BTG Wine Bar
63 West 100 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84101Neighborhood:
Wine BarPrice: $31 to $50
BTG Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.btgwinebar.com/
- Phone: 8013592814
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - Close, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Mediterranean, International
- Executive Chef: Fred Moesinger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from BTG Wine Bar
Welcome to Salt Lake City’s first and only wine bar--BTG Wine Bar! Located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, BTG (By The Glass) offers over 75 wines in pours of 2 ounces, 5 ounces, bottles, or flights. We also procure premium and artisanal spirits for our craft cocktails. We offer international & local brewer's beer, a small bites menu, and the full menu from Caffe Molise to complement our libations. The upscale and relaxed atmosphere lends itself to an intimate date or a large party. The close proximity to Abravanel Hall, Capitol Theatre, Energy Solutions Arena, City Creek Center, and the Salt Palace Convention Center make the wine bar a perfect pre or post event venue. The bar is available for private functions, private tastings, and banquets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
BTG Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
BTG Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (22)good for groups (12)late-night find (11)fit for foodies (11)romantic (9)special occasion (9)vibrant bar scene (9)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (5)great for lunch (1)Show More
- SushiDined on 10/14/2014Great wine list, service was phenomenal and loved that we were able to order from the full Caffe Molise menu. The only thing that I would change would be the music - it was so much different than the vibe of the restaraunt. I would have expected more low-key music (Frank Sinatra, Andrea Bocelli) and not the pop music (of the 70's and 80's) that was playing.Special Features:
- Nice wine barGoodRestaurantDined on 10/11/2014Great wine bar - plenty of by the glass selection. Also liked the flights offering. It consists of three 2 oz samplers of select wines. Went for a girls night out. I would make a reservation becasue the place was at capacity when we arrived at 7:30. We had dinner from Cafe Molisse. OMG - so yummy. They work with BTG so it is a full menu selection. Our waitress was also very attentive and when she did not know the answer to a question, she was honest but also went to find out for us. The only down side for me, its called a wine bar so I expected more of a lounge/wine bar feel. The place is warm and inviting but it is definately more of a restaurant feel with a beautiful bar. I would absolutely go back though.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, wine & food.MangiamoDined on 10/11/2014BTG has a great ambiance. The food from Molise was very good - I had the pork tenderloin with figs. The meat was fork tender, the sauce was fabulous. I love their sampler wine menu. Between my date and I, we tried nine different wines. The waitress was very good. She was skilled at being attentive without being intrusive so that my date and I could have a romantic dinner and focus on each other. This is a great place to relax and have some great food and great wine. I'll definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice new spotelvisDined on 9/24/2014nice new spot for wine lovers with many unusual wines by the glass and a menu of small plates. Good food, and you can order from Caffe Molise next door if you want a full menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-Notch Wine ListSheriffLVIPDined on 9/12/2014BTG Wine Bar curates an interesting and ever-evolving wine list. Tastes are available in 2, 5, and 8oz pours, allowing maximum flexibility for the wine connoisseur. The wine flights are especially good to compare and contrast wines of a similar style or produced in a particular region. A full menu of Italian dishes is available. The food is well-prepared, generously portioned and fairly priced. Arrive early in the evening for the best shot at a table; the place fills up quickly! Parking can be difficult in this neighborhood, but there is ample availability in the nearby City Creek underground lot.Special Features:
- Excellent Wine Bar! Love it! ❤️YummyvinoDined on 8/30/2014We spent about 4 hours sampling delicious wine while enjoying the company of old friends. Could not have been a better setting for such a wonderful night out. Will most definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wineShelTVIPDined on 8/30/2014BTG offers a great experience for food and wine in SLC. There is a small plate menu as well as the full Cafe Molise menu available. Huge options for wine and many great ones. Food and wine are awesome. Service is slow and a bit unorganized both times we have visited. Patrons this is for you: Please do not go to a wine bar wearing perfume or cologne. We were absolutely bombed by two tables and left prematurely because we could no longer smell or taste our wines. If you don't get the wine experience try not obscuring ever freakin possible nuance of the wine with your stench. COME ON PEOPLE!Special Features:
- Over chargedNoclamsandotheringredientVIPDined on 7/26/2014I think I was definitely overcharged. for two of the 5 OZ glasses, I was charged $16/each. Doesn't sound right. And the 5OZ looked like 2 OZ. Ripped off.Special Features:
- Cheers!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/19/2014It's so great to have a wine bar in SLC that offers tasting flights. I've adored every single time I've been and I'm incredibly happy that they're now on Open Table.Special Features:
- Finally a wine bar in SLCLifeinslcDined on 7/11/2014Great spot to meet up with friends and sample different wines/spirits. It's a nice option not to have to eat a meal just to meet for drinks but you can have a wonderful dining experience if you'd like from Cafe Molise Next door. I love the "flights" which gives you the chance to try 2 oz samples of 3 different whites or reds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find!NoclamsandotheringredientVIPDined on 6/27/2014I searched for a wine bar and found BTG. Went there with my girl friend at the last minute and found it to be better than expected. BTG had an extensive wine list, and the nibbles were great too. We had the meatballs and Antipasti and they were delicious. We will be returning again for sure.Special Features:
- The following 2 reviews are from the BTG Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Great girls nightMirandaDined on 6/21/2014What an amazing night! Great food, great drinks and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice new barSlimDined on 6/20/2014Dined with a couple friends on Friday night after finding BTG on the Internet as a new bar with bites. Knew of Café Molise had eaten there several times so made a reservation and that would give it a try. The food was great. Their mac & cheese appetizer was wonderful they had signature cocktails that were delicious and wonderful selection of wine. I would definitely recommend this to my other friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.