Brooklyn Girl Eatery
4033 Goldfinch St.
San Diego, CA 92103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Brooklyn Girl Eatery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brooklyngirleatery.com/
- Phone: (619) 296-4600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday thru Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00 pm
Friday and Saturday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Colin Murray
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Brooklyn Girl Eatery
Casual neighborhood American eatery with a sustainable farm-to-table attitude. We will be open breakfast + lunch + dinner + late night with an extensive menu of seasonal and locally sourced organic products at very attractive price points. Full "artisanal" bar with a great selection of locally produced craft beers on tap and an extensive and affordable wine list. In addition we will have a "chef"s pantry" offering daily selection of salads, pasta, sandwiches, pastries and pre-prepared entrees to go. Locally owned and family operated, we want to be YOUR neighborhood "go-to" restaurant!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brooklyn Girl Eatery reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (99)fit for foodies (83)hot spot (43)special occasion (39)good for groups (35)vibrant bar scene (25)notable wine list (24)great for brunch (19)romantic (17)great for lunch (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Good food, Good ambianceShellsDined on 11/21/2014Been to BG one other time and really enjoy the food options! The staff are very friendly and attentive. This place is great for a first date or a business meeting. I could do without the popcorn but the food is yummy whatever you order! Try the hummus!!! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bparkfoodieDined on 11/19/2014Just discovered them. Great small plates. The Risotto is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch underwhelming, but Dinner is greatjj54Dined on 11/15/2014Went for brunch/lunch for the first time expecting the food to match the quality of the dinner menu. Unfortunately, it fell a bit short. Go for dinner, save the brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty dinner but few choicesBevgoDined on 11/11/2014The 4 of us had a wonderful Birthday Dinner experience. Loved the eclectic ambience- cool decor and furniture. The food was all very tasty. My only complaint is that the food menu had very few choices. If you're going there for wine or cocktails then this is the place- menu had one page for food and 5 or 6 pages for drinks.Special Features:
- Nice brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2014Great cocktails and tasty brunch. Good service. Nice decor.Special Features:
- Fix your AC!sloveDined on 11/8/2014Food and service were awesome but dinner was unenjoyable due to broken AC. Staff tried their best to make up for sweaty miserySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to tryJonasVIPDined on 11/8/2014The salad was great and the entrees were good. Would go back again.Special Features:
- BGELGPGDined on 11/4/2014Fourth or fifth time at BG. Must say it wasn't the best meal I've had there, but it was still pretty darn good. Popcorn was just plain popcorn - no exciting flavor combinations like previous visits. Kale Caesar (a favorite of ours) seemed to be missing something, but we could't put our fingers on it. Tried one of their "wood fired" pizzas for the first time (mushroom). Seemed like your run of the mill pizza to me. None of that fantastic char that you normally expect from a wood fired pizza, a bit greasy, and there were about nine mushrooms on the entire thing. Wouldn't order it again. Husband had the burger, which was huge and tasted amazing! Service, as always, was fantastic. Overall, still a great neighborhood spot for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014Disappointed, we may have hit this place on a off night, because I have heard others say it has been good. We started off with the cheese appetizer it was really good. When out entrees arrived , a different story. The fish and the insides of the fish tacos was good but the tortillas were so dry and cold they crumbled, and was impossible to eat as a taco. I ordered the pizza with rocket on it. Victoria's It was cold and bland, and the crust was tasteless not much flavor at all. The prosciutto on top was so cold almost frozen. We also ordered the duck which was dry and overcooked. the sauce was tasty so we used a lot of it. Nice place, nice people, but would not recommend the food. Nice place, nice place, but can't recommend the food.
- brunch is for foodiescharlieVIPDined on 11/2/2014brunch, ahh that hipster weekend event. french toast: large slab can be shared. lox and latkes can be shared among 3 and seafood fritatta: well right size but $18? can't see that. very very noisy at 11:45 with brunch bunches. by 1:30 quited down. recommend a group and share the plates. bloody mary hit the spot!Special Features:
- loved the duck and fig salad!CyndiDined on 10/31/2014AWESOME! loved it. Like the vibe at this restaurant too...that duck and fig salad is a gem! Veggie risotto was excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem in HillcrestAHBobDined on 10/28/2014A menu with lots of unique and delicious choices. If you want a pizza, Victoria's Choice is amazing. The wine list continues to offer lots a excellent and reasonably priced choices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/26/2014Went for dinner with my wife. Started with a good Manhattan and enjoyed the fried squash blossoms, a meaty pizza for her and the salmon for me. Everything was properly cooked, and the service knowledgeable. Server was able to get us the squash blossoms even though they were not on the daily printed menu. A great neighborhood place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/22/2014My wife took two European guests for dinner on a mid-week night. Excellent drinks and great steaks and lamb. Europeans loved the industrial/chic atmosphere and the chance to have US beef and cheesecake. It was a hitSpecial Features:
- Totally enjoyed ourselvesDebbie3Dined on 10/22/2014I met my daughter here for a midweek dinner and it was great! We could hear each other talking, our server, John, was attentive and had a great energy about him, and the food was delicious!Special Features:
- Always wonderfulfoodloveDined on 10/18/2014This has become one of my favorite restaurants in San Diego. The food, drinks are always excellent and the service perfectly attentive. Also, the chocolate chip bread pudding is a wonderful dessert that I do not skip.Special Features:
- Happy Hour a BustDateNightLoversDined on 10/10/2014Brooklyn Girl is a great restaurant for urbanite foodies. The atmosphere transports you to its New York borough namesake, the food is flavorful/interesting, and the drinks are artfully made, though everything there is very expensive. However, the Happy Hour is wholly inadequate. I lured/rushed my husband (tired from work) to the high-priced restaurant, promising Happy Hour savings which never materialized. Unfortunately, Happy Hour is only allowed in the bar and customers sitting at tables (dropping $26 for an entrée), cannot enjoy the discounts. Additionally, there were no available tables or stools in the bar. Anyone looking for a great Happy Hour with great food/comfortable table service should head across the street to the Patio.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gem!KenhawkVIPDined on 10/6/2014Really good food here! Try the roasted chicken and brussel sprouts! Great service and ambience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/4/2014Went for dinner with my wife and sat at the bar. Great and strong drinks and an interesting beer selection. I enjoyed the clam chowder and a large portion of pork short ribs with an excellent glaze. Forbidden rice was only so-so. My wife enjoyed a Margharita pizza. Dessert of coconut lemon cake was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealBriansocalVIPDined on 10/3/2014We had a great dinner at Brooklyn Girl. The food is delicious and the portions are delicious. Service is very friendly and fast. The decor is fun and you see lots of fun things everywhere you look.Special Features:
- Repeat CustomerAndresVIPDined on 10/2/2014Coming back to Brooklyn Girl was an overdue delight. The combination of the great & friendly staff, phenomenal food, and reasonable price was an inspiring reminder that I need to come back here more often. The vibe here comforting, yet energetic and allows anybody enjoy a fun night!Special Features:
- Just About PerfectPasadenaDiDined on 9/29/2014My companion and I both ordered the whole fish, which turned out to be one of the best seafood dishes I've had this year, perhaps ever, and I eat a lot of fish. The sides were delicious, with no skimping on the roasted veggies and crunchy potatoes. The service was friendly, but serene and highly professional -- and that applies not just to our waitperson, but to her backup as well. The architecture and decor are contemporary and striking and the ceiling high enough to absorb much of the noise. We were there on a Monday and there were only two or three empty tables (tables are spaciously arranged), so I would expect the restaurant is packed on weekends. Thankfully, BG takes reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reminds me of NYdineNYDined on 9/27/2014I'm never disappointed with Brooklyn Girl. The food and cocktails are always fresh and inspiring. I love walking in and immediately feel like I'm in my favorite NY restaurant, love, love the ambiance! My to do place!Special Features:
- great find!michiedazzleDined on 9/26/2014We went here for restaurant week and really enjoyed the atmosphere. The bowls of popcorn were a fun at the beginning and the food was great. Can't wait to go back for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service needs improvementrebecca3778Dined on 9/26/2014We were excited to try Brooklyn girl for the first time. Our party of 6 consisted of 3 couples out for a triple date. The table was perfect. A round table so we all were able to have conversations and share appetizers. The other two couples chose the restaurant week menu while my boyfriend and I chose to order the whole fish which was not offered on that menu (meaning we didn't pre-select a dessert). The service was awful. We felt rushed the entire time with un-empty plates being pre-bussed without our consent. The waiter constantly forgot things and never asked if we wanted dessert until the other couples already had there's. We asked for coffee but it arrived after all of the desserts were complete so we felt we had to chug it down.Special Features:
- sharpshooterzDined on 9/21/2014We went to take advantage of Reataurant week and decided to try something new. Food was excellent as well as the sevice! They had popcorn instead of bread, which we love. Awesome experience for my wife and I. I will definitley return and recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seasonal menulegallybrunetteVIPDined on 9/21/2014I came with two of my friends for Restaurant Week and loved it! We enjoyed the salmon, chorizo polenta, meatballs and short ribs and everything was absolutely delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant as a fun date night restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodFireandRainVIPDined on 9/21/2014The server was very attentive although one entree was served about 10-15 minutes after the other three. The owner was very apologetic and gave us a free muscat as compensation. Very worth visiting again despite the one flaw. Good food...restaurant week.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week, A Birthday DinnerfunkyVIPDined on 9/21/2014The service was excellent, the food was delicious and the pre-fixed meal was a good deal!Special Features:
- Dinner with CathyJeanieBDined on 9/20/2014First time to try this restaurant. Food was excellent. Menu is limited. Service was wonderful. Noise level was very loud and it was difficult to hear each other. Would go again ... maybe.Special Features:
- Very Good Food !vhillmdDined on 9/19/2014Menu looked limited, but the food was very Very, VERY GOOD! The Black Mussel Pot was very tasty. The Thai coconut sauce was so good, we dunked the the grilled baguette to get all of it. We were not unhappy with both the 12 oz Brined Duroc Pork Chop and Bone in New York Steak. The chop was large and cooked to perfection. Homerun! The NY steak was ordered medium, but I received it closer to medium rare. The cook knew what he was doing, it was succulent. Highly recommend both. Very energetic place. Recommend you speak loudly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crafted Cocktailsandreb619VIPDined on 9/16/2014Excellent selection of well-made crafted cocktails. Food is great too. Brunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Brooklyn girlPeanutDined on 9/12/2014Our waiter recommended the most expensive things in all areas. Food, salad, wine and sides. I was going to order the summer salad which was $17. She said its on the small side and won't fill you up so I ordered the ahi which was delicious but when my friends summer salad came, it covered a whole dinner plate and was big enough for a dinner or for 2 people to share pre dinner. Everything was delious, just didn't like her trying to up sale everything and not being honest. She did the same thing with our wine. I didn't listen to her on this and went with my gut and my wine, the cheaper one was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lezlie1031dinefiestDined on 9/12/2014Libby was one of the best servers!! She wasn't even assigned to our table but still checked on us and made sure we were taken care of. Staff was all polite but felt Libby went a step above the others. All in all fun restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StuinSDVIPDined on 9/9/2014service was great.... love the oyster bar.... both of our dinners were very good... we will be backSpecial Features:
- We keep coming backluv2eatDined on 9/6/2014Great atmosphere, excellent food, creative menu and good service. A wonderful combination for a very satisfying evening. The owners are warm and friendly and very involved in making your experience a good one!Special Features:
- Great atmosphereVegieLoverDined on 9/5/2014Great atmosphere, great service, good food! Little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great everytimeparttimesandieganDined on 9/3/2014my husband and I are part time residents of san diego so we dont like wasting time eating at mediocre restaurants. ..we love Brooklyn Girl for it's consistently good food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ridiculously Loud! Food meh...thedishVIPDined on 9/3/2014It is disturbingly loud in this restaurant. There is no music playing, yet you cannot hear the server or your table mates. Plus, the menus are dirty - I do not support waste and appreciate the re-use of menus, but these menus were paper, uncovered, and all had stains and/or actual remnants of food on them. For the record, the beet salad was delicious and the server was nice (tried hard), but that is not enough to make up for the accompanying mediocre food and uncomfortably loud environment.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/1/2014Had a wonderful dinner. The food was fresh and perfectly prepared and service warm, attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.