220 Sandy Springs Circle
Sandy Springs, GA 30328Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brooklyncafe.com/
- Phone: 4048438377
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike ''Shooter' Horosh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Brooklyn Cafe
The Brooklyn Cafe offers Contemporary Neighborhood Cuisine, with Boutique wines and friendly service. Locals rave about the Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Shrimp Tacos, and Jack"s Creole. There is truly something for everyone here!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Brooklyn Cafe - Best Restaurants in Sandy Springs ›
Brooklyn Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (86)fit for foodies (54)great for outdoor dining (47)great for lunch (43)special occasion (24)notable wine list (24)romantic (14)good for groups (13)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (9)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great!JulieDEVIPDined on 10/18/2014We always enjoy a meal at Brooklyn Cafe! The food and service are great!Special Features:
- 10-15-14 dinner with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/15/2014Had dinner at the bar with a friend. The bartender (don't recall his name) was great. He had excellent wine suggestions and was very helpful regarding wines and the dinner menu. I had the shrimp tacos and they were so good! (as usual). My friend had the lobster bisque and the artichokes, which were both delicious. This place is consistently good and welcoming. Love going to Brooklyn Cafe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decided to try for first timeJulieVIPDined on 10/11/2014Cute neighborhood place. Food was good. Portions good. Limited menu but it covered a variety of options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceCarolDined on 10/4/2014It was a most enjoyable lunch. My guest was running late but Jamie and staff made my wait enjoyable. A friend with her 14 month old baby joined me and they gave him snacks to munch on. When my guest arrived we had a delightful belated birthday lunch including a delicious desert. So, thank you all. PS: They also made it easy for me being in a wheelchair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 9/20/2014Must have hit it on a bad night. Food was over salted. Salad dressing was overdone and vinegary. Also weren't told the price of the special and had a real shock when the bill came. Felt ripped off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!K8ofATLDined on 9/17/2014We are never disappointed in our meal at Brooklyn Cafe! The hostess was so accommodating when we called to say we were running late. Our table was waiting for us when we got there. We asked if we could eat outside and she said she would keep an eye out and move us if it looked possible. We never did, but she was so nice, as was our waiter. We look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- Simply Very GoodDiscouragedVIPDined on 9/13/2014Some of the items on their menu are to die for. The smoked salmon appertizer with dill sauce is on another planet. The crab cakes are so delicious that you better be really hungry, otherwise it will become a second meal. There are others like the pork chop which closely resembles a New York strip steak, and other goodies to be had. This establishment could become one of our favorites as the choices in the metro Atlanta area are dwindling because of lousy food, service, and hoopla.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014We haven't been to the restaurant in over 10 years, for no particular reason, so was happy to experience it just like I had 10 years ago, great food, service & atmosphere! We met another couple there and had a great time. The waiter recommendations were right on and it was truly a great experience. Hoping it won't be another 10 years before we go back!Special Features:
- Consistency reignsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2014Great place to sit outside on a Saturday night and celebrate anniversaries. Started with chips and blue cheese and panko encrusted tomatoes - yum. I had the shrimp tacos - always good. Rest of the group's chicken, steak salad and rib eye were demolished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/4/2014FOOD IS CONSISTENTLY VERY GOOD; SERVICE IS EXCELLENT; STAFF VERY FRIENDLY; A NICE PLACE TO DINE.Special Features:
- springflingDined on 9/4/2014the crab cake on a salad is just the best thing ever !Special Features:
- ExcellenceKellyDined on 8/27/2014Brooklyn Cafe is one of my favorite spots in Sandy Springs excellent food as always friendly fun serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Summer Evening MealDunwoodyDinersDined on 8/25/2014We happened to go to Brooklyn Cafe during a wine tasting. We had a wonderful meal, my wife had crab cakes and I had salmon, and then we enjoyed watching the people visit the sampling tables on the patio. Brooklyn Cafe is a nice place to relax, enjoy an expertly prepared meal, and have a comfortable foodie experience. Don't miss the key lime pie with crushed pecans in the crust.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood BistroDealmakerVIPDined on 8/22/2014We always enjoy our meals at Brooklyn Cafe. The lamb chops are great.Service is always good.Special Features:
- Enjoyable lunchOutForFunVIPDined on 8/21/2014Hadn't been in a while; liked what I saw on the menu. Had a very enjoyable lunch. Reasonably good service; very tasty crab cake and grilled asparagus. Great value for lunch.Special Features:
- Simply delightful!SSTownieDined on 8/20/2014This restaurant is truly a neighborhood gem. There's a nice selection of dinner entrees. I especially recommend the crab cakes -- totally free of filler and absolutely delicious. The wait staff is courteous and attentive in just the right measure. Whether dining in or out on the patio, the atmosphere is pretty subdued, allowing for reasonably quiet conversation. Works for me. It's not your any day alternative to eating at home, but given the caliber of the food, I have no complaint with the pricing. Go there for a birthday treat or anniversary celebration. Enjoy!Special Features:
- A real Sandy Springs gembj51VIPDined on 8/15/2014One of our favorites where the owner and staff know us and really take great care of us. Service is great and personalized. The food is wonderful yet a great value. Excellent wine selection at very reasonable prices. (Some less that what we would pay at Costco!) A comparable meal in Buckhead could easily cost twice as much and be harder to get to and park. Free parking is plentiful, so there is no need for a valet. We really could not ask for anything better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood gemEatonWrightVIPDined on 8/14/2014Some of the best service you will receive any where. Very good American food with one of the most outstanding wine lists for the money of any restaurant in ATL. Pay particular attention to the Spanish reds that they feature.Special Features:
- Good food, service very slowAltantaDinerVIPDined on 8/14/2014Love their crab cakes and burgers! Artichokes are fabulous. Nice neighborhood gem. Lunchtime service is very slow. Took 20 minutes for server to take our order. Perhaps management might wish to hire more servers for lunch. Restaurant is always busy at noon and this is the send time that service has been an issue. I suggest you go for lunch when you have lots of time to spare.Special Features:
- food2loveDined on 8/13/2014Can;t say enough about delicious food, great service and the fact that we can walk to restaurant if we choose. A real neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!lovinfoodDined on 8/9/2014We've been coming to the BC for years and it is so consistently good that it has become our "go-to" place with friends and family. The menu has great variety and the specials really are special! It is a touch noisy because everyone's having lots of fun, but in the end I realized we were part of that dynamic!Special Features:
- Fun evening with friendsVjgvVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were a table of four and we all enjoyed our food. The service was good, my martini was very good and the wine my fellow diners shared they enjoyed it as well. It was a very good experience overall. We will be back as well as our friends who were new to this restaurant. Brooklyn scored two new customers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feel Like HomeTomcatVIPDined on 8/2/2014A great place for lunch or dinner. Owners get it, solid food, wine and pricing is amazing and servers have been there for years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Yet CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2014Brooklyn Cafe mixes neighborhood charm with first class food and beverage. From the warm greeting on arrival, to the owner uncorking your wine, to the server's friendly attitude and command of the menu, Brooklyn Cafe does not disappoint. The menu leaves you struggling to choose between options as they all appear appetizing, but does guarantee a return trip. Mature crowd and upscale clientele. Definitely worth an evening out. Enjoy!Special Features:
- GemKakaDined on 8/1/2014Brooklyn Cafe's food is outstanding. Their outdoor seating is so nice, great for lunch and dinner, and great service!!!!!Special Features:
- Best crab cakes ever at this placebeeboVIPDined on 7/25/2014I am not a huge fan of crab cakes, but I tried the ones here and now will never order anything else.Special Features:
- Sandy Springs BestBOOODined on 7/23/2014Just a wonderful place. If you haven't been go! Short Ribs are the best in all of Atlanta.Special Features:
- Wonderful!sandyspringsDined on 7/18/2014The food and service are always beyond wonderful at Brooklyn Cafe! My husband and I always look forward to date nights there and have never been disappointed. I HIGHLY recommend for a couple or small group!Special Features:
- wine list SUPER good pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/16/2014But they are often out of the bottle I want......They get Great tomatoes and their GF crab cake is terrific ! Sitting on a covered patio on a nice night is Wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/12/2014Outstanding staff. Very professional. Food is always made with fresh ingredients and they make their own special saucesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My guests loved it!TwoStrikesDined on 7/11/2014Took a group from out of town and everyone loved it. The personal touches really make this place. The owner, Jeff, is always present, makes you feel special, etc. The food is fresh, tasty and there's plenty of it. Great wine list too. Always reliable...you can't go wrong here!Special Features:
- Fun times!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/2/2014We have been coming here for several years to celebrate so many things! We are all teachers and this has been one of our favorite spots! Love that we can bring our own wine and no one has looked at us funny! The best part is this way we can order more food to share!! The only snafu this time was we didn't get our order in quick enough for the special that night. But we have never been disappointed in our selections! And we always get the chocolate cake with cold milk to end the night! This time we also ordered the white chocolate bread pudding. OMG! Delicious!Special Features:
- The following 358 reviews are from the Brooklyn Cafe reviews archive.
- A neighborhood gem!debbie2dinnerDined on 6/25/2014Always delicious, great menu & wine list, fabulous service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood TreasureLandlockedVIPDined on 6/14/2014not just a gem; even better! An enormous gift to Sandy Springs. Good folks, reliable and tasty food, always interesting wines, everything your favorite neighborhood spot should be.Special Features:
- Best crab cakes anywhere!MerriDiningReviewsVIPDined on 6/13/2014There are many great things on the menu (chicken & sausage creole off the charts) but the crab cakes are the best I have had anywhere - and I have had them everywhere - and I make a great crab cake! The grilled artichokes are also incredible!! They are consistent and to die for!! The service is also consistently outstanding! The patio is pet friendly but I take our puppy on a Saturday afternoon when it's a little more quiet and not complete sensory overload!Special Features:
- Top NotchnicknameDined on 6/12/2014Great all around! The artichoke app is amazing and they have a dish for all tastes. The bar is generous and they are not greedy on their wine mark up.Special Features:
- Always awesomeKathDined on 6/9/2014Although the watermelon and tomato salad isn't in yet, the shrimp salad is still killer at Brooklyn Café. Excellent service and friendly waiters make it all fun. Thanks,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for food and wineLive2EatDined on 5/23/2014Delicious crab cakes, shrimp tacos and the special of the night were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy as usualKellyDined on 5/23/2014We love coming to Beooklyn Cafe service is great food is delicious like the specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/20/2014Always terrific ...great neighborhood spot....excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.