Brook's Steak House & Cellar
6538 S. Yosemite Circle
Greenwood Village, CO 80111Neighborhood:
Tech Center / Greenwood Village
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Brook's Steak House & Cellar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brookssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 3037701177
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Abel Gomez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Arapahoe
- Public Transit: Walking distance from Arapahoe at Village Center Light Rail station as well as Comfort Dental/Fiddler's Green Amphitheater. Conveniently located in the Denver Tech Center and major area hotels.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Self parking also available.
A word from Brook's Steak House & Cellar
Brook's Steak House serves the finest USDA Prime Steaks, Colorado Lamb, and South Australian Lobster. They have been recognized as one of the Top Ten Steak Houses in America by MSN CitySearch for 2003 and 2004. Brook's award-winning wine list of over 350 wines from around the world will surely please the most discriminating palate. From the moment you enter the restaurant, you will feel the difference only an independently owned restaurant can offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Brook's Steak House & Cellar - Best Restaurants in Tech Center / Greenwood Village ›
Brook's Steak House & Cellar reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (37)notable wine list (26)great for brunch (21)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- You can carry on a conversationCMDixonDined on 7/21/2014I love Brooks not only for the beautiful interior but for the fact you can carry on a conversation without yelling and asking people to repeat themselves because you couldn't hear what they said. The service was excellent!!!Special Features:
- Still good!RosesDined on 7/19/2014As Shanahan's regulars, my wife and I decided to stay in our neighborhood and go back to Brooks. It has been a few years! On our arrival at 6:45 it seemed pretty empty from the moment we pulled up. It was one of those uh oh's, did we make a mistake? The dining area was not crowded, as we would expect on a Saturday evening. To our surprise it was nice to be able to hear one another, and best of all our dinners were delicious. It proved to us that the food was just as good as our old stand by, and we happen to like the fact that it wasn't over the top too noisy ! We will definitely go back sometime soon. Congratulations Brooks, you still got it!Special Features:
- Not so HotjimmyjoeDined on 7/19/2014We went to Brook's for the steak & lobster special, which I came across on their web site. It was not mentioned to us until I asked if they were still honoring the special. Our order was taken and the salad was brought out, house , very good. The restaurant was not very busy, empty tables, but they seated someone back to back to us, which private conversations could be heard. This was our 53nd anniversary dinner. Our meal was brought out and looked okay but the steak was on the cool side and the lobster was tough. The butter for the lobster was not heated until the lobster was on the table. Their are at least four Steak houses around and I would list Brook's on the bottom
- Outstanding ServiceTryNewRestaurantsDined on 6/30/2014Brooks Steakhouse definitely lived up to its expectations. Service was impeccable and the food had complex flavors that was Devine. It will be a place we recommend and visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined on a Friday EveningcgrifDined on 6/27/2014I made reservations for Friday evening thinking it would be busy. It turns out that is one of the slower nights which was perfect for us. We received extra attention and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best steaks anywhereWhattimeisdinnerDined on 6/21/2014I don't know how they do it, but my NY Strip was one of the best steaks I have ever had. Perfectly cooked and perfectly seasoned. Service was good. I've never had a bad meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy CamperOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014Great evening! Jeff was a knowledgeable, thorough, competent server. Dinner was excellent--we will continue to visit Brooks. It is often overlooked in the south Denver metro area, which is unfortunate.Special Features:
- Brooks is slippingseefoodDined on 6/21/2014We had the steak and seafood special. One filet was well-done, it should have been medium. Brought to the attention of staff. It was sent back to the kitchen and replaced with a medium. Baked potatoes were cool. Service was fine.Special Features:
- Excellent!NeighborlyVIPDined on 6/20/2014I decided to visit Brooks while I was visiting on a business trip. The restaurant is expensive - not always clear if the value is also there. The food and the service were truly excellent; I enjoyed every aspect of the meal and the service. Worth the price!Special Features:
- Very good steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014Mac and cheese was my favorite. Impeccable service. Steak was slightly overdone on the edges, but that is mostly my fault as I requested it medium. Ambience was very romantic and relaxing. My only complaint was the customer at the table next to me was loud and a bit of a jerk. I would have appreciated a little more space between me and that table next to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day DelightjimmyjoeDined on 6/15/2014On arrival at Brook's we used valet parking. We were a few minutes early but were able to be seated immediately. Our waiter greeted us showed us the wine list and explained the menu. We selected the Steak and Lobster which was outstanding and cooked to perfection. Their servings are plentiful and a side dish was shared by both of us. We were never rushed and enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhouse stillNumbBeeDined on 6/13/2014I have eaten at all the major steak houses in the south Denver metro area and still think Brooks is the best one of the bunch. Their service is outstanding and extremely attentive. Their food has always been excellent. We appreciate that when bread is served, it is hot any very delicious! The cream corn is their signature side dish and always is great...better than any other steak house that I have eaten in the south Denver area including those in the Cherry Creek area. You feel appreciated as a customer and nothing is too much to ask for. You will certainly not be disappointed in eating here!Special Features:
- GREAT DINNER; OK SERVICERIDICULOUSVIPDined on 6/10/2014Our group of 8 enjoyed a fabulous meal, although service was too slow. Although it was nice to not feel rushed, our meal took 2.5 hrs! It took 45 minutes for our meal to arrive AFTER appetizers were cleared. The women's bathroom had lots of water on the floor in front of the sink, posing a serious trip hazard. I mentioned it and they took care of it right away but shouldn't employees be regularly checking things like that at fine restaurants?? High-margin alcohol is being overly pushed, which is a put-off. It's clear that management is lacking. There is stiff competition in the Tech Center...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday eve "TV at the Bar" dinnerDenverDinerVIPDined on 6/7/2014Perfect for sports fanatic husband who wanted to watch his team. Dark/Stormy cocktail was delicious..We had attentive service and enjoyed one huge thick but very tender filet mignon (cooked perfectly) and a 12 oz NY strip steak-very good too! Onion rings were great side along with complimentary corn. I had plenty of filet left over for another couple of lunch meals at home...Special Features:
- Excellent Steak HouseCarnivorDined on 5/24/2014We love Brooks and look forward to dining there on very special occasions. It's pretty expensive, so I think it's okay to expect top notch service and food. The ambiance is always very pleasant, dark and sort of masculine. I was surprised that the waiter didn't mention the special that was going on during the month, and when I asked about it he didn't know. Weird. The food was very good. My steak was underdone for my taste, but I wasn't hungry enough to have them cook it longer so I took it home. Great as leftovers. Our guests said that their asparagus was stringy. Other than that, my husband's steak was perfect. The sweet potatoes were yummy. Good creamed corn. Nice desserts. Overall a wonderful night. Will go again when we save up $$$.Special Features:
- Always excellent foodvoyager11735Dined on 5/23/2014At Brooks you will find excellently prepared food and great service that complement the food. Not cheap, but quality you can count on.Special Features:
- Par for the courseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014Great food as always, but the noise from the bar was distracting and due to the need to serve several large groups, our main course was delayed for sometime. The waitress was excellent but the timeliness of the meal and atmosphere could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food & service!uteluckDined on 5/17/2014From the moment we pulled into valet until we left the service from staff was impeccable. Great selection of wines to choose from, and food was awesome!Special Features:
- Splendid Mother's Day Brunch!MEBCAUXDined on 5/11/2014We have in our 25+ years in Denver enjoyed numerous excellent brunches at the Brown Palace, Inverness, Broadmoor, and Hyatt Regency DTC. As the Brown Palace and Inverness had no space available for our group of 8, I decided (on the basis of Open Table and Yelp reviews of their brunch, as well as previous dinners there) to book a table at Brook's for Mother's Day. WOW. We all agree that Brook's Mother's Day brunch was indisputably the best we have EVER enjoyed, anywhere in Colorado. The roast leg of lamb (a particular favorite of ours) and tenderloin of beef were absolutely superb. The very large shrimp were scrumptious. In addition to more elegant fare, we really enjoyed the deviled eggs and creamed corn. Not cheap, but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific brunch!EdCaVIPDined on 5/11/2014Expensive, but outstanding brunch! Wonderful variety and excellent tenderloin!!Special Features:
- A little discombobulatedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I had specifically requested a table on the upper level as I was with my elderly mother who can't take the steps. We had reservations for 1 pm and waited more than 20 minutes when I inquired how long the wait would be. They said they were clearing a table on the lower level when I again had to remind them that wouldn't work. There were people who came in well after us that were being seated on the upper level. It was Mothers Day and I know they were busy, but comments are made to be read when making reservations specifically for this reason. The food was OK- not an abundant selection, but adequate. Our server was very attentive. A bit on the pricey side for what you get ($117 for two)...... The Broadmoor isn't that much!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish they had brunch more oftenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Brooks Steakhouse's mothers day brunch is hands down the best in Denver. Apparently they do it twice a year, Easter and Mother's day. Guess I know what I will be doing those days.Special Features:
- Confirm Special Requests Ahead2ColoradoKidsDined on 5/11/2014Upon arriving at the restaurant on Mother's Day this year, we were seated far away from the buffet area in a back room. When we made our reservations online with Open Table, we specifically requested a table close to the buffet because of medical conditions. We stated we had requested a closer table when we made reservations. We were redirected to wait until a table became available. We waited in the bar for about 20 minutes and we were seated at a table for 2 on the buffet floor, which was a perfect accommodation. Guess the lesson learned here is to "Confirm any special requests ahead of the reserved date"!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day CelebrationDennyDined on 5/11/2014Wonderful Mother's Day Brunch and 'special' way to recognize her. Excellent staff, food and service from the reception to the Valet. We had a party of six and never felt rushed or experienced any wait staff was 'too busy' to respond to all our needs.Special Features:
- Dinner was great, but brunch notOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/11/2014Always enjoy dinner at Brooks. Tried Mother's Day Brunch and it really wasn't very good. Very expensive and not very impressive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousMyFavDined on 5/11/2014Third Mother's Day Brunch in row. This is the very best. Food is wonderful but the service is what make it such a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Always a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014Brook's delivers a great experience each and every time. It is a top ranked restaurant for many reasons - quality of the food is excellent, service is top-notch, and the overall dining environment is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in DenverArchimedezeDined on 5/10/2014Brooks is the Premier steakhouse serving the Greater Denver area and Colorado Front-Range. In 16 years, we've consistently enjoyed the very finest cuts, cooked to perfection. Brooks' service is outstanding: immediately attentive and respectful, but not intrusive.Special Features:
- TheaterLoverVIPDined on 5/2/2014Our first time but we'll be back. Amazing crawfish appetizer followed by the mixed grill, a perfect way to celebrate a special occasion. And Jeff our waiter was there to guide us through it all. WonderfulSpecial Features:
- Wonderful birthday dinner!MarilynVIPDined on 5/2/2014We went to Brooks to have a special dinner in celebration of my husband's birthday. We had the $49.95 special of salad, filet mignon, 8 oz. lobster tail, creamed corn, Boursin au gratin potatoes, & hot fudge sundae. Everything was just fabulous! Cannot wait to go back. We have been there four times now & each time has been an excellent experience. Wish there were more people there.Special Features:
- Outdated & OverpricedCarnivoreoVIPDined on 4/26/2014I was a bit suspect when I noticed that the entry doors were rather worn and the wood finish showing signs of neglect. There was problems with our drink order, we didn't get menus until we had been there 20 minutes. After my wife ordered, I ordered the special. I was told that in order to get the special, we both had to order it. Ridiculous. As far as the steaks go; I ordered a filet, medium rare, it came to the table rare. We were there on a Saturday night at 7:00pm and only 7 tables were filled, now I know why. For as much as they charge for a steak, you have better options in the South Denver area.
- Great steak and wineErinDined on 4/26/2014I took my parents here for their anniversary. The experience that we had was fantastic! We had the cold appetizer for 2 and added an extra side of oysters. The tuna tartar is phenomenal. We all had steak cooked different ways. Probably the best steak I have ever had! The drinks were well mixed and pleasantly strong. The sommelier was very knowledgeable about the extensive wine list and gave excellent pairings with our tastes and meals. d take a picture of us to commemorate the occasion. And gave it to us in a frame before the meal was over. Since this was a special occasion for my parents, dinner also came with a dessert compliments of the house. The creme brulee is fantastic! Would recommend! 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The shrimp cocktail, the filet and the creamed corn were all terrific. The service was wonderful. Thanks for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- TraditionqwestjanDined on 4/25/2014We Alway Go Here For Our Anniversary, And It's Really Good. Seems That Portions Are Smaller For The Price, But It Could Have Been An Off Night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerbbatkinsDined on 4/25/2014Enjoyed our anniversary with a dinner at Brooks. They have a weekend special that includes salad, steak, your choice of seafood (we had lobster tail) and dessert. The good was amazing as usual, the ambiance was very nice and the service was amazing. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night steaks and crawfishDenverDinerVIPDined on 4/25/2014Very accommodating for our seating in bar area so we could watch hockey game, even offered us a private room if we wanted! We were happy where we were. Ordered partially from happy hour menu- crawfish excellent as always. Half price wines by the glass. Sliders good too. 12 oz strip steak was excellent. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchVickyDined on 4/20/2014My husband and I came for the Easter Brunch. It was outstanding. We had not been here before but we will definitely be back. The food, service, and overall feel was great. Only one item of concern...we dined later in the day (2:30) which was right before the last seating and the ladies room needed some serious attention. I highly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Fabulous!yummyDined on 4/20/2014Courtney was outstanding, and the food fabulous! I love this place for dinner, but the Easter brunch was wonderful too!Special Features:
- BrunchJShawDined on 4/20/2014Had a great Easter brunch and would thoroughly recommend Brook's. Great atmosphere and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunch - Worth the WaitVAHooDined on 4/20/2014Our experience started off on quite a rocky start. Even with an 11:45AM reservation, we waited almost 30 minutes to be seated. Once we were seated we quickly learned why we waited. The huge selection of delectable dishes was almost overwhelming. The chefs and staff had assembled the most impressive brunch selections I've ever witnessed. The tenderloin was amazing and complimented with a host of great sauces. The mountain of halved crab legs and near fist-sized shrimp beneath the ice sculptures were delicious. The more traditional breakfast choices were nothing short of comprehensive at well. But, the kicker was the chef attended bananas foster station - yum. While annoyed by the wait, we will likely return - on a less busy day.Special Features: