Broadway by Amar Santana
328 Glenneyre Street
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Broadway by Amar Santana
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.broadwaybyamarsantana.com/
- Phone: 9497158234x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Amar Santana
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Buy-out options available.
- Private Party Contact: Ahmed Labbate 7028236927x
A word from Broadway by Amar Santana
An inviting restaurant where local foodies have a chance to enjoy quality food and beverage from today’s ultra-sleek premium dining establishments. A chef’s tasting table, small plates of savory items like bacon-wrapped blue cheese stuffed dates, a dizzying wine list and an array of seasonally-driven entrees. Broadway will surround you as you indulge in this "cutting edge" food experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Broadway by Amar Santana - Best Restaurants in Laguna Beach ›
Broadway by Amar Santana reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (114)hot spot (67)special occasion (63)neighborhood gem (63)notable wine list (56)vibrant bar scene (51)romantic (34)good for groups (18)late-night find (11)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014Amazing food and service. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014It was mine and my husband's birthdays and we wanted to go someplace special. This restaurant was recommended to me by a friend. I made reservations for the chef's bar (can seat 6) and it was spectacular. You get to watch the chef's prepare the food and we received customized service from everyone. It was a multicourse meal so it took 3 hours but it didn't feel that long. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in OCOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014I was easily able to get a reservation. The staff provided incredible service. And the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BroadwayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Had dinner at Broadway Friday night. The bar was hopping with a very cool bartender fixing up awesome cocktails. Specialties for dinner, the grilled brussels, hamachi and the tender roasted lamb. We braved the bone marrow. Not really to our liking but if you are adventurous maybe you might love it. Portions are really big, I had the pork easily could be split between two and my husband had the lamb which was our favorite. Four stars!!Special Features:
- Sooooo good!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014I wish I could give them 20 stars. In the top 5 of meals I've had in my entire life. Amar is a wizard and a very cool guy.Special Features:
- KatieDined on 9/19/2014The Burrata and Heirloom Tomato Starter was delectable. We loved our entrees also: Portabello Wellington and Beef Stripsteak with Peppers. The deep fried Brussel Sprouts were amazing! Altogether the best meal we have enjoyed in The O.C. for a long time. The $12 glass Chardonnay was so good and piquant I had three! Will definitely come back and also recommend this to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great food experienceKilted1Dined on 9/19/2014There was four of us for dinner and it was the other couples first time there. They are big foodies so we knew this would impress. The menu changes regularly and it once again had a bit of everything you could want. The food is always excellent, the service was a bit slow to start, which was fine as we were in no rush, so when we were ready to order we couldn't seem to catch her attention, but she was very busy so understandable. The details slipped through the cracks on refills toward the end but other than that all was good. The tables are super close together and when you get up to leave you squeeze out between tables trying not to knock over the next tables salt and pepper - that is the only down side to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Went for 26th anniversary dinner, did not realize was european style tight seating and noisy but was OK at first. Unfortunately, we did not realize that they were also serving a garden party at same time in the rear of building at the museum. Our wine was unavailable, server was not found for over 30 mins. , our side dish came at 90 minutes. We watched them burn our brussels sprouts while trying to serve 50 steaks to private event in a half hour. We left before the entree was a twinkle in the eye of the chef. Unfortunately, Amar put profits before service and quality by overextending the capabilities of his restaurant. He should have closed the restaurant for a private event or at least limited his seating. Hard to give him a pass.
- Bar and kitchen where on fireOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014Cocktail and bar service were wonderful Food was really inspired Floor service was horrible. We sat in the dining room, the server gave is the menu, no explination or assistance wa offered. Along with basic service steps missed, there was little to no warmth from the server or no sense of urgency with our requests. It was very odd as the hostess and bartender were briming with hospitality!Special Features:
- Biggs94Dined on 9/15/2014The food here was excellent, and worthy of the buzz going round. However, The service was comical. The restaurant was about 25% filled, the table next to us left saying “no one has waited on us”. We waited 15 min for our first drink, and there were servers standing around. They forgot our appetizer and had to be reminded. Great Chef, lousy manager…………. they better really step it up on the service level or they'll be closed within the year.Special Features:
- Stop Thinking About It-Just Go HereJeffDined on 9/15/2014We love finding new and different restaurants, and this did not disappoint. Very creative dishes with off the charts flavor. Cocktails were amazing. We LOVED this place and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broadway a must for food & serviceRonnyGVIPDined on 9/13/2014Broadway set itself apart from the common standard food choices and plain grilled or roasted entree's. Broadway definitely delivers high end chef quality food for your taste buds. Food was awesome, sauces scrumptous. Presentation of food selections delightful. The service was spot on, and done with class. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place.....no moreocfoodieDined on 9/9/2014very disappointed in the restaurant and food during this last Tuesday night....Usually have very high expectations and thus far the staff has always delivered unfortunately for this special bday dinner all came very much below expectation....food was cold and not impressive...scallops too salty and the new Zealand venison completely unimpressive....for a $200 ticket I certainly had much greater expectations....what happened to you Broadway?
- Great selectionSoCal2014VIPDined on 9/5/2014Outstanding cocktails and wine. Inventive starters. Outstanding entrees. Decadent desserts. What is not to love? Notables: green velveteen cocktail, classic oysters, branzino perfectly prepared and a custard that was both light and rich (how is that possible?). Our server was the perfect guide through the menu.Special Features:
- Brilliantly doneSusieQDined on 9/5/2014The food is fresh, seasoned perfectly and presented beautifully. Staff is very knowledgeable & helpful. The menu is very creative and diverse. The lamb shank and skirt steak main dishes were delicious! The brussel sprouts side dish is amazing! And the panna cotta...well, try it for yourself...yum! And for nut lovers, try the peanut butter crunch dessert.Special Features:
- Great for vegansOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I are vegan, and Amar Santana came up with four different plant based courses for us. The food was amazing!Special Features:
- Great ServiceSamuelDined on 8/27/2014I had to give the food 5 stars even though the duck I had wasn't the best quality. It was beautifully cooked, but the quality of duck was not quite there. The service made up for any other faults I could find. Our server was very attentive, charming, and unobtrusive. Service like that is hard to find in American restaurants today. My wife's Branzino was absolutely fresh, first-quality, and delicious. Both of our plates were beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Lucky LagunaSunsetPigDined on 8/25/2014When my young adult children come to town, this is one of our favs to go to...Broadway by Amar is a local, hip place that first and foremost is a foodie's haven but also a great bar with friendly, easy-going bartenders who actually remember you when you return and make you feel at home there...especially when my kids leave town again and I go back just to order my fav brussell sprouts and a Moscow Mule...This Sunset Pig is one happy local. Thanks Amar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingmtnbluDined on 8/23/2014Wow this place came very highly praised but it did not deliver. First the wine adviser brought out a bottle of wine for us to taste , Saying " it may not taste exactly like that because this has been opened for two days" What!!! We had the ceviche appetizer which was nothing special it almost tasted spoiled. Our entree was the lamb, very fatty. We couldn't even eat it. And the waiter didn't seem to be bothered when we mentioned it to him. I wanted to like Broadway but I will never be back. Fortunately there are many restaurant choices in Laguna Beach.
- $$$$ but innovative and excellentlagunafoodcriticDined on 8/22/2014Cool bar vintage and original cocktails with top shelf stuff, expertly mixed, nice aromatic likely you would be able to do on your own (unless you are a serious mixologist). Nice roasted brazilian sea-bass like fish (forget what they called it). A fabulous sauce and fresh garnish. Brussels sprouts with spicy sausage, roasted and supremely delicious. Sashimi plate a bit weak on portion size and not amazing. Will go back to try some of the other very different things - expecting another fun experience. Superb service but at this price point nothing less would be expected. Hangs with the best in Laguna for now with for me a lot of new stuff to explore. The usual elbow to elbow Laguna table thing so not much privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 StarsitscoladaDined on 8/19/2014Great service, phenomenal food. Cocktails were amazing and friendly staff...Will be back!! Overall perfect evening. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!BoppyVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have dined here a couple of times. We adore the food, the menu is creative and the service is spectacular! We ate here the other night and then walked to The Pageant Of The Masters. I would recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family.Special Features:
- Fabulous Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Dined at Broadway for our 14th wedding anniversary on Saturday, August 16th. Everything we ordered was prepared perfectly. My wife and I sat at the chef's table and watched the 4 chefs work as one and prepare each plate before it went out. The chefs were friendly (even though they were very busy) and explained many dishes to us. Anyone who has not been to Broadway needs to go. Just a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- I would not go backdancingcloudDined on 8/15/2014The restaurant is noisy and the tables are jammed together. Given that it is a small space, I understand but it still feels like you are dining in one big group! Don't expect privacy or quiet conversation! My son had the salmon which he thought was good, but I had the duck breast which was awful. I never had duck that I did not like before this. The farro on the side was ok, but the duck was prepared weirdly, and not at all good.
- Laguna Beach GourmetAnluVIPDined on 8/15/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. My friend had the salmon and I had the branzino--both superb. It is such a delight to have fine food right in the middle of town and not just down the highway. It made our visit to the Pageant of the Masters a greater experience. Great wines too!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Orange CountyArizonaKonaDined on 8/11/2014I had the pleasure of being treated to Broadway by Amara for my 50th birthday. My father and I both chose the Monday prefix menu option with two glasses of wine. Dad had the ham terrine to start with, while I had the pork two ways (pork cheeks and belly). Both equally amazing! I had the roasted Skuna bay salmon and my dad the grilled marinated prime skirt steak. I don't eat beef, but my dad commented that the steak was a great, tender cut and the fingerling potatoes were done perfectly. My salmon was medium rare and the skin was as crisp as a potato chip. The mud pie desert was a coffee ice cream sandwich with an wonderful chocolate fudge dipping sauce. They also brought me a creme brulee with a lit candle. The staff was excellent! Thanks!Special Features:
- It is all about the foodBandCDined on 8/11/2014The food is some of the best I have ever tasted. The restaurant is packed together and noisy, not my place of choice for a special dinner. But I will return even with the crowd and the noise as the food is so good.Special Features:
- Laguna Hot SpotjpinscDined on 8/9/2014We tried Broadway for our anniversary and were overall impressed with this hot spot. Cool Ambiance/decor, strong menu and wine list and great service. It was a little noisy and the tables were EXTREMELY close together. The food was good and had a beautiful presentation. It was a little pricey but worth it for a celebratory night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!LaurieGVIPDined on 8/9/2014We've come to Laguna Beach for the Pageant, each year, in search of a great restaurant. We have found it! The food, ambiance and service were fantastic.Special Features:
- A great birthday celebrationgluttonDined on 8/4/2014I loved the atmosphere of Broadway and the food could not be beat. The food dishes were very imaginative and innovative. My family had a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Just FantasticRobRDined on 8/4/2014Great food, imaginative cooking and enthusiastic team. Best meal in Laguna this 2 week vacation ( we come every year from London) can't believe we have missed this restaurant last few years but now we have discovered it we will be back alot!Special Features:
- Best in OC!Sct1VIPDined on 8/2/2014Amazing meals every time. Cocktails are fab and the octopus is my fav!! Do yourself a favor and go!!Special Features:
- Wow! Great food Amazing cocktails!CredheadgoDined on 8/2/2014We really enjoyed our evening at Broadway! Friendly, upbeat, out spot with great atmosphere that is only outdone by the incredible food & cocktails! Definitely will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to get to Broadway soonerSeasonedeaterDined on 8/2/2014We do not get to Laguna Beach that often, but this is the 2nd time in the past year we got to eat at Broadway. It's a great venue that you would miss if you stayed on Forest Ave. The mixologists have a line-up of cocktails that makes it challenging to choose from (all look so good). The front of the house staff was helpful in finding us a bar table to sit at, while our table cleared out. The food was fantastic. I had octopus, which was cooked perfectly, with sauces on the plate I could not leave alone. My branzino and my wife's porkchop were seasoned and cooked perfectly, and the side of Brussels sprouts were tasty, 'healthy' morsel. We can't wait to get back to town and have another meal at Broadway, and recommend it to everybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTjmonkeyDined on 8/2/2014This place was great. The food was different and delicious. They are the only bar in town that actually knows how to make an original Mai Tai! Just like the old Trader Vic's! I felt like I was back at the Halikalani Hotel. The only negative I have is that it was very noisy and was hard to hear the other person at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I've had in awhile!!!JulHartDined on 7/30/2014Wow truly the best meal I've had in awhile. Everything was sensational! From the Heirloom Tomato Salad, Spanish Octopus A La Plancha and Crispy Braised Duroc Pork Belly then the Herb Roasted Mediterranean Branzino, Grilled Prime New York Strip Steak and Grilled Marinated Prime Skirt Steak along with a wonderful bottle of Justin, Isoceles. This is my NEW favorite in Laguna Beach for sure. Great food, incredible people and awesome ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/30/2014Food was outstanding, got the chefs bar top or table. Amazed by what a small kitchen can put out. Everything we had was better than the last. Started with hamachi, it full of flavor and refreshing. We next shared the charcuterie and crispy pork belly, the house made pates were spectacular. For entree we had the Sonoma duck, the artichoke and fennel puree phenomenal, Pork Delmonico the cheesy grits were great. Passed on dessert this time, but will back for them next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened here?8thereVIPDined on 7/28/2014From the penthouse to the dog house in a year. Been here 3 times and the fall has been percipitous. Awesome the first time, not as good the second and disaster the third. It started with the waitress, who was not interested in doing her job. Had to summon her to get her to come to our table. On the other hand, the bus staff here is excellent. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have been served drinks, bread or water. As for the food, other than the appetizers, what a disappointment. The butterfly prawns were almost indelible. The knife barely made a dent in them they were so tough. And my wife's salmon was mediocre. The waitress never inquired how our food was the whole evening. She was basically MIA. Management needs to make some changes.
- Not at its bestBoxNDoxDined on 7/27/2014I've eaten at Broadway by Amar several times and the food is usually excellent. But not this time. The seared octopus first was up to its usual high standard, but the chocolate cavatelli pasta was undistinguished at best. Normally the flavors of this dish stand out crisply, but this time they were muddled. And finally, dessert menu wasn't especially appealing. I eventually selected the chocolate brownie, which once again had no real flair. I was also disappointed to see that saki is no longer on the wine list. This perplexed the server, who was able to scrounge a glass of a reasaonable brand, but I'd like to see it back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- All of today's greatest hitsMartyKVIPDined on 7/27/2014Broadway features all of today's greatest foodie hits. Let's see, Bone marrow-check; kale salad-check; pork belly-check; craft cocktails-check. I could go on. However, like a great loung singer, they perform those hits very well. Started with a Toronto cocktail, which was excellent. Had the bone marrow and pork belly apps, both tasty. Dinner was the pork delmonico which came on cheesy grits and was excellent. A bit pricy but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.