225 W Main St
Charlottesville, VA 22902Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://brookvillerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (434) 202-2791
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Tuesday-Friday 11:30 AM-2:30 PM
Brunch Saturday & Sunday 11:00 AM-2:00 AM
Dinner Tuesday-Saturday Kitchen Opens 5:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Harrison Keevil
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Brookville is now offering a dinner service that we call “Brookville Brings It.” Whether you want a nice meal for your family or are looking to entertain a large group this is your solution! For groups of 4-100 wanting a stress free dinner option, we can guide you through the process of ordering one protein and four sides from the selection available. The menus change with the seasons and our staff will be happy to guide you through the dishes available.
Please call 434-202-2791 or email BrookvilleRestaurant@gmail.com.
- Private Party Contact: Taylor Harbin 4342022791x
- Special Events: We have hosted all types of special occasions at Brookville Restaurant, including rehearsal dinners, birthdays, and more. We are very flexible and can discuss what your needs may be!
Please contact Taylor Harbin at BrookvilleRestaurant@gmail.com
A word from Brookville Restaurant
At Brookville Restaurant we are Farm Fresh Food From VA served in a world class neighborhood setting where we celebrate our community & friends. Charlottesville locals Harrison and Jennifer Keevil source more than 95% of their ingredients from local small farmers, foragers and our very own Chef's Garden. Our food is created with seasonal fixings inspired by our love of food and taking care of people. We believe in sustainable agriculture, respect for nature and our community. So come on up and hang out with us!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Brookville Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Charlottesville ›
Brookville Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)great for brunch (11)romantic (10)special occasion (9)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (4)good for groups (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- BrookvillelocalfoodfanDined on 11/8/2014Good news - charming setting and great location on Charlottesville's Downtown Mall. Bad news - the menu need work. There was no soup offered on a chilly evening in November, the pork belly was all fat and gristle, the plates were very naked (not even a pickle with sandwiches) and just overall disappointing. Did have an interesting cocktail menu and really nice servers. Restaurant did not charge for small plate we sent back and that was nice.
- Great Brunch ScenesparklymegzDined on 11/2/2014My family met in Charlottesville as it was a halfway point. I knew nothing about any of the local restaurants. One of my friends had recommended Brookville as a fantastic place for brunch. They were right. The pancakes were aaaamaaazing. The eggs were perfectly cooked. The staff was friendly and professional. I was impressed, and I'd definitely make another trip out to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brookville AwesomeBobBlackburnDined on 11/1/2014The food at Brookville is memorable. The unique twists to classic dishes,staying true to their Farm to Table roots! You don't want to miss this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in C'VilleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This is a true gem. I've only been three times and each time I leave happier than the last. Fantastic service. Excellent beer/wine selection. The burger is worth every penny and more. French toast with ice cream for dessert was heavenly. LOVE LOVE LOVE this place for local, pork-centric food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, but maybe a bit muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We went for dinner and each ordered our own entree. My husband had the burger and I had the vegetable ragout over grits. I loved my dish, especially the egg on top. My husband really liked the burger at first, but it was huge and really rich, and wasn't feeling the greatest by the time he was done. By the end of it he didn't enjoy the burger as much as when he started eating it. We had the pain perdu (french toast) over icecream for dessert, which was delicious. Good wine, nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youBaileyaDined on 10/18/2014The food was great, we had the 5 course chefs tasting menu. Great selections by the chef especially the apple pear salad and ham salad. The ham was an extra perk as a anniversary gift from the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKBBX5Dined on 10/17/2014Great restaurant for fresh, creative and great food. They use local ingredients, even for the wine and beer! Yummy.Special Features:
- AMAZING food - awesome experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014We came to Brookville to celebrate our one year anniversary and my husband's birthday as a surprise to him. I noted this in my reservation, and upon our arrival we were greeted with complimentary champagne - so awesome! Our server was incredibly knowledgeable and fun, and the food was phenomenal. Everything we had was amazing! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Brunch placeBeckyDined on 10/12/2014The food was good...we ordered one of the very large pancakes..the problem is it was burned on the bottom and did not know till my husband began to eat it. The waitress was very nice and took the the cost off of our bill. The food was good a different twist on brunch. I understand that they change their menu seasonally . I had the seasonal Ragu over grits and two eggs on top and was very good, different twist but very clever presentation. Very nice dining area, in two rooms nicely arranged with white table cloths and comfy chairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DisappointmentLoveToEatDined on 10/11/2014After all the great reviews, I was looking forward to trying Brookville. We went for a Saturday brunch. The atmosphere is very cute, but the brunch menu is extremely limited. We were seated right away and our server was pleasant, but after we placed our orders we waited for an hour to get our food -- and then only after we complained. There only seemed to be 2 people working that day, and once we were given a glass of water and some bread, no one ever checked on us again, not even to fill our water glasses. Once we complained, the food came soon after and they agreed to comp both meals, which was nice of them. But the food was very basic and skimpy for the price, and that combined with the slow service will keep us from going back.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014The food at Brookeville is consistently fun, creative, delicious farm to table. The service is warm and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableLuvlocalDined on 9/12/2014Brookville offers a very enjoyable local food experience. Everything is freshly made and the flavors come through beautifully.Special Features:
- Far from a great restaurantyummytummyVIPDined on 8/22/2014The location of Brookville was very nice on the main strip of Downtown Charlottesville,and we read some really good reviews from opentable,so it was very disappointing to have such a poor to mediocre meal here.Fried green tomatoes were ok(very spicy,delicious,skimpy in the portion); tomato toast had to be sent back as the vinegar taste was overpowering. We were assured by our server that the BLT "sammy"would have really thick yummy bacon,so not sure why it looked like regular black-label type bacon, and the thick white bread wasn't even toasted. Chicken waffle dinner disappointed: waffle got mushy under the overpowering spicy sauce, chicken was lost in huge amount of batter; sweetness wasn't balanced with the spice.
- Peaceful ExperienceQuincy10Dined on 8/16/2014We arrived early Saturday night and got a table by the window so we could watch passersby on the Downtown Mall. We both had a Snack and Appetizer for dinner. My husband also got a side. Portions were average to small, which was fine for us. A bit too much fat for my likes (they're big on using the whole animal, as in bacon/bacon fat). The hot, melty Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookie was delicious.Special Features:
- Local Food & InventiveCvilleVisitorDined on 8/9/2014I was impressed that everything was locally sourced, but portions were small. The dishes themselves were inventive, but a better balance needs to be struck in things like the watermelon salad, where the spiciness of the peppers more than overwhelmed the sweetness of the watermelon. A deeper menu would also be nice for larger groups that want to try different options.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014The food was great. The restaurant definitely has a lot of pork dishes, but they have something for everyone. The carnitas were great. The grits-n-eggs were amazing. One of the best parts was the made to order bacon chocolate chip cookies. It comes out warm and gooey.Special Features:
- A GemZippoDined on 8/2/2014Our belated visit proved to be outstanding!! Originally created, locally sourced and superbly presented this might very well be one of the three best restaurants in the area. Give it a try, you won't be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 121 reviews are from the Brookville Restaurant reviews archive.
- Huge disappointmentLuvAGoodDishDined on 7/24/2014Brookville was a waste of money, calories, and time. We had the restaurant week menu which was vastly over-priced for what we got. I had what is said to be a signature dish and it was dry and awful. The cookie for dessert was a joke. This place won't last much longer in Charlottesville with other good options.
- Wonderful first visitSophdineDined on 7/23/2014This was our first visit to Brookville. We thoroughly enjoyed it! Service was great. It had a small, but well selected wine list featuring Virginia wines. We liked their emphasis on local items. We thought the appetizers were good, but ordinary. The chicken and waffle entree, however, was amazing! All the flavors blended for a perfect blend of sweet and savory. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HomeDined on 7/23/2014Food was good but not outstanding. Not enthralled with the bacon theme.Special Features:
- Love local emphasis BUTTastyThursdayDined on 7/21/2014Friendly staff, cool space. We ate during Restaurant Week on a night not normally open, which might account for the experience. Emphasis on local food meant that the bar had no rum. Wine list very short, VERY expensive, AND they were out of the 2 least expensive bottles. High-end prices but with mason jars for water and a plastic-looking "basket" of popcorn for a nibble on the table. Food interesting and local, but not flavorful ("smoked cheese dusted tomatoes" had a mere sprinkling of cheese that added NO flavor at all, peach dessert tasted wooden and tart) and extremely small portions. Service (especially considering there were few people in the room) was abysmally slow though friendly. Would not go back, nor would I recommend it.
- Very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014This was our first time dining at Brookville. Loved the zucchini stack with maple syrup and the pork chop was cooked to perfection. The kicker was the bacon chocolate chip cookie!Special Features:
- The best!ohhdinesVIPDined on 7/18/2014I absolutely love Brookville! It is, hands down, my favorite restaurant in Charlottesville. I had the fried chicken sandwich, which is much classier than it sounds, and my friend had the mushroom melt. We both loved our food and the service. It was her first time there -- I take a particular pride in introducing people the wonderful spot called Brookville.Special Features:
- wonderful creative foodShelmaVIPDined on 6/21/2014We went to Brookville based on Open Table reviews and were not disappointed! Everything was delicious, especially the bacon chocolate chip cookies1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceIsabaytaDined on 6/13/2014We had the best time. Between the best burger, bacon popcorn, grilled asparagus, plus chicken & waffles, from local sustainable farms, I'm not sure how it could have been better. That just baked bacon cookie at the end was the perfect finish to a wonderful meal. We cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Perfect Spot for a Dinner DatelivelaughloveeatlocalDined on 5/29/2014Brookville is a wonderful place to enjoy delicious food made from ingredients bought locally. The waitstaff were also very knowledgeable about everything that we ordered for dinner. My boyfriend and I started out with the sparkling wine and the cheese plate as an appetizer, and we both particularly enjoyed the Simply Cheddar Ball, which is sold at the Charlottesville Farmer's Market (as are most of the cheeses). We ordered the Lovingston Cabernet Franc as well. I got the Brookville Burger which was enormous and quite tasty. The bacon marmalade was a great touch. My boyfriend got the pork chop which he was very fond of. For dessert, we shared a waffle topped with fresh strawberries and ice cream, which was a decadent way to end our meal.Special Features:
- Always delicious!ohhdinesVIPDined on 5/25/2014Brookville is easily my favorite restaurant in Charlottesville. The food is always delicious. The service is predictably good. And the chef is consistently amazing (and kind)!Special Features:
- Dee123VIPDined on 5/24/2014Beautiful restaurant with a clear passion for food. We got to the restaurant after brunch time had ended, but they kept the kitchen open to accommodate 2 more entrees, and we are so happy they did. The bacon in the hangover cure sandwich was probably the best i've ever had. the mushroom polenta ragout was delicious as well- the first bite made me melt. the decor and staff were both very welcoming and friendly. i will remember this restaurant for a while, wish i lived closer!Special Features:
- Awesome brunch!Stumo65Dined on 5/11/2014Beware of the BFP, it belongs on an episode of man vs. food. Brook-griddle was excellent. We will return. Have had dinner hear before and we're not disappointed either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in CharlottesvillefoodiequeenDined on 4/29/2014Don't be fooled by its location in a more touristy area, quality local ingredients. Incredible hamburger, loved the ramps!Special Features:
- First TimersRickDined on 4/24/2014We've been wanting to dine at Brookville since we started coming to C'ville a few years ago. We now live here and are glad we made the time. Meal was fantastic! We had the pork belly and pasta main dishes. Both were wonderful. Salad was devine. Service excellent. Great view of the downtown mall. Only complaint was the cocktails were small and expensive. Look forward to going back again.Special Features:
- Wonderful fresh food and service.MeriwetoDined on 3/28/2014My wife and I had been interested in trying Brookville due to their unique menu and local ingredients. We received a recommendation and gift certificate from a friend and we're very happy with our dining experience. Our server was very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. We decided, since it was our 1st time, to have the Chef's 3 and 5 choice to experience 8 dishes selected by the chef. Since everything on the menu looked good, it was fun and delicious to have our courses be a surprise as they were brought out. Everything was delicious and we has a wide range of cuisines and ingredients. Everything was fresh and delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pork heavy menu but super goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014There was a lot of pork in the menu but as everything is locally sourced, that must be why. Our food was phenomenal. I would definitely recommend it! Our server knew a lot about the menu and wine list and made good recommendations for wine and cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local sources are not enoughamalDined on 3/13/2014Brookside has what looks like a determinedly eccentric menu -- the chef likes unusual pairings and boasts the use of local sources. But the food was mediocre at best. My plate --- a too dry pork chop with little flavor -- was garnished with a wisp of apple puree and fried onions; and my husband's fried chicken with bacon waffle was slightly better, but uninteresting. A sign of greens in the main ssh would have helped. The wine we ordered, however, was very good --- perhaps a strong point to the place? Like so many new places, Brookside substitutes the culinary-school look, gimmicky covers (the ball water cups, dish towel napkins) and strange pairings for good food. Definitely could not recommend this place.
- Really Great BrunchhechanDined on 3/9/2014My boyfriend and I ate here for lunch a couple of weeks ago, and it was fantastic. The place has a very friendly, laid back atmosphere, the staff was great, and the owners are committed to using fresh, local ingredients. I would definitely go back. The chicken and waffles was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent charlottesville restauranOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Excellent locally sourced food - interesting menu, very good drink list, loved my meal!! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knowledgable ServiceCourtDined on 2/26/2014Having dinner with good friends is always the best. I have to say Brookville is a gem on the downtown mall. Parker who serviced us was on point with his suggestions on menu items. The food was flavored very nicely and not over bearing in any degree. The ham and cheddar fritters were yummy. Chicken and waffles entrée is a winning combination. The restaurant itself sets the true essence and character of what Charlottesville is about. Look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serves the best product charlottesvOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014serves the best product charlottesville has to offer! and Harrison is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, much baconNickVIPDined on 2/19/2014Come for a good meal, especially if you like a foodie take on the inclusion of pig products into everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who knew pork could be so grand?DougDined on 2/14/2014I was uncertain that the pork theme of Brookville would be a fit for us -- but it was absolutely wonderful! From the bacon-fat popcorn as the muse, through the pork appetizers and main courses, it could not have been more delicious. We went (for the first time) to Brookeville on Valentine's day, and it was a wonderful mix of couples, families, friends -- all having a terrific time. The food was glorious, the service was outstanding, and the overall experience was something we want to repeat. Grand ... just grand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.