Hub Restaurant and Lounge
1165 Mainland Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 5P2Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Hub Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hubrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: (604)696-0400
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:00am - 11:00pm Tuesday-Wednesday 11am - 12:00am Thursday-Friday 11:00am - 1:00am, Saturday: 10:00am - 1:00am, Sunday: 10:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Private Parties - call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Experience casual sophistacation, relaxed, responsive service and our "back to basics" menu of classic entrees, starters and desserts. Comfort reigns at Hub Restaurant and Lounge where a stylish, relaxed room welcomes Yaletown locals and visitors alike. The original exposed wood beams and brick wall joined with plush booths and warm lighting set the stage for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Bill Marsh 6046960400
- Special Events: Canucks PPV, NHL Centre Ice, Sunday NFL Ticket, UFC No Cover Charge, Setanta Sports
A word from Hub Restaurant and Lounge
Experience casual sophistication, relaxed yet responsive service and a wide-ranging and enticing menu at Hub. Sports fans will appreciate the eight HD TV's and access to the most Pay-Per-View events in Yaletown. Hub's casually chic room buzzes with energy - a perfect fit 7 days a week, before, during and after the game.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Hub Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Awesome beef!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/25/2012Perfect prime rib for a pre-concert energy boost. 'nuff said!Special Features:
- Great spot for anyone whoGlamourDined on 9/30/2012Great spot for anyone who wants decent priced food & drinks while watching sports.Special Features:
- The onions rings were reallyNatashaVIPDined on 9/7/2012The onions rings were really good & love the build your own salad option
- Excellent brunch. WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2012Excellent brunch. Wonderful service. Hayley looked after us very well. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- The Hub was very accomodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012The Hub was very accomodating to our needs... Thank YouSpecial Features:
- Have had lunch at Hub severalBizVizDined on 7/16/2012Have had lunch at Hub several times and highly recommend it (love the Wok Squid & those Kobe meatballs!). This was my first dinner experience and we decided to try the Prime Rib special on Monday night. Salads were great, the mash & scalloped potatoes were good but the yorkshire wasn't the treat it should be and the beef, while cooked a perfect medium, was tough for prime rib. Although the price point is a great hook, I wouldn't go back for the prime rib special but I'll definitely continue to frequent Hub for their other great menu items and nice atmosphere.
- Great lunch venue for businessBillDined on 4/18/2012Great lunch venue for business or watching sports or both!Special Features:
- Two friends and I had dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2011Two friends and I had dinner here on New Year's Eve before heading to our late night event. The food was fantastic and the service was excellent. The best was the fresh-baked brownie for dessert! Thanks for a great night! I'll defeinitely be back!Special Features:
- The Sunday/Monday Prime RibOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2011The Sunday/Monday Prime Rib Meal for two is very, very good. In addition, the service is always good. I've always enjoyed their $7 appetizers, especially the mussels and the Kobe meatballs.Special Features:
- Food was decent and the ambianceKrispyBitesVIPDined on 10/2/2011Food was decent and the ambiance was ok. Service was friendly, but verrrrry verrrrrry slow. Sat around for 15 minutes before someone came over to ask what we would like to drink. Then had to wait another 10 minutes before we managed to get someone's attention to come take our orders.
- 'Meh' in YaletownOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2011Has a patio - my lunchtime meal salad was not good. Perhaps other menu items are better. My friends dish seemed fine.
- Wok squid was perfectly cookedgodlliDined on 6/30/2011Wok squid was perfectly cooked and so delicious!!! Crab grilled cheese had just the right amount of crab, yummy! Blackened halibut burger was perfect! Margarita's were too sweet and should be blended with ice! Had to order a new drink, and the caesar's were great!Special Features:
- Great Food and PeopleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2011This restaurant is similar to Earl's and Cactus Club but the difference is energy of the restaurant. Everyone is upbeat, outstanding service, and energetic vibe. That being said, it might not be the most romantic place to have dinner. The size of the restaurant is perfect and the servers come along very often. The offerings are on the menu will suit anyone's taste and you cannot complain about the pricing. I'd definitely pick this restaurant over Earls and Cactus any other day just because of its Vancouver feel and the great atmoshphere. Did I mention that you can literally see the restaurant when you walk up from the Canada Line Station?Special Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2011It was very nice, specially for a Valentine dinner.Special Features:
- Hub Restaurant is a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2011Hub Restaurant is a great food and/ or drink! Love the atmosphere and although I wasn't there on a game day, I get the feeling that it's an awesome place to watch a Nucks game. I will definitely be returning with my friends in the near future.Special Features:
- Some friends and I went forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/15/2010Some friends and I went for dinner at Hub to discuss a project we're working on, but found that the noise level was such that we couldn't really have a business conversation however, that is to be expected in Yaletown on a Friday night. The cocktails were good and my poutine starter was fantastic. The Taste of Yaletown featured chicken dinner I ordered was okay. The chicken itself was okay, coleslaw was fab, but scalloped potatoes were so salty I couldn't eat them. Other than that, our service was fantastic, but we still couldn't wait to leave because it was so hot in the restaurant. I don't know if the A/C just wasn't working that night or if they actually had the heater running, but it was really hot. The meal was ok, not bad, not fab.Special Features:
- casual bar atmosphere andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2010casual bar atmosphere and menu (burgers, pasta, pizza) but better than average food for this type of place and good attention to detail - beer ice cold, decent wine by the glass selection, very good burgers and prime ribSpecial Features:
- The food was fantastic, theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2010The food was fantastic, the service was excellent and the overall experience was one that left us wanting to come back. Lobster wings, unbelievably good. I highly recommend this restaurant, personally cannot wait to experience it during a hockey game.Special Features:
- I would go to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2010I would go to this restaurant for prime rib any time, even if the promotion were not applicable. Service is always great and love the special appy special 4pm to 6pm every evening.Special Features:
- Was absolutely amazing andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2010Was absolutely amazing and very affordable!!!! Would 100% go again and WILL go again!Special Features:
- I liked Hub. I was a typicalMCDinerDined on 4/26/2010I liked Hub. I was a typical bar restaurant. Not much different than when Browns was occupying the space. We had the prime rib roast dinner. The portions were good. We were definitely full by the end. We also had nachos to begin. Could have had more toppings and more evenly distributed. For dessert we had the apple crumble. That was good. Served in a cast iron pan with ice cream. I would recommend this restaurant for a casual night out.
- I did not have a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2010I did not have a good experience at the Hub and I would not recommend it to my friends. It was my first time trying this restaurant and usually I would give a restaurant another chance but this was just not good.Our server was pretty much non-exist. I had to call across the restaurant and wave my arms in order to get someones attention. That someone was standing right next to our server and had to nudge our server twice to get her to pay attention to me. The restaurant was empty except 3 tables so its not like she was busy. Also, so was not impressed when I told her I didn't want my salad as it had bacon on it. I would have thought she'd clue in when I ordered a veggie burger. The food was alright, but the bad service ruined it for me.
- I went for lunch mid-weekOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/27/2010I went for lunch mid-week and the service was friendly and quick, and portions generous. I had the steak salad which was beautifully presented. I can see this as being a good place for a drink and nibbles afterwork.Special Features:
- Everything was average. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2010Everything was average. The restaurant was very quiet (I think there was one other table)and service did not reflect that - it was somewhat lacadasical and there was no hostess to be seen.... kind of felt like we were somewhat invisible. The staff that was on spent a lot of time standing around chatting while I had an empty water glass for ten minutes, which made me wish they carried on the Brown's tradition of the old glass milk containers with water on the table so at least I could fill it myself. I know that's a small detail but to myself who is very sensitive to spicy food (not to mention I was eating a very dry sandwich), it is important.
- Browns restaurant and barCdn604Dined on 11/12/2009Browns restaurant and bar is more of a bar than a restaurant. Very noisy atmosphere with the Canucks game on at least 4 screens. The room is dominated by the bar area but the server was friendly and the food was decent. Very typical of a Cactus Club, Milestones, Earls clan but not bad. Nothing to write home about and definitely nothing unique.
- You will always get good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2009You will always get good food at Browns. Fire Wok Squid is the best.
- I used to eat a lot at theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/27/2009I used to eat a lot at the Browns in North Van, and much prefer it to the Yaletown location. The food is better in North Van, and I prefer the smaller room and more energetic environment.
- We enjoyed this lively restaurant'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2008We enjoyed this lively restaurant's dining experience. Both hockey and baseball games were playing on the bar screens with very excited cheers rising up from the crowds as excellent plays were made. The background did not distract from our dining expereince or our ability to comfortably carry on a conversation!!!! We received perfectly timed service attendance & selected the Taste of Yaletown menu. Curried soup was outstanding, tuna salad was excellent with a very light flavorful dressing.Portions were substantial. We actualy had to take the keylime pie to go as we were too full! Overall it was an enjoyable expereince & I'd return again.Special Features:
- I had to request plates, silverwareOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2008I had to request plates, silverware. those should be standard settings. I also had to request 1 twice because the waiter 'forgot' The menu doesn't have that many options for true entrees. I don't think I would go again.
- I ordered the Hollywood burger,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2008I ordered the Hollywood burger, onion rings, and for dessert, the Oreo ice-cream cake. Fries were crunchy and lightly salted, onion rings were delicious, although some were slightly burnt and the burger was yummy. The oreo dessert was the best part, it was super yummy. Great, friendly service.Special Features:
- This was hard to rate someShortyVIPDined on 10/5/2008This was hard to rate some of the features, we went for brunch after the Run for the Cure. They are one of the few restaurants that has an actual brunch menu. The food was good, the price was right, the waiter was great.Special Features:
- The filet mignon was fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2008The filet mignon was fantastic! And the scalloped potatoes... yum!Special Features:
- My Friends and I really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2008My Friends and I really enjoyed our experience at Browns Yaletown... I listed the Noise as loud but it was the UFC Night and we were informed upon arrival to expect the loud noise which wasnt hard to handle it was nice! We came prepared for a great meal and were not disapointed. The Beer Battered Onion rings were amazing and tasty and the Tiramisu was TO DIE FOR! A total Memerable Dish! I loved the food and service so good I am coming back this week again! They were very accomidating and friendly and everything went very smoothly! I totally recommend this restaurant to others! Of the Chain is the their best location by far... Thank you Browns! A+ - JohnSpecial Features:
- I thought that it was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2008I thought that it was great. The service was good, the staff were extreamly friendly and outgoing. The decor was neat, and the food was delicious!! I would go back again and againSpecial Features:
- Our server (I think her nameOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2008Our server (I think her name was Elizabeth) was awesome. It seems so often these days that it is hard to find good service, but this girl was fantastic. Very friendly and enthusiastic - we all commented to eachother about how great she was.Special Features:
- Food was good. Probably moreOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/27/2008Food was good. Probably more like a bar than a restaurant. The waitress was very friendly and seemed sincere. The halibut burger was actually very tasty and the prices of the food and drinks were very reasonable.Special Features:
- Great place to grab a biteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/2/2008Great place to grab a bite before or during the game or a concert. Food is a little over priced for a pretty average burger but the ambience is nice.