467 Court Street
Portsmouth, VA 23704Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bruttis.com/
- Phone: 757-393-1923
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 8:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Megan King
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Brutti's specializes in Catering... Corporate Breakfast Lunch and dinner, emergency and mass feeding, banquets, bar & bat mitzvah's, funerals, weddings,rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, brunches, receptions, cocktail parties ... full service award winning catering, personal chef services,Restaurant buy outs.
A word from Brutti's
Our dining room has a warm, comfortable feeling as well and you can hear jazz here on weekend nights. Breakfast and lunch are served daily and dinner is available six nights a week, so the restaurant serves both business and casual crowds. Our neighborhood bistro offers an upscale menu and delivers great food and friendly surroundings. Outdoor patio, take-out, jazz entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Brutti's - Best Restaurants in Portsmouth ›
Brutti's reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (9)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Reunion BrunchJeffHDined on 8/17/2014Every three years, this is how the high school reunion ends, brunch at Brutti's. Excellent food as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/15/2014This was our first time eating here. It is also a comedy club. We ordered the mussels and truffle fries for our appetizers and then ordered our entrees, which we never got to. The truffle fries didn't taste like truffles at all and the sever explained that it was a truffle oil. I have had truffle fries with truffle oil and you should be able to taste the truffles! Even worse, the mussels were ice cold! We decided that we didn't want to take the chance of sending them back and were nervous what our entrees would be like, so we left. Only plus was that our glasses of wine were heavy pours and inexpensive.
- Wasted TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014I had made reservations here a week before we actually went there. They were closed when we got there. Not after hours and we missed it. CLOSED.
- Third time, Not charmed!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Sunday brunch buffet, so many of the meat dishes were dry. It looked like a clearance sale on leftovers to make room for Monday delivery. Flies dropping from the ceiling onto the buffet plates. The friendliness of the servers almost made up for the poor food quality.
- Brutti'sChefSkipDined on 6/27/2014I had a reservation for 18 people for 7 p.m. Staff acted surprised to see us when we walked in. Told us to sit where ever we wanted. Place was empty at 7 on a Friday. Servers took at least 10 minutes to get our drinks. AT the time there was only 6 of us at the table. They then told us they couldn't split the check into more than two. Steve the bartender was the only bright spot of the evening. I had the mushroom burger and it was cooked perfectly and was actually very good but my wife had the pizza, which arrived 10 minutes after everyone else's food, and it was mediocre at best....and this place has a brick pizza oven. WTF Overall experience. Pretty bad. Would I come back? Probably not.
- DisgustedDined on 6/15/2014There were flies from the entry way. Large roach was crawling on the ice container. Staff was very unprofessional and not very clean. They used their bare hands to wipes spills and then wiped it on her clothes ( pregnant waitress did this). There were broken plates on the buffet like that was normal. My fork was old. The gentleman making omelettes had a fly that was stuck to his shirt. He wiped it off with his glove and never changed the glove. Gentleman sitting people came over to man the carving station without washing his hands or putting a glove on.
- Don't think I'm coming back...eatinginptownDined on 5/24/2014We were the only ones in there and it took a while to get our food. They also got my mom's order wrong. They fumbled around a lot trying to remedy that situation. At the end they offered everyone free dessert...I don't know the whole situation put me off and the food was good but not dazzling. I just can't believe all of that happened in an empty restaurant!
- DisappointedLoveLocalDined on 5/11/2014We went to Bruitti's for a special occasion and unfortunately did not have a good experience. We had to wait before being seated because the computers had been down and they were not able to produce checks for the previous diners. We waited downstairs where it was uncomfortably hot. While I recoginize technology sometimes lets you down, once we did make it upstairs and were seated, alot of the food had run out and was not replenished the entire length of our visit. The food that was available was not warm. I had high hopes for this visit but unfortunately Brutti's did not live up to my expectations.
- Terrible staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014They ran out of plates on the second floor. We waited 15 minutes for plates before I went down stairs and picked up 30 plates for everyone. When we arrived they were out of eggs. 1.5 hours later when we left they were still out of eggs. Only saving grace was the French toast.
- Mother's Day BrunchFoodieplusoneDined on 5/11/2014Our first time to Brutti's and brought my mother for Mother's Day. What a disappointment considering you are paying almost $25 a plate and there were four of us in our party!!!! It was hot inside, crammed into a table with one way out because the next table was so close to ours. Felt like we were sitting on each others laps. The waitress didn't explain to us how the buffet was set up, got our drink order wrong and we had to wait to catch her to get refills when she walked by. There weren't labels on the food telling what it was and when asked for more biscuits, they came out of the kitchen COLD! Most of the food there was luke warm at best and was either low or had not been replenished. Will NOT be going back there again.
- Sunday Brunchpudnop43Dined on 5/11/2014The Sunday brunch is WONDERFUL. The food was fresh. The chairs are a little out dated and need to be replace.Special Features:
- Better last yearOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014This year wasn't as good as last year. I came here for Easter last year and we got there at about 9am and the food was great and plenty of it. We came there this year for Mothers Day at 11am and there wasn't much food left, it didn't taste fresh, and there weren't really any desserts left. It just wasn't worth the money this year like it was last year. I think that no matter what time it is, there should be plenty of food and it should be fresh. I wish it was better because I was really looking forward to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheCovDined on 5/11/2014We love this place! Great brunch. No longer a secret.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What difference a year makesHonestdinerDined on 5/10/2014I've eaten here for lunch and dinner in the past and enjoyed it. My recent trip was not a good experience. They ran out of calamari before 8, messed up my order, and the service took forever. I don't know what has changed in a year but there needs to be some improvement for the dinner service.Special Features:
- Saturday Brunchpudnop43Dined on 5/10/2014The food was okay. I thought the Saturday brunch would be the same as the Sunday Brunch. I was mistaken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 224 reviews are from the Brutti's reviews archive.
- Brutti's Brunch is Best!BirthdayvisitDined on 4/27/2014Brutti's Sunday Brunch is the best brunch in the Tidewater area. While the area is a small, but comfort place, the food and service is always a great place to go on Sunday morning/afternoon. Plenty of excellent food, the omelette is perfect, and the service is always friendly and ensure that you are ready for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayCyndyBDined on 4/26/2014Unfortunately, Brutti's has coasted downhill...almost empty on a Saturday evening. Due to tunnel tolls? After we ordered wine from the very brief wine menu, the server suggested we try the house chardonnay, Fireroad (hmm, no house wine listed). He brought a sample:heavy grapefruit. Oops--the menu lists Fireroad as a sauvignon blanc. They'd kept the door open (hot day), so the restaurant was warm; he tried to turn on the fan but couldn't find the outlet. Had to ask 3 times for utensils for our companions. Our Caesar salad was fine. "Jumbo lump" crabcakes had no lumps, lots of filler & shell; seared ahi was good. The sauteed spinach was excellent. Of the 3 desserts, we chose the carrot cake which was overly sweet and too moist.
- Great place in Olde TowneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Great place for evening dining. We also enjoy Sunday brunch!Special Features:
- Great as alwaysPTownDinerDined on 4/20/2014A fixture in Old Town Portsmouth, the food is great, as is the service, and if you're lucky, the owner will greet you and regale you with fun banter!Special Features:
- Easter brunch.EasterBrunchDined on 4/20/2014I simply could not have asked for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014eaten here several times, noisy,close atmosphere but charming ambiance. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleangiebDined on 4/20/2014We went to Brutti's for Easter Brunch. When we arrived we waited at least 15 mins for the hostess to get to her station. When she finally arrived she checked in one person at time. They seated us next to a table that was not cleared off and took at least 20 mins before they came to clear it off. When they did, it was the hostess who did it. The brunch wasn't bad but the roast beef was so tough my mother couldn't cut it at all. I had been to this place before for brunch and thought we would try it again. Very disappointing.
- Fair ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014We waited at the podium in line for 30 minutes despite having a reservation. Then the hostess couldn't find us a table right away, again despite having a reservation. Food was good. Drinks (bloody mary) were way to spicy, could not drink them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brutti's Brunch2foodnutsDined on 4/20/2014We went to brunch Easter Sunday before church. The food was great but pricey for breakfast food. It is pricey even for a buffet lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a business lunchEN12Dined on 4/16/2014I had heard several good things about Brutti's but hadn't been there yet so when I had the opportunity to pick the location for a business lunch in Portsmouth I thought we should try the place out. I love that they have all of their menu items online so I could share it easily with all of the attendees and had online reservations. Also the lunch menu was diverse enough that everyone easily found something to order, and the food was served quickly and as ordered. Our server was excellent - our waters were always full and he was attentive to requests for more napkins, condiments, etc. Look forward to coming back sometime for dinner!Special Features:
- Wasn't open..made reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/8/2014Wasn't open..made reservations on open table for dinner on tuesday night. Unfortunately found our when we got there found out they sre only open for dinner on weekends.. bummerI would recommend this to a friend.
- . Reservations were incrediblyluvptownDined on 3/22/2014. Reservations were incredibly easy to make online.Special Features:
- Brunch rocks!SarahMDined on 3/16/2014I've had brunch at Brutti's twice and found it to be consistently great: the food, the service, the atmosphere. It's a bit crowded and there's a lot of traffic because of the brunch line. For the price I was disappointed not to see homemade desserts, but it's a small glitch in an overall great way to spend a Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive for what youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014Too expensive for what you get. I had a lot of friends reccommend the place to me stating how good it was. i was very disappointed. They were doing a mardi gras theme. It was not good. The food had no flavor for a brunch. Rice was mushy...Not worth the price to me.
- Glass ware was dirty. RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/1/2014Glass ware was dirty. Restaurant smelled moldy. Food and service was average.
- DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2014This place on just decent and overpriced for the buffet. Old decor. I may consider trying something other than the buffet.
- GreatTheSpotDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I frequent this restaurant for bruch. This was the first time we had dinner and it was spectacular. We plan on doing it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Disasterbag007Dined on 2/14/2014At first everything seemed really nice, it had a romantic setting and everyone else's food looked good. The waiter was friendly and attended to us frequently but not too over assertive. The beer selection was good, but the mixed drinks seemed watered down. The Valentines day menu was not offered online, so I had no clue it was a $70.00 bill just for the food till I looked at the very limited special menu. The chef was terrible. The chicken was hard on the outside and certain spots of it on the inside were questionable if it was cooked all the way through, the salad only taste like onions, the cocktail shrimp came with no sauce, and the dessert looked like a bunch of thawed out fruit smashed and put on some white cake, which was soggy.Special Features:
- The service outshined the foodvhoyt1980Dined on 2/14/2014We were a little disappointed to find out that there was only a special menu for Valentine's Day since we had picked what we had wanted to eat beforehand, but it didn't stop us from dining. The waiter we had was EXCELLENT, and his service made the night a very enjoyable one. I can't really critique the restaurant on food really since we didn't have their regular menu, but the desert was phenomenal. I'm sure we'll try this place again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great go-to placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The national oriental brush painting society held it's 50th national exhibition in Portsmouth. We used Brutti's for all of the lunches (30 people each day) for 5 days and also held the banquet (88 people) on Saturday night. Every day the food was different, tasty, on time, great service. Feed back from all attendees was very positive. Working with the staff for the banquet was very professional. Food was excellent, audio/video set up was perfect, everything was on time. I would recommend and work with Brutti's in the futureSpecial Features:
- Went for brunch with a partyTasteeDined on 1/5/2014Went for brunch with a party of 5. Had the lamb from the carving station. I was a bit surprised that the lamb (and beef also) is presented rare and the cook finishes it off to your preference in a frying pan... but it was very tender and delicious. The area we were seated was in the back, close to the kitchen and it felt like we were not in the restaurant but more in the service area. I have eaten at Brutti's 3 times and the food is never disappointing. The french toast is superb. The vegetarian offerings are very creative and tasty. Lots of offerings, something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new years partyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We had a very good night at the restaurant on New Years Eve ! Buffet was good and our server was very friendly and gave us great service throughout the night .Special Features:
- Change of the Timesusna75Dined on 12/31/2013Brutti's used to be the favorite restaurant for my wife and I while we were dating and even after we were married. It was a quiet, romantic place with a great wine menu, food and service second to none where the owner and his wife would great(and know) returning clients by face if not by name. Then they "expanded" to the upper 3 floors of the building. After opening the "new Brutti's" the only thing that has remained the same is the quality of food served. Service and ambiance just aren't there anymore and I find that very disheartening. Have now had to look for a new place to replace it as our special event restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good but theTheVisitorDined on 12/5/2013The food was good but the meal service needed help. i didn't get my salad before the pizza which is only logiical. The pizza tasted good but was not piping hot. Now it could have been as i sat and watched my pizzza sittng on the counter. My salad was not brought until i called another member of the wait staff over to ask for it. there was only a few people in the restaurant. I asked for it to be served so they made a salad. i don't kow what they were doing but it didnt seem like it cooking and waiting tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- badexperienceBadExperienceDined on 10/25/2013I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone. My family and I went this past Friday and the service was horrible. Our orders was messed up 3 times for lack of food (twice) and ordering from the wrong menu. It was our servers second night on the job so you would think that the owner or more senior employees would've helped out but they didn't. Also, two couples walked out for the slow service the restaurant provided and I wish we had too. This restaurant didn't deserve our business period.