177 Lombard Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3B0W5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brooklynnsbistro.ca/
- Phone: 2044154112
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Dustin Pajak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Make your event truly spectacular. Witness your guests enjoy creative, innovative dishes that reflect true Italian taste. Brooklyn’s offers a multitude of spaces to accommodate any type of functions. Mix business and pleasure with working lunches, holiday functions, and endless possibilities for private dinners. Brooklynn’s is happy to entertain 2 guests to 200 guests. We offer the perfect space to impress client or surprise you loved ones.
- Private Party Contact: Vicki 2044154115
A word from Brooklynn's Bistro
Brooklynn’s Bistro is excited to create simple and savory dishes composed of the freshest ingredients possible. Our Italian cuisine is skillfully executed to create delightful flavors with artistic presentation Brooklynn’s wine list is exclusively selected to bridge a beautiful union between food and drink. Nestled in one of the Exchange District’s handsome historic buildings, Brooklynn, Owner Sam Colosimo’s four year old daughter, invites you to traditionally try a little Italy. Buon AppetitoContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Brooklynn's Bistro - Best Restaurants in Winnipeg ›
Brooklynn's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (9)romantic (8)special occasion (8)good for groups (7)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Enjoyed our mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Great restaurant when heading to the theatre. Our beverages were skimpy on the alcohol (non existent). But I would go back for the experience and I would recommend it to friends and enemies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre- concert delightSaavy60saysDined on 9/13/2014Enjoyed excellent homemade pasta dishes with bold combinations & wonderful recipes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very goodTimdDined on 9/9/2014I thought that Brooklyn was excellent. The drunken mushroom pizza was very nice. I had pasta with pancetta and peas which was excellent. My associate had the lasagna special which he enjoyed. The wine list is very good; not great, but, with a few good choices. One annoyance is that I got a note from OpenTable telling me I did not go there. Why is it so complicated that when someone comes in and says I have a reservation and my name is, the person at the desk cannot sort this out?Special Features:
- Amazing foodGubermonkeyDined on 9/6/2014Came into this not really knowing what to expect, but the food was absolutely amazing! Service was prompt and friendly, without being intrusive. We will be going back for moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KieraWynneDined on 9/5/2014It was very enjoyable. Food was grew - we tried the "Burger Week" special. Service was great, quick, friendly. I live near by and have been a number of times. The air-conditioning was quite cold that day :).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014A very nice location and decor. Our server was quite good but he did miss a dessert order. Our dinner wine was poured while our pre-dinner cocktails were still full. Not a big deal, red needs to breathe...just a bit cluttered. All in all an asset to the Winnipeg dining scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014Food, wine and service was great. The pizza was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional DiningEveningOutDined on 8/23/2014Elegant and spacious atmosphere. Well dressed and attentive serving staff. Spectacular presentation, and above all, wonderful food at a very competitive price. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LookingForExceptionalDined on 8/22/2014I was excited to find a cozy atmosphere in Brooklyn Bistro but the experience quickly became a definite disappointment. The food was under seasoned, only the carrots were a hit. Mediocre service was downgraded after a hair was located in food and the chef tried to laugh it off and find something to blame. (It was not the chef's hair or our server's hair but not ours either). Although the meal was removed from our bill, the quality of food and service was a HUGE disappointment and we will not be returning and will definitely not provide a recommendation.
- Needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The experience was underwhelming to say the least. We ordered drinks, a mojito that had no sugar in it and a long island that was so sweet I had to water it down. After that we stuck to overpriced wine. We started with a Caesar salad. It was so bitter and unappetizing that we had to send it back - never thought I'd send back a salad. The pizza was fairly good, but I've had better as well. The spinach and mushroom lasagna was okay, not good, not bad. Overall, not planning to return.Special Features:
- Wonderful food in an empty room...jsm23Dined on 8/14/2014Considering how delicious the food was, my husband and I were surprised to be the only diners in the restaurant for much of our meal. The scallops were perfectly seared and tender, the pork belly melted in your mouth just as it should, and the green bean and lardo appetizer special was amazingly flavorful. We enjoyed having the opportunity to speak with the chef several times, and his enthusiasm for the ingredients and preparations created a wonderful atmosphere. He even offered us any dessert off the menu on the house to apologize for the inconvenience of a movie being shot outside the restaurant windows (which really only added to the experience of dining in downtown Winnipeg!) We hope to return...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ideas, mediocre execution.LaurenDined on 8/6/2014The room was beautiful, but the service was lackluster. The menu read amazing well, but the food well short...too salty mains, and flat tasting desserts....the potential is definitely there, but it fell short of expectations.
- Unhappy Anniversary Dinnerpizza4meDined on 7/26/2014A big anniversary disappointed as we were the only people in the Brooklyn bistro. Salads were great entrees tried was the gnocchi and was fair found it bitter in flavor and not much sauce. My wife had the chicken dinner and the tomato sauce was overdone almost to a burnt taste, very dark in color. As being the only customers, there was no pressure to get out the food and was still sub-par. Not sure what it may be like when they get busy. At this time the website menu did not match the current menu which was a huge failure because what we were expecting wasn't available. Hopefully it will be updated correctly.
- second time there wasn't the bestDerekhenDined on 7/12/2014Only people in the restaurant. Under cooked the scallops. Setting up for a wedding social. They probably shouldn't have taken us.Special Features:
- We are not going backPeterCVIPDined on 6/28/2014Something has gone horribly wrong at Brooklynn's. The restaurant was empty, a sign of what was about to come. No more complimentary bread, it took over 30 minutes in an empty restaurant to get us a salad and the cured meats platter, and then the main meals... The Colossimo pizza was soggy and the dough chewy and I had to send back my pan seared salmon (grossly undercooked) and the accompanying pasta was a hard salty lump. The same broken down piece of salmon, that had also that fishy taste of non-freshness came back now cooked and the pasta was now better but still salty. Discount? No. Free drink? No. Just a short apology. This place needs a total makeover like the ones you see in "Kitchen Nightmares". Until then, we are out.Special Features:
- Not as good as last visitSpykeDined on 6/28/2014I raved about the braised beef chuck to the friend we were taking to dinner, and were in the process of ordering when we were informed that it was not available. Our second choice, the veal chop, was also unavailable. It would have been nice to have been told this right from the start. The pork belly that we ordered was not well rendered and the crispy skin needed a hack saw to get through it. The gnocci was good, but the pork tenderloin special was a bit dry and cried out for more sauce. When booking our reservation, there was no room to book at 6PM, yet the restaurant remained empty until 7 PM with only us and one other table. The menu is changing with their new chef, so ask what is not available before you attempt to order.
- Father's Day BrunchTerryDined on 6/15/2014We should have known there might be problems when we could make a Father's Day Brunch reservation with very little notice. We ordered a couple of pizzas for appetizers, and they were delicious. Everything went downhill rapidly. We ordered 3 orders of eggs Benedict, 2 with bacon & 1 with ham, pancakes & French toast. It took the servers 4 trips to deliver 4 plates of food, with the French toast (mine, as the man of honour) being totally missed. A note to serving staff...use a pen & paper to take the order. The eggs Benedict all came with bacon, the ham for the one being delivered a while later. The pancakes were rock hard & burnt. We were asked once if we wanted more water, only to have a glass taken away & the water never returning.
- Happily surprisedKatbDined on 6/12/2014Amazing food, great service.. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ngstarDined on 5/28/2014My new favourite restaurant! Everything we ordered was delicious and presentation was stellar. Great location and decor. Will be coming here again and recommending to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 121 reviews are from the Brooklynn's Bistro reviews archive.
- Always gooddinerDined on 5/15/2014The risotto is outstanding. Wonderful beet salad and citrus salad as well. Flavors that are unique and satisfying. A new kind of "comfort food".Special Features:
- Napkins GaloreAftereventsDined on 5/10/2014Had a very good time at Brooklynn's after the MTC matinee on Saturday. The server was really quite good but forgot the cutlery for two dishes so by the end of the night the three of us had 11 napkins on our table. The appetizers and entrees were nicely presented and very good. Loved being able to book our reservations on line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner...JamesDined on 5/10/2014The waiter misunderstood one of the appetizers that we ordered so he ended up giving the wrong one to us for free. The quality of the food was very good. The restaurant environment is quite nice. The waiter could have stopped by a little more often but that's fine. I would rate it somewhere between a mid to high-end dining experience.Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerJocelynDined on 5/10/2014I had the baked pickerel served on a delicious mushroom risotto, it was very tasty. Our table shared the drunken mushroom pizza which was also very good. The staff was very attentive. The one problem we had was a strong bleach odor when we arrived for an early supper. There were a couple people in our party with respiratory issues and though it did dissipate as the evening went on it was an issue for us.Special Features:
- Lovely Dining ExperienceKE18Dined on 5/8/2014I've been here a few times, and keep going back. I love and highly recommend the Gnocci Frito appetizer, and any of the pizzas (you also get free bread with oil and vinegar). It's a nice atmosphere, and always quiet with friendly service. Our meal (we both ordered pizza) was a little slow to come this time, but of the three or four times I've been there, this is the only time I've noticed it. A wonderful meal choice in the exchange, especially a ballet, symphony or MTC concert, which is when I usually go - just be sure give yourself enough time for both food and finding street parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise...LargeMarjDined on 5/3/2014Second time at Brooklyn's Bistro. Had the cod and substituted mushroom risotto for orzo no problem. Cod portion was extremely small for a main but was delicious! And the risotto made up for the lack of fish. Service was excellent and not too noisy so us and our friends could carry on a conversation. The other dinners were very generous in size - the 1/2 roasted chicken could feed 2, no problem. And it was moist w a crispy skin. Worth a trip back to try other items, for sure.Special Features:
- One great restaurantDiningwithfriendsDined on 5/2/2014This place is exceptional in its dining and ambiance. You feel you are in a different place. The area is a gem and the owner of this restaurant has found the perfect setting for great food, wines, drinks coupled with always friendly and knowledgeable service staff. The cheese plate appetizer is a must. Want a place to relax and linger over conversation. This is it. It's quiet due to the deprecation between dining room and bar. In a hurry for a show? This is also the place as they will accommodate your pace to your needs. Can't say enough. A must go for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantejmdDined on 5/2/2014A lunch date was our second visit here. The first time we came for dinner; we had the calamari, which was the best we've ever had, and the polenta fries was a fun plate. I enjoyed a perfectly cooked and fixed steak, while my wife had the gnocchi - which we found to be too garlicky, though the gnocchi itself was made expertly. For lunch we had pizza and it was, simply put, perfect. The dough was thin and baked expertly, the ingredients were well balanced, fresh and of high quality, and the sauce was exceptional. Both times the service was among the best we've esperienced - friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, and attentive. I strongly recommend checking this place out.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodMeatLoverDined on 4/26/2014Our first time to this restaurant will not be our last.. food is AMAZING just wish I could have tried it all...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Delicious food and wonderful service. Price very good for the quality of dining experience. Nice location and attractive historic building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!SandDDined on 4/23/2014Excellent food! From pizza to salads to steak. The food at Brooklyn's Bistro has always been deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAlexDined on 4/22/2014Not the best wine list but the food was phenomenal!Special Features:
- Great Placeni3lleDined on 4/22/2014Great service, great food, good times! Will definitely be back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseLargeMarjDined on 4/17/2014First time at Brooklyn's Bistro and was excited to try it out after looking at their menu on-line. It was fairly quiet for an MTC night where most restaurants are fully booked in the area but perhaps because this is on the fringe, it wasn't as busy? I had the polenta with seafood and it was great. The tomato flavour in the polenta was an explosion of flavour but at the halfway mark, was a little too flavourful and rich to finish it. The clam were delicious but a bit salty. The calamari was very crispy but not dry. Overall, pretty good. I'd like to go back and try some other things as their menu is quite extensive.Special Features:
- In a word - Terrible!alittlebirdieDined on 4/12/2014I don't think I have ever written a bad review, however the service at Brooklynn's was that bad - and what is worse they did not do anything to try to make up for it. I will never recommend this restaurant to anyone in Winnipeg or who visits. There were 6 of us who dined, the restaurant was semi-busy, our server forgot two drink orders, then our apps came out with our meals at the same time even though we clearly articulated that we would prefer some time between. We couldn't even fit all the food on the table. Our server kept apologizing, saying it would be made up on our bill. They couldn't keep the food in the warmer that long (???? what? Then re-make it). Our bill was not adjusted. W
- Liked itLovefoodDined on 4/12/2014I love the ambience of this restaurant...it feels like you are in a different city. The decor and the area it's located in are great. The pasta dishes are very flavourful, just a bit too salty, and I love salt. The server was great, friendly and helpful, made our group of six feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Great place to eat. Food was delicious, staff very helpful and atmosphere was fantastic. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great night outfunfoodie1Dined on 4/5/2014We were sceptical about going with another couple based on the reviews we had read but decided to go anyways. I am glad we did because everything was excellent. We started off with the cured meats and assorted cheeses as our server said they were the best in the city; she was right. Our pizza was excellent and quick and our mains were spot on. The dessert was also a tasty gelato and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. My thoughts on the bad reviews are; maybe it was too busy for the kitchen to keep up with a full restaurant and quality suffered because of it. That did not happen to usSpecial Features:
- The presentation is awesome.lelvin3rdDined on 3/26/2014The presentation is awesome. The pizza was fantastic with very different ingredients. Loved the dough. And the waitress was very knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Authentic little ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014we were with Italian friends and had a very enjoyable dinner. We ordered many dishes and ate A tapas style meal. Our friends said that the food was authentic and tasted like their mothers would have made! They are very discriminating and I could not think of a better compliment. our server was efficient , pleasant and tried her best. My only complaint would be the beer glasses were not clen and when we asked for a new one it came wet with water! We were told from the dish washer. We would definitely return as well as suggest this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Brooklynn's Bistro is the Best.MeElDined on 3/15/2014Brooklynn's Bistro is a great restaurant for people who enjoy tasty and creative food. Additionally, it is close to the many entertainments of the Exchange District. We loved our appetizers of brussels sprouts and main courses of gnocchi, calamari and huge fat scallops. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.