We made the best of it, but I think the staff could have anticipated this and seated us in a more appropriate place. JSpecial Features:
- Bubbles make everything betterPeachDownDined on 9/25/2013Three long-time friends randomly selected this spot as our get-together location. After an evening of small plates and champagne-based cocktails it was determined to be one of the best nights we've had. Our server, Faustina, may have resembled Cruella DeVille but her demeanor was anything but. Her friendly attentiveness just added to the experience.Special Features:
- Too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/10/2013Good for hanging out with friends. Not good for conversation or for dinner or for clients! It's definitely not a restaurant-more of a bar/lounge.Special Features:
- Overwhelmed staffOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/10/2013I made a reservation for 2 @ 6, showed up early & asked if the were able to accommodate 6 of us instead. They let me sit early & wait for the rest of my party. The service was Ok in the beginning, but declined as it got busier. At one point we waited over 15 minutes for a bottle of wine. We ordered Happy Hour sliders a few minutes before HH was over & our server told us they would be regular priced as it was already 7pm. We ended up waiting over hour for the sliders, at least they honored HH pricing, because the server had taken so long. The check had 20% gratuity added & the server choose to ignore our split instructions which included cash. She said we hadn't added correctly & put the remainder on one card not counting the cash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had a gilt package2cool4schoolDined on 6/28/2013The gilt package offered champagne and a platter of cheese. The champagne was delicious; the cheese serving was enough for maybe one squirrel. It would have been better if they advertised it as a "samples of our cheese menu". The place is very well decorated and they have a in-house chill DJ.Special Features:
- 21st Birthday PartyDebbangusDined on 6/27/2013Although The Bubble Lounge had given up our table because we were 20 minutes late (although I had confirmed the reservation and offered my credit card earlier in the day) we ended up sitting upstairs on couches and chairs. The service was friendly and the party platters were good. Everyone had a great time, the DJ was an extra bonusSpecial Features:
- Not a place for musicmanne96Dined on 6/19/2013We went to Bubbles to see the musician, Cyrille Aimee and her band. Most of the people were talking quite loudly, we had to move tables. The performing area was next to the door, so patrons were walking through the performance all night, along with the wait staff delivering food to the party downstairs. It was a disruptive experience and will not go there for the music, but they had a hugh champagne selection.Special Features:
- Reserved for BirthdayJasminDined on 6/5/2013The small plates were delicious and so were the drinks! They had live band that night [wednesday] Italian Surf Academy and they were pretty fantastic. A great Birthday indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For celebrations.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2013Lovely service, special champagne cocktails and unusual martiis. Bit pricey but very nice for special moments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great funATSCCVIPDined on 5/10/2013Went for a girls night out and had a great time. Waitress was great, champagne and snacks were excellent. Would have loved to have done some dancing, but it was not the place. Still fun anyway. Would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TriBeCa scene, celebritiesFuntimeDined on 5/3/2013Great TriBeCa scene, celebrities about. Hung out next to Cameron Diaz , she was great very comfortable like one of locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you love BubblesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2013You can't go wrong. Great list of Champagnes and the snacks are tasty.Special Features:
- When we were seated, the maitre'dKathyVIPDined on 5/1/2013When we were seated, the maitre'd pointed out that it was happy hour and showed us that menu. The cocktails were half price. We ordered some small plates and all of the food was delicious. The cheese menu was particulary good and presented nicely. We each had three drinks. When the check arrived, we noticed that our cocktails were not at the reduced rate. The waitress said, "Oh, that drink is not part of the happy hour menu." The drink was on the cocktail list. She might have pointed out any exclusions when we ordered. We did have a nice time and enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- As usual, the Bubble LoungeFierianVIPDined on 4/13/2013As usual, the Bubble Lounge is classic New York. We took our (out of town) parents here for after dinner drinks and had a great time. The staff was attentive and polite, and since my mother-in-law loves champagne, she was in heaven. The only bad part of the whole evening was another customer who was very rude, but the staff handled the situation very nicely.Special Features:
- Service lacks sparkleGrover80VIPDined on 3/5/2013When I arrived for my reservation I gave my name and was seated at a table by myself, even though two members of my party had already arrived and were seated elsewhere. The restaurant was practically empty so that confusion among the hostesses was strange. We had to flag down the waiter through a busser every single time we wanted something. Again, there were hardly any other parties there, so it was odd that absolutely no one paid attention to us. The champagne was of course wonderful, and the food there is simply OK. We had the potato skins, pigs in a blanket and sliders. Nothing wowed me, but nothing was bad either. The ambiance is outstanding here, and I'll definitely go back, I just wish the service was as bubbly as what they pour.Special Features:
- the service was great, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2013the service was great, the drinks so-so and the setting was beautiful. however, although they call themselves a lounge, they advertised a dj and dancing on their facebook. we got there and it was just a normal, everyone sitting around lounge. no dancing, and a gu playing music off of a computer. boo.Special Features:
- Reservation was for 8 pm forRobertDined on 2/16/2013Reservation was for 8 pm for 4 adults. We were seated on time at very good location. Waitress initially very attentive but less so as the evening went on. If you are looking to have Champagne for a special occasion this is the place....the selection was tremendous. The food was hit or miss. Our group ordered the tuna which was inedible and had to be sent back. The waitress seemed bothered by this and subsequently service was less than stellar and we felt a bit rushed as if they wanted us out. This was despite us ordering several other food items and two moderately expensive bottles of Champagne each over $100. I would not recommend coming here for the food but go to the bar and have a few drinks before heading somewhere else.Special Features:
- Went to Bubble Lounge on Valentine'KarryVIPDined on 2/14/2013Went to Bubble Lounge on Valentine's day with my good friend. I thought the food portion would not be enough for the both of us..boy was I wrong! I was so full and the champagne was delicious. The music selection was also A+. Staff was very friendly. I intend to come here again. This is definitely a must go!Special Features:
- My 30th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013Everything was absolutely amazing I couldn't have wished for moreSpecial Features:
- My husband and I are avidOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/29/2012My husband and I are avid champagne lovers so we were excited about visiting the Bubble Lounge for our first night in NYC. Although our waitress was pleasant and helpful, and the food was great, we were constantly distracted by the staff "party" that was happening in front of the bar. Everyone was chatting, eating, drinking (even shots!) instead of focusing on the 2-3 tables of guests that could have appreciated a little more attention. Our waitress seemed a little uncomfortable or shy about joining in, but we figured she was being drawn into the "party" since it seemed to be the "norm". Could have been a MUCH better night...we would have stayed MUCH longer, too...Special Features:
- Great wine options, way overOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/24/2012Great wine options, way over priced - even for NYCSpecial Features:
- Wonderful NightAmazingDined on 11/16/2012Great time the other night! Wonderful selection of Champagne...Special Features: