220 Sandy Springs Circle
Sandy Springs, GA 30328Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brooklyncafe.com/
- Phone: 4048438377
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mike ''Shooter' Horosh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Brooklyn Cafe
The Brooklyn Cafe offers Contemporary Neighborhood Cuisine, with Boutique wines and friendly service. Locals rave about the Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Shrimp Tacos, and Jack"s Creole. There is truly something for everyone here!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Brooklyn Cafe - Best Restaurants in Sandy Springs ›
Brooklyn Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (76)great for outdoor dining (48)fit for foodies (44)great for lunch (41)notable wine list (25)special occasion (24)great for brunch (15)good for groups (14)romantic (11)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)Show More
- A real Sandy Springs gembj51VIPDined on 8/15/2014One of our favorites where the owner and staff know us and really take great care of us. Service is great and personalized. The food is wonderful yet a great value. Excellent wine selection at very reasonable prices. (Some less that what we would pay at Costco!) A comparable meal in Buckhead could easily cost twice as much and be harder to get to and park. Free parking is plentiful, so there is no need for a valet. We really could not ask for anything better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service very slowAltantaDinerVIPDined on 8/14/2014Love their crab cakes and burgers! Artichokes are fabulous. Nice neighborhood gem. Lunchtime service is very slow. Took 20 minutes for server to take our order. Perhaps management might wish to hire more servers for lunch. Restaurant is always busy at noon and this is the send time that service has been an issue. I suggest you go for lunch when you have lots of time to spare.Special Features:
- food2loveDined on 8/13/2014Can;t say enough about delicious food, great service and the fact that we can walk to restaurant if we choose. A real neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!lovinfoodDined on 8/9/2014We've been coming to the BC for years and it is so consistently good that it has become our "go-to" place with friends and family. The menu has great variety and the specials really are special! It is a touch noisy because everyone's having lots of fun, but in the end I realized we were part of that dynamic!Special Features:
- Fun evening with friendsVjgvVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were a table of four and we all enjoyed our food. The service was good, my martini was very good and the wine my fellow diners shared they enjoyed it as well. It was a very good experience overall. We will be back as well as our friends who were new to this restaurant. Brooklyn scored two new customers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feel Like HomeTomcatDined on 8/2/2014A great place for lunch or dinner. Owners get it, solid food, wine and pricing is amazing and servers have been there for years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Yet CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2014Brooklyn Cafe mixes neighborhood charm with first class food and beverage. From the warm greeting on arrival, to the owner uncorking your wine, to the server's friendly attitude and command of the menu, Brooklyn Cafe does not disappoint. The menu leaves you struggling to choose between options as they all appear appetizing, but does guarantee a return trip. Mature crowd and upscale clientele. Definitely worth an evening out. Enjoy!Special Features:
- GemKakaDined on 8/1/2014Brooklyn Cafe's food is outstanding. Their outdoor seating is so nice, great for lunch and dinner, and great service!!!!!Special Features:
- Best crab cakes ever at this placebeeboVIPDined on 7/25/2014I am not a huge fan of crab cakes, but I tried the ones here and now will never order anything else.Special Features:
- Sandy Springs BestBOOODined on 7/23/2014Just a wonderful place. If you haven't been go! Short Ribs are the best in all of Atlanta.Special Features:
- Wonderful!sandyspringsDined on 7/18/2014The food and service are always beyond wonderful at Brooklyn Cafe! My husband and I always look forward to date nights there and have never been disappointed. I HIGHLY recommend for a couple or small group!Special Features:
- wine list SUPER good pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/16/2014But they are often out of the bottle I want......They get Great tomatoes and their GF crab cake is terrific ! Sitting on a covered patio on a nice night is Wonderful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/12/2014Outstanding staff. Very professional. Food is always made with fresh ingredients and they make their own special saucesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My guests loved it!TwoStrikesDined on 7/11/2014Took a group from out of town and everyone loved it. The personal touches really make this place. The owner, Jeff, is always present, makes you feel special, etc. The food is fresh, tasty and there's plenty of it. Great wine list too. Always reliable...you can't go wrong here!Special Features:
- Fun times!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/2/2014We have been coming here for several years to celebrate so many things! We are all teachers and this has been one of our favorite spots! Love that we can bring our own wine and no one has looked at us funny! The best part is this way we can order more food to share!! The only snafu this time was we didn't get our order in quick enough for the special that night. But we have never been disappointed in our selections! And we always get the chocolate cake with cold milk to end the night! This time we also ordered the white chocolate bread pudding. OMG! Delicious!Special Features:
- A neighborhood gem!debbie2dinnerDined on 6/25/2014Always delicious, great menu & wine list, fabulous service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood TreasureLandlockedVIPDined on 6/14/2014not just a gem; even better! An enormous gift to Sandy Springs. Good folks, reliable and tasty food, always interesting wines, everything your favorite neighborhood spot should be.Special Features:
- Best crab cakes anywhere!MerriDiningReviewsVIPDined on 6/13/2014There are many great things on the menu (chicken & sausage creole off the charts) but the crab cakes are the best I have had anywhere - and I have had them everywhere - and I make a great crab cake! The grilled artichokes are also incredible!! They are consistent and to die for!! The service is also consistently outstanding! The patio is pet friendly but I take our puppy on a Saturday afternoon when it's a little more quiet and not complete sensory overload!Special Features:
- Top NotchnicknameDined on 6/12/2014Great all around! The artichoke app is amazing and they have a dish for all tastes. The bar is generous and they are not greedy on their wine mark up.Special Features:
- Always awesomeKathDined on 6/9/2014Although the watermelon and tomato salad isn't in yet, the shrimp salad is still killer at Brooklyn Café. Excellent service and friendly waiters make it all fun. Thanks,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for food and wineLive2EatDined on 5/23/2014Delicious crab cakes, shrimp tacos and the special of the night were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy as usualKellyDined on 5/23/2014We love coming to Beooklyn Cafe service is great food is delicious like the specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/20/2014Always terrific ...great neighborhood spot....excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relax Enjoy FunBrooklyncafeDined on 5/17/2014Every time we go we have a wonderful meal. The staff is friendly and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Great lunchBarbDined on 5/16/2014First time I have been disappointed in the chicken Caesar salad.Special Features:
- always love going therelovegoodfoodDined on 5/13/2014for years it has been the place to go for good and healthy food, friendly service, and intimate atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Nice neighborhood spottkent1234VIPDined on 5/8/2014If you live if Sandy Springs, or close by, this is a nice little neighborhood spot. Good food and friendly service. Lots of locals make this a regular spot.Special Features:
- 2nd time aroundDiscouragedVIPDined on 5/3/2014Very good the second time as was the first. Next time, going to try something different to see what else is deliciousSpecial Features:
- Great Appetizers and SoupsAdrianVIPDined on 4/30/2014Good food, a wide selection of wines, and good service make Brooklyn Cafe worth a visit. However out of the dishes I tried, only a couple left me saying "wow". Both were from their appetizers/soups, one being their Grilled Avocado and Crab, and the other the Lobster Bisque. I ordered the Shrimp Tacos, and felt that I've tried the same quality in several other places but for a lesser price. The dinner menu was comprised of other eye catching plates such as their New Zealand Lamb Chops, so I expect to return in hopes of finding that entree leaving me wanting for more.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingfoodexplorerDined on 4/26/2014Panko tomatoes were heavily breaded and fried with a drizzle of a tasteless cream sauce; adding salt and lots of fresh ground pepper helped. My steak salad was odd - the salad portion was unremarkable and the 3 medallions of steak, although very tender, had been marinated in pineapple juice which totally overwhelmed the flavor of the meat. The patio was very pleasant but not enough to get me to return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 342 reviews are from the Brooklyn Cafe reviews archive.
- New restaurant on our listDiscouragedVIPDined on 4/19/2014We were pleasantly surprised about everything. The food, service, and ambience. The food was absolutely out of sight, Crab cakes to die for. The crab cakes were pure crab and a little binder, but no breading inside. We also had lobster bisque which was also out of sight. I had a smoked salmon appetizer which was on another planet. All in all, this was some of this was some of the best seafood we ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair FindFishVIPDined on 4/18/2014The very best item of dinner by far was the salad- superb! Other items were underwhelming; especially the shrimp taco with frozen shrimp. There are so many good restaurants in Sandy Springs- might want to avoid this one. However, the bar was hopping so the alcoholic beverages must be awesome!!Special Features:
- Short Ribs HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014The Brooklyn Cafe have the Best Short Ribs in Atlanta. Bar none…They absolutely melt in your Mouth!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a nice dinner at BSnsnVIPDined on 4/12/2014We had a nice dinner at B Cafe.......we were disappointed to know that the salmon was "farm raised" and not wild caught. Our meals were tasty and the portions were nice. The presentation seemed a little "off " as compared to previous times there. There are other places out there that I would not have to make these comments.....not certain if we will rush back to B Cafe.
- Always great food, interestingsurprisedDined on 4/11/2014Always great food, interesting and well prepared. Service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable, great foodYellowjacketVIPDined on 4/10/2014BC has begun sending out a weekly special to their mailing list which gives an added component to their reliable general menu. Seared scallops were perfectly done and the new kale salad a fresh side. Service was a little distracted but maitre 'd stepped in a made it right. A class act.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighbhorhood placeJohnVIPDined on 3/28/2014although Brooklyn café legitimately can be said to be the closest quality restaurant to our home, that's not why we chose it. over the years, despite several changes in chefs, it has consistently turned out great food. and as a neighborhood place, we always bump into people we know. several of the waitstaff have been there for quite some time, are unusually good and personable, and know us as regulars. Another nice point is that one diner can enjoy a light entrée for $16 while another has a full dinner - just watch out for the unpriced specials that can run into the thirties.
- The crab cakes are incredible.susanDined on 3/15/2014The crab cakes are incredible. Some of the best in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite lunch placeVjgvVIPDined on 3/12/2014The food is always consitantly good and the wait staff does a good job as well. Dinner is very good too, but we prefer to go to lunch here.Special Features:
- Brooklyn Cafe has a nice neighborhodzinrDined on 3/7/2014Brooklyn Cafe has a nice neighborhood feel, with an upscale menu with variety in selections and the price was reasonable. The service was attentive without being too intrusive. If I lived closer, I think I would be here often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.