BUA Thai & Sushi
705 Town Blvd, Suite Q330
Atlanta, GA 30319Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
BUA Thai & Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buaatlanta.com/
- Phone: 6789732665
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for more detail
A word from BUA Thai & Sushi
We offer exquisite dinning experience with the Best Thai and Sushi menu. Great atmosphere with open patio to enjoy evening or lunch with friends and family. Full bar with excellent selection of wine list. Bua Thai and Sushi... Simply Delicious.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
BUA Thai & Sushi - Best Restaurants in Brookhaven ›
BUA Thai & Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (23)neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (15)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)special occasion (8)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always Goid!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/17/2014Very consistent tasty food. Both sushi and Thai are very good. Weekly stop for us.Special Features:
- Not kid friendly and poor servicejbaesmanVIPDined on 10/2/2014We want to BUA to celebrate an anniversary. There are unfortunately few Thai restaraunts in the area. They have no children's menu -- we had to order adult portions. We were charged $2 per soft drink for each child and they charge for soft drink refills. The food was good -- it was just a bad experience because we felt they didn't want children in the restaurant.
- Delicious!ilovefoodVIPDined on 9/29/2014Bua has quickly become on of my favorite Thai restaurants in Atlanta. The atmosphere is trendy and fun and the food is authentic and so flavorful! The service was great too, quick/friendly and our server gave us great recommendations. The owner/manager walka around frequently to make sure all tables are happy. I love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is slipping - a bunchTheGeneralVIPDined on 8/30/2014Not sure what's changed but as a regular, I see Bua slipping more and more on service While the food remains nicely prepared and presented, the lack of service, attention to detail or even the patron will make me search else where for good thai. I've always loved Ma-Li and the sister location to Bua has been an Atlanta fav for many, Many years.....so the drive is longer but we will head there rather than Bua from now on....
- Delicious, As Usual!convoyhelmVIPDined on 8/23/2014Besides the yummy food, we all had killer cocktails that were simply delicious. We'll definitely return soon.Special Features:
- little 'off' on attention to detailTheGeneralVIPDined on 8/23/2014Made the reservation with a "75th Birthday" note . . . Called with a "75th Birthday" request.... Came early to make sure we were all set for a "75th Birthday" celebration.... Not one person said "Happy Birthday" or attempted to acknowledge this in any way. So while Bua still has good food and nice presentation - I would not be able to recommend it for any type of group celebration. It is disappointing because it is one of my Mom's favorite restaurants and she was surprised - as regulars - no one seemed to care at all. I did not see the owner - wondering if something has changed recently because she is normally very nice to say thanks to the regulars....I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a great shopping centergsteckDined on 8/22/2014The menu selection was great. They have bubble tea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tastes like ThailandMbsbVIPDined on 8/15/2014Bua provides unusual diversity, clarity and brightness of flavor compared to other Thai places in ATL. ( THis time we were with friends who had lived in THailand for 6 months and they said it "tasted like Thailand."). Service was friendly but not particularly competent: our server announced to us twice "Hi my name is xxx and I will be serving you today" but several times could not be found when we actually needed him. We sat outside, which was very comfortable, so the noise level was low - it might have been noisier inside…. WIne list does have a few decent options to this kind of food, including a surprisingly decent California Riesling by Fess Parker - a bit heavy-handed but very accurate flavor profile - perfect for this food.Special Features:
- Great ThailuvfrenchinSandySpringsDined on 8/9/2014Our 1st time eating here and the food / service was great !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceAtlanta01VIPDined on 7/29/2014Great food and service. This restaurant has a beautiful interior and spacious covered balcony. Great dinner and extensive menu, reasonable prices. A winner.Special Features:
- Good experienceUpisDownVIPDined on 7/26/2014Authentic Thai dishes with really good sushi. I highly recommend the noodle dishes. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014I really enjoyed dining at Bua. The service was fast and friendly and the atmosphere was nice, but still laid back. I was very pleased that their veggie dishes did not contain fish sauce. This may just be my new "go to" Thai place.Special Features:
- Going downOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/8/2014The last few times I have been in I have noticed a shortage of Staff. This is unacceptable! The Server basically ignored us until we flagged her over. We saw her 3 times total in 2 hours. And the food took 20 plus minutes with a major separation in coarses. When we asked where the food was we were finally acknowledged by, "oh its coming sorry for the wait". Really???
- Thai SurpriseRosanneDined on 7/1/2014Don't let the outside deter you from venturing inside. The food is very good and the service was very attentive. The Tangerine Chicken was very good as well as the tofu dish had just the right amount heat.Special Features:
- B-day CelebrationClaudibiriDined on 6/28/2014Delicious Food, great atmosphere & quick service. Second time dinning here.Special Features:
- The following 156 reviews are from the BUA Thai & Sushi reviews archive.
- Great Flavors - off service tonightTheGeneralVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great Flavors Great Space Nice people - tonight was a little off on service but I still am a loyal BUA fan -Special Features:
- Disappointing night at BuaMalnDined on 6/21/2014Been here several times and consistently loved the food & service. This evening, we came w/another family and were hugely disappointed. The entrees were delivered in 2 shifts, the 1st shift were the curries which were delivered at 7:45. The 2nd shift were the noodle dishes, which were delivered at 8:05. We were never informed that there would be a delay in the delivery of the noodle dishes, so we waited to eat until those were delivered. And waited. Asked a waiter, still nothing. Waited. Then the noodles came. We were told that there was a back up on stir-fry and the hot plate would not have kept the curries warm. We pointed out that they didn't stay warm sitting on the table, and were told, "there's nothing I can do". So disappointing.
- Good Thai food in nice modern decorOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/20/2014The restaurant is in Town Brookhaven, which has a nice mix of casual dining and drinking places. The menu has a good variety of Thai dishes as well as a nice mix of sushi. Our dinner party had one Thai dish and one sushi dish and both were good. Portions are not as large as at some Thai restaurants, but the atmosphere is also a bit more upscale. They have a nice outdoor seating area on the sidewalk, although we opted for inside due to the warm weather. In cooler times, it would be nice for outdoor dining- although there were plenty who chose that option on this evening as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You MUST Visit!DomesticQueenVDined on 6/15/2014I absolutely loved this restaurant it is beautiful in its decor and the food is equally as tasty!Special Features:
- Tuk Tuk still rules99pegasus99VIPDined on 6/14/2014Food at this restaurant is very sub-par, and not seasoned correctly... Tuk Tuk and Tamarind Seed are far better.
- BuyahSuzyqDined on 6/7/2014food always great. service better than usual. it seems that with increasing popularity amount of food for price shrinkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, drinks are +\-ErosAnikatosDined on 5/22/2014Their Thai food is above average - ranging from reliably satisfying to excellent. Their drinks are hit or miss, sometimes being both tasty and creative, others being way too sweet. Service is usually fast and helpful, even on busy weekend dinners.Special Features:
- Great foodMonaVIPDined on 5/10/2014Best Thai restaurant in Atlanta! Love the papaya salad, drunken noodles and chilli tofu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent As AlwaysSDA1VIPDined on 5/9/2014We love both of Joy's restaurants, BUA and Mali. The food at BUA is delicious, creative, and beautifully presented. Specialty cocktails are fabulous, and the atmosphere is hip and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai!Bren6RNVIPDined on 5/3/2014This is our neighborhood go-to! When our family from NY was visiting sort of last minute, we knew this was the place we wanted to take them for a late lunch and outdoor eating on a beautiful Saturday. Our martinis were perfect and the food is ALWAYS delicious. The chicken fried rice is always delicious and the spring roll appetizer is yummy!! Everyone's meal was delicious!Special Features:
- a quite lunch.. always good flavorsTheGeneralVIPDined on 3/29/2014Come back for the Food and the rewards on iDine and points of Open Table but the service today was slow, yet the place was slow as well so I don't know what everyone was doing in the back. We wer one of two tables at lunch today and I brought some neighbors of mine to "brag" on the food and service at Bua. I did not see the owner but I'll bet with the goofing off going on the owner was not on premiseI would recommend this to a friend.
- Food portionsLuv2eatVIPDined on 3/18/2014We have been here many times to eat. The food is wonderful but latey the portion sizes for the main entree have become smaller.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try BUA & use OPENTABLE - its busy!TheGeneralVIPDined on 3/14/2014A great choice for Thai and even a little sushi has become a very popular local favorite... A "sister" eatery to Ma~Li in the Highlands, Bua has found a following and as Town Brookhaven has exploded - so has the demand for a table at Bua. Use OpenTable to make sure you have a seat as they DO hold your table for you and the rules of OT (some places don't when they get busy) The food always has great presentation, good flavors and the "dependables" like Pad Thai and others are dependable. The lunch specials offer good pricing and the atmosphere is great....as the weather warms, the patio is more and more popular so give Bua a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is by far the worst restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/10/2014This is by far the worst restaurant I have been to. This place needs to be taken off open table. The server was extremely rude and the food had a funny smell. No customer service and they just acted like customer service is a foreign language. I will never come to this place and recommend this place to any one.
- Maybe not againPoskashfloDined on 3/8/2014First try at this local restaurant. Check in was a but harried-almost an inconvenience for them. Got half way to table then seater left us to go back to verify where we were to go. Seated outside under tented area-away from inside scene where we would have preferred. Kind of banished to the second class area under a tent with heaters. Food was good, but i HATE it when the next course comes before the previous course is finished. Almost like the food is ready whether you are or not. Might try it again because the food was good. YMMV.
- The was reasonably good, butMarkVIPDined on 3/7/2014The was reasonably good, but nothing stood out as great.
- Birthday dinner party of 12OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014I booked a surprise birthday dinner party (originally for 15) and BUA was the only place available. I'm very happy I did. The food was awesome (sushi rolls), and the host was extremely accommodating. The fried banana they brought out was free, but it was gone in 60 seconds and I would have paid up to $15 for it. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love BUA!fortheloveofsushiDined on 3/1/2014BUA is high up on our go-to list of restaurants in our area. The food is consistently delicious and we love the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go againJessicaDined on 2/21/2014The food was excellent but the staff was running around like crazy and not super attentive. Food came out and I mentioned our drinks hadn't even been brought to us and then when she brought them i noticed the sushi she set down was not mine. So he ordered pad thai and ate it all by the time my sushi finally came out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- You'll like it a Bunch for Lunch!TheGeneralVIPDined on 2/20/2014First - they are local, fresh, and nice folks..... 2nd, they are on Open Table so you can always get a table! 3rd, They have Great lunch specials 4th, Great Flavors and presentation with good quality food at fair pricing.... What more could you ask for?!?!?! They are also on iDine (look into it) and that adds up to more $$$ for more dinners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the sushiBrianTheMasterVIPDined on 2/18/2014What disappointment the sushi was. I love the Brookhaven area and most of the restaurants are good, but this one was a miss. The "mixed drinks" are just straight shots, nothing to balance the alcohol. The Thai tea was overly sweet. But the biggest disappointment was the food, none of the fish was fresh and the way to cover that is to make it spicy. I will return to try the Thai due to everyone looked to be enjoying that.
- Good food7oniDined on 2/14/2014Food was good. Service was good considering it was a holiday. Really appreciated vegan optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicious!AndeeVIPDined on 2/7/2014I always enjoy dining with at Bua. The food is consistently fresh and the drinks are wonderful.Special Features:
- My Thai!BenjaminDined on 2/7/2014Great Thai dishes. Not a weak choice on the menu. The Sushi bar is a bonus.Special Features:
- Alwats a Good Lunch MeetingTheGeneralVIPDined on 2/7/2014Great Flavors and Great atmosphere - I use BUA for more than just a bite to eat - the lunch specials are excellent and a great plasce for business meetings....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.