Brooklyn, NY 11205Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thebrooklyncornerstone.com/
- Phone: 7186434216
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:30am
Brunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
< br> Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Billy Ahearn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Call us about catering your next event. We will tailor a menu to fit your needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We rent out our second floor dining room, lounge, back deck or entire restaurant if necessary. We can customize menus for cocktail parties, sit down dinners, buffet service or a combination of styles.
- Private Party Contact: Alonzo 7186434216
- Entertainment: Live Jazz on Friday and Saturday nights DJs during weekend brunch. Live sporting events on the big screens in the lounge. Like us on Facebook and check our page for nightly specials and happenings.
- Cross Street: Corner of Dekalb Avenue
- Public Transit: C train to Lafayette, walk southeast on Fulton, left on Greene, left on Adelphi, walk 2 blocks to corner of Dekalb. OR G train to Washington-Clinton, walk North on Waverly to Dekalb, left on Dekalb, 4 blocks to Adelphi St.
- Parking: Street Parking
A word from Brooklyn Cornerstone
Cornerstone is restaurant and lounge in the heart of Fort Greene Brooklyn. The dishes on the menu are made from locally sourced produce, humanely raised meats and sustainable seafood. The outdoor seating on two floors is the best in the city. The full bar features our own twist on classic cocktails as well as beer on draft and in bottles, and wine by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brooklyn Cornerstone reviews from OpenTable diners
- Projector = failOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/17/2013Showed up for our reservation expecting a nice date spot with good new American cuisine. Couldn't even say how the food was (gave a 'fair' to be neutral), because for no obvious reason they had a giant projector running on one wall, drenching the entire dining room in bright white/blue light, playing a basketball game with the volume cranked up to max. For the first fifteen minutes it wasn't even the game; it was the pre-show. Ordered a drink and left. Servers seemed wholly unaware of our presence despite being one of two tables in the whole place (rest of crowd, about five people, were at the bar). No idea who they thought would want to pair their intimate, low-lit meal with a screaming Knicks game. Drinks, admittedly, were delicious.
- One of the best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013One of the best restaurants in Brooklyn for sure. Awesome food, good music, great service, friendly environment & the collard-green rolls are to die forSpecial Features:
- The food was fine, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The food was fine, the service was terrible. It was Valentine's Day and our waitress only visited our table once, to take our order. She wasn't seen again until we flagged her down for the bill. My boyfriend ordered a beer and got half of one, when he went to the bar to have them top it off he was told "that's how stouts are poured"...we were bartenders before, that is not how a stout is poured. If she had come to our table we could have told her we never received half of the items we ordered. The food was good though and the ambiance was very nice.Special Features:
- Soulful vibe!mlg1Dined on 12/30/2012My boyfriend & I ate dinner here on December 30th, 2012 & we absolutely loved it. If you love soul food & soul music you won't be disapointed. The music was so good my boyfriend decided we needed to dance! The food was yummy, I loved the blackened salmon & quinoa dish & my boyfriend loved his steak.Special Features:
- This place is better suitedChrisDined on 10/20/2012This place is better suited for brunch but not so much for dinner food selection is small. One thing I did not like about that. Night the hostess was sort of rude when asking us to hurry up and finish eat within the hour to accommodate multiple parties. I did not appreciate being given a time frame if I'm paying my money other than that the staff is generally niceSpecial Features:
- Great spot in Brooklyn. IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2012Great spot in Brooklyn. I always wanted to go to this place and when I finally did I was very pleased. The food takes a bit long but it was good! I've gone fro brunch several times since this visit and even went for my birthday which is when I discovered they have outdoor dining upstairs. I feel like a true Brooklynite when I eat here. Fav spot in deed!Special Features:
- It's a really cute scene andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012It's a really cute scene and pretty good food. The only problem I have was the service. It was way too slow and we were the last ppl thereSpecial Features:
- Love the enviroment and theRuPriceVIPDined on 7/31/2012Love the enviroment and the food was impressive. Unfortunately service was extremely slow but I had read the reviews prior to going and it wasnt a total surprise but just disappointing it took so long to get food/drinks.Special Features:
- Had a great dinner there lastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2012Had a great dinner there last week. Unfortunately there was a party going on upstairs with the music and DJ killing the romantic feel of the restaurant. We ended up moving outside where things were better. Food was excellent. Service was pretty slow both for the food and check. If you have a good server and don't go during a rented party upstairs, I'm sure you'll be blown away.Special Features:
- Fine food, service,and reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/16/2012Fine food, service,and reasonable prices make this a restaurant we recommend.Special Features:
- UNpleasantly Surprised...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012Okay, we were seated quickly. It took 15 minutes for a server to come to our table and ask us what we wanted to drink. Now, the calamari came to our table in like 60 seconds, but it took an HOUR for our entrees to come! Come on now, REALLY?! Also, the server didn't seem to be too concerned with the service provided to us. That DEFINITELY affected his tip, for the record. The guy that puts the water and glasses on the table was more attentive! My food was mediocre at best, but my girlfriend wasn't impressed with her food at all. And the macaroni and cheese seemed like it was a box of Kraft's Deluxe! Overall, I was disappointed with my experience at the Cornerstone. It didn't meet my expectations, and I actually had high hopes for this place.