6001 Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232-7425Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brunello-trattoria.com/
- Phone: (310) 280-3856
- Hours of Operation:
Mon 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Tue 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Wed 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Thu 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Fri 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Sat 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Sun 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Cinzia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Brunello catering can now bring our fine foods of Southern Italy to your home, office, park or any other special occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: Join us for your business meetings, birthdays, family reunions, and other special occasions in our private room. We can set up a pre-fixed menu or your party can order a la carte.
- Private Party Contact: Bruno 3102803856x
- Special Events: May deal!
Come in Wednesday nights and receive 30% off any bottle of wine from our full wine list.
Come in Tuesday and Thursday nights and enjoy a 3 course menu for only $25 per person!
Call the restaurant for details or find the menu on our Facebook!
A word from Brunello Trattoria
The married team of Cinzia and Bruno Morra came to the United States in 1985 with the intention to share their culture with Los Angeles. Today,the family opened up Brunello Trattoria and expands their empire to the eastern edge of Culver City to turn out solid southern Italian food. Cinzia, the chef, manages the kitchen and prepares fresh pasta sauces that are made to order and Bruno and son, Daniele run the dining room. Pictures of Naples give the restaurant a traditional feel, while the central bar offers a social dining option. Come in and join us for lunch or dinner to meet the family and experience real homemade Italian food!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brunello Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (12)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (6)special occasion (5)romantic (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Delightful DiningLynneDined on 11/10/2014This is the second time my friend and I have dined at Brunello Trattoria and we were not disappointed. Although we were a bit surprised by their Monday Dinner Menu (no pasta), there were many delicious choices. Service was outstanding and we are looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Pre-opening dinnerHarlequin88Dined on 11/8/2014Located in the gallery district, this restaurant is perfect for a pre-opening dinner. Everything about it was top notch.Special Features:
- SandieVIPDined on 11/8/2014Loved Daniel and his staff. Service was awesome and food was excellent! I will be back very soon.Special Features:
- neighborhood findLCdinerVIPDined on 10/30/2014My daughter goes to school near Brunello Trattoria, so we are often looking for good restaurants nearby. First of all the service was excellent. Just enough attention, but no too much. The food was good, and very fairly priced. Also, on Tuesdays and Thursdays there is a prix fix dinner with good choices, and good value. We will return.Special Features:
- Good meal. Restaurant could shine.FateoptionalVIPDined on 10/11/2014A good meal at Brunello: the lobster pasta was well cooked and nicely seasoned (though could have more spice). Spaghetti and meatballs were also hearty, though pasta was over-cooked. The litany of "specials" (over 5 in one night) was overkill -- when there are so many you wonder how special they are. It was our second meal at the restaurant, the first being unmemorable. We come away the second time with the impression of a restaurant we would go to if we didn't want to drive far, but that if we were looking for particularly nice dining, or atmosphere, we would go elsewhere. It's a neighborhood place, for sure, and one of the few offerings in the immediate area that isn't fast food. A little "makeover" in the dining room would do wonders.Special Features:
- loveslaloveslaVIPDined on 9/25/2014They tried hard, but the food was terrible. I ordered manicotti stuffed with ricotta and spinach. The sauce was a horrible looking marinara(?). The manicotti had absolutely no taste whatsoever. I tried salt, parmesan cheese, pepper. Nothing helped. What a waste of money. My partner had pizza, which was so-so. Ravioli was good, said my other friend. The server was very nice but she tried to hard--every time we turned around, there she was--asking us if everything was ok. Very nice people, but I would not go back.
- Late night dinnerericaraevDined on 9/17/2014Food was delicious. A great variety of food and wine. Service was good. Restaurant was quiet, as it was an 8pm dinner on a Wednesday.Special Features:
- Always Wonderful!PerfectDined on 8/30/2014We popped in for a light meal after a football game. We chose the Grilled Calamari with mixed greens and tomatoes with a Quattro Stagioni pizza. The Calamari knocked our socks off. We had grilled octopus several times in the Mediterranean but this was our first grilled calamari. Grilling made it so much more flavorful. And we loved the four flavors on our pizza. Their crust didn't disappoint but we had high expectations because of their terrific bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN, MODERN ITALIAN RESTElayne123VIPDined on 8/30/2014We instantly liked the vibe when we walked in - it's clean with modern touches. It's a little loud inside so it was a challenge carrying on a conversation. We enjoyed most of our meal selections - The vegetarian lasagna was good but heavy on the sauce. Loved the thin crust pizza and the calamari salad. The servers were nice but rushed so had to ask for some things twice (parm cheese, water, etc). We don't live in the area but if we did we would definitely go back again very soon.Special Features:
- Really goodLAfoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014The food is excellent and authentic. Service was outstanding. If they offer the carbonara you must get it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/24/2014Ate here with friends recently, and really enjoyed the food. It's wonderfully simple Italian food. Nothing fancy, just good pastas, pizzas, fish, etc. I am an Italian food snob, and I was very happy with my meal.Special Features:
- good food !happygreekgirlDined on 8/15/2014everything was delicious and we will be back ......salad with octopus..risotto with leeks and salmon and vegetarian lasagna all were all seasoned well..not salty..the lemon/pine nut tart was a great was to end the meal !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for reasonable pricesNeisser4Dined on 8/11/2014Good Italian restaurant where you can actually have a conversation. Pleasant environment and very reasonably priced. I will definitely go back and recommend it to friends. They have a limited menu (no pasta) on Monday nights, but my guest and I were very happy with our choicesSpecial Features:
- Perfect Lunch Spot in Culver CityRamdarDined on 8/11/2014Just a bit East on Washington, away from the hustle and bustle of the main drags in Culver City, sits Brunello Trattoria. I was searching for a peaceful spot for a business lunch, but with great food and a friendly atmosphere. This was it, and I and my colleagues were not disappointed. The service is quick and cordial, the food outstanding (I could not resist their warm bread - despite my efforts to hold to my "no bread" before meals policy), and the ambiance was just perfect for business (pleasantly busy, but neither bustling nor noisy). Their specials were outstanding, especially the grilled swordfish and pasta with bolognese sauce.Special Features:
- GirlsGirlsDined on 8/2/2014Food good. Service good. Not too expensive. A bit chilly with the air conditioning on but their back room was stuffy.Special Features:
- Over sea's visitorFood4thoughtDined on 7/31/2014Having family in L A , we are.always looking for good restaurant 's .Brunello's fits the bill perfectly ! Great food, great service . What more can you ask ? We will be back !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentPerfectDined on 7/25/2014We found this family-owned and run Italian restaurant a few years ago when we were looking for someplace for dinner near the Metro Rail Station after a USC football game. We always get wonderful service and delicious meals so we keep going back. It's definitely a neighborhood gem in a quiet location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 163 reviews are from the Brunello Trattoria reviews archive.
- Good DineLA FindOpenTableReviewsDined on 7/20/2014The place didn't have parking, which caught us off guard but we found good spots near the restaurant. The reservation was for 6 people, and they were very accommodating to our needs. For the DineLA menu, two of us asked for a slight change and they agreed to it, which is was nice. However, our vegetarian friend had to reorder because his plate came with meat by accident. They remade his meal really fast though. A few of the dishes were a bit salty. The waiters were very friendly and nice. Overall, a pretty good experience, would try it out for a non - DineLA night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scamorza!CCfoodiemomDined on 7/19/2014Just - wow - so delicious. A great meal with excellent service!Special Features:
- Delightful surprisePlainjaneVIPDined on 7/18/2014Food was definitely creative and delicious. Baked mozzarella had a smoky taste. Stuffed chicken had a light mustard sauce. Could not leave one bite behind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodJC1234Dined on 7/15/2014Food was very delicious! Was here for DineLA and all of the courses were good. Restaurant is rather noisy though.Special Features:
- Wish I lived in the neighborhood!BragigirlVIPDined on 7/12/2014Thoroughly enjoyed this little gem in Culver City. Try it!Special Features:
- neighborhood gem!TaToSDined on 7/7/2014Bread was AWESOME!! First visit was on Monday and menu was limited. Still enjoyed the food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- IH07VIPDined on 7/5/2014Excellent neighborhood restaurant. Moderately priced with very good food especially the pasta dishes. Service was attentive and friendly. Great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ItalianGordonDined on 7/5/2014We were seated at a cozy booth and served a freshly baked loaf of bread, still hot from the oven. My friend wanted something light so she ordered a dinner salad. It had a nice variety of very fresh ingredients and a tasty oil and vinegar dressing. I had a caesar salad with anchovies. The romaine lettuce was very fresh and crisp and it had ample dressing. I had pollo limone for my entree. It consisted of several slices of chicken breast in a lemon sauce, with capers, spinach, and roasted potatoes. It was thoroughly enjoyable. A glass of chianti complemented the meal very well. We shared an espresso gelato covered in chocolate. It was all outstanding, and the check was very reasonable. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!CalbchbumDined on 6/22/2014I was pleased with the menu & specials of the day! After eating the complementary bread I wished I had ordered a pizza. I guess that will be on our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opinion of BRUNELLOSMARIANUSKJADined on 6/16/2014I THOUGHT THE CHICKEN PARMAGIAN WAS DELICIOUS, THE VEGGIES TOO. THE CHOPPED SALAD NOT GREAT AS IT HAD LOTS OF LETTUCE AND NOT ENOUGH SALAMI, AND OTHER GOODIES. i WAS NOT HAPPY WITH THAT ONE. THE lASAGNA WAS GOOD. THE WINE OKAY. TOO BAD NO HARD LIQUOR WHICH MY FRIENDS WANTED ... ASLO NO LIMES>>>>>. UNUSUAL... THANKS.. MARIAN KNOXSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time great place.RiCaDined on 6/10/2014I have been eating here, sometimes several times a week, The has been consistently good with just as consistantly good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunello's is a favorite spotEmpressDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I go to Brunello's quite often with or without other couples. Food is very good and not expensive. Sorry, I'm not a reviewer that's it in a nutshell. Should be enough if you are looking for a nice neighborhood spot. We live in West Hollywood and find the drive down there very easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place For DinnerlovedeliciousfoodDined on 6/1/2014This is a nice neighborhood restaurant with very attentive staff and pretty good food - not over the top delicious but also not over the top expensive. If you order salad be sure to split it or have it as an entree - they're huge. I had the one with pears and it was delicious but way too big before my really nice pasta with prawns. We'll be back - it was nice, convenient and parking was a breeze [but we were there on a Sunday night].Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014First dining experience at Brunello and we were very satisfied...food, service & ambiance were great!Special Features:
- Familydiner.FamilydinerDined on 5/30/2014Perfect for a business lunch. Second visit was as good as the first.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2014A nice low-key family owned restaurant with excellent food choices with good food and service. Overall and enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table ClothSchtorkDined on 5/22/2014There is a TV above the the bar that is in the center of the restaurant and it is on but music is playing and the waiters are attentive, the food presentation is formal as are the cloth napkins and clean white paper on top of the white tablecloth. The remodel done a couple years ago still looks nice. My wife and I like the Italian food here. It is upscale and pricier than our typical hole-in-the-wall favorite Italian place but it is worth it once in awhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantOnceaweekdateDined on 5/22/2014Food excellent. Service really good but not overly so. Not hovering over your table.Special Features:
- good italian food close to homeBGTGVIPDined on 5/17/2014A great neighborhood gem, with quality italian food and great service. You can't beat that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and friendlyGoddessofWineDined on 5/3/2014Great find. Moderately priced, comfortable, friendly. Good traditional Italian food, well-priced wine list. Excellent service. It wasn't too busy the night we were there, and we sat for a longer time than we would have if they had needed to turn the table. Never felt rushed or ignored. I would definitely go back. Only quibble is the parking - which is neighborhood or metered. No lot or valet. Still, not a big deal overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingExperiencedEaterVIPDined on 4/22/2014The food overall was bland. The salads tasted fresh but needed more flavor. My pasta alla norma was a bit gummy, and really had very little flavor. I think they need to use more salt and/or get more creative/aggressive with herbs.
- EVERYTHING WAS GREAT AS USUAL!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014EVERYTHING WAS GREAT AS USUAL!!! SERVICE WAS GREAT TOO!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing House Made BreadOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/8/2014Always a great pleasure to dine at this wonderful restaurant. Never a false note…...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.