Bruno's Italian Bistro
2223 South Monaco Parkway
Denver, CO 80222Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bruno's Italian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mybrunos.com/
- Phone: 3037597025x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Nick
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Small tray serves 6 - 8 people, Large tray serves 12 - 15 people
- Private Party Facilities: Yor choice to reserve high or lower floor
- Private Party Contact: Nick 3037597025x
A word from Bruno's Italian Bistro
We believe Bruno's Italian Bistro, could be just the thing you're looking for, offers a enjoyable meal from our pizzas to our caesar salad, pasta dishes, choice of chicken, seafood or steak. Please relax with your choice of a bottle of selected wine, chilled beer or a cocktail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Bruno's Italian Bistro - Best Restaurants in Cherry Creek ›
Bruno's Italian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (14)romantic (10)good for groups (6)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Worth the drive from downtownwoof19Dined on 10/18/2014We were in town for the Rock n Roll Denver half marathon and I wanted to find a place that was a little off the beaten path for our pre-race pasta dinner. I actually searched "hidden gems Italian" when Bruno's came up. The menu read like an authentic Italian eatery and it was a short drive out. The fellow who seated us asked if we had the Open Table reservation and was very courteous as was the entire wait staff. We had a party of 5 and ended up sharing ALL 6 appetizers on the menu. Every one of them was excellent. We ordered the shrimp scampi, carbonara, spinach ravioli (all completely devoured) and a pizza margarita (slightly more cheese than expected, but still good). I would go back the next time we are in town!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemBROSEDined on 10/11/2014Bruno's Italian Bistro is a true neighborhood gem! When you walk into Bruno's you are immediately welcomed as family. The service is impeccable. Your drink glass's are full and the music is always festive. The menu is full of tasty options for all. This includes gluten free pasta's. Nick has a way to bring seafood and pasta together that makes your mouth sing with joy. We can't get enough of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PLR08VIPDined on 10/6/2014Stopped by on a Monday night. Unexpectedly busy night and only one server--who was very apologetic for the delay we experienced. Decided not to have an appetizer to lessen the delay but greatly enjoyed our Eggplant Parmigiana (one of the best we've had) and the special chicken & sausage on penne pasta in creamy marinara sauce). Will definitely return.Special Features:
- always greatFjc9VIPDined on 10/6/2014This is our favorite neighborhood restaurant. It is consistently great food and service. It's one of the few restaurants were we can hear the conversation with our guest, a real plus.Special Features:
- Love this placeT2016VIPDined on 9/26/2014This is one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. Food is wonderful and the service is always the best. I've been going here for years and have never had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian RestaurantgreatexperienceDined on 9/20/2014Our group of eight were there to celebrate a family dinner. It was the perfect spot. All of us enjoyed our meals. The service was fantastic and place was not blarring with noise or t.v. sports so we could visit with out screaming at each other. It was overall a very pleasant evening and we were glad we picked Brunos. We had to move our reservations out and they were very accomodating. (our two granddaughters loved their Shirley Temples packed with cherries.Special Features:
- Bruno's ALWAYS get's it right!gabruceVIPDined on 9/13/2014Brought two friends who were new to Bruno's...they absolutely loved it!! Impeccable food, wine and service! Nuff said!Special Features:
- Fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Great service. Fun servers. We did a company dinner here for 10. We all arrived at different times but the service followed us promptly and the food was magnificent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SAMCDined on 9/1/2014Some of the entrees ordered were very good and others were just okay. However, almost all of us would return to the restaurant again.Special Features:
- ITALIAN!cantbeatbrunosDined on 8/28/2014Love Italain food and Bruno's was a huge find, thanks to our friends recommendation. Loved the picatta sauce! We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodJoyceVIPDined on 8/16/2014The entrees are well prepared and flavorful. The owner/chef does a great job.Special Features:
- ExcellentpurplewindexDined on 8/10/2014Surprisingly amazing. Don't let the strip mall outside appearance fool you - this place has amazing Italian food! The lasagna was some of the best I've ever had, and I cannot wait to return!
- Bruno's - That's Amore!StillWorkingOnItDined on 8/9/2014I had read great reviews of this local Italian bistro and turns out everyone was right. Bruno's is awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed their linguine with clams and mussels in a white wine sauce. The mussels were cooked just right (not stringy) and were not super tiny like you get at some places. My husband devoured their eggplant parmigiana. Their Italian cosmos were super yummy - I had two rounds. And the service was excellent. Our server was attentive but not interruptive and the owner came around to our table a couple times to ensure our gustatory needs were being met. The only negative is the location - you're surrounded by places like The Dollar Store and Wal-Mart. But the restaurant itself - that's amore! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below my expectationsMickeydinerDined on 8/6/2014My husband and I decided to go to Bruno's for date night, remembering past great dining experiences. Alas, the experience was not great, and, although the service was fine, the food was just fair. In fact, the veal Marsala - tasted like veal without Marsala (wine) sauce. I could barely taste a hint of Marsala. The Tiramisu, on the other hand, was spectacularly good. Probably the best we have ever had. It was the sole redeeming feature of an otherwise bland, unexceptional meal.
- Great Bistro in the hoodNotAFoodieDined on 8/1/2014This favorite of ours is always good, always pleasant and relaxing. Great food...try the Osso Buco!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemDenverGalVIPDined on 7/28/2014You might not guess this is an amazing restuarant, given its stripmall location, be it's by far our favorite Italian restaurant! We've been there many times and always have outstanding meals. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food and ServiceCynWellDined on 7/24/2014I've been enjoying Bruno's for many years. The food is fabulous and the service is excellent. Nick, the owner and head chef goes out of his way to make everyone's experience a good one. He truly cares about his customers and it shows.Special Features:
- queenbeeVIPDined on 7/23/2014Bruno's remains one four favorite restaurants. Nick does a great job, he is a master with sea food. We had a guest from out of town and she loves it two. Very quiet restaurant, good wine, good food. Go there. Veru fair priced, good value.Special Features:
- favorite neighborhood restaurantT2016VIPDined on 7/22/2014We have been going to Bruno's for years. Great little neighborhood place. Have never had a bad meal and the service is always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewerDined on 7/18/2014A good local place with good food. Delicate sauces instead of the heavy-handed approach in some Italian restaurants.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/17/2014Bruno's is consistently good...we go for dinner pretty regularly and will continue. The wait staff is always professional and friendly and the owner always takes the the time to come out and chat which is appreciated ....last but not least the food is great!Special Features:
- Very good overall experienceEatacrosstownDined on 6/25/2014The food, ambiance and service were all very good. Had the veal marsala and my wife had a shrimp dish. Everything was cooked appropriately and was tasty. The shrimp were fresh and not overcooked. The service was attentive without being overbearing. The ambiance was low key and quiet. Would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- The following 210 reviews are from the Bruno's Italian Bistro reviews archive.
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2014We really enjoy Bruno's. It's so nice to have a good, relaxing meal in a gracious space where you can actually have a conversation with each other without shouting. The food is good; the service efficient and gracious; the ambiance very warm and pleasant. The prices are also reasonable as well. It is in a strip mall setting, but once you are in the door, Bruno's provides a very pleasant experience. We had our anniversary dinner there last week, but have eaten there several times over the last year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- queenbeeVIPDined on 6/18/2014Nick is an outstanding chef, and my wife pronounces him the best at any seafood, and particularly seafood specials. It is an Italian bistro with lots of other options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Staff is very attentive and goes the extra mile to create a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, excellent serviceDaveVIPDined on 5/31/2014This is what dining out should be. The food was excellent as was their service. Reasonably priced menu that INCLUDED salad, versus everything being extra. Was very enjoyable. Definitely found a new go-to place. Had the saltimboca and gnocchi. Like my grandma made. Very authentic. Hats off to the chef and owner for a job well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great People at Bruno's!gabruceVIPDined on 5/30/2014Nick did something most restaurateurs never want to do...help someone leave his restaurant. My 88 year old mother-in-law had just returned to CO from sea-level and we took her to dinner at Bruno's to celebrate. She wasn't feeling good at the beginning, but became more ill as we ordered our meals (her health is not the greatest). We decided we needed to go without eating and take her to the hospital. The entire staff was very helpful and understanding...they even packed our meals to go! We stopped at home, thinking a little oxygen might be in order, and stored the food. When we got home at 1:30 am my wife and I sat and enjoyed our wonderful meals! p.s. Mom came home 3 days later, doing fine. Thanks Nick and staff! You are the best!!Special Features:
- NightouttellitlikeitisDined on 5/11/2014Outstanding food. Fish and steak were great along with the soup and salad. Continue to go for important outings with family and friends and don't get disappointed.Special Features:
- MealDWP1VIPDined on 5/9/2014It was really good!! The staff was really attentiveSpecial Features:
- Nice Local SpotKLPHILLIPSDined on 5/8/2014I had not been to Bruno's in 7 or 8 years, and had forgotten how much I like this place. It is a quite a few miles away, and there are equivalent restaurants around my home, but if you are ever in SE Denver, and want to try a different restaurant, Bruno's is worthy of your consideration. The really good.... Service was outstanding. The wait staff was available and helpful. At no time did we feel like we were being rushed. The good.... Food was above average. Portions were adequate for the price point. Sauces had nice flavors and everything was cooked properly The not quite so good. Limited, and relatively expensive (based on the quality) wine list. I would have expected more varied Italian choices, at more representative pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemProeatsVIPDined on 5/3/2014Bruno's had great food and great service too bad it's in a strip mall, they would increase their business if in a better location, but good pasta, wine and breadI would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodBradDined on 4/26/2014Nice, quiet place with very good food, portions are large.Special Features:
- Great Food!happy2dineVIPDined on 4/13/2014Always have a great meal at Bruno's. The food is wonderful and the staff is very attentive. Great neighborhood find.Special Features:
- brunosdaveDined on 4/10/2014This is one of the best places I have been to in Denver. Great food, great service. A changing menu of specials that are always excellent. A hidden gem in a strip mall. as soon as you step in to brunos there is a whole change in ambience.Special Features:
- Bravo, Bruno's!CityChick9Dined on 4/5/2014We Bruno's when my brother came in for a weekend visit to visit his new online friend. He's from Chicago (home of some of the best Italian restaurants in the country), and he was floored by the choices available at such a hidden spot. Having been a wine salesman, he was blown away by the wine list, and the knowledge of our server. Very generous portions: we all took home lunch for the next day. A real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodSamiDined on 4/5/2014This was my first time to Bruno's and the food was great. The pollenta appetizer was amazing. I shared eggplant parmisan and a fetticune with lobster and shrimp. Bother were very good. It's hard to find really good Italian food in the Denver metro area and Bruno's is well worth the visit.Special Features:
- Awesome FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2014This place has never let me down. The food is always awesome. I try something new every time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food. ExceededCrusaderVIPDined on 3/22/2014Really good food. Exceeded expectations for a "strip mall" restaurant! Kudos to the entire staff.Special Features:
- Italian Comfort FoodOccasionalDinerDined on 3/14/2014We decided to eat out at the last minute on a Saturday night and Bruno's was able to accommodate us. A friend had recommended this restaurant and we're happy we tried it. The portions were large and service was great. I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs and my wife ordered the pork shank, both were delicious! We had a few special requests and they were happily created. There is plenty of parking too which makes it a breeze to get to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is the closestJamesDined on 3/2/2014This restaurant is the closest thing you'll find to a neighborhood restaurant in Italy that I've seen in Denver. Absolutely wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.