Brunswick & Hunt
1480 NW 70th St
Seattle, WA 98107Neighborhood:
Ballard / Fremont
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Brunswick & Hunt
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brunswickandhunt.com/
- Phone: 2069461574x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Race Jones
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Brunswick & Hunt
Brunswick & Hunt offers a fresh seasonal approach to Pacific Northwest cuisine in a beautifully crafted intimate setting. A magnificent 1890's Brunswick Bar and impressive early 1900's original northwest landscape painting by RJ Bocense (The Hunt), as well as a completely open exhibition kitchen provide a visual counterpoint to our rustic take on the bounty of the Northwest. A classically inspired cocktail menu, impressive wine offerings (glass and bottle), and house made desserts offered with warmth by a professional staff, invite a leisurely approach to dining. Coming soon! Our new reserve wine list!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brunswick & Hunt reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)fit for foodies (18)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)romantic (5)good for groups (4)special occasion (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great neighborhood spotsoapstoneDined on 9/28/2014Ballard moving north is great for the Crown Hill neighborhood. This is a fine addition to the already great line up on 70th. The food, service and decor of this small restaurant are fabulous. Struck by the mixed reviews of the fried chicken, I had to order it. The problem is that the chicken is cooked sous vide before frying. The result is delicious, silky smooth and unusual by ordinary chicken cooking standards - its delicious, but not standard stringy chicken. Pork shank was a hit at our table. As was the duck confit. Great roasted carrots. Dessert - an apple crisp and a "cottage cake" with roasted pear were terrific. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotgro1Dined on 9/18/2014We had reservations for 5. They had set up a special table for us. The service was professional and friendly. The food was excellent and all five thought the food was great. Two of us had the chicken and we agreed it was the best in town. We will certainly return for more meals and I heartily recommend Brunswick & Hunt.Special Features:
- Friendly PlaceFoodie13Dined on 9/13/2014I don't recall dining at an establishment where every person who came by our table made us feel welcomed. We ordered a steak and a halibut dish. Both were prepared perfectly and the appropriate amount served. Dessert is a must so save room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful in every wayAlikelseaDined on 9/12/2014From the warm getting we received at the door to dessert and cognac, the experience was wonderful. The steakwas perfect, tender and cooked as ordered. The vegetable sides were excellent. I will recommend to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RosemaryDined on 9/10/2014Although the staff was gracious and quickly replaced our "blood red, underdone" chicken, it was upsetting to view the underdone entre! We did not paticularly like the honey coating on the chicken either The frites were deicious on the appetizer menu. We are unsure if we would ever return.Special Features:
- 2con2Dined on 9/10/2014The Fried Chicken was very undercooked,The Pate was only passable/blandSpecial Features:
- Comfort food as delicacyDKinSFDined on 9/6/2014Great experience. The food (I had fries with 2 dips to start, the pork cheeks, and the greens salad) were all satisfying in that confirm food way, but had such subtly of flavored I was compelled to savor every bite. My pre-dinner cocktail was perfectly balanced, and the server did an excellent job of pairing my meal with a Washington red. Entire staff was genuinely warm, welcoming, professional, and knowledgeable. I'm glad we came!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed BagsuzellaVIPDined on 8/21/2014Charming neighborhood find. Excellent service. But...dining choices were fairly limited and overpriced and small portions for a neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food, service and ambianceFood5CriticVIPDined on 8/20/2014What a great neighborhood bistro! The ambiance is great - beautiful artwork, comfortable seating. The service is friendly and prompt. The wine is good. The salmon was so fresh and served with a beautiful mushroom. Keep up the good work!!
- Brunswick & HuntDonnaDined on 8/16/2014Very nice new restaurant. The decor was beautiful and waiter was able to answer questions about the bar and paintings that are over 100 years old. The food was outstanding. For being open a very short time, they had it together very nicely. They provide a bar where you can eat and watch the chefs prepare your food which we would like to do next time. I love the beet salad that is prepared in an individual cast iron dish heated with blue cheese crumbles and roasted cashews. Yum! Parking is a bit of a challenge but that was to be expected in a neighborhood restaurant. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Not fried chickenCharlieDined on 8/16/2014I ordered the fried chicken. Whe it was served it looked beautiful. Unfortunately it was not so on the inside. If you brine AND sous vide chicken the texture gets very mushy and gross as does the skin and the coating cannot stay on the meat. The texture was off putting and I could not get past how red it was as well. The presentation was also bad because they stacked up 2 huge pieces and hid the sides underneath. I had to get an extra plate to move 1 piece off so I could actually eat the sides. The sides were ok. I went home hungry. The service was amazing and the staff was great. Too bad the food did not match.
- Crown Hill GemfoodisfunDined on 8/13/2014Tucked away on Crown Hill's hottest street, home to Honore, Delancey, Fat Hen and Essex; Brunswick and Hunt is knocking it out of the park. Centered around a restored Brunswick Bar the restaurant hits the spot for meeting friends, late night dinners, a quick snack or that always challenging, "where should I go alone" question! Once you've been seated, start with any of the Penn Cove items...you won't be disappointed. Add to that a delicious beet carpaccio and the fingerling pomme frittes and you are practically there! For dinner, the scallops are a home run....and the filet is scrumptious! The wine list is just right...let the staff choose! I will definitely be making Brunswick a reqular stop and can't wait to finally have room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014The steak and brussels sprouts were delicious! The service was amazing. This is a great neighborhood find!Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Brunswick & Hunt reviews archive.