1235 Coast Blvd.
La Jolla, CA 92037Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brocktonvilla.com/
- Phone: 8584547393
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Limited Late Lunch: Daily 3:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Mareyja Sisbarro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
Brockton Villa is a beautiful historic home converted into a restaurant located directly across from the ocean. Our seaside location offers a spectacular view of the world-famous La Jolla Cove, and has become a favorite "show off" spot for locals and visitors alike. We are known for our breakfasts, including our famous Coast Toast. Our chef creates many other wonderful dishes seasonally for lunch and our dinner service.
Our house is the perfect place for you to host your next party. Whether it be a wedding reception, rehearsal dinner, baptism, bridal shower, baby shower, or any special occasion.
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014I've eaten at Brockton Villa for breakfast, lunch and dinner and it never disappoints. It's my go to place for out of town guests. I had the scallops crusted with macadamia nuts for dinner and it was outstanding. My friend had salmon with quinoa and broccolini which she also enjoyed. I appreciate the healthy and inventive choices on the menu. We ate outside on the patio and in spite of the stench from the cove on a warm afternoon, we really couldn't smell it from the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely patioSsackl10Dined on 8/23/2014The restaurang is very lovely, food tasty. The smell of seals moderate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceHotperroDined on 8/22/2014Very nice And pretty resturant witch sea lions on The bay .... The food in ok according to my expectations And The service was friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedAnonymousDined on 8/21/2014For brunch on a Thursday, finding parking was almost impossible. The stench from the oceanside made it impossible to sit outdoors as we had planned. It made us nauseous. The food was OK. The service was very nice.Special Features:
- Nice findMuddycr33kDined on 8/20/2014Brockton Villa is a great venue with attentive service. Great prices on their menu as well in La Jolla which is great. Fish Tacos were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingHeloise60Dined on 8/19/2014This was a pleasant and relaxing experience with good food and very friendly service. I recommend it - better than some of the more prominent names in La Jolla.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Delicious food! Loved the Coast Toast and the Ginger Salmon! The servers were attentive and friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quite scenicDinerGirlDined on 8/16/2014A friend and I had dinner here just for the view and we received just what the doctor ordered....it was pretty spectacular. The cove itself stunk from the sea lions but to no fault of the restaurant. The service was great - we really liked our server. The food was good as well. I would definitely recommend dining here just for the scenic view alone - the food is secondary.Special Features:
- Great view, service can't be beat!ChouxDined on 8/16/2014We always love Brockton Villa, the people are exceptionally nice whether it's breakfast lunch or dinner. Sun. Andrew was our server, couldn't have been nicerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CuteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014I had no idea of the rich history Brockton villa had in La Jolla. The restaraunt is small but the food and service were excellent. Though they are known for their fish dishes, do not be afraid to try it all.Special Features:
- Best breakfast spot in San DiegoBen68Dined on 8/15/2014I love the legendary and super tasty cove toast and the beautiful setting, including the ocean view and the wildlife with seals and pelicans.Special Features:
- Great view!TomRDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant was a great place to enjoy an afternoon wine and cheese plate while enjoying the ocean view. The kitchen was accommodating by serving a cold item from the breakfast menu for our young daughter.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014Fish tacos were alright. Halibut dish (actually made with black cod because halibut wasn't available) was great. And yes when the wind blows you can smell the seals.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secluded GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014The Chowder is what you will dream about for weeks later...Super delicious as was the coast toast served with coconut gelato....Yummy!!! The view is spectacular.Special Features:
- Great seaside tablesFreetofly1234Dined on 7/31/2014We enjoyed the views although the bird smells were bad at times. 3 out of the 4 entrees were great. The one overcooked halibut ruined the perfect score. Service was slow if you are in a hurry but nice if you don't want to be rushed. We had a great sunset for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food and Amazing ViewLocalDined on 7/31/2014We took some very dear friends from out of state to this restaurant and had a marvelous evening. Our waiter was personable and attentive. The food was delicious and we even got the recipe for the chowder and the dessert. This is definitely a place we will visit, as locals, over and over again!Special Features:
- nice casual outdoor optionPiccDined on 7/30/2014The crab cake eggs benedict and Coast Toast on the outdoor patio made a delicious brunch. Both entrees arrivedquickly and were a notch above a basic breakfast spot in quality. The historic building makes a fun visit . . . great spot, interesting menu, and good service. Only service issue - bar service for our mimosas was very delayed, arriving when we were half way through our brunch. Perched high above Coast Blvd, the oceanside tables enjoy the sea breeze and a nice overlook.Special Features:
- Perfect Brunch SpotMarcoDined on 7/27/2014Happened to be there during a rain storm and sat out on the balcony. Not a drop of rain hit us, but loved every second of being outdoors having a wonderful brunch. The food was excellent and the carafe of mimosas was a great way to enjoy the company and the amazing views and smells of fresh rain.Special Features:
- BrunchcmcleodDined on 7/20/2014I love this spot for it's location more than anything else, though the service was good even though they were quite busy. Menu is a little uneven. My husband and step daughters lunch looked great and while I enjoyed my meal, I personally don't care for their special overly soggy french toast, which was a disappointment. The raspberry stuff that comes with it was amazing though. I'd go here again whenever in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueJonathanGeeDined on 7/15/2014Always great and interesting. Excellent, quality food and great service. Amazing view. I always try to get out-of-owners to come here...Special Features:
- A view with good foodRobinRachel1Dined on 7/12/2014The veranda dining with a gorgeous view makes the restaurant. The food is good, some dishes are outstanding and others are just plain good. The restuarant is wine and beer only, but with a creative wine-based cocktail list so they make the best of it. It's a great place for a sunset dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemBEARVIPDined on 7/12/2014What a beautiful view. The wait staff is very friendly and the food is great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We loved everything about The Brockton Villa. If you are looking for a breakfast location in La Jolla that has it all, you won't be dissapointed. The service was friendly and responsive, the view was spectacular and the food was awesome. If you like French Toast, then you have to try their Coast Toast. It's the best. I would highly recommend this location and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Excellent!GreatniteoutDined on 7/11/2014Great food, excellent service and perfect view. Brockton Villa is by far our most favorite spit in SoCal. I cannot say enough good things about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ViewBillieSDined on 7/11/2014We went for dinner on our 9th anniversary. We had reservations and had requested a table by the window. Although the restaurant was full, our request was honored and we had a lovely view of the ocean. We were seated right on time. We both had the filet. It was perfect. I would also recommend the artichoke. The sauce was outstanding. The view was the best part of the experience. Not a bad seat in the house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an evening treatEkktarDined on 7/10/2014We made reservations for 6:30 and were seated at a wonderful veranda table overlooking the ocean. The atmosphere is casual and the service was friendly and attentive. We highly recommend the clam chowder—some of the best we've ever had. The Coast Toast for dessert was also a highlight. Our entrees were all tasty and we enjoyed the sunset with our dessert. We have been to Brockton Villa for their famous breakfast and were pleasantly surprised that our dinner experience was also so nice. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Limited dinner menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/10/2014Although the scenery is beautiful the food was definitely a disappointment. At least the dinner menu anyway. Nothing great for non seafood lovers or kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and beautiful viewmbsoDined on 7/7/2014Good food, we liked the scallops, no problems eating with a child. It is possible drink win by glass. We suggest it :-)Special Features:
- great ambiance, average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We recently had brunch there, both of us having omelets. Beautiful setting, beautiful views, cute converted house into a restaurant. The food however, was only fair. Parking rather difficult to find.
- Coast toast is the bestsushiloverDined on 6/29/2014My absolute favorites are Coast Toast for breakfast and the Cioppino for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the Coast Toast!haarrDined on 6/29/2014Great Coast toast! View was awesome. Sat on the little porch overlooking La Jolla Cove. Great service .... First time visiting the area and restaurant. Got the recommendation from our hotel concierge and he was spot on!Special Features:
- Loved our lunch at Brockton VillaKathyDined on 6/28/2014We were celebrating the upcoming marriage of our future sister-in-law, and requested a table on the deck by the railing. And we got it, a gorgeous view of the cove, fantastic service and really good food. What a great day!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014great way to celebrate my birthday with friends and family!Special Features:
- Amazing Find!SouthernCalExplorerDined on 6/19/2014My friend in Kansas City referred us to this lovely restaurant overlooking La Jolla Cove. Our family of five asked and received a patio table. The restaurant is a renovated summer "bungalow" on the side of the cliffs and the view was amazing. We ordered four different breakfast dishes and all were unique and delicious. Loved the history, loved the food, loved the view. The service was good, not excellent, but nothing could take away from the overall experience. Would highly recommend. NOTE: This is a small restaurant with very few tables, so would recommend reservations in advance.Special Features:
- Family FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014Went for Father's Day Dinner with 9 (including 3 small children) in our party. Had our table ready, servers were excellent - especially with 3 kids and the noise they sometimes generated! We were in a semi-private back veranda (good for rest of diners). Service was superb as was the food. Our entrees included: Salmon, Swordfish, Scallops, Filet Mignon - all excellent! We would highly recommend Brockton Villa at any time for any size group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HEAVEN!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014This place never disappoints. The best seat in the house is definitely outside under the shady tree. It's just stunning and so serene, and the food is always excellent. I brought my long distance boyfriend here over the weekend and it was by far his favorite place we did all weekend. Thank you guys so much!Special Features:
- DiningDewDined on 6/14/2014Pros- Great view of the ocean from the patio and fun historic location, great original breakfast entrees and big portions. Cons - just a slight warning sitting outside around 10 AM the breeze from the ocean cliffs will smell occassionally like hot garbage from combo of sea life and hot sun. Also be warned orange juice is $5 for a small tall glass (first time I've found a mocha was less than a juice at a breakfast spot) and a refill was not offered.Special Features:
- Needs RefurbishingWelovetopartyandeat69Dined on 6/13/2014We had been here years ago, it was exciting and clean..it is now smelly (outside) musty and very sad. We were disappointed...we hope they will get better... Menues were sticky...UGH Staff was very nice..Special Features:
- Very disappointedtravelersDined on 6/12/20144 of us went for dinner in this charming restaurant by the La Jolla Coves. Everything each of us ordered was disappointing, except the desserts were good. Service was attentive.
- wonderful locationVictorDined on 6/10/2014A wonderful, relaxed place facing the La Jolla Cove. Too bad the food is mediocre. With a bit of effort on the foodie side this would be an outstanding place.Special Features: