Broginos Italian Restaurant
2423 Artesia Blvd.
Redondo Beach, CA 90278Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Broginos Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://broginos.com/
- Phone: 310-370-4827x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 4pm-9pm. Friday-Saturday 4pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian
- Executive Chef: Hilary Olea
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer all our gourmet entrees for catering with special modest prices. 1/2 trays for 10 and full trays for 20 attendees are made. Delivery, setup and chafing dishes are available. Pastas, veal, and chicken are the most popular for catering.
A word from Broginos Italian Restaurant
Since 1977 Broginos has been a local destination for the South Bay and beyond. We proudly make all the sauces from scratch and our bread and pizza are made fresh daily. We offer many excellent wines from Italy and California and our full bar is famous for the best martinis in town. Broginos is family owned and we will keep it this way.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Broginos Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (3)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great Food for the PriceVivSVIPDined on 9/24/2014This restaurant has very tasty food. If you are a big eater, this is the place for you. The waitress was very efficient and so friendly. The feel of the place is very homey and comfortable.Special Features:
- Bland Disappointmentavito52VIPDined on 8/16/2014Have been looking forwarding to trying the neighborhood restaurant. Heard good things about it. Tried it and very disappointed. Good crowd and typical "old school" ambiance. Service was reasonable. However the food was disappointing. Good fresh ingredients but just plain, no spicing to speak of. My wife had a linguine with marinara that was bland and little in the way of the tang of tomato or spice of oregano or much else. I had a sausage and pepper that had good flavorful sausage but the sauce was basically tomate sauce! Very little to distinguish it. I have the other reviews and maybe I am looking for food that is above the lowest common denominator of taste. A Bland Disappointment.
- LUCKY FIND!SusanBVIPDined on 7/30/2014If you live in North Redondo Beach you are very lucky as Brogino's restaurant is close by. We have a bit of a drive, but we still go there. The evening we dined there we had delicious seafood and pasta -- scallops and shrimp on a bed of fettucine. Very good! Michael is an excellent host and always remembers us. The service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Homestyle ItalianTablefor17Dined on 7/5/2014We found this intimate Italian restaurant when looking for a spot that could seat 17 for a family dinner. Food was good and they accomodated us at a long table. Extensive menuSpecial Features:
- Great Food with Huge PortionsteeneeDined on 6/21/2014This restaurant has great Italian food with big portions. We had 2 young children and 1 toddler, it was not very kid-friendly but they all were able to eat and they all enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- Comfy BroginosSusanBVIPDined on 6/14/2014Our dinner was quite good. Excellent Italian comfort food. The martinis are great! They also have a varied wine list with excellent prices. A real find!Special Features:
- The following 6 reviews are from the Broginos Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- Expect betterPamichaelDined on 5/4/2014I have been to this restaurant many times. The service had always been prompt and efficient. We didn't know this waitress but exoected the usual service. We waited 15 minues for our table, 10 minutes more before we got water that we had to ask for, and 10 miniutes more to pkace our irder. We even had to ask for bread. We were there for almost an hour before we got our meals.I told the waitress that it was our son's birthday and the waitress offered nothing; not the usual response at a restaurant.Special Features:
- Bad Food Quality and Safety IssuesInthelineofdutyDined on 4/19/2014The italian food was not made as described. The previous reviews do not reflect on how poor the food quality, how it was made, or presented. Bread was burnt, pasta over cooked, and seafood was breaded and fried. One elderly customer fell hard on to the floor from a bad booth table and staff didn't help while management was laughing at the bar. It took myself and an RN to make certain she was somewhat ok. Should have called for help. Also ambience is still in the late 1980's - 1990's. Staff, food, and care of customers is a reflection upon this establishment. Customer/Guests beware.
- Ossu Bucco averageGoldenBear82Dined on 3/13/2014After my second visit to the "neighborhood gem" Brogino's, I continue to keep this local fare near the top of my list, but maybe my time this Thursday eveningg helped me to be a bit more realistic about the place. While the greeting was again warm and engaging and the concern of the staff for helping us "settle in" was still admirable, but the attention to our needs as the meal came to a close seemed to fade. The dishes ordered by our party seemed a bit short of expectation also; my Ossu Bucco arrived in a bowl of sauce that at times overwhelmed shank (which in itself seemed somewhat under-sized), and the Veal Piccata dish ordered was reportedly so heavily spiced that the veal itself was undetectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayL0723VIPDined on 2/14/2014We had reservations. The food was great and the prices were reasonable. We will be back again.Special Features:
- This place is a tremendousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014This place is a tremendous value, with good family style meals, although the decor is dated.
- Neighborhood Family Fare...and moreGoldenBear82Dined on 1/10/2014Brogino's is a wonderful neighborhood Italian restaurant with that "old style" family flavor, yet with a nice bar and a friendly staff and atmosphere. The food is wonderul, and no wonder, the place has been "doing what they do" for 30 years!! But don't think that after 30 years in the same spot the interior is worn down as some "neighborhood joints" can be; Brogino's is filled with ample, comfortable booths that still support whatever posterior you may have (and after a meal here, you will be thankful they do!) The staff is very friendly and thoughtful, and the service is very good. I heartily recommend Brogino's to all!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.