Brooklyn Girl Eatery
4033 Goldfinch St.
San Diego, CA 92103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Brooklyn Girl Eatery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brooklyngirleatery.com/
- Phone: 6192964600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday thru Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00 pm
Friday and Saturday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Colin Murray
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Brooklyn Girl Eatery
Casual neighborhood American eatery with a sustainable farm-to-table attitude. We will be open breakfast + lunch + dinner + late night with an extensive menu of seasonal and locally sourced organic products at very attractive price points. Full "artisanal" bar with a great selection of locally produced craft beers on tap and an extensive and affordable wine list. In addition we will have a "chef"s pantry" offering daily selection of salads, pasta, sandwiches, pastries and pre-prepared entrees to go. Locally owned and family operated, we want to be YOUR neighborhood "go-to" restaurant!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brooklyn Girl Eatery reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (91)fit for foodies (80)hot spot (42)vibrant bar scene (34)special occasion (31)good for groups (28)notable wine list (26)romantic (19)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (10)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014We went to take advantage of Reataurant week and decided to try something new. Food was excellent as well as the sevice! They had popcorn instead of bread, which we love. Awesome experience for my wife and I. I will definitley return and recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seasonal menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/21/2014I came with two of my friends for Restaurant Week and loved it! We enjoyed the salmon, chorizo polenta, meatballs and short ribs and everything was absolutely delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant as a fun date night restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week, A Birthday DinnerfunkyVIPDined on 9/21/2014The service was excellent, the food was delicious and the pre-fixed meal was a good deal!Special Features:
- Dinner with CathyJeanieBDined on 9/20/2014First time to try this restaurant. Food was excellent. Menu is limited. Service was wonderful. Noise level was very loud and it was difficult to hear each other. Would go again ... maybe.Special Features:
- Very Good Food !vhillmdDined on 9/19/2014Menu looked limited, but the food was very Very, VERY GOOD! The Black Mussel Pot was very tasty. The Thai coconut sauce was so good, we dunked the the grilled baguette to get all of it. We were not unhappy with both the 12 oz Brined Duroc Pork Chop and Bone in New York Steak. The chop was large and cooked to perfection. Homerun! The NY steak was ordered medium, but I received it closer to medium rare. The cook knew what he was doing, it was succulent. Highly recommend both. Very energetic place. Recommend you speak loudly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crafted Cocktailsandreb619Dined on 9/16/2014Excellent selection of well-made crafted cocktails. Food is great too. Brunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Brooklyn girlPeanutDined on 9/12/2014Our waiter recommended the most expensive things in all areas. Food, salad, wine and sides. I was going to order the summer salad which was $17. She said its on the small side and won't fill you up so I ordered the ahi which was delicious but when my friends summer salad came, it covered a whole dinner plate and was big enough for a dinner or for 2 people to share pre dinner. Everything was delious, just didn't like her trying to up sale everything and not being honest. She did the same thing with our wine. I didn't listen to her on this and went with my gut and my wine, the cheaper one was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lezlie1031dinefiestDined on 9/12/2014Libby was one of the best servers!! She wasn't even assigned to our table but still checked on us and made sure we were taken care of. Staff was all polite but felt Libby went a step above the others. All in all fun restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StuinSDVIPDined on 9/9/2014service was great.... love the oyster bar.... both of our dinners were very good... we will be backSpecial Features:
- We keep coming backluv2eatDined on 9/6/2014Great atmosphere, excellent food, creative menu and good service. A wonderful combination for a very satisfying evening. The owners are warm and friendly and very involved in making your experience a good one!Special Features:
- Great atmosphereVegieLoverDined on 9/5/2014Great atmosphere, great service, good food! Little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great everytimeparttimesandieganDined on 9/3/2014my husband and I are part time residents of san diego so we dont like wasting time eating at mediocre restaurants. ..we love Brooklyn Girl for it's consistently good food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculously Loud! Food meh...thedishVIPDined on 9/3/2014It is disturbingly loud in this restaurant. There is no music playing, yet you cannot hear the server or your table mates. Plus, the menus are dirty - I do not support waste and appreciate the re-use of menus, but these menus were paper, uncovered, and all had stains and/or actual remnants of food on them. For the record, the beet salad was delicious and the server was nice (tried hard), but that is not enough to make up for the accompanying mediocre food and uncomfortably loud environment.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/1/2014Had a wonderful dinner. The food was fresh and perfectly prepared and service warm, attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingbrunchloverVIPDined on 8/31/2014I was surprised to get a last minute reservation, that was impossible several months ago. I ordered eggs benedict with ham - they were served with pork loin instead, without notice; the pork still had the string on it. In the restaurant's defense, they did take the item off the bill. I said I would come back, probably not - just too disappointing.
- Great addition to the neighborhoodPeteGinSDDined on 8/27/2014I was welcomed and immediately seated, even though my other party had not arrived. Serving staff was completely on top of their game. Food was good from appetizers through deserts. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutCaptainDDined on 8/16/2014Brooklyn grill had all of the ingredients for a great night out. The food was so good that I'm not sure the special drinks get enough credit. The best service in town.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!FoodieDined on 8/16/2014Food is always delicious and the restaurant is really fun! The Mules are the best, they have a great cocktail list and amazing Oysters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but PriceyraskelliDined on 8/15/2014Our overall dining experience was a positive one. It was our second visit with the same couple as the first time. Love the decor and feel of the restaurant. I do find the menu lacking many choices and the price is high for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time not a charmBobRBDined on 8/15/2014Four of us had dinner Friday night at BGE. I had been before and enjoyed it. This time not so much. The food ok but nothing special. The service very disappointing. Our waiter never seemed to want to take our order. And when he asked us how the meal was and we all said just ok he said Great. Very strange
- Food and AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014The food quality seems to be mixed. The crab salad and the pizza were not very good, whereas the Brussels sprouts, beet and steak salad were great. I actually had a bad reaction after eating the crab salad...:l. The ambiance was nice, love the star posters.Special Features:
- Always goodEasyfunandgoodVIPDined on 8/1/2014Brooklyn Girl Eatery is JUST good food well prepared, and survived. They have variety, and they have fresh ideas and new dishes. it is our favorite Mission Hills “go to” restaurant.Special Features:
- Always Exceeds ExpectationsTrentDined on 7/31/2014I always have fun and enjoy myself here. Great environment, excellent food, and top notch service. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening at BGdlbinsdDined on 7/31/2014Arrived with party of five and reservation for 6 pm. Seated promptly and waiter was on the spot for drinks; service excellent, etc. Food was awesome and menu is varied with unique selections. Wines are priced very reasonably and the list is extensive. Will return soon.Special Features:
- Fun but very noisy92103Dined on 7/30/2014The oysters were good. The waiter advised us and we agreed with his advice. They could use a different dish to service the 1/2 dozen. It seemed tacky to have a half empty dish. Copper River Salmon was very good and cooked nicely. My shrimp were a little sad as if they had been sitting out. The bacon just complicated the salad by overwhelming all the other flavors. I suggest to ask them to hold the bacon which was probably cooked in the morning. I do love the ambiance. Going at 7:30 PM on a week night and asking to sit at the back on the upholstered bench seat helped lots with the 90 dsm noise level.Special Features:
- Great once againQCommVIPDined on 7/26/2014his place is one of the best run restaurants in San Diego. The menu selections are varied and always prepared to perfection. I have been recommending this place to my out of town visitors. I have been to other establishments in close proximity, but have found Brooklyn Girl to be a cut above the rest.
- Finally!SDVeganVIPDined on 7/25/2014We'd heard of BG for months, but an additional recommendation finally led to our visit. What a delightful experience! I'm a vegan-leaning vegetarian, and had no difficulty finding a delicious meal; strict vegans might have a more challenging time. Lovely restaurant space and attentive staff. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lover the oystersBWMTDined on 7/24/2014THe food was great as usual the oyster were exceptionalSpecial Features:
- A disappointmentR8rsfanjeffVIPDined on 7/22/2014Brooklyn Girl looked very promising as we walked past it on several occasions, so we decided to give it a try with some friends. What a disappointment. The service was slow to the point where everybody at the table had both an empty beverage and water glass more than once, and it took 40 minutes for our food order to show up. I get that on a Friday, but on a Tuesday? The food quality was satisfactory, but quite expensive for what it is. We won't be back.
- Salt, Salt, and SaltMrGreggDined on 7/19/2014There was a bit too much salt in all of our dishes. The Margherita pizza has gone through some changes, going from very good last year, to just OK this time, with sour green cherry tomatoes and large, very large, grated parmesan (a no-no on real Italian Margherita pizza). Pork chop was juicy, but salty. Burger was done perfectly, but also very salty. The Vietnamese meatballs were good, but not as good as some Yelpers made the sound...shrimp, meat and pork all combined, but pretty good. Oh well....next time we will ask for NO salt on the food and see if that works for us! It is probably a neighborhood gem, but we were just disappointed overall.Special Features:
- Not For Brunch / Try Again?SRM62Dined on 7/19/2014I have eaten at Brooklyn Girl a dozen times for dinner or appetizers/drinks. Always very good to excellent. Went for brunch and it was uninspired and bland. Both Frittatas were horribly overcooked to the point they should not have been sent out. Benedicts and chicken and biscuits were ok, not great and could have used a small side of fruit or veggies to liven up the plate. Smashed potatoes were good as were the pancakes. Didn't see the owners there as in they are in the evening. Whoever is managing the restaurant needs to do a better job in the morning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!gregmickDined on 7/16/2014This restaurant never disappoints. Cool, clean feel with a friendly greeting at the door. They got our party of six in ahead of our reservation time and immediately made us feel welcome. Daily specials were creative and unusual. Peppers with goat cheese and grapefruit slices were excellent appetizers, as were the oysters. Always have a good selection of San Diego craft beers too. Although the rotisserie chicken is always excellent, I went with the salmon and it was cooked perfectly. Another in our group had the "whole fish" special and loved it. We ended up lingering for well over two hours since it was such a comfortable place to be.Special Features:
- DinnerMom2Dined on 7/16/2014Enjoyed dinner with the family. Would not recommend for anyone that is looking for a quiet place. Loud with vibrant and energetic people. Open areas so cannot be aeperates from the other dinersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice extravagance.FacebookFoodieDined on 7/14/2014My friend gave me a nice gift card to this restaurant for my birthday. The food was interesting and delicious. Servers were friendly and helpful. Food came out quickly. My only hesitation is that it is a bit pricey. Not prohibitively so, but definitely could only afford this meal on special occasions. I felt the food quality was high and I don't mind paying for quality but I can't drop $100 very often. That was pretty much the cost of two meals, two appetizers and two beers. Wine would have increased the cost and they do have a wonderful wine list. Overall really enjoyed the experience and will return in the future if the opportunity arises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieDined on 7/14/2014Food was good but service was disappointing. Bartender was not friendly and didn't even listen to our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bastille Day MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/13/2014My husband and I walked over to enjoy the Bastille Day menu. It was phenomenal! We could have eaten a dozen of the Gruyere puff pastry apps. Duck á l'orange was beyond amazing. Profiteroles for dessert...outstanding! And the Coco Chanel cocktails were a perfect summer evening refresher. We'd love to see these items on the regular menu!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food!BeerAficionadoDined on 7/12/2014My wife & I came here for our 5-year anniversary and this place was fantastic! Not too expensive for the quality of the food. I had the duck & my wife the lamb and both were exquisite, especially at under $30 each. They had a great wine list and after trying a couple, we actually decided to go with the house wine since we were surprisingly impressed by their cab sav (they have 4 house wines that are on tap & you can order either a 17oz or 25oz carafe). Overall a great experience! The service was great & our server, Isabelle, was very knowledgeable. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, varied menu...the BEST!leslieDined on 7/11/2014Lured to Brooklyn Girl by the special Bastille Day menu. Two starters, steak tartare and crispy sweetbreads, were the best we've ever had, including those we've had on innumerable trips to France. There are so many fantastic things to choose from that most restaurants don't offer: a huge selection of oysters, roasted bone marrow, duck a l'orange, very fresh fish, and on and on. The wine list is outstanding and very reasonably priced. We had profiteroles and a Pavlova for dessert; it doesn't get any better than that. A whimsical blackboard defines Brooklyn Girl: "n., a female with a foodatude." We'll say! Great service and décor. A happening place with an owner who comes by your table to chat. Five stars! Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- carolnpDined on 7/6/2014I have eaten here many times with friends since I moved to Mission Hills several months ago. The food is great! All my friends love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go again!katydidDined on 7/3/2014I was looking for a place close to Cinema Under the Stars that had good reviews and this fit the bill. The waitress did not smile and was not friendly nor attentive. The kale salad was not worth the price nor was it tasty. There were lots of brussels sprouts in the order; I prefer mine salty rather than sweet. Had a lemon drop at the bar first; the bartender was nice but too busy to be attentive. Trendy place for the younger crowd.Special Features: