Brx American Bistro
1025-I Seneca Rd.
Great Falls, VA 22066Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Brx American Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brxgf.com/
- Phone: 7034339050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00 - 9:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Ashwani Ahluwalia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Visit http://www.brxgf.com/index.php/news/ to learn about our Specials & Events
A word from Brx American Bistro
Brx is a place where you can take your family or meet with your friends for some quality time and good food and drink. We wanted to create an atmosphere where people could gather casually in a sophisticated, yet down to earth locale. Brx's large dining room and outdoor patio offer a casual and comfortable ambiance to enjoy our American cuisine influenced by your favorite comfort foods. Our casual bar area is the perfect place for a glass of wine from our extensive wine list, or a round of beers with friends. Brx's large dining room and outdoor patio offer a casual and comfortable ambiance to enjoy our American cuisine influenced by your favorite comfort foods. Our casual bar area is the perfect place for a glass of wine from our extensive wine list, or a round of beers with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brx American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (20)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (15)romantic (13)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (10)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Beautiful Evening DinnerpartyallthetimeDined on 8/16/2014For my boyfriend's birthday, we decided on a "staycation" out in the Dulles area (we're city-dwellers). I found Brix on opentable and we google mapped our way there from the hotel. The restaurant is located in a small strip mall and is very unassuming. When we pulled up, we both thought it was going to be kind of a neighborhood sports bar. But once we got in (and back out)...ohhh! We sat in the back patio area, where the ambiance was great. We ordered an appetizer, two main dishes, and 2 desserts. Everything was excellent and better than either of us had expected! Honestly, I felt like I got more than what we paid for, and he is still raving about his birthday dinner here!Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Food was tasteless and way over priced for what it was.
- Dinner outJfiller45VIPDined on 7/29/2014They did an outstanding job, once again. Everything was prepared nicely with balance in the flavors.Special Features:
- Somewhat hidden gemKADEDined on 7/26/2014For a resto in a strip mall or shopping center, this is a pretty good spot. The decor is nice and the menu is expansive, the food is tasty. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!VAFamilyof5Dined on 7/13/20145 of us went to dinner, all ordering some different type of seafood. Not one plate went back with anything on it! My daughter loves the scallop special and I had the crab cakes, with spinach on the side, which was outstanding(!). We went on a Sunday night and it wasn't too crowded. Service was reasonably good, although I could've had my water glass refilled a little more frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place (in a strip mall!)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014Brix is a nice place for dinner (why I went). Good wine list, all the way from decent wines to nice wines. ($38-$60 bottles mostly). The service was fantastic, and I felt compelled to go over my standard 20%. If you can stand a couple mosquito bites, sit outside. it's a little more secluded and the ambiance is great.Special Features:
- Food not the same.....PiperVIPDined on 7/11/2014I usually love Brix as an alternative to Reston dining, but my meal this past weekend was blah....will probably not go back. Positive note, service was good despite my meal not being very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014Food was great, service good. Wine corkage fee of $30 was a bit outrageous. But, i would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go only for patio & winexnyrVIPDined on 6/20/2014Brx is always a mixed experience. The outdoor patio is comfortable, quiet, and protected from rain. The wine list is excellent, if somewhat pricey, and the wine is perfectly maintained. Service is pleasant and competent. But, I am sorry to say, the food is too inconsistent to justify the high price point. The flatbread was great. The burger was ok but not special. My salad with tuna was ok, but the tuna appeared to have been pre-cut and frozen and then thawed to be place on the salad. The least imaginative preparation I have had. Our check for two was $150, of which $100 was for the food. Way too much for these items and this ho-hum preparation.Special Features:
- valuable neighborhood restaurantbear2cDined on 5/31/2014a quiet well decorated restaurant with good food. great for dinner at the last minute.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed this restaurantViniferaDined on 5/30/2014This was our first time in this restaurant and we will definitely be back. The food was great, service great and it was just an enjoyable evenng.Special Features:
- Brix is 3 for 3 with usBertyDined on 5/16/2014We just dined at Brix for the third time this year and the food was very good as always. The portions are properly sized, not too much, not too little. Prices are reasonable for such good quality food. The atmosphere is casual yet very nice at the same time. There is an outdoor patio; although we did not sit there, it appeared very comfortable. Service was good. Our server disappeared during our meal, but others stepped in on her behalf. There are generally a couple of nightly specials although the prices for specials are not noted so you have to ask (which I don't like to have to do).Special Features:
- Good find near Sterling/Great FallsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/16/2014Don't let the strip mall location put you off: you will get a high-quality meal and good service. Outside dining available, under a canopy: I'm usually not an outside eater, but it was very pleasant. One small quibble: it appeared that the Key Lime pie dessert had been frozen. Regardless, we intend to come back.Special Features:
- The following 361 reviews are from the Brx American Bistro reviews archive.
- Excellent Once Again!KennDined on 4/19/2014I've been to Brx several times recently and it has become my favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Brx ReviewDipsterDined on 4/12/2014Upscale suburban restaurant & bar, with delicious food, vibrant atmosphere, excellent service (our server provided a terrific wine choice to accompany our meal) and reasonable prices. The chef accommodated my slight change request with my dish & it was outstanding.Special Features:
- fantastic food!mlsprigDined on 4/8/2014thoroughly enjoyed everything we ordered - very good flavor, items cooked well and the wines were great!Special Features:
- We found Brx American BristroOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/5/2014We found Brx American Bristro a be a great spot for a casual night with friends. Food was very good. We enjoyed everything we ordered and will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great area restaurantbeegeeDined on 4/5/2014This restaurant has been in our neighborhood for a few years and we just have never gotten the chance to go and eat there until this past weekend. We were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is not too visible from the road, but once inside you find a nice atmosphere. The menu has lots of choices. Food was great and our waitress couldn't have been better. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- A Surprising DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/22/2014Server struggled to name the beers on tap and, as an after thought, asked if we had looked at the drink menu. We hadn't been given a drink menu so she went off to retrieve one for us, which took about 10 minutes. After the drinks came, we ordered appetizers and entrees. I ordered the grouper which was a special that night. 20 minutes later, when entrees should have been served, she appeared at our table to tell us they were out of grouper so I'd need to order something else. I can understand running out of the special but why did it take 20 minutes to let us know? I ordered the salmon instead which was good but no better than I can cook for myself.
- Another great dining experienceMixedDined on 3/22/2014We discovered the restaurant 2 years ago. We are always pleased with out dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 Satisfied CustomersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014My husband and I went with another couple. We had eaten there once previously but the other couple had not. All 4 of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals. I started with the mussels appetizer, which was a good sized portion in a robust sauce. Our friend had a lamb sausage appetizer which he really enjoyed. The scallops were served in a sambuca sauce, unique and extremely tasty. My husband and I both had salads, mine with blackened salmon and his with chicken. The service was excellent, as we were busy chatting away and didn't want to order immediately, but the server made himself available whenever we needed him. Overall a very nice dining experience, at a reasonable price. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great brunch placeaussievaDined on 3/16/2014It has been a while since we've been at Brix, and we went for brunch with friends who introduced us to Brix. Service is always pleasant but not overbearing. I had the eggs benedict, which is pretty good, (I don't get them elsewhere). They were not hot hot but warm is my only complaint. The potatoes are tasty and serving is just right. Husband got hash and fried eggs, which he devoured. Hash was tasty but he's had better. Friend's omelet came to her with onions, which she informed the waiter she could not eat, so they had to send it back. It was not crowded so not sure how that mistake was made. Overall a good time and good food. Coffee was good and hot. I would go back and try dinner again.Special Features:
- Relaxing and fulfillingJantheDined on 3/6/2014Wonderful Pita and Gruyere dip with apples. Delicious oriental salad. We weren't rushed at lunch to leave and our waiter was there when we needed him and left us alone to enjoy one another's company.Special Features:
- Great foodBertyDined on 3/4/2014We have eaten at Brx twice in the last two months and had a great meal both times. The food is excellent and comes with a healthy portion of fresh vegetables. I noticed a low-calorie section of the menu that had some nice choices; I think I'll try one of those next time. We'll definitely be back soon. We were fortunate to meet Ash, the owner and very hospitable gentleman. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!NewlocalVIPDined on 2/28/2014We found this restaurant using open table, and were nicely surprised. The location and name gave me a false expectation. I was half expecting to find a small Chili's type restaurant. However, we found something totally different. Very nice, reasonably portioned, meals were served. Even though it did not immediately appear to be kid friendly, they did have a kids menu and the server was very accomodating to our young daughter. Speaking of the server. She was VERY nice and attentive (but not too much). I would even specifically requesting her. Slodja (I think) was her name.Special Features:
- This is one of my favoriteJudy44Dined on 2/22/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. Great food and atmosphere. Our door patio for the summer and cozy fireplace for the winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Foodscburris29VIPDined on 2/22/2014Have to get the ribs with truffle parm fries and fresh raw oysters. Some of the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- wownursejudyDined on 2/16/20142nd time dining here for special birthday, and it was wonderful. I can't speak to the outdoors dining, but indoors its always pleasant and private. You never feel crowded and the food is phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ImprovementGreatFallsLocalDined on 2/11/2014It had been quite some time since I had eaten at Brix. Our lunch as excellent. Both my colleague and I enjoyed excellent service and very tasty main courses. There are not too many choices for upper scale dinning in the Great Falls / Dranesville area, so it is very good to have top notch, reliable restaurant nearby. There will not be so much time between visits in the future.Special Features:
- Becoming a Favorite in the area...netwrkr95Dined on 2/7/2014I have seen this place change management over several years now. Since it has been Brix, it continues to get better and is now one of my favorites and is as good as it has been. Service, food, ambiance... fantastic place. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, wine overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2014The food was outstanding. But the liquor and wine prices were exorbitant. We're looking for good found with reasonable prices for wine and liquor. This was not it. Too noisy as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Surprising FindRobertDined on 1/18/2014This is a local find that proved surprisingly good. I took my family last week for dinner. Inside BRX it is nicely decorated with fully stocked bar, fireplace and dining tables arranged in a flowing manner. With their ability to cover the outside and keep it warm, BRX is also useful for larger events. Our meals were delicious (good wine, too) with my wife enjoying a wonderful bouillabaisse loaded with fresh seafood in a savory broth. We also experienced their salmon and filet mignon, both of which were equally impressive. Food presentation is well done. Not to be missed is the dessert listed as “mini Indulgences” which arrives in small glasses that can be shared. Service was excellent with an attentive staff.Special Features:
- Used to be my favorite restaurantjulietteDined on 1/17/2014Brx is still a good restaurant but there have been changes to staff and the service isn't what it used to be. I think the food is also not what it used to be but I still enjoyed myself.Special Features:
- Excellent place for dinnerJohn42Dined on 1/3/2014Went there for dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday it was a great evening. Awesome food, great service - this place is a hidden gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantspecialeveningDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I have been here for dinner several times and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent with very appealing presentation. It is a nice special night out for a meal. I also have lunch there often with a friend and we always enjoy the quiet atmosphere and delicious offerings at lunch. It is becoming one of my favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good food, some not so goodrockitmonDined on 12/29/2013There were 3 of us. All food was very well presented and service was great. My Grouper entre was very good. My mother had bruschetta that she thought would have been good except for too much grated cheese that overpowered it. It would probably be better to provide such strong cheese on the side. My wife had portabella mushroom sandwich that she thought had far too much oil. We had lunch here a few months ago and were more pleased with our food. Overall, I do like this restaurant and will probably return.Special Features:
- just gets better!RichVIPDined on 12/20/2013We are happy to find that the small changes and special items that are always added to the menu stretch the legs of this new local favorite. Their nightly specials are always fresh and inviting, always wanting to try it before its replaced, albiet by something just as good or better!Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseFrmrNYersDined on 12/14/2013Brx offers a combination of tasty dishes and relaxed but welcome ambiance. Good for dates, gathering with good friends or just getting away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantGelato71Dined on 12/7/2013Great fast service which is a blessing when you have hungry kids. Food is excellent for adults and a great wine list compliments this.Special Features:
- Great Service and FoodDeliciousDined on 11/30/2013This was an exceptional find. Get there before the holidays are over as it's beautifully decorated and the fireplace was on. Service was great, efficient and not intrusive. The steak was cooked to perfection and the garlic spinach is a garlic lovers dream. The brisket was tender and moist with a chef made bbq sauce, just delicious. Highly recommend taking friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.