840 Currie Street
Fort Worth, TX 76107Neighborhood:
West 7th Corridor
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brownstonefw.com/
- Phone: 8173321555
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Wednesday: 11:00am - 10:00pm,
Thursday: 11:00AM - 12:00am
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am
Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm
Sunday Dinner: 3:00pm - 10pm
Happy Hour everyday from 4pm-7pm and 9pm-close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Just off the main dining room, separated by wood panel doors, is a private dining room with wall-to-wall cabinetry that houses the restaurant’s wine selection. The private dining room seats up to 20 guests and offers full audiovisual capabilities.
- Private Party Contact: Starla Perry 8173321555
- Entertainment: Beats & Eats - Late Nights @ The Stone Fridays & Saturdays from 10PM - 2AM Live Dj | Photobooth | Drink Specials | Late Night Grub
A word from Brownstone
Brownstone Kitchen + Bar, located in the West 7th development in Fort Worth, is a contemporary eatery and drinkery from the Sameni Entertainment Group. Brownstone serves American favorites in a comfortable and high energy atmosphere and features a large lounge area with residential style seating, HD Televisions and a design to encourage intelligent socializing. Brownstone will offer a wide variety of culinary-inspired specialty cocktails and martinis made with fresh local produce, purees and herbs with ingredients ranging from agave nectar to tarragon and thyme, and local peppers and spices. Brownstone’s wine list consists of a broad range of moderately priced eclectic wines with local and global selections offering both new world styles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brownstone reviews from OpenTable diners
- This location is closed!babyDined on 11/24/2013Upon arriving for our reservation, we found that this location was closed and had been for a couple of weeks already.
- Off campus sport barMothermayiVIPDined on 11/7/2013The restaurants name evoked style and class.... Positives... Great burger and ahi appetizer... Negatives, loud, cafeteria silverware, whitefish entree sort of like Lubys , ( but veggies were good) overall somewhat disappointed too expensive for campus fare..........
- hip location, below average foodgetinmybellyDined on 10/24/2013We have been to Brownstone twice now and been underwhelmed both times. This last time (mid-October) they were out of the first two things we requested and said they are looking to rework the menu when they get a new chef. Bottom line: The food just isn't very good. You can do much better in the cool, packed W 7th District.Special Features:
- serviceStacyDined on 10/20/2013Our main entrée was good as were 1 of our desserts. The appetizer was not at all. The service was terrible. We had 4 waiters/waitress all rushing us to order and the restaurant was empty. The did not fill our glasses with water and did not smile and act friendly at all. Because of that, we will not go back. There were 4 of us at our table celebrating a bday and we all said after we left that Brownstone was not a place we would recommend to friends or come back to ourselves.Special Features:
- Brownstone is misnamedTravelerDined on 10/20/2013While in Fort Worth for a visit and looking for a Sunday Brunch location, I saw the name "Brownstone". The name conjured images of a cow town old house converted to a quaint dining location. What I found was the steel and glass retail/living location on Currie Street. The location is still attractive but the name is misleading. There is not a brick in the entire structure. The outdoor dining was very nice and the food was good, though very uninspired. You only get one chance for a great Sunday Brunch in a new town and I lost that chance because of a poor choice of name and some unusually generous food reviews.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchNewtoBobsDined on 10/13/2013We had a great brunch. So many yummy items on the menu. And, the mimosas were also wonderful.Special Features:
- DisappointingdisappointedDined on 10/12/2013We are big patrons of the 7th street corridor and we've been to Brownstone several times over its various incarnations. We'd pretty much given up on the place but were looking for a last minute reservation, looked at the latest menu and made the reservation. Although it was a somewhat early reservation, the restaurant was out of both the filet and the pot roast, both signature items. I settled on the ribeye which was far too thin a cut, overcooked for medium rare and some of the "marbling" was inedible.We usually show our disfavor for a restaurant by simply not returning but this restaurant should not be allowed on open table.Special Features:
- AwesomeBanjoDined on 10/11/2013Overall great experience. Shawn, our server, was extremely friendly and accommodating. He went out of his way to make sure we were satisfied with everything. The food was great and the service was prompt, courteous, and upbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tad noisySteveDined on 9/27/2013Place is noisy food very good Let us go a little greener and not use huge bags for take home foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy Spot to Eatzcdj12Dined on 9/27/2013Brownstone didn't disappoint in food or service. Both were very good. The night we went they were hosting a party in the bar area inside for TCU and with the concrete floors it was very loud from the 100 people present. fortunately it was a cooler night and patio seating was available. Enjoyed my food very much and just like this area of Fort Worth.Special Features:
- Was disappointed that theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2013Was disappointed that the patio had the T.V. on and we were subjected to a football game. This is a nice place, I guess they want to compete with the Sports bars in the neighborhood. Very sad.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialdpiekarskiVIPDined on 9/21/2013My wife and I were in Fort Worth to visit family and though we would try the brunch at Brownstone on Saturday and were disappointed. Food was mediocre. We ordered the Loaded Tots appetizer expecting that the chef would have made his own tots or something to make it special. Unfortunately, we received the standard frozen tater tots with some cheese, bacon, and jalapenos tossed on. We both had the Sammy Carbonara and found it to be bland and lacking in taste. Next time we will try someplace different.
- Absolutely disappointing inMSWIVIPDined on 9/6/2013Absolutely disappointing in every aspect. The food (we ordered simple things like hamburger and tacos) was bland and super dry, the service nonexistent and the seating totally uncomfortable (the banquettes definitely need some redoing). There are so many better choices in this neighborhood.
- Nice Placelive2eatDined on 9/6/2013This restaurant was nice and food was good, but it was not outstanding considering the prices. Service was adequate, but also not outstanding. We were in somewhat of a rush as we were attending a play. They were very accommodating regarding our need to be served quickly, which was very helpful, but it seemed we were regularly looking for our waiter, even though the restaurant was fairly empty due to our early reservation. I might return, but it will not be on our regular list of "go to" Fort Worth restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch, terrific menuFoodaholicVIPDined on 9/1/2013We had a terrific experience at Brown Stone, and likely will return next time we're in Fort Worth. Their brunch lived up to expectations, from what we had heard from others and reading other reviews. But our waiter must have been having an off day, as he forgot to bring out several items we requested, was to check on the status of a menu item and never got back to us, and forgot that I asked for a pen to sign my credit card receipt and left us waiting for nearly 10 minutes until we finally flagged down another waitress. But despite all that flakiness, the food was great, the vibe was fun, and we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Major disappointmentArlcriticDined on 8/22/2013We decided to try the restaurant week special. It began with the hostess recommending we set in the bar area to take advantage of happy hour (we should be able to get this in the dining room!). So we did, it was very noisy in the bar for dinner. The hostess said it was $1 champagne night for women, when my wife asked, the waiter he said it was for unescorted women. Is this a bar or a restaurant? The only beer available on draft for happy hour was Miller Light and Coors Light. Really? Our waiter was terrible, my wife asked for a water refill early in the meal, he did not bring it until he brought out the check. Then the food, my wife's fish was overcooked and rubbery and my scalloped potatoes were ice cold in the middle.
- just planBigfoot1412Dined on 8/10/2013there was nothing too exciting about Brownstone. After reading a glowing review about this rest. last year, I decided to drive from McKinney to Fort Worth and give it a shot. Started with cocktails, the patron martini had good flavor but came to the table almost warm, not even a chill to the glass. The apps were decent, the fried crawfish and onion strings were very good, plus the tempura mushrooms tasted great as well. As for the main courses, My wife enjoyed her fish taco's, but the chicken fried tenderloin was a big let down. I choose the bacon cheddar polenta over the fried okra as a side, extremely gritty and bland. under seasoned and almost cold when the dish was delivered to the table. Will not be returning anytime soon.
- Always my FW Go ToOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2013I'm a Dallas Girl, but when I need to go to FW to take family out to eat I always choose this place. It's def. your FW trendy crowd for Brunch on Sunday's. I have been taking my Grandmother here for the past year and she loves it. I hosted a big family afternoon lunch in their wine room. Everything is always so great! I really reccomend their Fried Chicken and Grits or the Bread Pudding French Toast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrownstoneOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2013I have been to the brownstone 3 times tryi g to give this restaurant a chance. They lack inexperience wait staff and the service is horrible. The first time I tried the restaurant the food was horrible. I tried it a second time because a friend was having her birthday at the restaurant and the waitress was rude. The third time I decided to bring my aunt for her birthday and the service was awful. The waitress messed up the order and we waited forever for our food. I will never come back and will not recommend his place to anyone due to the quality of service I have received three times in a row.
- Very averageRogerDined on 7/27/2013The food, everything about this place, is very average. On the other hand, prices are way above what you would expect from a place that is just average. There are tons of better choices at that price point. Oh, and it's crazy loud because of poor acoustics.
- So-so Sunday BrunchtlundtVIPDined on 7/7/2013Girlfriend & I experienced less that enthusiatic brunch. I had a different version of Eggs Benedict.....on a biscuit with pulled pork. Not much flavor. GF had a skillet dish.....overabundance of potatoes. Doubt we will be back.Special Features:
- Food was good, but place is loudHungry777VIPDined on 6/30/2013Went for Sunday Brunch. Food was good to very good. Biggest negative was the place was very loud. Concrete floors and industrial design make for poor acoustics. Add a classic rock sound track that sounds better outside than inside and you just have a cacophony of noise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, good foodMattHatDined on 6/25/2013Wife had burger, I had steak salad. Portions were good, steak was not seasoned. Burger was great, patty well seasoned and cooked, good bun, fries were nothing special. Tempura mushrooms and spicy ranch was very inventive. Drinks were well made. If we return, would be on a cool day at the patio with drinks and appetizers, very nice location and decent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- promising but disappointingsharbearDined on 6/23/2013We tried the hamburgers which looked like their specialty, but they turned out dry. The french fries and steamed veges were just okay. The cobbler was great but the chocolate cheescake was pretty bland.Special Features:
- My husband treated me to brunch.live61Dined on 6/23/2013My husband treated me to brunch. We had heard so many wonderful things about the Brownstone. We were celebrating my 61st birthday! It was our first time to visit the resturant. The atmosphere was wonderful. The seating was wonderful! The waiter was wonderful! It actually took 1:47 minutes to receive our food. The waiter (Suir) repeating came out and apologized over and over why it taking so long to get our food. When it finally came out, I refused it. It was awful! I ordered Eggs Benedict. I got a biscuit- topped with two hard boiled eggs and chopped barbecue brisket! I couldn't believe it! The Brownstone a place to hang out drink with friends.Special Features:
- The beef tender loin was askedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2013The beef tender loin was asked to be cooked medium and came out medium well; the pork loin was tough, dry and over cooked.
- This place has a really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/13/2013This place has a really good vibe. Food is quality and price is affordable. Gets pretty noisy due to concrete surroundings, but that just adds to the happy feel about Brownstone. I'll be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timeSoozVIPDined on 6/7/2013I've had a great brunch experience here and a good dinner experience previously. Not sure what happened this time... Crab cakes and fish special were not good. We did not enjoy any of our food items and it took forever to get our food.
- good menu options, includingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2013good menu options, including healthy options and Texas favorities. Pricing moderate with most entrees @ $15. Great selection of appetizers (blue cheese hummus deee-lish). Some outdoor seating on front sidewalk, but fair amount of adjacent car traffic. Good location in up-and-coming neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhfoodiezDined on 6/7/2013All around the experience was just eh. The food was not bad, but not good. It was not interesting or delicious in a way that made us want to come back again. We did enjoy the setup of the restaurant and the outdoor seating.
- Menu OfferingsJBuckDined on 5/29/2013I had never been to Brownstone and had wanted to eat there since it opened a couple of years ago. I had heard that the menu was quite unique, but was somewhat disappointed that many of the offerings were more main stream. My Salmon Entree was EXCELLENT!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch.BrianDined on 5/19/2013Brunch was great. I had the chicken fried steak with over medium eggs. Mimosas were good and strong. This is a brunch fit for the Pope.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkNd2819Dined on 5/17/2013Our food was pretty bland & our service was mediocre at best. It is over priced for what you are given & meat wasn't thoroughly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Going BackOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013When we arrived we were told the kitchen was backed up for about 30 minutes. It was surprising as there weren't that many people there. We arrived at 6:45 and got our food at 8:10. I ordered the beef tenderloin filet and even though it was almost cooked correctly the steak knife they gave me was like using a butter knife.
- What happened to BrownstoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013We have been eating at Brownstone for several years and the quality of food has really diminished. It looks like they do not have a quality chef to prepare quality food. We went there for Mother's Day and the food was awful. The tacos were full of gristle and not eatable and the other meals were of the same poor quality. The location offers good outdoor dining and atmosphere but we will not be back as the quality of food is the worst in the arts district.Special Features:
- Anniversary brunchCajunbabeDined on 5/5/2013We drive 25 miles to celebrate our anniversary. Had reservations but it really was not needed. There were 4-5 people just standing around at podium. The coffee was extremely weak, so I asked for a cappuccino, but did not have any. I was surprised. My husband ordered hot tea and the box was empty except for 3 green teas which he did not care for. How can you start a Sunday brunch w no tea bags??? Seems like the manager could have made a trip to the grocery.. French toast was hard & tough, and the eggs & sausage was served on a saucer for kids. My food kept falling off the sides. No salt or pepper on the table. With the reputation of being the best brunch in Ft Worth it left a lot to be desired. Next occasion I guess we will head to Dallas!
- The chef did a great job adaptingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013The chef did a great job adapting the menu and preparing my food to adhere to my diet limitations.Special Features:
- A West 7th KeeperdllandesVIPDined on 4/26/2013One of our favorite places to patronize on West 7th; the food is always consistently excellent, and the service attentive. We do wish they had a few more "full-bodied" Cabernets to pick from, as opposed to so many "medium-bodied", and so many Merlots. Overall though, a very good place where a solid meal can always be found, along with lighter fare, and all of it prepared with detail and attention to quality and freshness.Special Features:
- Pasta-shrimp-crawfish dishBETHDined on 4/25/2013Pasta-shrimp-crawfish dish was OK but didn't have a lot of taste. Quite a lot of noise with nothing to absorb the sound.Special Features:
- Our order was quite late inTwoPeasVIPDined on 4/21/2013Our order was quite late in arriving to our table and neither of us cared for our meal. Although the atmosphere was pleasant we will not return to this restaurant.