819 Rue Conti St.
New Orleans, LA 70112Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.broussards.com/
- Phone: (504) 581-3866
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30 - 11:00 pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:30 - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Guy Reinbolt
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Broussard's Restaurant
Broussard’s Restaurant offers a New Orleans interpretation of traditional Continental European Cuisine in an historically significant setting nestled in the French Quarter. Blending the glamour and refinement of the past with a stylish sense of modernity, Broussard’s provides an atmosphere of understated elegance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Broussard's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)romantic (39)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (21)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (16)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (13)scenic view (7)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014we arrived on time but that was early for the dinner crowd we had the place to ourselves for awhile the staff treated us like royalty and the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- A nice French placenawlinsDined on 11/8/2014Mostly France is know for wine and bad attitudes. This place was an exception, the wait staff was amazing. If they had been a bit more attentive to water glasses needing filled and getting us out of there when we waited 7 minutes for the check, I may have reviewed the service higher. I had a seafood dish with two filets stuff with crab, it was outstanding. My wife was pressured by the server to get something else and she did not like it. The bananas foster dessert tableside show is an amazing spectacle, I wish we had not been so full or we would have tried it.Special Features:
- Live4foodDined on 11/7/2014The wine that was recommended by our waiter was superb, the pheasant was excellently prepared and the dover sole was wonderful. The wait staff was excellent their jobs. We will recommend this restaurant to all our friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavy on the sauce!Love2eatoutDined on 11/6/2014Old New Orleans. Elegant dining and the service was attentive but not hanging all over you which was appreciated. The wine selected by the waiter was very good and not the most expensive on the list either, which was also appreciated. The food relied on the sauces for flavor rather than letting the real flavor of the oysters, ostrich and lamb come through. Better than Commander's Palace but not as good as Emeril's New Orleans. After appetizer, 1 bottle of wine, and entree, no dessert and gratuity the bill came to about $120. per person. Lunch may be a nicer way to experience this kind of atmosphere and may be a better value.Special Features:
- Amazing food- beautiful restaurantJrrrDined on 11/1/2014There are so many things to love about this place. The service is warm and attentive. The food is the best we had in the 5 nights we spent in the French Quarter, and believe me we tried many of the top tier places. The patio was booked the night we were there, but it looked lively and enticing. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SweetiepieDined on 10/26/2014Chef Guy was amazing! Very personable! We had an out of town guests and they were really impressed that the Chef came out into the dinning room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoped for BetterDianahRDined on 10/25/2014We dined outside in their beautiful patio. The lights were romantic and the ambiance was quite nice. Our table was not so impressive: a cold metal table with no cushions that slanted dramatically to one side. It looked like the one we have in our backyard. Ambiance was nice, waitstaff was great, food was a disappointing: Started with the Scallops: delicious I ordered the lamb: Very fatty, incredibly salty (especially the potatoes), barely any crab. The dish was like my ex boyfriend: perfect on paper, but disappointing in real life. My boyfriend ordered the ostrich: Good, but not $40 good. Not even close.Special Features:
- disappointingdrpkotDined on 10/24/2014A beautiful restaurant, with a great outdoor setting. Services was wonderful and the head waiter highly recommended the wild ostriche. Half of our party of 9 ordered it. The rest were delighted with their food but those of us who ordered the ostriche found it t be extremely tough. TO their credit, they took it off the bill, but one does expect that this will not happen at such a fine restaurant and especially when it was something they touted as a special. I was pleased that they readily acknowledged the problem, however, the waiter then came to the table and told us to be sure not to take it out on him in our gratuities. This was truly insulting! we gave a good tip, but on our next visit will not be visiting BroussardsSpecial Features:
- Rare GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Excellent service, innovative cuisine with an excellent wine list served in uncrowded ambienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencegreatbirthdaydinnerDined on 10/18/2014The ambiance is very nice. Great service. Food presentation greatSpecial Features:
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Waitress was very good. support staff was lacking.Special Features:
- Old Southern Charm!RushVIPDined on 10/12/2014Elegant dining room with delicious food & great wait staff... Eggs Benedict ... champagne ... bananas foster (table-side)... step back in time ... perfect Sunday Brunch and did not want the moment to end! Reminds me of the time when men "dressed-up" wear a jacket and impress your date! Wonderful way to spend two hours in the beautiful French Quarter ...Special Features:
- Had a nice time however:DrfunDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I return to New Orleans about every five years. We dined at broussards five years ago and had such a memorable time we returned. Although we had a nice time, it wasn't exactly the same. Small things: our cocktails were oddly constructed. For example my wife's martini which we ordered with a twist came out with a lemon wedge? My sazerac had no garnish? Our service staff was attentive but we would have ordered another cocktail if asked. There appeared to be a need for additional serving staff. My food was very good. However I noticed greasy appearing finger prints on most on the dishes? In conclusion. Was good sort of, sadly has declined from previous experience. We will likely not return
- Family Dinner in New OrleansmemphismimiDined on 10/10/2014We had a wonderful dinner with our family in New Orleans. While we were all staying at different locations, it was nice to meet up for a perfect dinner evening. The food and the service was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOLA FavoritefourlettersDined on 10/10/2014Brousards has become one of our favorites. The service is highly refined and excellent. Dishes are prepared to perfection. Must add to your dining experience when in NOLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and slowYummyDined on 10/6/2014The place looks amazing. Beautiful bar and dining area. Knowledgeable bar tender and great drinks with cute period glasses. Nice staff but things moved extremely slow and mistakes were made with orders. The slowness is what unfortunately, turned me off to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Bad experiencefqdinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014My appetizer was forgotten and came long after the rest of the table had finished theirs. My entree was cold. All drinks (including glasses of wine) took forever. Head waiter could not have cared less and never apologized. That said, the two other gentlemen serving our table were attentive, apologetic, and tried to make things right. Nonetheless, I will never go back.
- Etienne is amazingWeLiveToEatVIPDined on 9/28/2014What great food, what a beautiful room, what incredible service! Etienne is fantastic and knowledgeable and interesting. We took some friends here after Sunday Mass - and they were absolutely delighted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to be backNOLAfanDined on 9/27/2014New ownership has not changed this gem. This is a special place. Old style New Orleans. Outstanding food, wine list and service.Special Features:
- One of the BestLuvgreatfoodDined on 9/26/2014We came to New Orleans for a special weekend. Broussard's was always a favorite of mine when I lived here in the 70's and 80's. I knew it had changed hands, but I hoped it was still a romantic and good restaurant. I was in for a major surprise. The restaurant has been totally redone and is absolutely stunning. The food was superb and the service was world class. We ate at one of the more famous restaurants the second night and it could not compare with Broussard's. Every single thing at Broussard's was perfect. It was a special night for us and they made it even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Broussard's food is over salted, over cooked & undeliveres on its so called famous name! The servers were great, so was the venue, but the food was very dispointing!!! It's not worth the visit, when there are so many better restaurants than Broussard's in New Orleans!Special Features:
- Forget it111nlaurelDined on 9/21/2014Worst service- took 3 hours!! Only bananas foster was goodSpecial Features:
- Lovely Sunday BrunchrestauranteaterDined on 9/21/2014My roommate and I wanted a fancier Sunday brunch and decided on Broussard's. Although on the more expensive side, the Sunday Jazz Brunch included bottomless mimosas (and they truly were bottomless), a three man jazz ensemble (who took requests!) and amazing service from the staff. They were so accommodating the food was delicious. Highly recommend if you want a fancier Sunday brunch!Special Features:
- This is class place excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/14/2014Do not let the plain exterior fool you this is an exceptional restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Wonderful restaurant for a special occasion. The waiters were extremely professional, friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Great Brunch spotLindsey60Dined on 9/7/2014Food and service outstanding. Large portions and pretty presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingmarlinmustdineDined on 8/30/2014My first dine at Broussard's and definitely will not be my last. From the food, the service, the setting: ALL PERFECT. The entire staff made note to make my the evening a great experience.Special Features:
- Old world NO styleJsfoodieDined on 8/27/2014This is a traditional NO style restaurant. We were there mid week in August - a slow time. The restaurant was very quiet and only a few tables were full. The 3course price fix was a good deal. It was a drawn out meal and something old fashioned about it. The food was good, but for frequent restaurant diners, it was not the kind of place we are used to. The service was good- a senior waiter/captain who helped us with our choices and prepared bananas foster tableside. The rest of the wait staff replenished drinks and was friendly. It was a good experience, but with so many choices in this city, not a place we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and averageOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014We've had much better food at other restaurants in the Quarter. There's an expectation at that price point and they did not meet it for us.
- Kids first time in NOLA!PghChrisDined on 8/17/2014We wanted to take our 7 & 9 yr old to someplace special for brunch on their first trip to New Orleans! Everything was great, the 3 piece band played to compliment the brunch and not overpower it. The menu was perfect for both the kids and parents. And nothing is better than Bananas Foster prepared at your table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Romantic EveninggwheelerVIPDined on 8/16/2014I went to Broussardd's looking for a romantic, special occasion, date-night spot. It was perfect! The attention to detail with the service and presentation was wonderful and the romantic corrider in the back of the restaurant with a view of the quaint courtyard was wonderful. If I lived in New Orleans, I would choose it consistently for anniversaries and other special celebration moments!Special Features:
- Anniversary Date-success!mmhmmDined on 8/15/2014As our original plans fell through, we needed a quick back up plan and wanted somewhere nice, we chose Broussard's. It was quite the experience for a couple like us (young family with 2 small children), we usually go to kid-friendly restaurants and do not get to spoil ourselves often. We had foods we'd never heard of, great wine choices, treated spectacularly by all of the staff. Everything we ordered was absolutely delicious, we left very satisfied! However, it was a special occasion type of outing due to the cost, which was not unreasonable considering the quality of food and service, but we're usually looking for practical. I had scallops for the first time ever as an appetizer, I'm so glad I waited, it didn't disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service/food in New OrleansWendyDined on 8/10/2014I'm gluten free and the service was amazing, the staff was very knowledgable about what dishes were safe (almost everything). The food had great flavor, best restaurant in New Orleans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JakeMegDined on 8/7/2014Everything we had was wonderful and service, after the initial taking a little long to get our water and menus, was great. We ordered from the Coolinary menu in August which meant $35 3-course meals. We figured we would leave the place hungry seeing as how we only paid $35, however the portions were juat enouhh to leave us fat and happy:) I ordered the Rosemary lemon chicken with blue cheese potatoes - it was very tender and juicy with a fantastic gravy sauce and potatoes were yummy. My husband ordered the lamb chops and oooh my were they amazing. Dessert was creme brulee that I ate as slow as I could as to savor every bite. Def was a highlight of our trip to the NOLA!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014Very good food. Ostrich was amazingly tender, fish dishes were perfectly cooked; Classic creole. Maybe a notch below Arnaud's and Commander's but certainly worth slipping on a sport coat (even in August). Good wine list with choices at various price points. Service was outstanding. Waiter and Captain had in depth knowledge of menu and wine list and adapted some servings to our requests. Beautiful setting. Very convenient location. Above average $$$, but then again above average food, wine and service.Special Features:
- Elegance and flavors combinedWeLiveToEatVIPDined on 8/3/2014Very nice Jazz Brunch. Tons of flavorful items on the menu. Bottomless Mimosa's. What more could you need on a lazy Sunday?Special Features:
- OpentableuserVIPDined on 8/3/2014Very enjoyable Sunday jazz brunch. We had a great conversation with their very knowledgable bartender. Food was very tasty. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceKittyMommaVIPDined on 8/3/2014What a wonderful venue. Great food and excellent service allowed us to linger and thoroughly enjoy our Sunday brunch. The jazz band was a welcome treat.Special Features:
- Stale fish?NOF99VIPDined on 7/31/2014Very uneven. The pompano was old. That's unforgivable in a place like Broussard's. The pork was spectacular. Service: wonderful.
- A memorable evening!SusanHelenDined on 7/31/2014I've lived in New Orleans for 15 years and somehow had overlooked this wonderful restaurant. We were celebrating a special occasion and the staff made it a memorable evening. The food exceeded was outstanding! The service exceeded our expectations. Highly recommend this place for a special evening or just an evening when you want special food. The bar is also a great place to have cocktails and an appetizer. We plan to go back for brunch.Special Features: