Broken Plate Kitchen & Bar - Willow Park
590-10816 Macleod Trail SE
Calgary, AB T2J 5N8Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: CAN$30 and under
Broken Plate Kitchen & Bar - Willow Park
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brokenplate.ca/
- Phone: 4032259650x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm; Sunday: 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Ervin Bushi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We provide catering for small and large groups. Please refer to Broken Plate Willow Park website (brokenplate.ca, follow link to Willow Park location)for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant accomodates groups anywhere from 5 to 100 people for events or celebrations such as corporate meetings, birthdays, anniversaries etc. We offer a la carte or set menus and we can accomodate any allergies or dietary restrictions you may have. Although we specialize in Greek cuisine, our menu offers a wide enough variety to satisfy most palates in your party.
- Entertainment: Belly Dancing every Friday and Saturday evening from November 15 to December 31.
New Year's Eve: Belly Dancing, Champagne, and party favours!!!
- Special Events: Belly Dancing every Friday and Saturday night between 8:30-9:00, starting November 15th-December 31st. Reserve now!
A word from Broken Plate Kitchen & Bar - Willow Park
Through its use of fresh seasonal ingredients, Broken Plate Kitchen & Bar brings a refined, cosmopolitan flair to Mediterranean culinary tradition as well as other favorites. The owners and chefs are proud to have ushered in a new era of appreciation for vibrant Greek flavors. More than a decade after opening its doors, Broken Plate owners invite you to try some of their favorite dishes and wish you a Greek bon appetit: Kali Orexi!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Broken Plate Kitchen & Bar - Willow Park - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Broken Plate Kitchen & Bar - Willow Park reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)special occasion (44)good for groups (38)fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (21)romantic (20)kid-friendly (16)notable wine list (14)great for outdoor dining (8)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Crazy goodbiannualcalgarytripDined on 10/19/2014Food is so full of flavor, on-line reservation process so easy, not a fan of bar table for two.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable!LuvgoodfoodDined on 10/17/2014Great, friendly service. Food outstanding. There were four of us dining & all of us enjoyed our meal. (The salmon, seafood salmon, lamb shank & rib meal) Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- There's a first time for everythingKJERDined on 10/17/2014So after years and years of never being disappointed I finally had an entree I didn't love. But it took a long, long time before that happened. I've always enjoyed every food item and beverage that I have ordered over the many years I've been going to the Willow Park Broken Plate restaurant. So this is a first, and really it's just because I love the "special" I decided to try. It's not that there was even anything really wrong with it. It's more that it just wasn't my taste. So this restaurant will stay at the top of my list for favourites for years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek gemThesilverfixDined on 10/17/2014Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Loved breaking the plates to celebrate our 55th anniversary!Special Features:
- Greek food is a welcome reliefgreatspotDined on 10/7/2014I miss having Broken Plate in my neighbourhood, which is Kensington/Hillhurst. It was one of my favourites for lunch with a girlfriend. The menu offers items which are unique and are not standard fair at everyday lunch spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mdobratz69Dined on 10/5/2014This was my first time going to this restaurant, I found this restaurant to warm and cozy, the food was excellent. The service was good and the atmosphere was a perfect setting for a nice dinner for a good price. I will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't even stay for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Walked in said we had a reservation. Greeter said he would be back in a second. Waited ten minutes and he never returned so we left.
- Highly recommendedRejdDined on 9/27/2014Was a last minute decision to go here. Was not disappointed. Amazing food and service. Will defenitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Six of us had a reason to celebrate last Friday and had a great night at Broken Plate. Food was fantastic and the service fit our schedule (which changed as we had more wine)!
- Food SO Greek; Decor NOT so much.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014This was a birthday celebration and the food and service was awesome. It would have been just a notch better though if the decor was more authentic, small world Greek. Opa!Special Features:
- Broken Plate - failed terriblyhoghead2013Dined on 9/23/2014The steak special was pretty ordinary (ordered by 2 people), the lamb was under cooked and the the Greek ribs had hardly any seasoning. Good thing the baklava was tasty or the evening would have been a total disaster.
- Just like KensingtonLeHammerDined on 9/21/2014Everything here is similar to what you got at the former Kensington location. Good place for family dinner, it strikes a balance between quality of food and speed of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!KJERDined on 9/20/2014I've been to the Broken Plate many times and I've tried a good variety of items on their menu and I have never been disappointed with any food items I've ordered. I don't like lentils, but they let me try a sample of their lentil soup and it was actually very good. The only lentil soup I've ever liked in my life. This restaurant is always on our list of places to go when we want a good meal, in a nice place with good service. They never disappoint! You can't say that about all restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best friend dinner dateMarieWDined on 9/13/2014My best friend and I went for dinner here for the first time and we liked it. The wine is definitely over-priced but that's to be expected. We were seated right away which was great. Our server was very professional and friendly. The food was good, but we both ordered a side of prawns with our meal and they were completely cold. We would both definitely go back though :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchtime reunionfoothillsdinerDined on 9/5/2014This was a get-together with a sister and cousin I hadn't seen in a year. Broken Plate is a Greek restaurant with a light cheery ambiance. Our waitress was exceptionally attentive and good-humoured. (Humour is spelled correctly, so trash the red line.) Ironically the only food I found disappointing was the Greek salad. Something about the dressing seemed off.Special Features:
- Good foodamackDined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent however the service was lacking in energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!RhonaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Although the restaurant was very busy, the food was fantastic and service was great!Special Features:
- Good but not greatSpikeDined on 8/29/2014Enjoyed everything, but have to say the menu has been leaving me less than inspired and the special was just "OK".Special Features:
- Great Food, Great atmosphereAlainInCalgaryVIPDined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed a quiet diner for 2. Great place to take your time and enjoy your meal. The food is very authentic and consistent each time we visit. The Flamming dishes always add to the excitement and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodSarahbeth29Dined on 8/22/2014The food was absolutely fantastic! Delicious! Portion sizes are very generous and the staff was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceblunnerDined on 8/14/2014My last visit to Broken Plate was over a year ago. Returning a few nights ago, the food was as good as I remembered! However, the service was very inconsiderate. Interrupting conversation several times, forgetting side dishes (with no rush to get them after they were reminded!), had no idea which of us had which meal, and reaching right in front of our faces to fill our water glasses unasked. The server was friendly, just hurried and brash and without basic courtesy. As a mother myself, I don't mind children in restaurants, but maybe seat them away from the couples that are dining? I enjoy the food here, but honestly for the price I expect much more professional service - this was more Boston Pizza-level service.
- Birthday dinnerBirthdaygirlDined on 8/13/2014Table was ready on arrival, friendly helpful staff, great tasting food good service.Special Features:
- Business LunchHappyDinerDined on 8/13/2014This is a nice quiet restaurant for private business lunches. Plenty of booths and table space to spread out paperwork. Staff are always appropriately attentive; prompt and helpful but not intrusive or bothersome. The food and drinks are the same great quality as the much busier evening time.Special Features:
- Impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2014Great food, great service. Overall great experience.Special Features:
- MummsyDined on 8/11/2014Great Food, and good Ambience. My sister an i loved out dinner, drinks were fanstastic and dersert was incredible.Special Features:
- Grooving GreekPetuniaDined on 8/8/2014A very pleasant evening with good food and nice wine. Somewhat noisy but overall okay.Special Features:
- Great experienceAirdrieCoupleDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I have been to the Willow Park location many times and we always have a great time there. The staff are attentive, the food has always been excellent and environment is relaxed and comfortable. I think it speaks to the experience that we are happy to drive from Airdrie to Willow Park to enjoy this restaurant. We have never felt rushed to finish our meal or leave. The baklava cheesecake is absolutely fantastic and I would recommend that for anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Love the Broken Plate, by far my favourite restaurant. Wish they could do separate bills!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014We went there most recently to celebrate our anniversary, however we go with friends when we just want to have a pleasant and good dinner or lunch.Special Features:
- codyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Had the lamb shank, my partner the moussaka. Hers was very good, mine was good, but very mutton-y, a little too much for my liking, however, not the restaurant's fault, as I've had a similar problem cooking shanks at home.
- Gluten Free Yummy-nessCgyDinerDined on 7/28/2014Great service, wide range of GF options, outstanding flavours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with friendsBiffoDined on 7/24/2014Friends, food, wine and Broken Plate. How can you go wrong?Special Features:
- Unimpressive and overpricedSavourtheFlavourDined on 7/22/2014We are new to Calgary and are still checking out restaurants. Tried the Broken Plate for the first time. Menu is limited and quasi-mediterranean. A few Greek dishes. Food was acceptable but un-spectacular. Decor is modern. This is not a taverna and doesn't try to be. Service was OK. Waitress was in blue jeans. Food and drink were both significantly overpriced. Will we be back? No.
- great meal and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014we went for supper with another couple to the broken plate at willow park. great food and service. We were also able to break the plates too"!Special Features:
- Great as usualHermioneDined on 7/17/2014This is one of my "go to" places for lunch. The service is always good, the food consistently delicious and I love the coffee. My favourite dish is the golden beet salad with salmon. Love those fresh figs!Special Features:
- Great place to dineNona1Dined on 7/13/2014We enjoyed our experience except we were in the middle of the resturant very close to the plate throwing . Other then that we were happy with the food and really enjoyed the time there. It was a birthday celebration and the resturant went over the top in making it special and adding on the free dessert. The waiter was awesome and interactive with us which we enjoyed. The service was great . The food was very delicious and tasty. Everyone enjoyed their choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDeMaloneyDined on 7/12/2014First time in Calgary. Can't say we were impressed by the restaurant selection/food so we were pleasantly surprise to find Broken Plate. We enjoyed a nicely prepared meal and the service was great. Wish they had more of a wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a GemlongwhitecloudsDined on 7/12/2014Went there for a birthday dinner and it was just wonderful from food to service. Even got a complimentary traditional greek dessert to finish it off, perfect icing on the cake! Will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceJessamae87VIPDined on 7/7/2014Not a first time diner here. This place made me love Greek food. Will be back again.Special Features:
- Awesome eveningwhencanwegoagainDined on 7/4/2014We went out for a quiet dinner just the two of us. The food is always fantastic and of course now they have gluten free items on the menu and marked so it makes the choices much easier! The wine suggestion was good and dessert was well...decadent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.