Brook's Steak House & Cellar
6538 S. Yosemite Circle
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Brook's Steak House & Cellar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brookssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (303) 770-1177
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Abel Gomez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Arapahoe
- Public Transit: Walking distance from Arapahoe at Village Center Light Rail station as well as Comfort Dental/Fiddler's Green Amphitheater. Conveniently located in the Denver Tech Center and major area hotels.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Self parking also available.
A word from Brook's Steak House & Cellar
Brook's Steak House serves the finest USDA Prime Steaks, Colorado Lamb, and South Australian Lobster. They have been recognized as one of the Top Ten Steak Houses in America by MSN CitySearch for 2003 and 2004. Brook's award-winning wine list of over 350 wines from around the world will surely please the most discriminating palate. From the moment you enter the restaurant, you will feel the difference only an independently owned restaurant can offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Brook's Steak House & Cellar - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Brook's Steak House & Cellar reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (51)romantic (36)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (13)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- lovely dinnerYummyDined on 3/8/2014The steak/seafood March special for $99 was fantastic. I greatly enjoyed this special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very organizated, but a greatTrishDined on 3/2/2014restaurant! We were party of 12 w/ 2 young kids. I had called 3 weeks prior to set this up, & about 8 days prior to confirm the details, but when I called the day before to change the # attending, the guy who answered had no info on our party! He said he would take care of it. When we arrived, however, we surprised them! It could have been a disaster, but the staff saved the day, giving us the room they promised and then setting up the special arrangements we needed. It was very private and even the kids had a great time (but caution - no children's menu). Everybody raved about the food, & the chef sent us a special side on the house. When we prepared to depart, the staff cheerfully boxed up the leftovers and settled up with each family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time and wont go back!JohnnyDined on 3/1/2014Found this restaurant by the local 5280 restaurant week specials and decided to make a night out of it. We walked in and were greeted and decided to sit in the bar. Drinks were slightly over priced but tasty. Dinner options for this limited menu were choice of Salmon or Filet so we ordered one of each. Salmon- was COLD when brought to the table and raw in the middle. Mash Potatoes had no flavor. The Filet was ok but not at all impressed! Best part of the experience was the cold sea food appetizer on the regular menu but beware the price is per person!!!Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014On this visit we were disappointed in the service. Our "wine with dinner" was served late when the meal was almost finished.Special Features:
- Great dining experiencefoodie5000Dined on 2/28/2014I went to Brook's Steakhouse with my boyfriend during Denver's restaurant week, and we had an amazing time! The food was delicious, the staff extremely courteous and personable, and the atmosphere very relaxing and romantic. We would go there again in a heartbeat. I highly recommend Brook's for a special occasion or romantic date night. It was a fantastic deal for restaurant week, and although the normal prices were on the high side, it would still be worth it at any other time for the quality of food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time PleasureSpaceGhostDined on 2/28/2014Lived in Denver for longer than I want to admit and am embarrassed to say that we have never eaten at Brook's. I am more upset to think I have missed out on numerous amazing dining experiences! The food was prepared to perfection, portions were on the mark, flavor was to die for and the experience: memorable. Thank you for making our night in your restaurant a wonderful experience. The flavor and cooked to recommendations of the Salmon and Filet were perfect. Thank you and we look forward to future dining experiences with Brook's!Special Features:
- Wonderful food but service LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/28/2014I had not been to Brooks in years and decided to go back for restaurant week. I do realize things get a bit hectic during this time so do cut the service some slack but I was disappointed in the quality of the service at Brooks. First off we were not given the 5280 menus had to ask for them, we ordered cocktails before dinner and planned on ordering wine with our meals but we were never given a wine menu either. One of the folks at the table ordered the salad without blue cheese and she got a salad with blue cheese the when the steaks arrived my husband's and another person at our tables steaks were switched. Everything felt very rushed with salads whisked away before we were done and dessert brought our before coffee.Special Features:
- Love Brooke'sDanielDined on 2/28/2014Always a favorite with a beautiful building inside and out, great service and delicious food! We had the filet-my only complaint, I tend to like my filet simple with no sauce. They had a mushroom bourelais sauce which was good, but the filet was delicious without. Snap peas and garlic smashed potatoes were perfect compliments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as prior yearsMarkDined on 2/28/2014This is our 5th year going to Brooks for Restaurant Week. This year the price increased and the food wasn't as good as prior years. Bring back the Filet Medallions!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at bestOakleyDined on 2/28/2014Crab cake appetizer was excellent. Steak was very good. Everything else about the meal was average. We dined during 5280 restaurant week and the staff seemed to be going through the motions.
- Denver Restaurant WeeklmaltimierDined on 2/28/2014The food and service was outstanding. The only thing we didn't like was our table location. We were placed in a corner on the lower level. My husbands view was great but my view was of the paneled wood work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save room for dessertSheriDined on 2/28/2014If you have a sweet tooth or consider yourself a chocolate connoisseur you simply MUST have the chocolate pudding. It is amazingly delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last time at BrooksSteakloverDined on 2/27/2014Although we made a 7:00pm reservation, we were still waiting at 7:25 for a table. People who arrived after us were seated before us. We spoke to the manager, whose only response was he was the only manager on that night. We left without eating there; it was a tremendously disappointing experience, and we will not be returning.
- 5280 Disaster DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/26/2014One of Denver"s best steak houses- great filet, incredible wine choices and poor poor service. My server (waitress) ran us thru in 47 minutes. From the moment she found out we were ordering from the 5280 menu she began to rush our meal. We were served our filets faster than if we were at Applebee's. The same server took my husband's Grey Goose away and it was still 1/3 full and never gave us the opportunity to order wine, I was able to order a Cabernet at the bar while we were waiting for our table. I Angry waitresses should take up their 5280 week involvement with mgmt not take it out on their customers. I will go back because their bone -in filet is superb . The mgmt here is top-notch and cares, the situation has been addressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent andtrfinleyDined on 2/26/2014The food was excellent and the service was exceptional. I'm on a very restrictive diet and they were very accomodating in preparing my meal to my specific needs. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceWayneDined on 2/26/2014This was our second time at Brook's and it was wonderful both the food and service. My wife and I had a great time.Special Features:
- Another nice night at Brook'sWeloveDenverDined on 2/26/2014We went this time during restaurant week and had another great experience.Special Features:
- Excellent time during $60 weekdacfileDined on 2/25/2014First time at Brooks, there are none better steaks in the metro Denver, the bread and chocolate pudding was to die for. Salad was very tasty. Veggies were veggies. Service was top rated. This was a 5280 Restaurant week visit. Now the but... I am not a fan of the pricing for other times. I do not like getting billed for each item. Hey just charge me $80 for a filet and forget all the non sense of $7 for this and $8 for that. I know the football guys and others restaurant do it, but I do not return. Will be back next in August. It is a shame such a good restaurant has a horrible pricing policy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I go to restaurant week everyBettyADined on 2/25/2014I go to restaurant week every year with friends and I have never had such a disappointing experience like I had here, the choices were minimal and on the cheap and our server didn't seem interested on whether we were happy or not he just brought the courses in order according to the menu as the only choice you had was meat fish or filet, anyway we didn't care for it at all for a so called high end steak house I would not recommend it stick to Del Frisco's
- Celebration DinnerBritters2444Dined on 2/25/2014My husband absolutely loved our dinner and service. It was expensive but definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceRylandDined on 2/25/2014I mention the noise level having been energetic because I believe we were the energetic table. Outstanding experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak House!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/24/2014The steaks (filet mignon & ribeye) were perectly cooked. The sides were all delicious. The deserts were decadent. The service was awesome. Thank you Antonio! (All of the staff were great.) We went during restaurant week and were surprised at how accommodating, for all size groups, Brook's was. We didn't feel like we were being herded in, cramped, or rushed for such a busy time. Brook's has a very nice, comfortable ambiance. Just an overall pleasant dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week at Brook's Steak HoshellyDined on 2/24/2014There was not a large selection, but the steak was delicious and cooked perfectly. The dessert was a chocolate lovers dream.Special Features:
- Great experience.AllieDined on 2/24/2014Wait staff very attentive. Thoroughly enjoyed the ambience as we were there with another couple and were able to carry on a conversation with raising our voices to be heard, and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodVictorDined on 2/24/2014The filet minon was cooked to perfection. The restaurant week option was great as we got to truly enjoy your wonderful food via a smaller serving. I've been there 3 times and every time it's been great food and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic ambienceJamieHDined on 2/24/2014Brook's Steak House was easy to get to, had valet parking, was warm and dark inside (not too dark) and had the feel of a "real" steakhouse". Service was excellent and the food was wonderful. We will definitely go back another time.Special Features:
- Good Steak HouseMinaDined on 2/24/2014This restaurant is dependable and one of the best steakhouses in Denver. Staff is wonderful, ambiance very nice...reminds me of the steakhouses in the past and in a very good way. We always come back.Special Features:
- Bob from Denver at Brooks SteakhousBobinDenverDined on 2/23/2014It was a wonderful dinner. The people where very polite and attentive and the steak was perfectly produced. Loved the bread. We were so full that we had to take desert home with us. Its not a place we could afford on a frequent basis but it is on our list for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2014Went for Denver Restaurant Week. The steak was cooked perfectly and was tender and tasty. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BAD Choice for Restaurant WeekflyfishingelkhunterDined on 2/23/2014Poor choice for Restaurant Week. Salmon was absolutely flavorless - wonder why they give you half a lemon to drench it? The filet was also missing the bacon wrap (more cost cutting cheapness) and was smothered in a gravy - to give it flavor - along with three slices of mushroom. There was also a tablespoon's worth of mashed potatoes and about a dozen small snap peas. The big joke was the 50 cent cup of chocolate pudding - really? Designed to leave you feeling full after a lack luster meal. Should have been a complimentary signature drink, samples of couple of their appetizers, more entre choices, and a sampling of several of their desserts. This restaurant does not get the flavor of Restaurant Week. Save your money and go elsewhere.
- pleasantly surprisedcduncDined on 2/23/2014We had the best prepared steak and salmon that we had experienced in a long time. We will DEFINITELY go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Yet DissapointningZuzanaDined on 2/23/2014My husband and I came to Brooks for Denver Restaurant Week. We arrived at 4:45 for our 5 pm reservation and were seated right away. The place did get full shortly after 5. The food was excellent. We both got the fillet. I got mine cooked medium and my husband medium rare. Mine was better - we both agreed.The reason I gave it 4 stars is the bread - the onion topping does not fit in. We did not drink. Maybe that's why the waitress, even though nice and smiling, never came to check on our food or if we needed anything. I wanted a cappuccino with the chocolate pudding. She was at the table next to us 3 times(party of 8 = big tip?), she never even looked at us. Unfortunately, the service ruined the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014My friend I had dinner there the other night and for the $130.00 total cost it was incredibly underwhelming. Nothing was bad, but nothing was memorable. My friend did enjoy the shrimp cocktail, the sauce was the best I had ever tasted, but it wasn't enough to make me ever want to go back. If you are looking for a decent steak and don't mind spending somewhere between $75.00 and $150.00 for something less than memorable, then I would go to Brook's Steak House.
- Outstanding eveningfoodfanDined on 2/22/2014Perfect probably the best Fillet I've ever had...everything else was great too but that steak...WOW!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went during restaurant week.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/22/2014Went during restaurant week. We were seated right away with attentive service. Filet was fabulous! A very enjoyable evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodIrunchikDined on 2/22/2014The food at the restaurant was amazing. Everything was made to perfection, the only thing is when we requested more bread they told us there is a charge for it which was weird considering the lever of the restaurant that it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was a great experienceLisaDined on 2/22/2014Dinner was a great experience and I would go back again....Special Features:
- 5280KirkDined on 2/22/2014We had a great time and the food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great for restaurant weekeyedempotentDined on 2/22/2014We went to this restaurant for restaurant week and had a good experience. The salad was okay, the mashed potatoes and sugar snap peas were delicious. The filet was fine but I will say that Del Frisco's steak was significantly better. Mine was undercooked slightly but not by too much. It's probably unfair to judge the noise level during restaurant week, it's a very busy time. The portion size was just right, in my opinion, and I have no desire to spend the extra money on a 14 oz or even 8 oz filet (for restaurant week it was a 6 oz steak). The chocolate pudding was fine but pudding in general is just a bit pedestrian.Special Features:
- Not so specialkurlandfDined on 2/22/2014We tried this place for restaurant week. The ambiance was nothing special. We were the first customers to be seated in a back room with the table under a big screen TV. The food was just OK. Would not want to pay the high prices for this marginal food. Service not that great either. Our water glasses were continuely filled but no one poured our wine.