Brook's Steak House & Cellar
6538 S. Yosemite Circle
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Brook's Steak House & Cellar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brookssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3037701177
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Abel Gomez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Arapahoe
- Public Transit: Walking distance from Arapahoe at Village Center Light Rail station as well as Comfort Dental/Fiddler's Green Amphitheater. Conveniently located in the Denver Tech Center and major area hotels.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Self parking also available.
A word from Brook's Steak House & Cellar
Brook's Steak House serves the finest USDA Prime Steaks, Colorado Lamb, and South Australian Lobster. They have been recognized as one of the Top Ten Steak Houses in America by MSN CitySearch for 2003 and 2004. Brook's award-winning wine list of over 350 wines from around the world will surely please the most discriminating palate. From the moment you enter the restaurant, you will feel the difference only an independently owned restaurant can offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Brook's Steak House & Cellar - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Brook's Steak House & Cellar reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (54)romantic (40)notable wine list (22)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (12)Show More
- Quick Weekday night dinnerDenverDinerVIPDined on 10/20/2014Seated at the bar to watch the game. Very good service. Crawfish appetizer, Caesar salad , NY 12 oz strips were all very good. Flourless chocolate cake was almost like a truffle and very rich!Special Features:
- UnremarkableCafeaulaitDined on 10/18/2014Rather disappointing for a special occasion dinner. Expensive just to be expensive. Bottles of wine nearly 4x the retail cost... Waitstaff was very average, lacked attention to detail. They didn't pull my chair out for me to sit down when we arrived. Brought my husband the wrong wine we had selected. Had us pick out our wine before ever bringing the menus - how are you supposed to pair your wine with your meal that way? Giant loaf of bread arrived at the table unceremoniously cut into giant quarters and accompanied by a stick of butter on a plate - where's the presentation? Overall lacked etiquette or imagination. Drab and disappointing.
- Too many misstepsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014The place was dead on a Friday at 6:45 pm. The 1st wine list we were handed was missing pages. The service was spotty. A person in my party ordered Ribeye but was initially served Filet Mignon. To boot, when the Ribeye finally arrived it was oversalted. There are many good other options at this price point.
- Great restaurant!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014This is a one of a kind gem of a steakhouse. I've been in great steakhouses all over the country. I have to say Brooks is right up there with the best.Special Features:
- Love BrooksEMH01Dined on 10/10/2014Great restaurant. Great food great service. That says it all.Special Features:
- Simply Perfect.TryNewThingsDined on 10/5/2014From the guy who took my coat, to the bartender, waitress and water guy, everyone was spot on and made us feel important. The food was melt in your mouth delicious, and the place was romantic. I definitely recommend this to couples on a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HoagDined on 9/19/2014Food and service were excellent, be prepared to pay for it. Great for a special occasion or business dinner where you wanted to be able to talk while enjoying the food and ambiance.Special Features:
- DinnerturtleDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our 14th anniversary at Brooks. The service and food were excellent. It was and warm and inviting atmosphere. We will definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends and family.Special Features:
- A great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014We had made our reservation for Brooks before we realized it was Denver Rest. Week. The menu they had was perfect for our party. All meals were wonderful - salads, entrees, sides and desserts were all top notch. If we had any complaint at all - 2 of the 4 meals had steaks that were way undercooked from how they were ordered.Special Features:
- DebbieDebbieDined on 8/28/2014This is my favorite restaurant in the Denver metro area. The food is outstanding and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great EveningWayneDined on 8/28/2014We took advantage of Restaurant Week and had a great meal with great service. We couldn't have asked for anything better.Special Features:
- high price, but high qualityjoanVIPDined on 8/27/2014over-the-top food and service, but be prepared for a high-bucks evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner at Brook'sDenverlady4Dined on 8/27/2014Went to Brook's during restaurant week. Service was excellent, Emeritus wine was a great choice and the food was phenomenal. Prices are high but the restaurant week menu was reasonable. Would definitely recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandngJohnDined on 8/23/2014This is an excellent restaurant. The food was amazing and the portions very good. This is a dining location for special occasions.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceChrisDined on 8/22/2014The entire experience door-to-door was excellent. Our server, Jeff, was outstanding. He was friendly, charming, knowledgeable and attentive. His food recommendations were spot on. As for the food itself, everything, with the exception of the macaroni and cheese, was superb. The steak and lobster were well prepared and full of flavor. Overall, a very nice experience. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014It was a perfect time and place to celebrate our 50th anniversary -- if only our budget allowed us to go there more often.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationJamesDDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary at Brook's steakhouse and we couldn't have been happier with the evening. The food was delicious, our waiter Matt was informative on the selections, friendly and did a nice job serving, yet not intruding. Very nicely done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brooks Steak House & CellarbeststeakDined on 8/11/2014According to some people i am considered a foodie but i hate that term. I am really a food connoisseur. I get on tangets to find the best of certain foods around the country as i travel all around. Recently i have been hunting for the best steak houses in the US. I have eaten in different steak houses from north to south and east to west, places like Shulas in Orlando, FL, and many others with the highest recommendations in Seattle, Chicago, New York, Washington, DC, etc. My experience at Brooks Steak House & Cellar is now a tie for first. It was that good. The steaks were excellently cooked with wonderful flavor and every side we ordered from the cream corn to the creamed spinach was perfect. I highly recommend dining at Brooks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, perfect!LDQ24VIPDined on 8/9/2014On Saturday we took our son and a friend for dinner at Brook's, as it was their last night in town before heading back to college. We were extremely pleased with both the food and service. While all the food was excellently prepared, the calamari is worthy of special mention. it is prepared differently than almost every other restaurant in Denver. They include both sweet and hot peppers with the calamari, and it makes the dish extremely tasty. Also, we were able to hear each other talk, which has not always been the case at other steakhouses in town, who seem to pride themselves on being loud. For us, it was important that we could have conversations with the college age kids and learn about their plans for the upcoming semester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-of-the-line food and serviceDougCOFoodieDined on 8/9/2014We really enjoy dining at Brook's. We first tried them during Restaurant Week and were so impressed, we decided to come back. Everything we've ever tried here has been outstanding and of very high quality. The service is impeccable, and the atmosphere is nice. We hope to continue coming here for a long time to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for conversationquiteDined on 8/7/2014Only place on town that you can actually hear yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally - a decent steakhouseunixwizardDined on 8/2/2014Brook's is one of the very few places to meet my standards. Everything is obviously made from scratch and prepared perfectly. I had a bone in filet, medium well, and it was served at the perfect temperature without any loss of moisture. It was able to be pulled apart with a fork, almost like pot roast and the flavor was as rich and as intense as a ribeye. We also had mushrooms, au-gratin potatoes, brooks salad, and portabella mushrooms. My wife had the halibut and it was superb as well. Presentation was nothing remarkable and a bit below the standards in every other category, but I choose freshness and taste over looks. Good wine, classic elegant décor, and great service mean this is my new birthday/anniversary place of choice.Special Features:
- JoeBooDined on 7/27/2014Brooks had been a favorite of our and somehow fell off the radar for a few years. We went back and kicked ourselves for not keeping it on our "A" List. The people are friendly and engaging and provide the level of service that you would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. Our food, from appetizers through dessert was simply great. There were 4 of us and we purposely ordered a variety; all of us were very pleased. I have the opportunity to travel the country and eat at restaurants of this caliber. Brooks does not have to take a back seat to any of them.Special Features:
- Our "go to" placeRobbieDined on 7/27/2014We found this gem through 5280. We've been back a number of times since then as the food is wonderful. Too much, but you just can't stop eating!! They always take such good care of us!! We went for my husband's birthday & they made him feel special. Thanks for the great job!!! We'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Started Out BadJohnDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I ate here 7/25/14 and were seated promptly but waited over 20 minutes for a waiter to come over. This situation started out poorly but ended well. The manager on duty gave us a complimentary side and bought us a round of drinks and the service was wonderful with great food. We ended up loving this place and everyone definitely redeemed themselves after what started off as a bad experience. We will definitely go back after having a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can carry on a conversationCMDixonDined on 7/21/2014I love Brooks not only for the beautiful interior but for the fact you can carry on a conversation without yelling and asking people to repeat themselves because you couldn't hear what they said. The service was excellent!!!Special Features:
- Still good!RosesDined on 7/19/2014As Shanahan's regulars, my wife and I decided to stay in our neighborhood and go back to Brooks. It has been a few years! On our arrival at 6:45 it seemed pretty empty from the moment we pulled up. It was one of those uh oh's, did we make a mistake? The dining area was not crowded, as we would expect on a Saturday evening. To our surprise it was nice to be able to hear one another, and best of all our dinners were delicious. It proved to us that the food was just as good as our old stand by, and we happen to like the fact that it wasn't over the top too noisy ! We will definitely go back sometime soon. Congratulations Brooks, you still got it!Special Features:
- Not so HotjimmyjoeDined on 7/19/2014We went to Brook's for the steak & lobster special, which I came across on their web site. It was not mentioned to us until I asked if they were still honoring the special. Our order was taken and the salad was brought out, house , very good. The restaurant was not very busy, empty tables, but they seated someone back to back to us, which private conversations could be heard. This was our 53nd anniversary dinner. Our meal was brought out and looked okay but the steak was on the cool side and the lobster was tough. The butter for the lobster was not heated until the lobster was on the table. Their are at least four Steak houses around and I would list Brook's on the bottom
- Perfect anytime.FlipFlopContessaDined on 7/12/2014We always enjoy our dinners at Brook's and we always enjoy introducing friends and family to the dining experience. The wood paneling lends a warm feelings. The steaks are awesome and the service is always discreet and timely.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceTryNewRestaurantsDined on 6/30/2014Brooks Steakhouse definitely lived up to its expectations. Service was impeccable and the food had complex flavors that was Devine. It will be a place we recommend and visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined on a Friday EveningcgrifDined on 6/27/2014I made reservations for Friday evening thinking it would be busy. It turns out that is one of the slower nights which was perfect for us. We received extra attention and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1083 reviews are from the Brook's Steak House & Cellar reviews archive.
- Still the best steaks anywhereWhattimeisdinnerDined on 6/21/2014I don't know how they do it, but my NY Strip was one of the best steaks I have ever had. Perfectly cooked and perfectly seasoned. Service was good. I've never had a bad meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy CamperOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014Great evening! Jeff was a knowledgeable, thorough, competent server. Dinner was excellent--we will continue to visit Brooks. It is often overlooked in the south Denver metro area, which is unfortunate.Special Features:
- Brooks is slippingseefoodDined on 6/21/2014We had the steak and seafood special. One filet was well-done, it should have been medium. Brought to the attention of staff. It was sent back to the kitchen and replaced with a medium. Baked potatoes were cool. Service was fine.Special Features:
- Excellent!NeighborlyVIPDined on 6/20/2014I decided to visit Brooks while I was visiting on a business trip. The restaurant is expensive - not always clear if the value is also there. The food and the service were truly excellent; I enjoyed every aspect of the meal and the service. Worth the price!Special Features:
- Very good steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014Mac and cheese was my favorite. Impeccable service. Steak was slightly overdone on the edges, but that is mostly my fault as I requested it medium. Ambience was very romantic and relaxing. My only complaint was the customer at the table next to me was loud and a bit of a jerk. I would have appreciated a little more space between me and that table next to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day DelightjimmyjoeDined on 6/15/2014On arrival at Brook's we used valet parking. We were a few minutes early but were able to be seated immediately. Our waiter greeted us showed us the wine list and explained the menu. We selected the Steak and Lobster which was outstanding and cooked to perfection. Their servings are plentiful and a side dish was shared by both of us. We were never rushed and enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse stillNumbBeeDined on 6/13/2014I have eaten at all the major steak houses in the south Denver metro area and still think Brooks is the best one of the bunch. Their service is outstanding and extremely attentive. Their food has always been excellent. We appreciate that when bread is served, it is hot any very delicious! The cream corn is their signature side dish and always is great...better than any other steak house that I have eaten in the south Denver area including those in the Cherry Creek area. You feel appreciated as a customer and nothing is too much to ask for. You will certainly not be disappointed in eating here!Special Features:
- GREAT DINNER; OK SERVICERIDICULOUSVIPDined on 6/10/2014Our group of 8 enjoyed a fabulous meal, although service was too slow. Although it was nice to not feel rushed, our meal took 2.5 hrs! It took 45 minutes for our meal to arrive AFTER appetizers were cleared. The women's bathroom had lots of water on the floor in front of the sink, posing a serious trip hazard. I mentioned it and they took care of it right away but shouldn't employees be regularly checking things like that at fine restaurants?? High-margin alcohol is being overly pushed, which is a put-off. It's clear that management is lacking. There is stiff competition in the Tech Center...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday eve "TV at the Bar" dinnerDenverDinerVIPDined on 6/7/2014Perfect for sports fanatic husband who wanted to watch his team. Dark/Stormy cocktail was delicious..We had attentive service and enjoyed one huge thick but very tender filet mignon (cooked perfectly) and a 12 oz NY strip steak-very good too! Onion rings were great side along with complimentary corn. I had plenty of filet left over for another couple of lunch meals at home...Special Features: