9100 Trask Ave
Garden Grove, CA 92844Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brodard.net/
- Phone: 7148998273
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 10:30am - 9:30pm Friday - Sunday: 10:30 - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: French, Vietnamese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Lisa Dang
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chateau Elegant Catering offers custom menus of delectable dishes that are a healthy, flavorful and fitting for all occasions of your life. We"d be happy to assist you plan your special parties—no occasion is too big or to small for our experienced catering staff. We can create small box lunches for an office meeting, or produce a sumptuous menu for hundreds of guests at a business convention center. Any event that's special to you is very special to us. The most important thing to us is serving you and your guests the most delicious culinary dishes created by Brodard Chateau's expert chef
- Private Party Facilities: Brodard Chateau"s private dinning rooms offer an elegant ambiance for formal business events or social gatherings. We can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our professional staff will provide you and your guests with the warmest hospitality, impeccable service and the finest Vietnamese-French cuisine from the moment the party begins until the last guest departs.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Dang 7148998273
- Entertainment: Live music on certain week nights and weekends, with a vibrant bar and a delicious appetizer menu.
A word from Brodard Chateau
Brodard Chateau restaurant originated from the famed Dang family restaurant group that energized the Vietnamese fine-dining scene in Orange County with their famous restaurants: Brodard, in Westminster, and Bamboo Bistro of Corona del Mar. The family introduced their latest addition, an elegant two-story Brodard Chateau restaurant in 2006. You"ll ease right into this comfortable and stylish blend of Vietnamese and Art Deco ambiance with its inviting full bar frequented by a scene-savvy crowd. The kitchen offers daily specials of authentic refined Vietnamese cuisine as well as delectable Asian fusion dishes just perfect for this vibrant and ultra-cozy restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Brodard Chateau - Best Restaurants in Garden Grove ›
Brodard Chateau reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (9)special occasion (9)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Elegant VietnameseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Delicious, moden vietnamese cuisine in an elegant atmosphereSpecial Features:
- A Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014We will go back time and again. Authentic food that is superior to anything we've had in the area. Our first visit Brodard Chateau. Recently visited Viet Nam and this restaurant served as a great reminder. Chudo's to Tin the bartender and waiter. Not over priced and pretentious like a great many spots in OC. An $8.95 martini was refreshing not only pallet wise but to the pocketbook. Highly recommend...you won't be disappointed. Spectaular food at reaasonable prices.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014The Brodard Chateau was good. The wait staff was great and very attentive. The food was great. The Pineapple Fried Rice was better than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodjWarrenDined on 7/6/2014As always the food was wonderful and not that expensive. We ordered appetizers first and waited until we were done to order the main courses. The wait was not that long. It was better than having everything come at once. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance for a party.deedeeDined on 6/20/2014The presentation of the entrees was gorgeous and you have great personable servers! Shakin Beef/ bbq pork dishes were a bit on the salty side but it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in Little SaigonTravelerVIPDined on 6/8/2014If there were a contest for Little Saigon Distinguished Restaurant, this one would be in the running. Helpful, friendly staff. Well-made authentic Vietnamese food. And: user-friendly to the uninitiated, to those afraid of exotic cuisines, and to those on special diets. One of our party is semi-kosher (no pork or shellfish, even shrimp!) but he found menu choices, and enjoyed them. I'd recommend any of the spring rolls, of course, but also the superb shaken beef, and the hearty roast duck soup with spinach noodles, a new (for me) take on the traditional pho. The make a good restaurant even better.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and atmosphereJoyfoodDined on 6/6/2014So many choices and everything is beautfully prepared. Our waiter helped with decision making and recommended dialing down the spice for my black bean scallops, which were perfect. Spring rolls, crab appetizer tasted uniquely delicious. The best Vietnamese food experience I've enjoyed.Special Features:
- Great valueIrvineDinerDined on 6/1/2014On Sunday we went to Brodard Chateau with our 7 year old and some friends. Food was tasty, prices were very reasonable, and the ambience was festive. Overall, it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodeddieDined on 5/28/2014This was my second visit to Brodard Chateau and the food was as good or better than the first time. The food is so fresh and the taste combinations are wonderful. Wine and cocktail prices are on the high side but the service was very good.Special Features:
- The following 72 reviews are from the Brodard Chateau reviews archive.
- Scrumptous!sashaBVIPDined on 5/9/2014Always great. Melding of tastes is top notch and the menu will leave you wondering what to order because there are so many choices! We live an hour and a half away and come here whenever we are in this area. It's our #1 go to for Vietnamese food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RiveraVIPDined on 4/25/2014WOW - what a great place - awesome martini's, great food to share and excellent service - was worth the drive from LASpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/20/2014always a great place to eat good Vietnamese food for non-Vietnamese.Special Features:
- Complete Disappointment!disgroDined on 4/20/2014Made reservation for 12 people for a friend's birthday & had asked for a special table. Upon arriving the hostess brought us to a table in a corner for 12 people way back in the restaurant. We asked to have another table and the hostess was not only unfriendly but very rude and wasn't going to accommodate until we insisted several times. We will never come back nor will we recommend this place to our friends & family. Also we brought a cake and the $1 charge per person for birthday cake (even if we cut & serve it to ourselves) was classic. Thanks for making our friend's special day memorable. Diann Isgro
- a little bit disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014I am kind of a regular. I had guests coming from Paris, we were 8 and I did request for a round table, which is convenient for our reunion, but my request was not granted. There was a round table open, but the hostess said it was reserved before my reservation. I suggest that you get more round table, at least the ones that could be folded for storage. Whenever there is a need you could arrange to meet the demand of your "loyal customer". Kim-AnhSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerCkgeeDined on 4/17/2014The duck spring rolls are an excellent appetizer. The chicken garlic noodles are tasty but the shaken beef is "unbelievable"! The beef is so tender and delicious. The mango rice pudding is a yummy warm dessert.Special Features:
- Best Vietnamese RestaurantGaryDined on 4/3/2014Must try Vietnamese restaurant. Discovered some offerings I never found at other Vietnamese places. This restaurant offers much more than pho and simple egg rolls. It is also much cleaner than other Vietnamese restaurants. I will definitely go back and try other dishes on their menu. Our server, Chi, was very helpful.Special Features:
- My favorite place. I can'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/1/2014My favorite place. I can't get enough. Wonderful staff, atmosphere and food. Been going for 7 years and still amazing.Special Features:
- Frequent spot of mineknifenspoonDined on 3/20/2014I love this place and the staff. Everyone I bring LOVES it too, over a dozen people so far. The last time I ate here, I found a piece of beef in my seafood soup. I do NOT eat beef, pork, poultry or any meat other than certain seafood for over 25 years now. It was a little upsetting to me and now that i think about it now, may be the reason why I have not gone since. I did not mention anything to the staff that night about it.
- Classy Vietnamese RestaurantesteeDined on 2/8/2014Not often one finds a beautifully appointed Vietnamese restaurant with a full bar and a bartender who knows to to mix a martini! Food was fabulous, service impeccable, ambience lovely. I've eaten here about 6 times, and they never disappoint!Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/31/2014I ordered the lemon grass beef and it was really not that great. But the menu seems to have a lot of choices so I am going to assume I did not order the best item on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Original is betterCurriousEpicurusDined on 1/26/2014I came into the restaurant with high expectations. I tried duck rolls (recomended by an associate), and while presentation was nice, I felt I did not get enough food for the money and was paying for design and decor of the place. On the other hand, service was excellent - polite and whitty - almost to the verge of flirtatious. Cute, but I would not risk bringing my wife there, just because of that. So if you want just food, go for original location, if you want to impress your date - bring them to the Chateu. Oh, and prices are reasonable too for service and ambiance.
- Loved this place!24loarDined on 1/24/2014We were delighted to have discovered this gem. Nice atmosphere that is suitable for business dining as well as special occasions. Food is very good and menu has numerous selections. Everything we sampled was excellent and the staff is superb. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RestauranternestoVIPDined on 1/19/2014If you're looking for super tasty Vietnamese food in a beautiful restaurant setting, this is the place for you. Extra fresh ingredients. Every dish is amazing. Served at the perfect temperature. I love Chateau because they serve really great food in a restaurant with dark wood, a full bar, nice lighting, with proper napkins. Yes, its not as cheap as eating at other Vietnamese restaurants in the area, but that's what I love about it...its an actual real sit-down restaurant where you are actually "Served" real food. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistent2foodiesVIPDined on 1/4/2014Food & service levels are time after time consistent in quality & taste. Well run restaurant. No unpleasant surprise ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ethnic diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013Brodard is a place for authentic Vietnamese cooking in a above average environment. The standard is much more suitable for regular restaurant than just a noodle dive. And, the amazing thing is the food is still good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food - Excellent, Service - NotMartinvanVIPDined on 12/25/2013My server, Vu, was a joke. He was not focused, lied and made excuses. The food was tasty, I would go back if I could get someone else the serve the meal.
- Great place!MikebDined on 12/20/2013Amazing service, Great Ambience, and Super Good Food! Would highly reccomend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceWinnieDined on 12/11/2013Love everything about Brodard Chateau. Terrific food, service and value! Our server, David was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brodard's management is rudeThankUDined on 11/28/2013I reserved a table 10 days ahead. One day before the reservation day, Brodard told us to preorder food on the phone, arrive at the restaurant and eat fast and leave within 60mins. Because of the ridiculous demand of Brodard, we had to switch reservation to Mix Restaurant with the help of OpenTable.
- Great food/Neighborhood gemGDozerDined on 11/24/2013Staff was extremely friendly and the food was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is rather delicious.JennyDined on 11/19/2013Food is rather delicious. But price is rather different with restaurant in WestminterSpecial Features:
- Great place!mesohungryDined on 11/16/2013Excellent food, delicious desserts, flavorful drinks. Combine that with ambiance and pleasant, attentive service and you have what they have at The Brodard Chateau: a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RegularMissAudreyVIPDined on 11/9/2013David did an outstanding serving us. One of the best waiters out there. Our food was the best it can be. Happy eaters!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the foodChickideeVIPDined on 10/20/2013Quite honestly, if we weren't able to book online (I hate to wait) & the food wasn't good the first time we went, we would've never gone back since service that time was horrible even though it was quiet. Since then, we've been back a couple of times and found a server (Long) that's actually helpful & attentive. Some dishes have been inconsistent (chicken curry on one day was excellent, next time was tough) but the spring rolls are always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantjldineDined on 10/7/2013The food was very delicious and at a good price. The drinks were also good and the service was excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely come back to eat here.Special Features:
- Good but priceyfoodieDined on 9/29/2013The food is very good. It is a nice restaurant with good ambience. The food is a little too expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best experienceWinofoodieDined on 9/13/2013Soft-shell crab spring rolls, Tofu salad and Vietnamese crepe were excellent! Shaken Beef not so much - too fatty. No food/appetizer deals for Happy Hour - $2 off drinks only. Were told by hostess that they did not have Happy Hour. Mainstream wine list but at least they had a good selection of categories (incl sparklings & champagnes) that pair well with their cuisine. Overall my main complaint is to management - need better training of service staff, too much chit-chat amongst line/prep staff behind bar in customer view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodWinnieDined on 8/11/2013The food is always wonderful. Very nice service. Reasonably priced. I would dine here everyday if I could. My favorite Vietnamese restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative VietnamesediningdivaDined on 8/3/2013The ladies at Chateau Brodard have created a beautiful dining experience coupled with delicious fresh food. We love the Sizzling sole but our favorite is the Shaken Beef. The staff is attentive and very helpful with a cuisine that I know enough about to be dangerous. Service is quick and attentive. Truly great food at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp & Pork RollsfirstlovefoodDined on 7/30/2013The rolls are a must! It is their specialty and I always make a point to get them whenever I'm in SoCal. I haven't found anyone else that makes this style of spring roll- it is addictive! The shaking beef was also very good- moist and beefy with a really good caramelized sauce.....drool.... The service was excellent as well, prompt, friendly, and helpful. The chateau is the sister restaurant to the original Brodard and has a more modern decor. Both are good-I came to the chateau b/c the orig is closed on Tuesdays and I wanted to avoid the line of spring roll seekers with a reservation (which only the Chateau takes). A must to visit and get ur fix when in SoCal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.