177 Lombard Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3B0W5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brooklynnsbistro.ca/
- Phone: (204) 415-4112
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Dustin Pajak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Make your event truly spectacular. Witness your guests enjoy creative, innovative dishes that reflect true Italian taste. Brooklyn’s offers a multitude of spaces to accommodate any type of functions. Mix business and pleasure with working lunches, holiday functions, and endless possibilities for private dinners. Brooklynn’s is happy to entertain 2 guests to 200 guests. We offer the perfect space to impress client or surprise you loved ones.
- Private Party Contact: Vicki 2044154115
A word from Brooklynn's Bistro
Brooklynn’s Bistro is excited to create simple and savory dishes composed of the freshest ingredients possible. Our Italian cuisine is skillfully executed to create delightful flavors with artistic presentation Brooklynn’s wine list is exclusively selected to bridge a beautiful union between food and drink. Nestled in one of the Exchange District’s handsome historic buildings, Brooklynn, Owner Sam Colosimo’s four year old daughter, invites you to traditionally try a little Italy. Buon AppetitoContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Brooklynn's Bistro - Best Restaurants in Winnipeg ›
Brooklynn's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (12)special occasion (11)romantic (8)scenic view (5)great for lunch (5)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Nov. 2014CookherselfDined on 11/15/2014Our server introduced herself and was attentive. Our meal was appropriately timed and very good. "Bread" included at the beginning was appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Food wasn't up to the quality of past visits. Hopefully just a one off. Service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceLuckyduckDined on 10/24/2014Waited over 15 minutes to get served. Finally I had to ask if someone was going to provide us a menu to look at. After that point the service was acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathieExtremelyDisappointedDined on 10/23/2014Thurs evning - restaurant 3/4 empty ??? The bread for the oil and vinegar dip looked like old left over bread crusts. Scallop appys were ok, however there were three scallops on the platet 2 whole and one cut in half, like really who does that, give an extra one or seriously don't cut one in half, that is so tacky. Our entrees were awful. My plate was salad with added poached tuna. I had more tuna than salad greens which was my first concern. All that tuna for an extra few dollars, something not right. One bite - awful. 1 cup approx of salad ? The other dish spaghetti and meatballs NOT GOOD. The spaghetti dish was eaten only because of hungry and already embarressed. WINE was great ! No charge for my salad and tuna. Waitress - Great.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/17/2014Service was good and the Nonna pizza was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DissapointmentLovesFoodVIPDined on 10/11/2014Hot appetizer was served barely warm. Mentioned to server who said it would be passed along to the kitchen. Pizza was served barely warm as well (not warm enough to melt the parm added at the table). Requested a re-heat; pizza was returned at pretty much the same temperature as it was when it left the table. Food would probably have been good had it been served hot. We will not return.
- InterestingGanyaZariaDined on 10/11/2014The waitress was at our table every 3 seconds, almost too attentive. Good food but not filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicewindigoDined on 10/1/2014What was outstanding most of all was the server....well informed, strong customer service attitude, very pleasant and helpful. Food was great. My guests thoroughly enjoyed their meal. Pizza was larger than expected and excellent. Salad for other guest was excellent. I had salmon.....I would like to have seen a slightly larger meal size.....will certainly come again. very comfortable place, quiet enough for conversation!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014The menu did not adequately describe the dishes, which led us to be somewhat disappointed. My husband ordered the lasagna, listed as a pasta dish, yet it was a vegetarian dish with no pasta noodles. I ordered the cavatelli pasta, which was very spicy, yet the menu doesn't describe it in this way. It would have been better with less heat. On the positive side, we tried a delicious scallop starter and the service was great as they replaced my husband's meal with the gnocchi, which was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Great restaurant when heading to the theatre. Our beverages were skimpy on the alcohol (non existent). But I would go back for the experience and I would recommend it to friends and enemies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre- concert delightSaavy60saysDined on 9/13/2014Enjoyed excellent homemade pasta dishes with bold combinations & wonderful recipes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very goodTimdVIPDined on 9/9/2014I thought that Brooklyn was excellent. The drunken mushroom pizza was very nice. I had pasta with pancetta and peas which was excellent. My associate had the lasagna special which he enjoyed. The wine list is very good; not great, but, with a few good choices. One annoyance is that I got a note from OpenTable telling me I did not go there. Why is it so complicated that when someone comes in and says I have a reservation and my name is, the person at the desk cannot sort this out?Special Features:
- Amazing foodGubermonkeyDined on 9/6/2014Came into this not really knowing what to expect, but the food was absolutely amazing! Service was prompt and friendly, without being intrusive. We will be going back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KieraWynneDined on 9/5/2014It was very enjoyable. Food was grew - we tried the "Burger Week" special. Service was great, quick, friendly. I live near by and have been a number of times. The air-conditioning was quite cold that day :).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014A very nice location and decor. Our server was quite good but he did miss a dessert order. Our dinner wine was poured while our pre-dinner cocktails were still full. Not a big deal, red needs to breathe...just a bit cluttered. All in all an asset to the Winnipeg dining scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014Food, wine and service was great. The pizza was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional DiningEveningOutDined on 8/23/2014Elegant and spacious atmosphere. Well dressed and attentive serving staff. Spectacular presentation, and above all, wonderful food at a very competitive price. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LookingForExceptionalDined on 8/22/2014I was excited to find a cozy atmosphere in Brooklyn Bistro but the experience quickly became a definite disappointment. The food was under seasoned, only the carrots were a hit. Mediocre service was downgraded after a hair was located in food and the chef tried to laugh it off and find something to blame. (It was not the chef's hair or our server's hair but not ours either). Although the meal was removed from our bill, the quality of food and service was a HUGE disappointment and we will not be returning and will definitely not provide a recommendation.
- Needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The experience was underwhelming to say the least. We ordered drinks, a mojito that had no sugar in it and a long island that was so sweet I had to water it down. After that we stuck to overpriced wine. We started with a Caesar salad. It was so bitter and unappetizing that we had to send it back - never thought I'd send back a salad. The pizza was fairly good, but I've had better as well. The spinach and mushroom lasagna was okay, not good, not bad. Overall, not planning to return.Special Features:
- Wonderful food in an empty room...jsm23Dined on 8/14/2014Considering how delicious the food was, my husband and I were surprised to be the only diners in the restaurant for much of our meal. The scallops were perfectly seared and tender, the pork belly melted in your mouth just as it should, and the green bean and lardo appetizer special was amazingly flavorful. We enjoyed having the opportunity to speak with the chef several times, and his enthusiasm for the ingredients and preparations created a wonderful atmosphere. He even offered us any dessert off the menu on the house to apologize for the inconvenience of a movie being shot outside the restaurant windows (which really only added to the experience of dining in downtown Winnipeg!) We hope to return...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ideas, mediocre execution.LaurenDined on 8/6/2014The room was beautiful, but the service was lackluster. The menu read amazing well, but the food well short...too salty mains, and flat tasting desserts....the potential is definitely there, but it fell short of expectations.
- The following 128 reviews are from the Brooklynn's Bistro reviews archive.
- Unhappy Anniversary Dinnerpizza4meDined on 7/26/2014A big anniversary disappointed as we were the only people in the Brooklyn bistro. Salads were great entrees tried was the gnocchi and was fair found it bitter in flavor and not much sauce. My wife had the chicken dinner and the tomato sauce was overdone almost to a burnt taste, very dark in color. As being the only customers, there was no pressure to get out the food and was still sub-par. Not sure what it may be like when they get busy. At this time the website menu did not match the current menu which was a huge failure because what we were expecting wasn't available. Hopefully it will be updated correctly.
- second time there wasn't the bestDerekhenDined on 7/12/2014Only people in the restaurant. Under cooked the scallops. Setting up for a wedding social. They probably shouldn't have taken us.Special Features:
- We are not going backPeterCVIPDined on 6/28/2014Something has gone horribly wrong at Brooklynn's. The restaurant was empty, a sign of what was about to come. No more complimentary bread, it took over 30 minutes in an empty restaurant to get us a salad and the cured meats platter, and then the main meals... The Colossimo pizza was soggy and the dough chewy and I had to send back my pan seared salmon (grossly undercooked) and the accompanying pasta was a hard salty lump. The same broken down piece of salmon, that had also that fishy taste of non-freshness came back now cooked and the pasta was now better but still salty. Discount? No. Free drink? No. Just a short apology. This place needs a total makeover like the ones you see in "Kitchen Nightmares". Until then, we are out.Special Features:
- Not as good as last visitSpykeDined on 6/28/2014I raved about the braised beef chuck to the friend we were taking to dinner, and were in the process of ordering when we were informed that it was not available. Our second choice, the veal chop, was also unavailable. It would have been nice to have been told this right from the start. The pork belly that we ordered was not well rendered and the crispy skin needed a hack saw to get through it. The gnocci was good, but the pork tenderloin special was a bit dry and cried out for more sauce. When booking our reservation, there was no room to book at 6PM, yet the restaurant remained empty until 7 PM with only us and one other table. The menu is changing with their new chef, so ask what is not available before you attempt to order.
- Father's Day BrunchTerryDined on 6/15/2014We should have known there might be problems when we could make a Father's Day Brunch reservation with very little notice. We ordered a couple of pizzas for appetizers, and they were delicious. Everything went downhill rapidly. We ordered 3 orders of eggs Benedict, 2 with bacon & 1 with ham, pancakes & French toast. It took the servers 4 trips to deliver 4 plates of food, with the French toast (mine, as the man of honour) being totally missed. A note to serving staff...use a pen & paper to take the order. The eggs Benedict all came with bacon, the ham for the one being delivered a while later. The pancakes were rock hard & burnt. We were asked once if we wanted more water, only to have a glass taken away & the water never returning.
- Happily surprisedKatbDined on 6/12/2014Amazing food, great service.. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ngstarDined on 5/28/2014My new favourite restaurant! Everything we ordered was delicious and presentation was stellar. Great location and decor. Will be coming here again and recommending to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always gooddinerDined on 5/15/2014The risotto is outstanding. Wonderful beet salad and citrus salad as well. Flavors that are unique and satisfying. A new kind of "comfort food".Special Features:
- Napkins GaloreAftereventsDined on 5/10/2014Had a very good time at Brooklynn's after the MTC matinee on Saturday. The server was really quite good but forgot the cutlery for two dishes so by the end of the night the three of us had 11 napkins on our table. The appetizers and entrees were nicely presented and very good. Loved being able to book our reservations on line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner...JamesDined on 5/10/2014The waiter misunderstood one of the appetizers that we ordered so he ended up giving the wrong one to us for free. The quality of the food was very good. The restaurant environment is quite nice. The waiter could have stopped by a little more often but that's fine. I would rate it somewhere between a mid to high-end dining experience.Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerJocelynDined on 5/10/2014I had the baked pickerel served on a delicious mushroom risotto, it was very tasty. Our table shared the drunken mushroom pizza which was also very good. The staff was very attentive. The one problem we had was a strong bleach odor when we arrived for an early supper. There were a couple people in our party with respiratory issues and though it did dissipate as the evening went on it was an issue for us.Special Features:
- Lovely Dining ExperienceKE18Dined on 5/8/2014I've been here a few times, and keep going back. I love and highly recommend the Gnocci Frito appetizer, and any of the pizzas (you also get free bread with oil and vinegar). It's a nice atmosphere, and always quiet with friendly service. Our meal (we both ordered pizza) was a little slow to come this time, but of the three or four times I've been there, this is the only time I've noticed it. A wonderful meal choice in the exchange, especially a ballet, symphony or MTC concert, which is when I usually go - just be sure give yourself enough time for both food and finding street parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise...LargeMarjDined on 5/3/2014Second time at Brooklyn's Bistro. Had the cod and substituted mushroom risotto for orzo no problem. Cod portion was extremely small for a main but was delicious! And the risotto made up for the lack of fish. Service was excellent and not too noisy so us and our friends could carry on a conversation. The other dinners were very generous in size - the 1/2 roasted chicken could feed 2, no problem. And it was moist w a crispy skin. Worth a trip back to try other items, for sure.Special Features:
- One great restaurantDiningwithfriendsDined on 5/2/2014This place is exceptional in its dining and ambiance. You feel you are in a different place. The area is a gem and the owner of this restaurant has found the perfect setting for great food, wines, drinks coupled with always friendly and knowledgeable service staff. The cheese plate appetizer is a must. Want a place to relax and linger over conversation. This is it. It's quiet due to the deprecation between dining room and bar. In a hurry for a show? This is also the place as they will accommodate your pace to your needs. Can't say enough. A must go for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantejmdDined on 5/2/2014A lunch date was our second visit here. The first time we came for dinner; we had the calamari, which was the best we've ever had, and the polenta fries was a fun plate. I enjoyed a perfectly cooked and fixed steak, while my wife had the gnocchi - which we found to be too garlicky, though the gnocchi itself was made expertly. For lunch we had pizza and it was, simply put, perfect. The dough was thin and baked expertly, the ingredients were well balanced, fresh and of high quality, and the sauce was exceptional. Both times the service was among the best we've esperienced - friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, and attentive. I strongly recommend checking this place out.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodMeatLoverDined on 4/26/2014Our first time to this restaurant will not be our last.. food is AMAZING just wish I could have tried it all...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Delicious food and wonderful service. Price very good for the quality of dining experience. Nice location and attractive historic building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!SandDDined on 4/23/2014Excellent food! From pizza to salads to steak. The food at Brooklyn's Bistro has always been deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAlexDined on 4/22/2014Not the best wine list but the food was phenomenal!Special Features: