Bru Grill and Market
23730 El Toro Rd
Lake Forest, CA 92630Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bru Grill and Market
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brugrill.com/
- Phone: (949) 305-5757
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Tuesday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Wednesday & Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 9:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Ülises Navarette & Chef Francisco Crüz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full event catering for information email email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We have multiple options for private groups of up to 300! See www.brugrill.com for a brief video on our private event incredible skills!
- Private Party Contact: Events Coordinator 9493055757
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights. See www.brugrill.com events calendar for details.
A word from Bru Grill and Market
We serve the best farm to table Eats, craft brews, and boutique wines. From our phenomenal Happy Hour to our Brü Burger, Salads, Flatbreads, Wild Caught Seafood and Amazing Steaks... you will love Brü! "America's Top 250 Restaurants" Save the World. Eat. Brü. Crü. Proudly serving The OC, CA. Orange County, California · brugrill.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bru Grill and Market reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (38)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (30)vibrant bar scene (25)great for lunch (21)special occasion (20)hot spot (16)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (14)romantic (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)Show More
- Great Happy Hour on a Sunday evening.Oski65VIPDined on 11/16/2014Runs until 7:00 p.m. Huge selection of beer including locally brewed craft beers to try. Several hearty appetizers including a fig and arugula and a bacon and bleu cheese flatbread. Good service and, of course, several flat screens for sports watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bru is slipping...A LOT!KrisJenVIPDined on 11/15/2014Recently I have become very disheartened when visiting Bru. I have become sad as the service and attentiveness of the staff just keeps slipping and slipping. I have been an avid supporter and active cheerleader and recruiter for Bru since the beginning, however it's just getting too difficult to enjoy myself due to bad service. This is heartbreaking. For instance, the last weekend we took some out of town guests who are former restaurateurs to Bru for dinner after bragging about it. We went an hr early to enjoy appetizers and drinks before dinner. Our lounger servers literally forgot most things we asked for over a dozen times! We had to ask for things 3 or 4 times! We did not get our drinks for 30 mins after we sat in the lounge. As a former career lounge server and bartender through numerous yrs of school, I immediately saw the issue of communal service (all servers serving all customers with tip sharing) as the definite cause of such extreme bad service. While it should be mandatory that all servers assist one another in any restaurant or bar, our horrible service and lack of accountability was a prime example of why all servers getting things here and there service simply just does not work! Like many servers, our male servers that night assumed the others would get it and seemed unconcerned when they ignored or forgot us..like 'don't worry, someone else will get it'. It actually put the onus on the guest as they need to feel bad reiterating it to the next server who shows up (yet still forgets). After such an unfortunate lounge experience (where the music was literally overtaking any conversations we may have), we were hoping the dining room would be better. No such luck! We immediately ordered as we were sat well after our Reso time, but our food took 1 hr after ordering to come! They were too concerned with serving their lg party. We were starving! We left after hrs, defeated and sad to know what Bru had become. Please fix your service. Please!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/14/2014It's become our habit to celebrate birthdays with a lunch at Bru. The restaurant doesn't disappoint. The food is always very good, and the service is excellent. We are even given a complimentary dessert for the birthday girl!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Had my mothers birthday brunch and it was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but the food was excellent.MverbDined on 11/8/2014A good tap list with just the right amount of seasonal beers and variety. Food was excellent, high recommend the lobster Mac and Sashimi Ahi Tuna. It's pretty loud place but the tables in the back (where we sat) was a great place for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant and Great ServiceGnuggetDined on 11/2/2014Good food and excellent draft beer offerings. Service was attentive and prompt.Special Features:
- Great restaurantBunchyDined on 10/31/2014This was the first time my wife and I ate at Bru and we were very impressed. The ambiance was very nice and the staff was friendly and personable. We were really impressed with the food...I had the Seafood Sampler and it was delicious! Great ambiance...great service....great food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clean Food...DarinkaDined on 10/25/2014I was very pleased with this restaurant - the food was delicious, well prepared and appealingly plated - well worth the hour drive for me and the 1 hr. 40 min. drive for my friend. My diet is restricted: no gluten, no sugars & preferably organic or local farm sourced. The waiter accommodated my requests to tweak the lunch order to meet my needs. The Bru Grill and Market is definitely a "will come back" experience.Special Features:
- burger's were greatggmrDined on 10/24/2014probably the best i've had. nice and juicy, fresh bun, great fries. the ribs were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvelousFoodmeDined on 10/17/2014Always have a fabulous time here. The service is top notch and the menu is extensive and creative. The owner cares about each and every one of his patrons and works hard wherever needed to make sure everyone enjoys their meal. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great FunDannyBoy007Dined on 10/10/2014This is a great place for a night out with your friends or family. You have to start with the Pretzel Sticks (that's a must), and the main entrees were good as well. If you like to enjoy a few drinks with friends and some nice entertainment then the bar is a great place to hang out and listen to live music on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Not ReturnKUTTEP61Dined on 10/10/2014Although the food was excellent it took forever to get. Our server was pleasant so the blame is with the kitchen. Also, it was very overpriced. We had 4 people and did not drink to excess. With tax, the bill was $250. I can't remember the last time we spent that for dinner with 4 people. We will never return.
- Business LunchNeighborVIPDined on 10/8/2014It was a great place to take business contacts to lunch. The food was fresh and delicious. The staff was friendly and took good care of us. The noise level wasn't so loud that you were exhausted from talking over people. I would recommend it.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014Everything was done very well for my eating experience.Special Features:
- Great BrunchNobithomasDined on 10/5/2014Good menu, nice atmosphere... Awesome craft beer menu. Bar was lively (football was on), but dinning room was still nice and subdued. We'll definitely be back! Server could have been a little more attentive (brought waffles with no butter, and I had to wait what seemed like a long time while staring at my naked waffles). Don't let that deter you... I typically on think it's 5 star when service is beyond expectations.Special Features:
- LasrocasDined on 9/28/2014Service was friendly, but food took too long to come out, and many items came far too late, including a side order of scrambled eggs, which arrived 20 minutes after the pancakes. I ordered the pork belly chilaquiles, which included a few small pieces of gummy pork belly skin, but absolutely no meat. Not good. My wife ordered the huevos rancheros, and the eggs came out over hard. I also ordered the bottomless champagne, which is a good deal for them, as a couple of sips is enough to declare it the worst cheap champagne in existence. Way to sweet, and instantly heartburn-inducing.Special Features:
- Kitchen needs a lot of workMEastDined on 9/20/2014The service was decent, but the food was uniformly awful. Here's hoping they bring in a decent chef and rework the menu.
- Outstanding from the startAlroDined on 9/13/2014Craft beer selection constantly evolving. Excellent craft cocktails. Menu changes seasonally. This go round went for the Kurobota Pork Chop, cooked to perfection. Service was everything one would look for. We love having this place in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allowed smoking in patioAmirDined on 9/12/2014Smoking is allowed in front patio in this day and age. The special fish was swordfish which was very dry. Bone in ribeye was good and juicy. Not kid friendly. It's a good place if you want to have a big selection of wine and beer. The food is okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FuntasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014servers very helpful all food and beverages ordered were fantastic in fact went 2 days in a rowSpecial Features:
- Disappointing at brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014Great beer selection, first time there had a good meal, but when stopped by on Sunday they were serving brunch, it was crowded and too noisy, especially with music added to the general noise level, staff was rushed (service was good but slow) and food was overcooked. Maybe a better drinking spot than a multifaceted restaurant.
- Good times w/friendsLizzyDined on 8/23/2014Checked in and seated within 5 min for a party of 4 on a Saturday night. Pretty cool the location also sells alcohol as retail. Great selection from speciality drinks, beer to wine (if you buy the wine its $10 to open it at dinner). Must get as appetizer: the pretzel! Had the prime rib, was surprisingly cooked well and not dry. Like they had au jus on the side. Sides: fries good, skip on the tater tots.Special Features:
- Great steak!Love2eatVIPDined on 8/23/2014Went to Bru for a last minute dinner choice and what a great choice it was. From the moment you step inside the restaurant. The hostesses were nice and addressed us right away. I ordered the pork chop while my husband ordered the prime rib. Both choices were delicious. My 8 year old ordered a kids thin crust pizza. The restaurant is lively, however sitting in a booth it cancels out a lot of the noise. Our server was informative and paired our dinners with great cocktail and beer selections. We will definitely going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We were a group of 9 with a 7PM reservation. The noise level was much too loud for conversation. We waited an hour for our food to be delivered to our table. If you go here go during off bar hours when it is quieter & not so busy. The seafood sampler plate is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time hereDinersDined on 8/18/2014I thought that this was my new neighborhood find and I was so excited to share it with new friends my second time there..Special Features:
- JohnDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I enjoyed the place very much.The food were excellent,and the service remarkable..We be back,thanks.John CalegariSpecial Features:
- Good food-service was lacklusterChristinedm807VIPDined on 8/16/2014Most of the food we ordered was delicious, a few items were a little dimension-less but not "bad" per se, I think I just had higher hopes for this place. The service wasn't bad either, our server was friendly but a tad forgetful and left a lackluster impression on us. I feel like you shouldn't need to ask another server for a steak knife, your beer (twice) or ketchup for your french fries, but that's just me. Was perfectly friendly though--- it could have been an off-day, and we all have those... I would try it again to give it a second shot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksbeachcdmDined on 8/14/2014Had never been to this restaurant before, but a friend recommended it. I was glad I made reservation through Open Table as it was quite busy on a Thursday night...the bar was packed, but it was quieter in the restaurant. I had the ribeye and my friends had the petite filet. I had just been to the 5 Crowns in Corona Del Mar and this was practically as good for quite a bit less!Special Features:
- Great TimeNoneDined on 8/7/2014The food is wonderful, service is great and everybody is smiling and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected to be this good !!!!DinersDined on 8/7/2014This is now my favorite place to dine. OMG !!! The Iron steak was honestly the best steak I had a Lavender drink that was out of this world. Cant wait to go back again !!! EVERYTHING WE ATE WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayOuttoLunchVIPDined on 8/5/2014For the price I was expecting more. The food was good, but not spectacular. The service wasn't sharp or coordinated. Our server was nice and conversant, but the runners brought items to share without utensils or plates and brought three entrees separately. Overall, Bru was okay, but nothing special. I've enjoyed much better in the area for the price point - $165. with gratuity for three people.
- Good food and beerSoCalDinerDined on 8/4/2014I've been to the Bru about 5 times. The food is on the higher end and so are the prices. They've been able to accommodate a large party of 20. I've also had dinner there with another couple and beer in the bar with friends. I really enjoyed having a beer at the bar and being able to taste from their wide selection of taps. The bar tenders are very knowledgeable and can recommend others to try. Their selection of Irish Whiskey isn't that great, but then again, they are better know for their wide selection of beers. The place can be pretty noisy, but you can be seated outside where it's a bit quieter.
- First time at BruCanulinaDined on 8/1/2014The restaurant food and beverage menu exceeded my expectations. The wine selection was great. I had the Ahi which is one of the best ahi dishes I have ever had. My daughter had the short ribs which was better than any short rib dish she has ever had. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 109 reviews are from the Bru Grill and Market reviews archive.
- All ShowwhirledtravlerDined on 7/22/2014Very nice interior and atmosphere but the food was just average and the service intolerably slow. I'm not really that picky but half the table got their first round of drinks and then the waiter forgot about us. We had to flag him down to get the remaining half. Our second round showed up essentially with the check. For the price the food wasn't very memorable.
- Great RestaurantkeystonerookieDined on 7/17/2014Best servers for a medium priced restaurant! Food is good and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY noisy bar areaKittyCaliVIPDined on 7/13/2014Made the mistake of going during the World Cup game, and the noise from the bar area was off the charts! Diminished the dining experience somewhat.Special Features:
- Great food butFishandchipsVIPDined on 7/9/2014It was a Wed night, but the place was really busy. Everything was fine except it took forever to get drinks we ordered. The food and drinks were good as always though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happening spot in Lake ForestJCFoodloverVIPDined on 7/3/2014There is a energizing buzz upon entering the restaurant. There is a good variety of drinks and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectDavidQDined on 7/3/2014Wonderful dinner and drinks. The scallops are a favorite and the Halibut special was flaky and delicious. Props to our waiter, Taran, who was friendly and helpful with drink and food requests. I can't wait to go back for the whiskey chocolate cakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemindyintDined on 6/22/2014Brü Grill is always great. One of a few quality restaurants in the Lake Forest, CA area. Good atmosphere. Great food always. Good happy hour. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.