Bru Grill and Market
23730 El Toro Rd
Lake Forest, CA 92630Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bru Grill and Market
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brugrill.com/
- Phone: 9493055757
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Tuesday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Wednesday & Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 9:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Ülises Navarette & Chef Francisco Crüz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full event catering for information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: We have multiple options for private groups of up to 300! See www.brugrill.com for a brief video on our private event incredible skills!
- Private Party Contact: Events Coordinator 9493055757
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights. See www.brugrill.com events calendar for details.
A word from Bru Grill and Market
We serve the best farm to table Eats, craft brews, and boutique wines. From our phenomenal Happy Hour to our Brü Burger, Salads, Flatbreads, Wild Caught Seafood and Amazing Steaks... you will love Brü! "America's Top 250 Restaurants" Save the World. Eat. Brü. Crü. Proudly serving The OC, CA. Orange County, California · brugrill.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bru Grill and Market reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (32)vibrant bar scene (28)good for groups (27)notable wine list (26)special occasion (22)great for lunch (21)great for brunch (18)hot spot (12)romantic (11)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Service was friendly, but food took too long to come out, and many items came far too late, including a side order of scrambled eggs, which arrived 20 minutes after the pancakes. I ordered the pork belly chilaquiles, which included a few small pieces of gummy pork belly skin, but absolutely no meat. Not good. My wife ordered the huevos rancheros, and the eggs came out over hard. I also ordered the bottomless champagne, which is a good deal for them, as a couple of sips is enough to declare it the worst cheap champagne in existence. Way to sweet, and instantly heartburn-inducing.Special Features:
- Kitchen needs a lot of workMEastDined on 9/20/2014The service was decent, but the food was uniformly awful. Here's hoping they bring in a decent chef and rework the menu.
- Outstanding from the startAlroDined on 9/13/2014Craft beer selection constantly evolving. Excellent craft cocktails. Menu changes seasonally. This go round went for the Kurobota Pork Chop, cooked to perfection. Service was everything one would look for. We love having this place in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allowed smoking in patioAmirDined on 9/12/2014Smoking is allowed in front patio in this day and age. The special fish was swordfish which was very dry. Bone in ribeye was good and juicy. Not kid friendly. It's a good place if you want to have a big selection of wine and beer. The food is okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FuntasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014servers very helpful all food and beverages ordered were fantastic in fact went 2 days in a rowSpecial Features:
- Disappointing at brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014Great beer selection, first time there had a good meal, but when stopped by on Sunday they were serving brunch, it was crowded and too noisy, especially with music added to the general noise level, staff was rushed (service was good but slow) and food was overcooked. Maybe a better drinking spot than a multifaceted restaurant.
- Good times w/friendsLizzyDined on 8/23/2014Checked in and seated within 5 min for a party of 4 on a Saturday night. Pretty cool the location also sells alcohol as retail. Great selection from speciality drinks, beer to wine (if you buy the wine its $10 to open it at dinner). Must get as appetizer: the pretzel! Had the prime rib, was surprisingly cooked well and not dry. Like they had au jus on the side. Sides: fries good, skip on the tater tots.Special Features:
- Great steak!Love2eatVIPDined on 8/23/2014Went to Bru for a last minute dinner choice and what a great choice it was. From the moment you step inside the restaurant. The hostesses were nice and addressed us right away. I ordered the pork chop while my husband ordered the prime rib. Both choices were delicious. My 8 year old ordered a kids thin crust pizza. The restaurant is lively, however sitting in a booth it cancels out a lot of the noise. Our server was informative and paired our dinners with great cocktail and beer selections. We will definitely going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We were a group of 9 with a 7PM reservation. The noise level was much too loud for conversation. We waited an hour for our food to be delivered to our table. If you go here go during off bar hours when it is quieter & not so busy. The seafood sampler plate is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time hereDinersDined on 8/18/2014I thought that this was my new neighborhood find and I was so excited to share it with new friends my second time there..Special Features:
- JohnDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I enjoyed the place very much.The food were excellent,and the service remarkable..We be back,thanks.John CalegariSpecial Features:
- Good food-service was lacklusterChristinedm807VIPDined on 8/16/2014Most of the food we ordered was delicious, a few items were a little dimension-less but not "bad" per se, I think I just had higher hopes for this place. The service wasn't bad either, our server was friendly but a tad forgetful and left a lackluster impression on us. I feel like you shouldn't need to ask another server for a steak knife, your beer (twice) or ketchup for your french fries, but that's just me. Was perfectly friendly though--- it could have been an off-day, and we all have those... I would try it again to give it a second shot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksbeachcdmDined on 8/14/2014Had never been to this restaurant before, but a friend recommended it. I was glad I made reservation through Open Table as it was quite busy on a Thursday night...the bar was packed, but it was quieter in the restaurant. I had the ribeye and my friends had the petite filet. I had just been to the 5 Crowns in Corona Del Mar and this was practically as good for quite a bit less!Special Features:
- Great TimeNoneDined on 8/7/2014The food is wonderful, service is great and everybody is smiling and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unexpected to be this good !!!!DinersDined on 8/7/2014This is now my favorite place to dine. OMG !!! The Iron steak was honestly the best steak I had a Lavender drink that was out of this world. Cant wait to go back again !!! EVERYTHING WE ATE WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayOuttoLunchVIPDined on 8/5/2014For the price I was expecting more. The food was good, but not spectacular. The service wasn't sharp or coordinated. Our server was nice and conversant, but the runners brought items to share without utensils or plates and brought three entrees separately. Overall, Bru was okay, but nothing special. I've enjoyed much better in the area for the price point - $165. with gratuity for three people.
- Good food and beerSoCalDinerDined on 8/4/2014I've been to the Bru about 5 times. The food is on the higher end and so are the prices. They've been able to accommodate a large party of 20. I've also had dinner there with another couple and beer in the bar with friends. I really enjoyed having a beer at the bar and being able to taste from their wide selection of taps. The bar tenders are very knowledgeable and can recommend others to try. Their selection of Irish Whiskey isn't that great, but then again, they are better know for their wide selection of beers. The place can be pretty noisy, but you can be seated outside where it's a bit quieter.
- First time at BruCanulinaDined on 8/1/2014The restaurant food and beverage menu exceeded my expectations. The wine selection was great. I had the Ahi which is one of the best ahi dishes I have ever had. My daughter had the short ribs which was better than any short rib dish she has ever had. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All ShowwhirledtravlerDined on 7/22/2014Very nice interior and atmosphere but the food was just average and the service intolerably slow. I'm not really that picky but half the table got their first round of drinks and then the waiter forgot about us. We had to flag him down to get the remaining half. Our second round showed up essentially with the check. For the price the food wasn't very memorable.
- Great RestaurantkeystonerookieDined on 7/17/2014Best servers for a medium priced restaurant! Food is good and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY noisy bar areaKittyCaliVIPDined on 7/13/2014Made the mistake of going during the World Cup game, and the noise from the bar area was off the charts! Diminished the dining experience somewhat.Special Features:
- Great food butFishandchipsVIPDined on 7/9/2014It was a Wed night, but the place was really busy. Everything was fine except it took forever to get drinks we ordered. The food and drinks were good as always though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happening spot in Lake ForestJCFoodloverVIPDined on 7/3/2014There is a energizing buzz upon entering the restaurant. There is a good variety of drinks and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectDavidQDined on 7/3/2014Wonderful dinner and drinks. The scallops are a favorite and the Halibut special was flaky and delicious. Props to our waiter, Taran, who was friendly and helpful with drink and food requests. I can't wait to go back for the whiskey chocolate cakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableFelicityisFussyDined on 6/22/2014Our party of eight enjoyed a Father's Day brunch here the weekend after Father's Day. Bar service was quick and personable. Our waiter not as much. I saw our brunch being delivered to a table across from us. It sat there for a few minutes in front of others and then handed over to our table. Eeeww! Overall very good quality meal, properly prepared with organic ingredients, which is very important to our family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great times as alwayskostkafexDined on 6/20/2014arrived a few minutes early, was seated immediately. attentive server, great beer selection, excellent food. they even brought out a slice of cake for my birthday. will be returningSpecial Features:
- enjoyed itLeeisoddDined on 6/18/2014Had lunch with a friend. Courteous and prompt service. Food was good. Not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gastroluvDined on 6/15/2014My daughter ordered the paella but it arrived cold and bland. Our waitress was quick to apologize and replace the entree with another choice. It was our daughter's birthday as well as Father's Day and the waitress also included 2 free desserts as our daughter did not get her replacement entree until the rest of the party had finished theirs. By no means was this the waitress' fault as she was the NICEST waitress we have ever come across. Apart from that one entree everything else was YUMMY, especially the sea bass. We love this restaurant as they always go out of their way to ensure your satisfaction.Special Features:
- good food butkrissyDined on 6/15/2014We had reservations, yet had to wait 30min to be seated. There were plenty of tables available so not sure why we had to wait. Our waiter was friendly and nice....however, everything took too long. After being seated, it was another 30min beforeour order was taken...and we had to ask for it to be taken. It took another 20min for appetizers to come out. Finally the food was delivered, except they forgot one order. No idea why it was so slow when the restaurant was pretty empty.
- Beers Brunch and moreJoannajVIPDined on 6/15/2014If you enjoy brunch - this is a great place to try. The prices are reasonable and the selection and variety of items is great. From eggs, to chicken and waffles, as well as burgers and salads. Lots to choose from as well as an excellent selection of craft beers. A great place to take a beer lover. Service is good. Staff are friendly. Would definitely recommend this restaurant and look forward for returning.Special Features:
- Great Father's Day hereMFisher875VIPDined on 6/15/2014Food was american faire and good, wiine list is good and overall it was a great father's day here and will be back again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014Food not as good on our second visit. Our waiter, Teron, amazing once again. Will try it again to see if food quality returns. We still have high hopes for this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great for holidays!L2the3rdDined on 6/15/2014We were sat right behind the guitarist/signer they had for Father's Day and it was far too loud! There were 7 of us at a round table and I couldn't hear my sister across from me without practically yelling. The service has never been this bad before and I think it was also due to the holiday. We had 4 different people bring out our food at different times and they forgot 2 items, biscuits and gravy and a side of eggs, and the eggs didn't come out until we were basically done. It took asking 3 different people for hot sauce, ketchup and ranch before we finally got it as well.... And yet, the food is awesome and we will definitely be returning, just not again for fathers day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good but...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Maybe it was just a one off but the service we got was mediocre. Our waiter was not attentive, we had to waive him down every time we needed something and when he dropped off our food, etc he just walked away every time. Wouldn't even ask or wait to see if we needed anything else. The food itself was pretty good. I got the petite fillet which was delicious! Atmosphere is good too, nice place to just show up for a few drinks- the bar itself is a nice size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014I was pleasently suprised. The restaurant was nice and food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Not this time..,HungryManDined on 6/6/2014I was not happy this time. I've been to Bru 5X and this time it was not as good. They had a special: copper river salmon and I asked for it to be cooked medium. It was seared and raw inside & it smelled "fishy". I've had it in Washington when it's in season and it was awesome but Bru failed on this very special fish. I'd still recommend Bru but I was disappointed this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 90 reviews are from the Bru Grill and Market reviews archive.
- ckmgoDined on 5/31/2014We were seated within minutes of our arrival. They had a large selection of beers which appealed to my husband. I'm not a beer drinker but a champagne lover. They had a tasty champagne cocktail that I order with hints of peach which I thoroughly enjoyed. We tried their pretzel appetizer which really hit the spot. I would order that again. Our waiter was efficient, informed, and tentative. Sadly, as we were waiting for our meal, a cook walked off the line which delayed our food. Luckily, we were on our weekly "date night" away from the kids, so we didn't mind. We appreciated our waiter informing us of the delay and enjoyed our meal when it did arrive. (I had the steak special with blue cheese mashed potatoes and green beans. So good!)Special Features:
- RonlDined on 5/26/2014The food was much better than I expected. The service was just fair. Bar was busy,however the patio was quiet and pleasant. Happy hour specials(all day till 7PM0 are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service!FuntimesDined on 5/26/2014Wonderful evening! The food and service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Evening @ Brugaucho27511Dined on 5/25/2014Had another wonderful meal with great service at Bru this past Sunday. Bru is our favorite restaurant.Special Features: