222 Forest Avenue
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
BelgianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brusselsbistro.com/
- Phone: 9493767955
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday & Sunday 11.30am - 4pm
Diner: Sunday - Thursday 4pm - 10.30pm
Friday & Saturday 4pm - 10pm
Dj Nightclub: Every Friday & Saturday at 10.30pm - 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Belgian
- Executive Chef: Thomas Crijns
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: DJ Nightclub every Friday & Saturday 10.30pm - 2am
A word from Brussels Bistro
Brussels Bistro is located in downtown Laguna Beach and offers great Belgian food and beers with entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Brussels Bistro - Best Restaurants in Laguna Beach ›
Brussels Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (18)great for outdoor dining (14)great for lunch (14)hot spot (14)special occasion (10)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (7)romantic (7)Show More
- Happily SurprisedReliesonreviewsDined on 10/18/2014Did not know what to expect. It was noisy at peak dinner time but noise settled down after dinner rush. It is a small restaurant with a good number of tables, so this is to be expected. The menu is different. The food is Belgian. So we weren't sure what to order. But everything we had was outstanding! The service was great. We will definitely be back. Terrifically fun for birthdays too! They do something special which gets the whole restaurant involved. Don't miss this one!Special Features:
- Try the Pork chops!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Great food and service. The Pork Chops were delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MomarMomarDined on 10/17/2014Brussels feels like you're in Europe. It's menu is typical of Belgium and brings back memories of travels. It's very friendly, has good energy and just a delightful way to spend an evening. The food is quite good and the service most attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love itmikeVIPDined on 9/21/2014the food is always sooooo good, and the service is very good too, authentic french cuisine, we always enjoy going there, and trying the new food.Special Features:
- Always funbfjetsetterVIPDined on 9/21/2014This place serves reliably good food at fair prices. They are busy and some times rushed, but always friendly and polite. People love the beer selections. The Moules are quite good and very popular. Wed were a party of 6 with eclectic tastes and all were happy. I had duck to try it out and was surprised at how lovely it was. Another of us went for the Mac & Cheese and it was delicious, made with Gruyere. We have eaten here several times now and never been disappointed. It does get loud, so the earlier you go, the better chance you have at conversation.Special Features:
- In from dc visiting areasusanismVIPDined on 9/16/2014Service poor..waiter distracted. Friends at next table so he engaged with them...had to ask for refill for water four times,.went for mussels and they were terrific. Too bad service did not match up with food. When time for check..of course service very attentive.. Too late.Special Features:
- DON'T DO ITDPSeriousDined on 9/13/2014Service poor as incorrect orders were served without apology and response from server regarding improperly prepared food fell short. Food also poor as steak was served at wrong temperature and one order had a foreign substance in it. Too bad as I have been there before and enjoyed a much better experience.Special Features:
- Getting really expensiveLoveItbut2ExpensiveDined on 9/7/2014We love and have been eating at Brussels Bistro for many years (3 to 4 times a year), and seen the prices going up every time we go, there is a limit to what remains a casual meal. The flagship meal (mussels) now starts at $26, add a sauce and it will jumps the price by another 3 or 4 bucks. A party of 4 got is a $220 bill, before tip. Although we did share 2 appetizers, we limited our drinks to beer (4), and no wine. Food and service are good, but do not justify the price.Special Features:
- authentic belgian/frenchhockeygirlDined on 9/2/2014love this place. food is superb. extensive Belgian beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!RidgeRunnerDined on 8/30/2014Great food! Service was impecable, a menu worth exploring. Can't wait to go back and try more of their menu items.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurprisePShrewsDined on 8/26/2014Great food and service. Located on busy Forrest street. Dishes are well thought out and presented nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels from BrusselsCheynagalVIPDined on 8/19/2014We come here on the nights when they have all you can eat mussels. You can try all their different broths & you get a glass of wine or beer. All for $26. They have this special Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. I gained 2 lbs. this time! I love all the people who work there too!Special Features:
- A touch of Belgium in LagunaMamamayaDined on 8/12/2014Friendly, attentive service and a classic European menu (mussels and beef tartare anyone?) make this a great spot for dining. They do a fun birthday, blasting a birthday song and serving chocolate mousse with a sparkler. My one complaint is that the mussels they feature as a nightly special were not fresh; a bit of a disappointment, but the rest of the family enjoyed their meals.Special Features:
- Noisy but funCoronakidDined on 8/9/2014Small downstairs bistro with tables packed in and a busy bar. Saturday night might not be the best night to judge. Brie wrapped in bacon was great and popular. Mains were innovative but the Belgian sausages didn't quite hit the spot and the tuna special with peaches was a bright idea but somehow lacked 'wow' factor. Our French waiter was lively and the bar man was born in England. Very European! Nevertheless we enjoyed ourselves and would go again.Special Features:
- Big fat PEI MusselsGregverDined on 8/8/2014Brussels Bistro has 'em, along with great French-speaking servers limited but fun wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!DelishDined on 8/8/2014I took my fiancé who is a total foodie and be loved it. The waiter was so nice and friendly and great recommendations. Everything was perfect and full of delicious flavor. Thank you BrusslesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belgian Hot Spot!DoctordeathmanDined on 8/6/2014Great place! Great taps! Food really good. Three cheers for Pierre, our waiter from France was very helpful, informative and fun. I was as full as a tick when I left. Super Cool basement bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Belgian BistroJKZDADDined on 8/3/2014I have family in Belgium, and visit when I can. I found the meal (food & experience) very authentic. There is a nice, varied selection of Belgian dishes & beers (draft & bottled), and an appealing set of daily specials. My yardstick for basic Belgian food is fries, and the Bistro's don't disappoint in flavor or texture. Our party of 4 shared appetizers & bites of entrees. Everything was delicious. Our server, Pierre, was terrific and spot-on with his food & beer recommendations, and he allowed us to enjoy a relaxed meal experience. We were NEVER rushed. We savored a leisurely Euro-style 2.5 hour meal (you may dine faster if you wish). The Bistro's a bit pricey, but well worth it. We're already planning our return to try more of the menu.Special Features:
- Our new 'go to'K4foodVIPDined on 8/1/2014Tucked downstairs on Laguna's Forest Ave, BB is dreamy good. Burgers are up there with top 10. Pork ahank is as good as any I have ever had. Simply cannot recommend it more highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great BeersocalmonDined on 8/1/2014If you want to try a taste of Europe, specifically Belgium, this is the place for you. To start, order the mussels; they are not to be missed. Belgium is known for their beer, and the selection at this restaurant is diverse and excellent. Also to be recommended is the sausage plate. The sausages are robust and the bacon potato divine. The plate is served with a mustard sauce that is out of this world; we poured it over everything. Make sure you have room for dessert, you won't want to pass up either the Belgian waffle or the Liege waffle; with Belgian chocolate on the side. The atmosphere is energetic, oftentimes loud, people eating good food and having a good time; but I couldn't imagine it any other way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Belgium BeerRandRDined on 7/27/2014Expensive for the casual nature, but the mussels and beer are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BruinVIPDined on 7/25/2014Amazing food and service! Our favorite restaurant in Laguna Beach!Special Features:
- European Comfort VibeokiedokieDined on 7/21/2014The Moules are the specialty and quite delicious. Sausages are another specialty. The fish in parchment can not be beat. The basement brick interior sets up a casual setting that is quite comfortable . Wine and beer list includes good Belgian beers and tasty French wines. This is always on our Laguna restaurant week. Brussels Bistro produces consistent tasty food with excellent service. The menu is diverse and lid friendly. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceMissAdventureDined on 7/14/2014The hostess was very welcoming and made us feel at ease right away. The server was convivial, attentive, and amusing. The bus boy was prompt and efficient. A great staff that works well together to provide excellent service from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Belgian beer is a mustJoelVIPDined on 7/14/2014Wonderful recreation of a traditional Belgian bistro. The beer alone is worth the visit. Traditional Belgian dishes are prepared with care and affection.Special Features:
- The following 206 reviews are from the Brussels Bistro reviews archive.
- PaulDined on 7/2/2014We have taken friends to dinner here on many occasions and have never been disappointed. Always very good food and outstanding service. Also, the restaurant has very good wines at moderate prices.Special Features:
- Great Food, Extensive beer listTillyDined on 6/29/2014We have been coming here for years. We usually just stick with appetizers. Boeuf Tartare is divine. Mussels, croquettes, scargots are divine!! Worth the visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodPlanetmikeDined on 6/21/2014I've been here several times and it's always a pleasure. Whether in groups or just for 2, the food and service has always been good. It's a trustworthy culinary standard in the hood. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DifferentBenJDined on 6/7/2014Good food, great service. However, it was so noisy we couldn't have a normal conversation. We skipped dessert and had to escape.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth visitingScGooDined on 6/6/2014I had the sea bass in parchment and it was excellent. Wife had the seafood special and it was ok. Dessert was very good and waiter was excellent. We will definitely go back. Great happy hour and feels more like a city place vs. beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, amazing food.JohnDined on 6/6/2014It was difficult to select an entree because they all sounded wonderful. I ended up choosing the pork shank and it was one of the better meals I have ever eaten - incredibly tender and flavorful. Everyone in our group had wonderful dining experiences. The staff was very friendly and attentive. This was the second time I've been here and the service and food has been of similar quality. I will definitely continue to consider Brussels Bistro anytime I have the occasion for a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014If you like seafood, the Tomates Crevettes are a must. You haven't had good shrimp until you had the North Sea shrimp they use in this dish. Had plenty of different dishes at the Brussels Bistro, and never been disappointed. The restaurant is very busy and it does feel a little cramped in there.
- AbbeeDined on 5/30/2014I brought my Belgian born mother here before we went to a play. She was absolutely delighted. A replica of the famous Mannekin Pis statue greeted us as we walked in, which set the mood. The food was delicious; perhaps the best Trout Almondine I've ever had, anywhere. Everyone spoke French as well as English, which also pleased my mom. The owner and the waiters were warm and attentive. We were stuck in freeway traffic (from L.A.) and arrived much later than our reservation time and they were very gracious about that, too. We'll be back !Special Features:
- cute place ftench-speaking waitersdollDined on 5/24/2014Food was so-so. Fries and sausage tasted more like American. Our table ordered sausage, trout, and hen. They were good but nothing special. Service was attentive and prompt. Dessert was not memorable i can't recall what i ordered. no eclair till the holidays. go to beard papa's in irvine for real eclairsSpecial Features:
- Reminiscent of being in EuropeMomarDined on 5/21/2014The servers have those wonderful accents and one can practice their French on them and even maybe overhear the French speaking at the next table. The food was beautifully presented and delicious!
- GinnyDined on 5/14/2014Food was excellent.....very casual for casual ambianceSpecial Features:
- Very Laguna Beach TypeBipGDined on 5/11/2014I love mussels and this is a good place for that. The quantity and quality were both excellent. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic FoodLunchReviewDined on 5/10/2014The food was more authentic then I thought it would be. The service was great, even with it being very crowded. Our Waiter came around quite a bit. The croquettes were my favorite.Special Features:
- Great solid foodMerle123Dined on 5/3/2014Choose this restaurant on recommendation of a former employee and was not disappointed--food was great. You can see Thomas, the owner is very hands on and service was fast, efficient and perfectly timed. In Laguna? I would never hesitate to go to BB. PS: loved the fresh homemade bread.Special Features:
- Disappointed and Sad...TastyFaceVIPDined on 5/2/2014Was our local "go to" place for great food and a casual "euro bistro" vibe. Have given it many visits to smooth out, but there may be new management - past year (?) who do not seem to be bringing the touch & quality of before. Menu still wonderful, the same choices but taste is missing! Mussels, a favorite, were small, flavorless (meunière with garlic and cream that you should be able to smell the fragrance coming from the kitchen. ...Meh.) The Caesar Salad, a beauiful presentation in a lacey parmesan shell, lacked the oomph it needs in the dressing. By 10pm ALL tables had emptied and were moved for bar & dance scene. The two neighboringe restaurants still were 3/4 full and buzzzing on a Saurday night. Too bad, but will keep trying!Special Features: