819 Rue Conti St.
New Orleans, LA 70112Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.broussards.com/
- Phone: 504-581-3866x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30 - 11:00 pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:30 - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Guy Reinbolt
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Broussard's Restaurant
Broussard’s Restaurant offers a New Orleans interpretation of traditional Continental European Cuisine in an historically significant setting nestled in the French Quarter. Blending the glamour and refinement of the past with a stylish sense of modernity, Broussard’s provides an atmosphere of understated elegance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Broussard's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (53)romantic (44)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (23)great for brunch (21)notable wine list (20)great for outdoor dining (14)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (9)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- This is class place excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/14/2014Do not let the plain exterior fool you this is an exceptional restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch spotLindsey60Dined on 9/7/2014Food and service outstanding. Large portions and pretty presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingmarlinmustdineDined on 8/30/2014My first dine at Broussard's and definitely will not be my last. From the food, the service, the setting: ALL PERFECT. The entire staff made note to make my the evening a great experience.Special Features:
- Old world NO styleJsfoodieDined on 8/27/2014This is a traditional NO style restaurant. We were there mid week in August - a slow time. The restaurant was very quiet and only a few tables were full. The 3course price fix was a good deal. It was a drawn out meal and something old fashioned about it. The food was good, but for frequent restaurant diners, it was not the kind of place we are used to. The service was good- a senior waiter/captain who helped us with our choices and prepared bananas foster tableside. The rest of the wait staff replenished drinks and was friendly. It was a good experience, but with so many choices in this city, not a place we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and averageOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014We've had much better food at other restaurants in the Quarter. There's an expectation at that price point and they did not meet it for us.
- Kids first time in NOLA!PghChrisDined on 8/17/2014We wanted to take our 7 & 9 yr old to someplace special for brunch on their first trip to New Orleans! Everything was great, the 3 piece band played to compliment the brunch and not overpower it. The menu was perfect for both the kids and parents. And nothing is better than Bananas Foster prepared at your table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Romantic EveninggwheelerVIPDined on 8/16/2014I went to Broussardd's looking for a romantic, special occasion, date-night spot. It was perfect! The attention to detail with the service and presentation was wonderful and the romantic corrider in the back of the restaurant with a view of the quaint courtyard was wonderful. If I lived in New Orleans, I would choose it consistently for anniversaries and other special celebration moments!Special Features:
- Anniversary Date-success!mmhmmDined on 8/15/2014As our original plans fell through, we needed a quick back up plan and wanted somewhere nice, we chose Broussard's. It was quite the experience for a couple like us (young family with 2 small children), we usually go to kid-friendly restaurants and do not get to spoil ourselves often. We had foods we'd never heard of, great wine choices, treated spectacularly by all of the staff. Everything we ordered was absolutely delicious, we left very satisfied! However, it was a special occasion type of outing due to the cost, which was not unreasonable considering the quality of food and service, but we're usually looking for practical. I had scallops for the first time ever as an appetizer, I'm so glad I waited, it didn't disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service/food in New OrleansWendyDined on 8/10/2014I'm gluten free and the service was amazing, the staff was very knowledgable about what dishes were safe (almost everything). The food had great flavor, best restaurant in New Orleans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JakeMegDined on 8/7/2014Everything we had was wonderful and service, after the initial taking a little long to get our water and menus, was great. We ordered from the Coolinary menu in August which meant $35 3-course meals. We figured we would leave the place hungry seeing as how we only paid $35, however the portions were juat enouhh to leave us fat and happy:) I ordered the Rosemary lemon chicken with blue cheese potatoes - it was very tender and juicy with a fantastic gravy sauce and potatoes were yummy. My husband ordered the lamb chops and oooh my were they amazing. Dessert was creme brulee that I ate as slow as I could as to savor every bite. Def was a highlight of our trip to the NOLA!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014Very good food. Ostrich was amazingly tender, fish dishes were perfectly cooked; Classic creole. Maybe a notch below Arnaud's and Commander's but certainly worth slipping on a sport coat (even in August). Good wine list with choices at various price points. Service was outstanding. Waiter and Captain had in depth knowledge of menu and wine list and adapted some servings to our requests. Beautiful setting. Very convenient location. Above average $$$, but then again above average food, wine and service.Special Features:
- Elegance and flavors combinedWeLiveToEatVIPDined on 8/3/2014Very nice Jazz Brunch. Tons of flavorful items on the menu. Bottomless Mimosa's. What more could you need on a lazy Sunday?Special Features:
- OpentableuserVIPDined on 8/3/2014Very enjoyable Sunday jazz brunch. We had a great conversation with their very knowledgable bartender. Food was very tasty. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceKittyMommaVIPDined on 8/3/2014What a wonderful venue. Great food and excellent service allowed us to linger and thoroughly enjoy our Sunday brunch. The jazz band was a welcome treat.Special Features:
- Stale fish?NOF99VIPDined on 7/31/2014Very uneven. The pompano was old. That's unforgivable in a place like Broussard's. The pork was spectacular. Service: wonderful.
- A memorable evening!SusanHelenDined on 7/31/2014I've lived in New Orleans for 15 years and somehow had overlooked this wonderful restaurant. We were celebrating a special occasion and the staff made it a memorable evening. The food exceeded was outstanding! The service exceeded our expectations. Highly recommend this place for a special evening or just an evening when you want special food. The bar is also a great place to have cocktails and an appetizer. We plan to go back for brunch.Special Features:
- Delightful DinnerR8TRDined on 7/28/2014After driving for two days from Ohio, we wanted a special dinner to celebrate our arrival in New Orleans. Broussard's was a great choice! The service was efficient and friendly and provided excellent recommendations on both wine and food. The food was not only delicious but also beautifully plated and the atmosphere was elegant. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UKFoodieDined on 7/27/2014Starters and desserts excellent but main courses over salted. Seated in corner noise from centre tables slightly OTT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broussard's is Outstanding!JoeandSueDined on 7/22/2014My wife and I ate at Broussard's last Tuesday night and it was fantastic! Spotless facility, great ambiance, very attentive staff, and food that was out of this world. The turtle soup that the Chef sent us a sample of was out of this world. I went with my waiter's [Etiene Defelice]recommendation and had the gumbo for an appetizer and the Ostrich steak for my entree. Both were amazing, I have never had better. We topped the evening of with Banana's Fosters prepared table-side. My wife and I greatly enjoyed our evening there. Of the four restaurants we had dinner at on our weeks vacation in New Orleans Broussard's was the best, hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceizzyDined on 7/19/2014A beautiful dining room and wonderful patio are the most appealing aspects of this restaurant. The food was good but not outstanding. My fish was overcooked on the ages and undercooked in the middle. Not good for an entree of $34.00. However, the dover sole was perfect. Our charcuterie was wonderful as was the recommended wine. Table side bananas foster was excellent. Overall, I would go back but perhaps choose a different menu item.Special Features:
- DisapointmentSingerDined on 7/15/2014Broussard's has always been a favorite of ours for many, many years. This evening was much different. In spite of good service, the food was terrible - hard to find the oysters for all the special, complicated sauces - on the snapper, could only identify a shrimp, the sauce was so heavy - the scallops were buried under potato galette that tasted like cardboard - the salad was swimming in dressing. The chef seems to have gone totally overboard with sauces and spices to the detriment of the food. Unless there are some changes, we do not see us returning. And, others must feel the same way as there were only 5 tables occupied the night we were there. So sad. The management needs to go back to some of the old Broussard recipes.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant seemed different on the website but we were pleasantly surprised once we arrived. Thought we were getting away from the craze of Bourbon and ended up right next to it! Food and service was amazing, everyone was very personable.Special Features:
- TutoDined on 7/4/2014nice quiet restaurant close to Bourbon Street, and French Quarter Hotels. The food is very good, but pricey. The attention excellent. The bar is also very good. Quiet atmosphere which we enjoyed very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THUMBS DOWN!PrizedPoetandPalVIPDined on 7/3/2014The place is a wonderful example of old world refinement. The food was a disappointment beginning to end. The rillette was less flavorful than several pates I buy at the grocery store. The carpaccio was way salty and the oysters menage a tois was a hot mess-- three oyster shells filled with three different sauces and (it it to be presumed) oysters. My only indication of them was the grit in one and the bits of shell in the other two. The sorbet was oddly textured and crumbled when spooned, rather like packed snow. Almost everything missed the mark. I know I ate something else, but had forgotten what it was by the time I got back to my room. The most memorable thing about the meal was it's total lack of memorability.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014Exceptional service, beautiful surroundings, delicious food and all while being serenaded by live jazz musicians. Not to miss.Special Features:
- Beautiful Delicious SnootyBagsrpackedVIPDined on 6/28/2014What a gorgeous dining room. Around the corner from the noise of Bourbon Street and you'd never know it. The food is rich and nicely prepared. Our waitress was friendly. But she disappeared and a captain with airs did his best to try and ruin our evening. He intruded as much as possible, insisting on explaining the menu and asking for our order before we'd been asked about a cocktail. The waitress had told us their mixologist was one of the best. Then pacing was rushed the rest of the night. Except for when we were out if wine or we talked way too long over empty plates. Appetizers came before our drinks and the wine came immediately after. We poured our own wine. We left before dessert, tired of the uneven attention. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nolaman12Dined on 6/28/2014Very disappointed! The waiters were not professional. They spoke about other tables in front of everyone. They rolled there eyes after speaking to customers. They had discussions in the dinning room.Special Features:
- very disappointedLocalstaycationersDined on 6/27/2014Went with my wife for a staycation dinner. We were looking forward to the new Broussards and all the changes we have heard. My wife had a red fish plate that was terrible. She could not eat it. It was burned on botton not grilled and not cooked on the top. I had a trout with crawfish, shrimp, crab, and oyster. It was a gumbo on a plate with tomatoe gravy and green something. Both were aweful. It's obvious the chef does not know New Orleans cooking or cajun fare. The manager took care of it and took the food away. He said it was a new menu and it felt as if it was something he had heard before. I hope they turn it around or the old landmark restaurant maybe in for a rude new awakening. Did not bother with desert already were disappointed.Special Features:
- UnfortunateprofessorDined on 6/27/2014Everything was perfect except the food. The batter on the Gulf Shrimp tasted like someone had dumped the entire salt container into the batter; it was too salty to eat. However, the competence and friendliness of the staff rendered the visit to a pleasurable experience. The room was elegantly decorated, pristine table clothes and beautiful dining ware.Special Features:
- IronmansushiDined on 6/23/2014Go excellent service..food was mediocre. I think I had high expectations.
- ServiceBillDined on 6/22/2014From the start, service was great. Seated on time, prompt service for drinks and menu choices were varied. Waiters and matre de were always ready to serve.Special Features:
- Perfect Jazz Brunch!aimeenolaDined on 6/22/2014Broussard's is our favorite place for brunch in New Orleans. Brunch is a three course meal all inclusive of your entree price. There are brunch classics such as Eggs Benedict, but also New Orleans classics. I got the Eggs Versailles (poached egg, salmon, brioche and of course hollandaise sauce) which was amazing! There are also a bottomless mimosas offered for $12 (got to love that). What a great way to spend your Sunday. The service is top notch, and don't forget about the Jazz Band they are a group of talented musicians - sure to know your favorite song. Come here for a special occasion, or any occasion it's just a wonderful time!Special Features:
- A Must In Nola!!!GoudaIsGoodaDined on 6/21/2014This restaurant defines classic French, Classic Nola. It is incredibly elegant and a lovely romantic spot. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stingerDined on 6/16/2014the service was very attentive and excellent. The surroundings was nice. The food was mediocre, at best. Would not go back.Special Features:
- The perfect 'fancy' brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014We came in for brunch. It was busy so they had a hard time seating us at our reservation time, but once we sat down I knew it was worth it. Amazing service, GREAT food, and bottomless mimosas--which they didn't rush you on at all. Overall my favorite stop in NOLA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Father's Day Brunch!nolafoodieDined on 6/15/2014I took my dad and grandfather this past Sunday for Father's Day and they both loved it. They loved the restaurant and the food. The bottomless mimosas were terrific and the wait staff kept them coming. For the price, the 3-course brunch with bottomless mimosas is where it's at. The food was very good, the service was excellent and the jazz trio playing music made my grandfather cry. He said this was the best Father's Day he's ever had.Special Features:
- Wonderful Jazz BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/15/2014This was our first time dining here and we were not disappointed. The service and the food was amazing. Special thanks to Etienne who was our wonderful captain (server) for the day. He truly made our Father's Day brunch experience a great one. We will continue to dine here for brunch and looking forward to trying them for dinner also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kl3loOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Our first time to New Orleans and with so many restaurants to choose from, of the ones we visited this was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRegularVIPDined on 6/11/2014Although the ambience was excellent, the food was mostly unmemorable. The crab bisque was very good. But the oysters were off. And the fish entree was cool and didn't have much flavor. Nice place with nice personnel. But it wasn't very good.Special Features:
- Awesome Brunch!FoodiegurlDined on 6/8/2014What a great deal! Appetizer and Dessert included in price of Brunch entree and $12 bottomless mimosas! Complete with jazz band. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.