Broadway by Amar Santana
328 Glenneyre Street
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Broadway by Amar Santana
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.broadwaybyamarsantana.com/
- Phone: (949) 715-8234
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Amar Santana
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Buy-out options available.
- Private Party Contact: Ahmed Labbate 7028236927x
A word from Broadway by Amar Santana
An inviting restaurant where local foodies have a chance to enjoy quality food and beverage from today’s ultra-sleek premium dining establishments. A chef’s tasting table, small plates of savory items like bacon-wrapped blue cheese stuffed dates, a dizzying wine list and an array of seasonally-driven entrees. Broadway will surround you as you indulge in this "cutting edge" food experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Broadway by Amar Santana - Best Restaurants in Laguna Beach ›
Broadway by Amar Santana reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (101)hot spot (60)neighborhood gem (59)special occasion (56)notable wine list (54)vibrant bar scene (45)romantic (27)good for groups (15)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Do not understand the proir reviewsFrequentDinerVIPDined on 11/21/2014The food was disappointing and the service slow. Proteins appear to be over-cooked - and cooked without seasoning and then the dishes rely on overbearing sauces. The one exception was the salmon with the severely over-salted crust. The brussel sprouts were excellent but the other dishes were poor.
- skip the Monday night special.WillDined on 11/17/2014We ate here on a Monday night and had the prix fixe 3 course meal. The soup was passable but bland, the pork belly was under-seasoned and downright awful, the branzino was also under seasoned, and the beef cheeks were airplane-foody. Monday night's kitchen team is less than stellar. The room is nice, the dessert was good, the staff is attentive enough but just barely.
- Great food but not great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/17/2014We really enjoyed the food, although the service was really not up to par. We sat and waited quite a while before getting service, then had to wait for a long time before we received our desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip Laguna SpotnewportfoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014Had a 5 pm reservation at Broadway on Saturday and arrived at 4:55 and had to wait to be seated; only one other party of 4 was at the bar. Seating is European banquette seating with tables very close to each other and all are opposite a large bar and open kitchen. Acoustics are horrible so if you are there any time after 6 it is hard to hear and they turn up the canned music. The food – just average, but definitely not great. The wine sommelier knew his stuff and allowed my husband to try a wine beforehand. We had the special sweet potato soup with pumpkin seeds and pork belly tortellini. The soup was scalding hot, so it needed to rest before consuming it. The hamachi appetizer was good, but not great. The entrees – the branzino was overcooked, but my husbandfelt the pork Delmonico was perfectly cooked. The brussel sprouts that some raved about were loaded with too much vinegar. The chocolate peanut dessert tasted of peanut butter only, no chocolate and was mediocre. We likely won’t return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014Excellent food, comparable to the best we had in Paris,Tuscany and London this past summer. -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Happening PlaceClassstillcountsVIPDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I love to dine where we escape for the evening. The food is inspired by seasonal specialties and complemented by a generous wine list for parings. The staff is courteous, attentive, knowledgeable and respectful. We can't say enough good things about the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exxcellent as AlwaysCDTowerVIPDined on 10/31/2014As usual, Broadway did not disappoint. The food and service were excellent. Everything we had was spot on...from the hand crafted cocktails to the dessert. If you want a fun meal in a vibrant restaurant, you can't miss with Broadway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our newest Laguna Beach gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014we will give this a 5 star in all respects with exception of noise levels. But if you come over early you can overcome the noise level easily and have a fabulous dining experience. The meals are absolutely gourmet in both presentation and taste. The service is exquisite. It has now become one of our favorite restaurants. Try it you will not regret it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a warm atmosphereThree2eatDined on 10/28/2014We had a late night dinner at Broadway this week..three of us shared several plates...all outstanding, especially the bone marrow and the shrimp...great food and wonderful wait staff...all make for a very good dining experience....not our first time there....certainly not our last! We sat in the bar area but you can also sit at the counter and watch the chefs...fun to do!Special Features:
- Another fun experiencegluttonDined on 10/26/2014This is my third time at Broadway and I'm eager to return. The menu choices are creative and the ones I have ordered have been delicious. I think the vibe reminds me of a NYC restaurant. I'm looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Must TryElyseVIPDined on 10/25/2014Broadway is always busy. Interesting menu, exciting to try new things. I recommend the pork Delmonico and don't even get me started on their Brussels sprouts..... De-lish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT A SHOWslfhappyDined on 10/25/2014Reserved a table for our 25th anniversary, and we were seated front-and-center at the chef's table. Amazing show! A one-of-a kind dining experience. Memorable for what we got to see and how yummy it all tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must try the panacotta!jude32Dined on 10/25/2014For starters, we ordered oysters on the 1/2 shell --very good, highly recommend and extremely fresh!!! and chicken liver--good, but I've had better. For the entree, we ordered branzino--highly recommend, a mild fish and cooked just right! with a side of brussel sprouts--good, however it was not hot or warm when we got it. For dessert---panacotta--scrumptious and loved the way it was decorated! A must!! Overall, would definitely recommend! Gave it 4 stars b/c the brussel sprouts were not warm/hot when got it. Next time will try something new. A little pricey but great for special occasions or if you just want to treat yourself.. Good ambiance, service was fantastic& attentative, a little loud--but that didn't bother me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticGramaDined on 10/23/2014From the servers....to the chefs...to the food....everything was outstanding! Sitting at the bar to watch them create the food added to the experience. It is a bit pricey, but well worth every penny.The servers explained every dish in detail...the flavor combinations were perfect. I Highly recommend going there! We never ordered a main course, just several outstanding appetizers. It was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceneedbeefVIPDined on 10/22/2014Food and service staff were outstanding. Can't wait to come back. Lamb shank and skirt steak were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great But .....LadieswholunchDined on 10/19/2014The food was excellent. The wine steward was very helpful and friendly. The only blemish on our experience was that an extra bottle of wine that we did not have appeared on our tab when we began to pay. They apologized profusely, but still, it put a little damper on the experience. I would go back though, as the mistake was possibly an honest mistake.Special Features:
- HarryWVIPDined on 10/17/2014Broadway is the seamless amalgamation of service, ambiance, flawless food and an ambitious wine list. They seem to pull it off because the culture of the restaurant is dedicated to excellence in all areas. I recommend Broadway more highly. If you do not want to take a chance on a bad meal - you can count on Broadway! Go there my friends!Special Features:
- Great foodLove2eatoutVIPDined on 10/11/2014Date night for us. DH had venison melted in your mouth. I had scallops cooked perfectly. Panna cotta was ok. Overall great meal with the hubby. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedlive2eatDined on 10/11/2014Nice, smallish place. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Broadway MywayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014By far the most high end restaurant in Laguna! The scene is energetic and on the screen they were playing a black and white dog film. Their New York steak is as good as it gets and their fish @zambina i believe is amongs my favorite. Don't forget the Brussels sprouts for appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014Food Fantastic, Atmosphere perfect and Service OutstandingSpecial Features:
- Make a reservationcheers2UDined on 10/4/2014Vibrant, food was fantastic, not pretentious at all, adult relaxed atmosphere, we felt as if we were in one of the hidden gems in the bay area. Fantastic food! Service staff was a fine precision tool working in unison. Some small grumblings by the table next to us but we felt they were not warranted at all. The complained but stated they’d be back again. Well no complaints and we will be back to enjoy again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfaction All AroundJeanieD30Dined on 10/4/2014I brought my husband and 14 month old daughter here for dinner Saturday night and was very pleased from the moment we walked in until the moment we left. Even though they had no high chairs they made room and accommodations for my daughter. Waiter was exceptional as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Staff and EnergyDinersClubDined on 10/2/2014Pricey, of course, but worth it. Outstanding enthusiastic sommelier, attentive but unobtrusive service, and very creatively-composed decently portioned dishes. Great energetic vibe from the entire staff -- management and chef is on the floor asking patrons if they are happy and socializing freely. Great place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/28/2014Amazing food and service. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!LikeItTheWayILikeItDined on 9/27/2014It was mine and my husband's birthdays and we wanted to go someplace special. This restaurant was recommended to me by a friend. I made reservations for the chef's bar (can seat 6) and it was spectacular. You get to watch the chef's prepare the food and we received customized service from everyone. It was a multicourse meal so it took 3 hours but it didn't feel that long. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in OCOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014I was easily able to get a reservation. The staff provided incredible service. And the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BroadwayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Had dinner at Broadway Friday night. The bar was hopping with a very cool bartender fixing up awesome cocktails. Specialties for dinner, the grilled brussels, hamachi and the tender roasted lamb. We braved the bone marrow. Not really to our liking but if you are adventurous maybe you might love it. Portions are really big, I had the pork easily could be split between two and my husband had the lamb which was our favorite. Four stars!!Special Features:
- Sooooo good!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014I wish I could give them 20 stars. In the top 5 of meals I've had in my entire life. Amar is a wizard and a very cool guy.Special Features:
- KatieDined on 9/19/2014The Burrata and Heirloom Tomato Starter was delectable. We loved our entrees also: Portabello Wellington and Beef Stripsteak with Peppers. The deep fried Brussel Sprouts were amazing! Altogether the best meal we have enjoyed in The O.C. for a long time. The $12 glass Chardonnay was so good and piquant I had three! Will definitely come back and also recommend this to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great food experienceKilted1Dined on 9/19/2014There was four of us for dinner and it was the other couples first time there. They are big foodies so we knew this would impress. The menu changes regularly and it once again had a bit of everything you could want. The food is always excellent, the service was a bit slow to start, which was fine as we were in no rush, so when we were ready to order we couldn't seem to catch her attention, but she was very busy so understandable. The details slipped through the cracks on refills toward the end but other than that all was good. The tables are super close together and when you get up to leave you squeeze out between tables trying not to knock over the next tables salt and pepper - that is the only down side to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Went for 26th anniversary dinner, did not realize was european style tight seating and noisy but was OK at first. Unfortunately, we did not realize that they were also serving a garden party at same time in the rear of building at the museum. Our wine was unavailable, server was not found for over 30 mins. , our side dish came at 90 minutes. We watched them burn our brussels sprouts while trying to serve 50 steaks to private event in a half hour. We left before the entree was a twinkle in the eye of the chef. Unfortunately, Amar put profits before service and quality by overextending the capabilities of his restaurant. He should have closed the restaurant for a private event or at least limited his seating. Hard to give him a pass.
- Bar and kitchen where on fireOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014Cocktail and bar service were wonderful Food was really inspired Floor service was horrible. We sat in the dining room, the server gave is the menu, no explination or assistance wa offered. Along with basic service steps missed, there was little to no warmth from the server or no sense of urgency with our requests. It was very odd as the hostess and bartender were briming with hospitality!Special Features:
- Biggs94Dined on 9/15/2014The food here was excellent, and worthy of the buzz going round. However, The service was comical. The restaurant was about 25% filled, the table next to us left saying “no one has waited on us”. We waited 15 min for our first drink, and there were servers standing around. They forgot our appetizer and had to be reminded. Great Chef, lousy manager…………. they better really step it up on the service level or they'll be closed within the year.Special Features:
- Stop Thinking About It-Just Go HereJeffDined on 9/15/2014We love finding new and different restaurants, and this did not disappoint. Very creative dishes with off the charts flavor. Cocktails were amazing. We LOVED this place and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broadway a must for food & serviceRonnyGVIPDined on 9/13/2014Broadway set itself apart from the common standard food choices and plain grilled or roasted entree's. Broadway definitely delivers high end chef quality food for your taste buds. Food was awesome, sauces scrumptous. Presentation of food selections delightful. The service was spot on, and done with class. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place.....no moreocfoodieDined on 9/9/2014very disappointed in the restaurant and food during this last Tuesday night....Usually have very high expectations and thus far the staff has always delivered unfortunately for this special bday dinner all came very much below expectation....food was cold and not impressive...scallops too salty and the new Zealand venison completely unimpressive....for a $200 ticket I certainly had much greater expectations....what happened to you Broadway?
- Great selectionSoCal2014VIPDined on 9/5/2014Outstanding cocktails and wine. Inventive starters. Outstanding entrees. Decadent desserts. What is not to love? Notables: green velveteen cocktail, classic oysters, branzino perfectly prepared and a custard that was both light and rich (how is that possible?). Our server was the perfect guide through the menu.Special Features:
- Brilliantly doneSusieQDined on 9/5/2014The food is fresh, seasoned perfectly and presented beautifully. Staff is very knowledgeable & helpful. The menu is very creative and diverse. The lamb shank and skirt steak main dishes were delicious! The brussel sprouts side dish is amazing! And the panna cotta...well, try it for yourself...yum! And for nut lovers, try the peanut butter crunch dessert.Special Features:
- Great for vegansOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I are vegan, and Amar Santana came up with four different plant based courses for us. The food was amazing!Special Features: