644 North Orleans
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brunchit.com/
- Phone: 3122651411
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast, Brunch & Lunch: Monday - Friday: 7:00am-3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: 10 person board room with full Audio Video capabilities linked to 52" flat screen.
- Private Party Contact: Steven Zabel 3122651411
A word from Brunch
BRUNCH restaurant is your favorite breakfast and lunch spot. Nestled in River North we serve up delectable such as S'mores French Toast, California Club, Red Velvet Pancakes and an array of Skillets. Proudly serving Intellegentsia Coffee our Baristas whip up your favorite coffee drinks. Juices are fresh squeezed daily. Enjoy counter seating or anyone of our comfortable booths or tables. A friendly server will be right over to make your Brunch as enjoyable as possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Brunch reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (65)kid-friendly (31)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (19)fit for foodies (13)hot spot (4)special occasion (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- LOVE IT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This was my first time having brunch at Brunch. The food was terrific, the staff was so friendly and overall amazing. I have found my new hotspot.Special Features:
- Nice Community RestuarantmorepleaseDined on 9/13/2014Nice restaurant in a very vibrant neighborhood. Good breakfast and brunch selectionSpecial Features:
- Great service great foodMrsMDined on 9/7/2014Went there for my birthday brunch and initially had a reservation of 6 that turned into 15... they gladly accommodated and we had a great time. Great food and great service, I will be sure to return for future birthday brunches!Special Features:
- Solid choicebanditaVIPDined on 9/7/2014Good neighborhood place, with moderate prices. The place was packed by the time we left. Perhaps as a result, service was so-so - we had to flag down servers to get a missing plate, the check, etc. But we weren't in a rush and the staff was pleasant. Food was good, decent variety and not greasy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Service but Good ExperiencegeezyDined on 9/6/2014Service here was a bit off and on as they brought out our food incorrectly, and were a little sporadic in their attention, but the overall food experience was good. Was slightly underwhelmed by the donut french toast, as there wasn't much to it, but the omelette was good and properly perpared. Overall Good Experience.Special Features:
- BrunchChifoodloverDined on 8/18/2014Great lil spot with good food and drinks. Lived the look of the place and the staff was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Mousetrap!SpikelawVIPDined on 8/17/2014WE arrived at BRUNCH at 10am on a weekend and got a table.....by 11am the place was slammed with a line out the door! After dining it was clear why, the food is higher and quality and more unique than the average Chicago brunch options. The atmosphere is pleasant as was our server, but the reason to come to BRUNCH is for the food! My only complaint, and its a small issues, was thatI wish the place was a tad cleaner. The silverware had soap spots on them and our table needed wiping down when we arrived.Special Features:
- What happened???yeyeyeVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I used to go to Brunch quite often. Food and Service were always good. We went back there last weekend after not being there for a couple of months. I am not sure what changed, but it was an awful experience. The menu changed for the worse. Took out some of my favorite dishes, and added some stuff that I would never order. The service was incredibly slow and erratic, and the place was not even that crowded. It was a terrible experience overall. Too bad. It used to be one of my favorite breakfast spots. I don't think I can go back there again.
- Highly recommend.SuzyQVIPDined on 8/9/2014Customer service is always a big deal. Brunch met my expectations. The traditional eggs benedict and Intelligentsia rubbed steak were both delicious. Great coffee, delicious mimosas, and a friendly server are a huge bonus! I will definitely return to Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but SLOWWWWWWKLZADined on 8/3/2014We made a reservation for brunch on Sun, and were seated right away. The servers were very nice, but the food took almost an HOUR to arrive after ordering. Fortunately, when it did, it was delicious (and still warm). However, I still likely won't return, because after eating, paying, etc, it took up our whole afternoon. I also heard someone at the table next to us complain to the manager that, "it's like this every time."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oversolicited and UndercookedvbresdVIPDined on 8/3/2014Sunday brunch should be leisurely. We wanted to pace our brunch a little bit more than they wanted us to. But when we finally did order and got our food, the corn beef hash was undercooked. It seems like it wasn't cooked at all. Corn beef hash can look like dog food, admittedly, unless you cook it right. I could have done that. The rest of the table had mediocre food, as well. It definitely wasn't anything special. I wouldn't recommend this one.
- Worth a tripDan701Dined on 8/3/2014We were visiting from out of town and happened to see "Brunch" advertised on some literature at our hotel. Anyway, it was an early Sunday morning when we went. They were not very busy at that time...which was great. The food was quick to come to the table. We tried the pancake sampler for a brunch appetizer. The red velvet pancakes are good. I had the smoke salmon bennys....eggs benedict with smoked salmon. It was good, too. Overall, the food is good but nothing to write home about. I really thought it might be some really different...but it wasn't. I did enjoy the atmosphere...retro look in an old building. Like I said in my subject line...worth a trip. AND...our waitress was excellent...attentive but not hovering and intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- take a passexpectgoodfoodVIPDined on 7/26/2014if you are into white flour and grease and loud mornings this is the place for you. if not, take a pass - there is nothing special here.
- Yummy BrunchcatloverVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great spot for brunch in the city. It was a cute restaurant with great food. Any place with Intelligentsia coffee is a good place to me.Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceChicagoGirlDined on 7/26/2014I would definitely go back to Brunch. Next time I'll ask for the check very well in advance because it took the waiter a long time to bring it and then another long wait to bring us the change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceesmamraDined on 7/25/2014Overall I loved my experience at brunch. We were sat right away and the food was delicious. Great location!Special Features:
- Waited an hour for food to come.marathonmanDined on 7/20/2014While the food here is good, the service is just terrible. Waited 15 minutes for drinks to show up, an hour for food and we didn't order anything complicated. Waiter eventually made the excuse that the "kitchen crashed." Not sure what that meant but I would never return. Soup came out same time as main course but we were so hungry at that point it didn't matter.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/20/2014Service was great! Yani rocks! We shared the French toast bites as an appetizers - what a great idea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!NicoleDined on 7/13/2014Went to brunch here with my boyfriend and parents and we loved it. I did not personally get the potatoes, but both parents and my boyfriend absolutely loved them. The blueberry muffin tops were DELICIOUS. would have just been happy ordering those as my whole meal. Also very accommodating service- I asked for my eggs to be cooked with spray rather than butter/oil, and my server was more than happy to make sure I got a healthy meal. I love the menu options: classic breakfast options we're all familiar with, but also interesting twists like the red velvet pancakes and s'mores pancakes. :)Special Features:
- WellThymedDined on 7/13/2014Perfect casual brunch spot for the last day of our mother-daughter ladies weekend. Fun, something for every palette, super friendly service. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DougVIPDined on 7/12/2014Fun location, fun atmosphere but food was rather bland.
- Good Food and Service.mblkblcblDined on 7/12/2014Good food and service. Great place for brunch.....not a lot of ambiance however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would go back!MoeP06Dined on 7/5/2014Great service..hostess was very nice and pleasant..food was really good.Special Features:
- BreakfastGibsonsDined on 7/4/2014Food was great.. Took a little longer than expected to receive food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boozy brunch choice!SaraLouiseDined on 6/29/2014We happened upon this place cause we googled "brunch in Chicago" and this was the first result. The food was amazing, the drinks were spectacular (new favorite Bloody Mary, hands down). Couldn't complain about anything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meshelDined on 6/28/2014Everything i had was good, it was a bit weird that staff changed during our time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Went in at 1pm on Saturday and the place was not crowded. Order a salmon eggs benedict and an appetizer. The benedict came out first. The waiter was no where to be found until I am half through with the benedict. He asks did I get the appetizer and when I responded "no" and that I didn't want it anymore because it took too long, he looked confused. Why would I want the app after I have my meal. My benedict was also very disappointing. Barely warm, but at this point I am just so hungry I eat it, plus I could complain because the waiter never returns. I have to ask a different waitress to bring my bill after waiting almost 10 minutes after I am done eating. Bad experience all around. I definitely would not return.
- Father's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2014We arrived for our reservation early and were told we could not be seated until our reservation time. However, we noticed a bunch of people walking in without reservations and getting seated right away. When we finally walked back to the dining area, about half of the tables were empty. We were a group of 4 and there were plenty of tables for 2 that could have been moved together. Once we were seated, our waiter was great. He took our orders promptly and checked on how we were doing at nice intervals. The food was great as evidenced by the 4 empty plates at the end of our meal.Special Features:
- EhcatdogVIPDined on 6/8/2014Food was better than average. Wait staff slow even though fairly empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedAtelierTeeeVIPDined on 6/1/2014We came to Brunch for a wedding anniversary. We were seated late. It took a while for our server to come to the table. Forty minutes after we ordered our server told us, in passing, "Only four tickets ahead of you." The food was ordinary, at best, and presented in the most mundane way. My smoked salmon was the worst I've ever been served in a restaurant; it was an unappealing heap of scraps and morsels insufficient to cover the accompanying bagel. I ordered the bagel toasted, but it had been thrown on the grill to put stripes on it so most of it was mushy and doughy. The appetizer I ordered was served with the entrees. Brunch is not ready for prime time.
- Inexpensive find for river northReviewer23Dined on 6/1/2014Great food selection for adventurous and picky eaters and the price is right. Staff are super friendly too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Ceilings, Loud EchoesEverydayFoodieDined on 5/25/2014Chose Brunch for brunch b/c of its proximity to our Sunday service at the Midwest Buddhist Temple in Old Town. The Brunch Website features inviting photos - warm woods, an interesting menu (grilled blueberry muffin tops), and it accepts reservations online. Unfortunately the place was an echo chamber with voices bouncing around our booth. Made it difficult to hold a conversation. Food was OK. One of my companions called it a "workout." Large bulky portions. Coffee tasted rusty. I ordered the pork benedict - expected spicy, got bland. The atmosphere was lively with an eclectic crowd. Food didn't wow me, though.Special Features:
- Great MenuAnnLampDined on 5/25/2014There are so many wonderful sounding things on the menu, it was really hard to choose. It's hard to find a place that will poach an egg these days, and they did it well at Brunch. Mine could have been a little warmer, but it didn't stop me from enjoying it.Special Features:
- The following 16 reviews are from the Brunch reviews archive.
- Brunch is NiceSodexDined on 5/18/2014Good selection of well-prepared brunch items. Unfortunately, had a reservation and had to wait for longer than expected.Special Features:
- LJMMVIPDined on 5/18/2014Great warehouse venue with a good vibe on a Sunday morning.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014It was a cluster from the reservation, seating and then the service. The hostess had no ideas what to do we showed up early for our reservation 15 min ( per there recommendation) then a walk-in came in for the same amount of people as us and as we were waiting yep they were seated first. When asked about this the hostess looked astonished that I even asked. After we finally got a table the server came and took our order fairly quickly but the food took over 40 min to come to us. We had two toddlers and it was a Mother's Day meal, needless to say it wasn't very enjoyable. No will not be re ommending this one again.Special Features:
- Good breakfastZoeyDined on 5/11/2014I would rate the food as very good - everyone enjoyed their breakfasts from omelets to skillets - we would return for breakfast and/or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodMTC1Dined on 5/11/2014It was great for Mothers' Day Brunch. Food was good and the servers were friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Last year, I was recommended on the place by a friend. I brought my mother for brunch and you had the buffet and it was delicious. We were expecting the same this year and was a bit disappointed that was not the case but the food was still good so we quickly got over that. It turns out I spent less this year than last year anyway. Although we would not be opposed to attending the buffet again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, but took awhileSaraDined on 5/11/2014They had some unique food items and generally everything we had at our table tasted good (chi-town skillet, pancake trio, power breakfast, smoked salmon benedict). However, I think the kitchen had some issues with timing, or maybe forgot some orders which caused some of our food to be cold and took a long time to receive (~45 min), even for the pancake trio which we ordered as an appetizer (came out with rest of our food instead). I understand it was mother's day and maybe a little busier than they normally are, but the restaurant wasn't full so they couldn't have been that overwhelmed. I will try it out one more time, hoping that they were just having an off day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.