Brown Bottle North Liberty
125 E. Zeller
North Liberty, IA 52317Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Brown Bottle North Liberty
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.iowacitybrownbottle.com/northlibertylocation_css.htm
- Phone: 319-626-3900
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Brown Bottle North Liberty
The Brown Bottle was established in 1972 in Cedar Falls, Iowa by Donald Landau. The Iowa City restaurant opened two years later, with Waterloo following shortly thereafter. North Liberty joined us in 1994, and our most recent addition is Moline, IL (Nov. 2005). The original recipes and sauces were developed by Donnalee Landau. The menu has since been expanded by the four Landau children, who now own and operate the businesses. The name “Brown Bottle” derived from the Schlitz Brewery in the 70’s. They set the standard as the first company to sell beer in brown bottles instead of clear (to extend the beer’s shelf life). A tasting room at the Brewery was named “The Brown Bottle” to help market their new concept. The Landau family copyrighted the name and soon opened the first Brown Bottle Italian restaurant. Over thirty years ago, the quote “Where Good Food, Good Wine and Good Friends Go Together” was included on the first Brown Bottle menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brown Bottle North Liberty reviews from OpenTable diners
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2011The food and service were great. I was surprised to see that the restaurant was located in a mini strip mall, and was disappointed with the ambiance in the back room where my group was seated. The mini blinds and parking lot view didn't suit well. With such a good reputation I was sad to see the Brown Bottle located in a new development lacking personality.Special Features:
- Our party of 7 got seatedSuebob2014Dined on 5/13/2011Our party of 7 got seated at the reserved time. The menu was wonderful--there was something for the foodies, the kids, the seniors, the picky eater, and everyone in between. Service was very good, and prices were reasonable (we didn't have wine that night, so that kept the check a little lower).Special Features:
- We came here for my husband'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2011We came here for my husband's birthday and had a great meal. I did not tell the wait staff that it was a special occasion, and they did not ask. Although I did put it on my on-line reservation, it wasn't brought up by our server. Not a problem, though. The food was excellent and service outstanding!Special Features:
- It has been years since we'veOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/25/2011It has been years since we've been to the Brown Bottle in North Liberty. The interior is warm and inviting. The atmosphere lends itself to a dressier experience but still allows for a more casual, family experience as well. A very nice balance.Special Features:
- The restaurant has very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2011The restaurant has very nice decor. Not too formal, but comfortable. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. We were a party of four, and 3 out of four had a good meal. My meal was not very good, in that I had ordered the prime rib meal and asked for it to come medium rare and it was very overcooked and the meat was tough. I have had prime rib at this restaurant before, and the meat was wonderful. My husband also had the prime rib and his was notably thicker and more rare. He said his prime rib was very good. I would have sent my meal back, except we were with friends, and I didn't want to make a fuss, but I was really disappointed.
- The food was very tasty, (manacottiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011The food was very tasty, (manacotti and fetucinni) Soup(chiken/rice) was lukewarm at best Tables are to close together for a romantic dinner, I could have touched the person at the table next to me and he was on the phone and we could hear one side of the conveasation without trying. Prefer the Washington Street loacation
- Really enjoyed the whole experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/19/2010Really enjoyed the whole experience here. Really lived up to all the other reviews we read. Very good, from scratch tasting Italian. I always get the good old fashoned spaghetti and meatballs when I first eat at a place like this as a test. The marinara sauce was excellent as were the meatballs and al dente pasta. The salad and dressing were great too. All around great place for dates and family dinners.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/24/2010Great atmosphere, great service, great food! Definitely recommend, even for large parties!Special Features:
- We were greeted immediatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2010We were greeted immediately at the door and seated. Server was very prompt and professional. All of our food was quite tasty and portion size was good. We went there with friends to have a nice meal and be able to visit. On occasion noise was a bit of an issue, but acceptable overall. We were very pleased with our overall experience and plan to go back.Special Features:
- We were given a table rightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/15/2010We were given a table right outside of kitchen. We could hear everything that was going on in kitchen-loud dishes clanging, people yelling and normal kitchen noise. It ruined our experience.
- Great food, a very large groupOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2010Great food, a very large group ahead of us made it a long wait for everyone else in the restaurant though. Overall, highly recommend.
- Outstanding food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/20/2010Outstanding food and service and a reasonable price. Was visiting from out of town (Minneapolis) and it's one of the favorite places of the people we were visiting. I now see why. Had the Bruscetta and Seafood Lasagna, both were very yummy (and the salad and bread were good too). I think I ate too much, but oh well...Special Features:
- All 4 of us enjoyed our diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2010All 4 of us enjoyed our dining experience at the Brown Bottle. We will definitely visit again.
- Very good food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/21/2010Very good food and service. However, prefer the ambiance at the Waterloo/Cedar Falls locationSpecial Features:
- Wonderful place. Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010Wonderful place. Never disappointed. Friendly, efficient, competent staff. My #1 place of choice.Special Features:
- We celebrated a friend's 40thOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010We celebrated a friend's 40th Birthday and it was wonderful. The staff was great and the food was AWESOME. It was a great choice for a wonderful evening of food, wine, and frineds.Special Features:
- It was a busy night so weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010It was a busy night so we were in one of there extra rooms. The decor and lighting were were kind of sterile.
- The Brown Bottle is one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010The Brown Bottle is one of our favorites, and it's by far the nicest restaurant in North Liberty. The food, as always, was wonderful, and our server was polite and attentive. The creme brulee for dessert was to die for--and was a perfect way to cap off our romantic Valentine dinner!Special Features:
- As always, the Brown BottleOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/29/2010As always, the Brown Bottle is a great place to go for dinner. Food is consistently excellent and the staff very good. Being able to make a reservation on OpenTable makes it even better. Restaurants are so crowded now on weekends and the ability to make a reservation takes all the stress out of the evening. We had a group of seven and our table was ready when we got there. Thanks Brown Bottle!Special Features:
- Nothing bad about it. AllOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009Nothing bad about it. All good. A great place to eat and celebrate!Special Features:
- Our first choice from nowbjengakingDined on 11/7/2009Our first choice from now on when we are in Iowa City/Coralville area! A short drive from the Coral Ridge Mall hotel area, good food, great service and reasonable prices. Friendly, nice staff.Special Features: