PRISM - formerly Brizola
555 E. Lafayette Blvd
Detroit, MI 48226Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
PRISM - formerly Brizola
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.greektowncasino.com/restaurants/prism
- Phone: 3133092499x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: Closed
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm- 11:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm to 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Party menu is designed to fit all occasions and customized for almost any budget
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday and Saturday,
- Cross Street: St. Antoine
- Public Transit: People Mover
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Available in our adjacent facility. Greektown Casino parking in our covered structure located right off I-375. Simply take the East Lafayette exit and make an immediate right to enter the parking facility. Casino valet services available off of Lafayette Blvd.
A word from PRISM - formerly Brizola
Contemporary atmosphere with floor to ceiling windows providing vibrant, panoramic city views with an eclectic menu of prime steaks, seafood and pasta dishes. Enjoy a glass of wine from our extensive wine list while sitting at the circular bar in the center of the dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
PRISM - formerly Brizola - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
PRISM - formerly Brizola reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)romantic (20)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (9)scenic view (7)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great for Special OccasionskwildburDined on 9/12/2014We went here for our 5 year anniversary. The restaurant is inside the actual casino but you don't hear any of the casino noise. During our visit, Brizola was changing to Prism so they had a few specials. The staff was great, the food was great, and the speed was great. My only concern is that the food was very pricey.. $50 for a steak on special with no sides. If there was at least a vegetable side or something then I could understand the price. But being inside of what I consider the least classy casino in Detroit and being that expensive, I will not be going back unless there's another special occasion.Special Features:
- Inviting, Comfortable, EnjoyableOrionPowellDined on 9/6/2014Celebrated a birthday dinner for 2 at a window-side table behind bar, but close enough to enjoy live entertainment. Enjoyed a very tasty Filet Mignon... medium rare, prepared right on order. Service was attentive, and wait staff allowed plenty of time and room for you to enjoy dinner and conversation without constantly checking on you. Busy, but not so busy that you couldn't enjoy plenty of elbow room and space between tables. I know menu and restaurant plan will be changing, so I can only speak for Brizola. Hope the changes only build on the solid ambiance enjoyed at Brizola.Special Features:
- awesome....HammerDined on 9/6/2014Thanks for a wonderful evening on my wife birthday...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis in middle of a busy casinoAskawomanDined on 9/4/2014A sedate, sophisticated restaurant with excellent service and ambiance. However, menu offers an abundance of shrimp dishes, without even one white-fish type of dinner. Greektown salad was excellent, and the filet perfectly prepared. Sides are generous and easily enough for two diners. We have visited several times, but go else where for a clean baked or grilled filet of sole or white fish, etc. All in all, expensive, but Brizola delivers on most counts. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!mikesDined on 8/28/2014Went there for my birthday. Everything we ordered was excellent. Very friendly staff. Thanks for the smoking ice cream!Special Features:
- Get same food for a lot less money.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Service was good. Liked the singer. Food was mediocre. I could get better steak for less than half what I paid. Shrimp was just ok. Salmon seemed a little old. Wine and beer good. It just wasn't worth what we paid. Probably won't be back.
- Great food & excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Great Birthday for my wife! Great food and the service was excellent, will return.Special Features:
- Yum!NorthvilleresDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I go often to Brizola for a great dinner and we are never disappointed. The wait staff is awesome and the food and atmosphere are exactly as we expect...great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service=Great! Food=so soNikkiDined on 7/25/2014Loved the service.....but not pleased with the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Bar service excellent, wait staff very efficient, friendly -- would highly recommend for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationLuv2eatoutDined on 7/23/2014Brought my best girlfriend to Brizola to celebrate her 75th birthday. It was great food, great ambience, great company! We will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sopickyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014We were delighted with the atmosphere, surprised that the place wasn't packed, and blown away with the amazing waiter "John" and the food was so incredible we can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- acoutisticsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014bring in some noise deadening surfaces to improve the acoustics.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014Excellent dining experience. Love the IPad menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialBulldogDined on 6/27/2014My wife does not normally like to go to Greektown Casino with me, but if we're going to eat at Brizola, she looks forward to it. Our most recent dining experience was a great adventure, as we discovered a wonderful new crab appetizer and a deilicious new "Michigan-made" wine. The live music was very enjoyable and the service was fantastic. We are already looking forward to the next time we can dine at Brizola.Special Features:
- Wonderful steak house in casinojulieVIPDined on 6/26/2014Brizola was very good. The waitstaff was pleasant, but our main waitress was fantastic. The restaurant is expensive, so just walking in from the casino you may be in for a shock. There was no smell of smoke at all from the casino . I had a delicious veal chop and spinach. The wedge salad feeds two people, it is huge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014The service was first rate and the food was good. I will return and would recommend to a friend.Special Features:
- ConsistantbikaDined on 6/25/2014You are not going to find better Service ( Especially if you have Tom, Lisa or John serve you). They always make you feel comfortable. If you have special needs or requests in Dining, the Chef will always work with you. Thank You for your consistency. BillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodDarcelDined on 6/13/2014we ordered the "special" Halibut dinner and the Halibut was wet and mushy, They took it back and brought out salmon that was not cooked. We have gone there MANY times and this was worst...the server and busser told the manager and he did not even come to the table. The waiter Sami told us they have new cooks.. these cooks should go back to school
- GEinDetroitDined on 5/31/2014The bone-in rib eye was fabulous! The house salad was deliciously interesting. The waiter was a consummate professional. I'm surprised the restaurant wasn't more crowded on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- No wordsFoodFitforKingsDined on 5/30/2014The food was so good and the wait and bar staff were amazing. If you go you have to try the pork belly! It is so tender and delicious. The drinks are reasonably priced and good!Special Features:
- Excellent FoodPattythetravelerDined on 5/27/2014The food was very tasty. The waitstaff was attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. The ipad menu was neat as well.Special Features:
- Night out with my husbandLynneDined on 5/24/2014My husband does all the cooking at home, so once a month I like to take him somewhere nice where the meals would be different then the ones we have at home. We chose Brizzola this month and we're happy we did! Right from the start it was fun to be able to see pictures of the food you were about to order on the notebook menu. We shared the Duck Crisp appetizer, which we loved! We each had a generously sized salad and for an entree, I had the Fillet Trio while my husband enjoyed the Halibut which was a special of the day---both delicious. For dessert we shared the Chunky Monkey ice cream sandwich and that was the only thing I was over-the-top about. We're happy we chose Brizzola for our montly dinner out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014The staff was fantastic! It was my fiancées birthday and everyone congratulated her. Lisa was very attentive and gave great suggestions! Overal a great experience :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smoking section spoiler!MikeVIPDined on 5/21/2014This restaurant was amazing all around, but stunk like smoke and had to walk through a smoke filled casino to eat there. i was put off by it, but this place is seriously a cool place if you don't mind smoke.Special Features:
- The following 286 reviews are from the PRISM - formerly Brizola reviews archive.
- What a surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014Very nice....beautiful decor...food was great...would definitely return!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would you like some saltSaltDined on 5/17/2014Everything was overpriced, and way to salty. Spend the same money and eat at motor city restaurant.
- my wife does not likeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014second time there, first time steaks cooked badly, second time lettuce in salad sort of wilted hard and my wifes salmon was not up to standard . She had had salmon at Longhore 2 days before and yours did compare to quality, taste and cooking.
- A classy placeDinnerWinnerDined on 4/24/2014Great food Great service My only criticism is you could smell the smoke from the casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrizolalinusluDined on 4/22/2014My friend and I had wanted to visit this restaurant for several months and finally had the opportunity. We were both somewhat disappointed in the seating. The booth we were seated at was very uncomfortable. The wine was ok at best. The crab chowder was excellent. I had the Halibut which was mediocre and my friend had the trio, which was lamb, scallop and filet. He was pleased with the selection. The waiter was very attentive and pleasant. The view leaves a lot to be desired as you are looking out at another building, unless you sit right at the window, which then I do not know what you see different than the other building. Overall, it was a nice restaurant, but for the price we have been to better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRIZOLA &THE BISBYSBIS1939Dined on 4/19/2014ONCE AGAIN WE WERE TREATED TO A GRAND EVENING,THE MANAGER,STAFF &THE GREETERS WERE ON TOP OF EVERYTHING. FOOD &DRINKS WERE TOPNOTCH. WE WOULD RECOMMEND BRIZOLA TO EACH &EVERYONE.Special Features:
- Surprisingly amazingPatrykDined on 4/18/2014Our visit to Brizola was accidental. I was under the impression that they participated in Detroit Restaurant Week, but it turned out, they did not. The restaurant still offered an amazing menu special for $40 for the DRW-goers. We received an amazing service from Tom, our waiter, the food was delicious from an appetizer, through salad, to main course and desert. Try their French Onion soup...to die for. My Fillet was tender, juicy and tasted fantastic. The whole meal was a feast with a great service and made it for a memorable evening. We will come back again.Special Features:
- Detroit Restaurant WeekSoupyDined on 4/18/2014This reservation was for Detroit Restaurant Week. When we arrived, we were told that Brizola was not participating, but that they would put together a meal for us- $40 per person, not the DRW $30. Our server, John, was fabulous as was his assistant, Dennis. The manager, Frederick, visited our table and explained that Brizola should not have been on the DRW list and perhaps I had been looking at last year's list of participating restaurants.The food was excellent and the service as well. I did not like walking through the casino to get to Brizola.The casino was very smokey and there was no restroom in the restaurant and I had to go back into the casino to use it.Although the food and service were good, we will probably not return.Special Features:
- SmokySusanDined on 4/17/2014Brizola is an upscale restaurant in the Greektown Casino. The food and service was excellent. We had 2 issues. First, the aroma of cigarette smoke, drifting in from the casino, was annoying. Second, we booked through Open Table for Restaurant Week. When we arrived we were told that Brizola was NOT participating this year. How did this error occur? According to our waiter, a bad link from Google. My issue is that I specifically mentioned in booking that this was for Rest Week and the restaurant could/should have called and told us. We were not the only ones,also according to the waiter, & were offered a modified Rest Wk menu, but with fewer options, which did not satisfy most of our table. We spent far more than we had planned.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceEBC1Dined on 4/12/2014Me and my wife enjoyed our anniversary the service was great. Thanks for making my special day wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but expensiveskippyDined on 4/5/2014This is a very expensive establishment. Check the menu out before you go. Prices this high should inlude a salad and a side dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From the Front desk to thebikaDined on 4/5/2014From the Front desk to the back room it is always top rate. Continues to maintain the position overall of one of the Best in Metro Detroit. Would like to see a Valet Scanner outside the entry door to Brizola to reduce the Excessive wait after dining and then picking up your vehicle.Special Features:
- Lovely setting, food wasnt lovelyyummytummyDined on 4/4/2014Easy to use iPad menu. Nice contemporary ambiance. Good salad selection and flavorful. House wine selections all had good flavor. Ordered chicken. 2 pieces came on the plate. Breast (moist and flavorful) and thigh (fatty and greasy). At $30, for just a plate of meat, I expect better quality than what was served. Very disappointed. Didn't order dessert.Special Features:
- food great, service....not so muchshallDined on 3/29/2014My husband took me here for my birthday. The food was great, but the service was not. We had reservations but still had to wait about 25 minutes to be seated. I'm not sure why as the restaurant was not crowded.Special Features:
- Decent food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2014We arrived early for the reservation, about 20 minutes and were told we would be sat at our exact time, which is fine. We left and went to the casino bar for a drink. When we came back, we were made to wait another 10 mins while they "prepared" our table. It took another 10 minutes before we got our menus and another 5 minutes before the waiter took our drink order.... As you can see the theme of the night was wait, wait, wait. The food was decent, even with the appetizer mess up, but the overall impression of the restaurant was poor. The meal took 2 and a half hours not because we were lingering over our meal, but because the service was incredibly slow. I expect better service and great food for the price of the meal we received.Special Features: