555 E. Lafayette Blvd
Detroit, MI 48226Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.greektowncasino.com/restaurants/prism
- Phone: 3133092499x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: Closed
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm- 11:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm to 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Party menu is designed to fit all occasions and customized for almost any budget
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday and Saturday,
- Cross Street: St. Antoine
- Public Transit: People Mover
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Available in our adjacent facility. Greektown Casino parking in our covered structure located right off I-375. Simply take the East Lafayette exit and make an immediate right to enter the parking facility. Casino valet services available off of Lafayette Blvd.
A word from PRISM
Contemporary atmosphere with floor to ceiling windows providing vibrant, panoramic city views with an eclectic menu of prime steaks, seafood and pasta dishes. Enjoy a glass of wine from our extensive wine list while sitting at the circular bar in the center of the dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
PRISM - Best Restaurants in Detroit ›
PRISM reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (9)special occasion (8)romantic (7)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (4)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (0)Show More
- Restaurant Week Birthday Girl!BirthdayGirlDined on 9/20/2014What a pleasant surprise! Very quick service and very nice. Nice view, great for groups. Relaxed environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love to eat!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I went for our 14 year anniversary. The food was good, service, was good. I would recommend for a nice evening out, then go play some slots or dance on main floor entertainment.Special Features:
- It's a casino restaurantnotcreativeDined on 9/20/2014PRISM fits a casino location--they take your money with a minimum of effort and you leave kind of wondering what you just paid for. We went for Detroit Restaurant Week on 9/20/14. When we were seated, we waited for between 5-10 minutes before our waiter appeared. This would have been fine, had we been given a wine list when we were seated. Once we received a list, we placed our drink orders and then our food orders without incident. Drinks also took a while, and my old fashioned was not great. Food came out at a pretty good pace, but they don't do the little things very well. We had to ask for water refills, salt & pepper (which the fish needed badly). Overall, it's not awful, but not anywhere I'm rushing to go back.
- Won't ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Even though it was restaurant week, when we arrived at 7:30 there were many empty tables yet our service was extremely slow. It took 20 minutes to be greeted by our waiter. There was no response, not even an apology when we complained about the wait. We ordered a bottle of wine which was promptly delivered but sat unopened for 10 minutes. The chopped salad was delicious, probably the best salad either of us had. I had the filet mignon which was a 2" square charred so much on the outside that it was difficult to cut with a steak knife. My husband had the veal shank which was mediocre. The creme brûlée was served in a ramekin inside a larger ramekin. There was just one raspberry in the larger dish which seemed odd and none on the brûlée.Special Features:
- Good foidKajuDined on 9/19/2014Went for Detroit restaurant week. Food portions were perfect. Steak was a little dry but still good. Lava cake was cold on the insideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurantLuvfoodDined on 9/19/2014Visited for restaurant week so didn't have access to full menu but the choices available on the limited menu were excellent. The wine/cocktail options were great. The first course, entrees, and desserts were well prepared and very tasty. We dined with another couple and we were all pleased with our selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food poor service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014The food was excellent. Seasoned perfectly. The servers were friendly but poorly trained. We had to ask for the wine list, bread, butter, and toppings for the baked potato. The bread plates were removed before the butter was served. We would return because the food was excellent but we hope the servers are better trained for a high end restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in a CasinoDaredevleDined on 9/19/2014Went for Detroit Restaurant Week. My wife had, what appeared to be, a Rock Cornish Game Hen with Cranberry Stuffing. I had the Grilled Walleye. Both were FANTASTIC. I also had the Rissoto Balls, for the appetizer, and the Lava Cake for dessert, and thought they both were very good. My wife had the Chopped Salad and the Tiramisu. She found the salad TOO chopped, and the Tiramisu to "Heavy". (I'm not sure what that means.). Probably my biggest complaint is that, because the casino allows smoking, in the gaming areas, the odor bleeds through with the restaurant door opening and shutting regularly. Maybe a heavily filtered area BETWEEN DOUBLE DOORS would help.Special Features:
- Great!pat351vDined on 9/19/2014Food was incredible! Will definitely return! It was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLindaJoDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant just reopened 2days before Detroit Restaurant week. We ordered Osco Buco which was tasteless. Salt and pepper was requested because there was not any on the table, one large set was being shared among the whole restaurant!!!!! We shared dessert, one order chocolate lava cake the other Tiramisu. The chocolate lava cake was good, the Tiramisu was very different, had a banana flavor --definitely eatable BUT no where near the real stuff! Our server was pleasant but not real knowledgeable about all the dishes except rather or not they where going to be on the regular menu. Entertainment was pleasant, a live duo, a welcome surprise since we dined early.
- Food and othersazarDined on 9/19/2014Very nice place for non kid occasion. Service and food was very good. Love the chopped salad and rice balls.Special Features:
- Prism reviewkarenzDined on 9/19/2014Very pretty inside - food was very good - nice selection of specialty drinks also. Our server was outstanding - one of the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 7 reviews are from the PRISM reviews archive.