Brother Jimmy's BBQ-New Brunswick
5 Easton Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Brother Jimmy's BBQ-New Brunswick
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brotherjimmys.com/locations/new-brunswick
- Phone: 732-249-7427x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Tues = 4PM - ?
Wed - Sun= 11:30AM - ?
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Takeout
A word from Brother Jimmy's BBQ-New Brunswick
Put some South in yo' Mouth! at Brother Jimmy's BBQ. We serve down home cooking with southern hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Brother Jimmy's BBQ-New Brunswick - Best Restaurants in New Brunswick ›
Brother Jimmy's BBQ-New Brunswick reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (11)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (7)fit for foodies (7)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- MikegeeDined on 8/30/2014service was poor - they were short staffed, management didn't seem to eager to assist
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Although the restaurant has great food and service, it is necessary to park in the public parking lot where you will pay $5+. So bring a runner if you plan to take out your order or bring an extra $10 for parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a find!AmericanDreamDined on 8/16/2014I am a big fan of bbque food and great beers so this was a real spur of the moment "open table" special. The waitress we had was extremely attentive from start to finish and gave great suggestions and steered us away based upon our tastes. The ribs app was huge for two and very well prepared. The fried chicken that I had was decently prepared and not greasy. It was very meaty with went well with the mac and cheese side dish. My wife had the baby back ribs and they were tasty and juicy with her side of fried okra. The specialty beer were good and we were so stuffed we had to walk off our meal and head over to Thomas Sweets for desserts. A potential drawback to this place is the parking situation in New Brunswick but it is worth the pain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQ!JamesVIPDined on 8/9/2014Clean, warm,fun, atmosphere and delicious food. This place is a welcome addition to the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Tasty selectionsMackDined on 8/2/2014This is a great spot for BBQ. The ribs were tender and tasty. My husband got the fried chicken sandwich. He said it was moist and tender. The waitress was very personable. It gets crowded on the weekends. I suggest making a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MillieandjakeDined on 7/25/2014Fantastic pulled pork! Used to live in the south (Georgia), and missed "real" southern BBQ - but now we know where to go! Carolina BBQ, even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BBQ ChoiceScarletBisonDined on 6/14/2014We went to Brother Jimmy's for an early Fathers day Lunch on a Saturday. They seemed to be only seating folks in the semi outdoor area (2 garage door style walls open) which was fine with us, but they had jammed too many tables into the place making it nearly impossible for the servers or guests to get around with asking people to move. The BBQ was very good and the Pig Pick platter was enough for me to bring a good take away box for saturday night seconds. The ribs, brisket, and pulled pork were good as far as smoke flavor, but were helped by the table sauces available. I thought the BBQ Chicken was a little dry. the kids enjoyed the lemonade in masons jars. Also the fried brussel sprouts were super.Special Features:
- BBQ excellentElizabet34Dined on 5/31/2014Second visit to Brother Jimmys in New Brunswick. Will continue to patronize this restaurant whose ribs are mouth-watering delicious. Still trying to decide which is better, dry rub or bbq sauce.. Have to keep sampling. Portions good, sides adequate, bar awesome!Special Features:
- real dealbppaDined on 5/25/2014The food was excellent and the atmosphere was as expected. The service was a bit in need, but we attribute this to the relatively high load on a memorial day weekend with a large number of events going on in the area. They should have added staff to handled the high load. As a result, we waited past our reservation time while tables remained empty due to the staffing issues. Once we got on, the food and waited service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQMpLangloisVIPDined on 5/23/2014Always fun, with good food and awesome drinks! The beer selection is great and the fish bowl drink is cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 15 reviews are from the Brother Jimmy's BBQ-New Brunswick reviews archive.
- Best ribs in the stateMantolokingVIPDined on 5/4/2014Against our better judgement having read mixed reviews, hunger prevailed. Yay hunger. The food and service wonderful for a roll your sleeves up and enjoy venue. Yes the servers were college students, what's not to love. Energetic and fun. The ribs, marbled brisket and wedge salad were excellent. Chewy just enough smoked tender ribs, melt in your mouth brisket, over the top wedge salad with great onion strings and just enough tomato, bacon blue cheese dressing. Sides of corn bread, pickles, fired brussel sprouts (yes really good) and Mac and cheese made a food merry-go-round on a platterSpecial Features:
- blandjames0609Dined on 4/26/2014The mac & cheese, the french fries, the (hamburger) sliders & even the cornbread all lacked flavor. I had much higher expectations but left disappointed in the food. Nice place, some fun extras & very good service but they need to improve their food products & tastes.Special Features:
- NJ BBQjrosen18VIPDined on 4/19/2014I have eaten at the Brother Jimmy's in Murray Hill NYC and was excited to hear about one coming to NJ. I thought the decor was great, and there was a lot of TV's for sports. The portions are huge! My husband and I could have shared a half order of ribs and been full. We both liked the frickles, mac and cheese, and sweet potato fries. The corn bread had about a pound of butter in it and was pretty bad. All and all it was not bad for NJ BBQ.Special Features:
- Late-Night FindwestvillagefoodieVIPDined on 4/18/2014Brother Jimmy's BBQ is a place for a relax scene. You get the bar area which is usually packed but when I arrive there is almost always a place to sit. The waitress was very friendly and kept checking on us to make sure we were taken care of. The drinks were good and the food was ok. Usually I don't care for the food, mostly the atmosphere and drinks. This is always a place I can rely on for a late night snack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQauntdb215Dined on 3/29/2014Food was great as was the service. Really enjoyed the BBQ options!Special Features:
- Not Worth It!costumedesignerDined on 3/8/2014Service was bad, our waitress was drinking shots! I had 2 vouchers for dinner and was told I could only use one (it was extremely unclearly worded). Asking to speak to the manager he had no interest in keeping our group of 7 adults happy enough to come back to his restaurant, he had a very uninterested attitude.Special Features:
- great!yummyfoodexcitesDined on 3/7/2014Accommodated our group of 24 beautifully and lots of raves about food and service! Comped swampwaters at end an awesome touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eats!LondipopDined on 1/5/2014Don't let my food rating of a 3 deter you from checking out Brother Jimmy's. It was a fun spot and we would definitely go again. The service was great, the ambiance was fun, and the menu had some yummy, classic southern finds to go along with their ribs. Silly me ordered the mini burgers. They were a bit dry and tasteless. However, everyone who ordered BBQ, (what the place is known for), truly enjoyed their meal. We will certainly go back...and I will order BBQ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food - tons of tv's,sparkyDined on 1/4/2014Very Good Food - tons of tv's, great drink menu, fun place for our gang of 10. Barbeque is the game here and the consensus of our group was thumbs up. Appetizers and entrees were all +plus. My ribs were delish and the wings (smoky and spicy but not dripping in sauce - you can add your own) were very good. Service accomodating and friendly. Recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2014This was our first time in the restaurant. The food was very good but the flavor is missing an oomph that's why I only gave it a 4 star. It was a pleasant surprise to have my 2 kids eat for free since my husband and I ordered an entree at least $15. We will come back again.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedDFoodStarrVIPDined on 9/8/2013Me and my wife were in the mood for BBQ and decided to give Brother Jimmy's a try and we weren't impressed at all... the food lacked flavor. The Sauces had no punch and were lifeless.Special Features:
- Little pricey for Ribs (forRLC325Dined on 8/31/2013Little pricey for Ribs (for half-racks), decent sides, but overall quite good. Sliders good, but small.
- Great Food, Drink, Service, SettingLove2LiveDined on 6/16/2013It was Father's Day, and our server was wonderful. The ribs, bourbon pork sandwich, and sides were delicious. Th draft beer was a bargain, and the Honey Badger specialty drink was big and tasty. We love the location. Across from the New Brunswick, NJ train station... trains whizzing by, and the hustle and bustle of the arriving, and departing passengers. Total satisfying experience! Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RibsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2013I thoroughly enjoyed the ribs, and I'm a rib connoisseur. Try this place for lunch or dinner and the service was efficient and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night Out In New BrunswickAlbonDined on 12/8/2012Overall the food was very good. I'm am not a rib eater. The restaurant worked with me and made a combination plate with chicken & brisket. My brisket was dry but helped greatly by the delicious sauce that was on the table. The chicken was great. My wife ordered the blackened fish. However, it didn't have the kick that she was anticipating. Interesting note: The manager came over to ask if we enjoyed everything and my wife told him of her disappointment. His response was that they have heard the same comment before and he would let the kitchen know. We will definitely return to the restaurant to give it another try. Since the restaurant is new and most of the food was delicious, why not!Special Features: