866 West Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30308Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brizarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6784122402x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lounge Menu Sunday-Thursday 2pm-12pm, Friday & Saturday 2pm-1am: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Janine Falvo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: After dinner head up to Rooftop 866 to relax by our firepits, while enjoying our cocktail culture of sophisticated drinks carefully prepared by our highly trained mixologists. Be sure to try our Boozy Pops when you're there.
A word from BRIZA
Treat yourself to a culinary night out at Briza, an acclaimed Atlanta Midtown restaurant where farm-to-table fare is served with a Southern flair. Come experience our seasonal cuisine made from locally-sourced ingredients, take a look at our extensive wine list and sip on your favorite hand-crafted cocktail. A premier restaurant in Atlanta’s vibrant Midtown, Briza is perfectly situated on West Peachtree Street and captures the energy of the surrounding neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BRIZA reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (7)special occasion (6)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (3)good for groups (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Past Its PrimeTheaterGoerDined on 10/25/2014The half-full restaurant (on a Saturday night) didn't have our table ready despite having a reservation. After we were seated on the stained, upholstered chairs, the surly waiter took over from the friendly hostess. If the service we received is indicative of the standard at the restaurant, no wonder it was half-full. The food was fairly solid with a few exceptions (too much salt on a couple of things), but we won't be back.
- birthday dinnerDemetriaDined on 10/10/2014I reserved a dinner for a party of 15 on Friday, Oct 10th. The food was awesome! We asked the chef to come out so we could personally thank him for the well prepared meals served to my dinner party. I had the 12oz rib eye steak. I did not need any steak sauce - it was cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average hotel restaurantE2dinerVIPDined on 9/9/2014Briza has a limited menu and wine list. Not particularly great food but convenient to the Georgia Tech conference center. Good service.
- Birthday dinner disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014I never write reviews but since this was my birthday dinner, I will. Like others have complained, the service was bad :( my server was over whelmed by my group of 14. Most fine dining venues give a birthday dessert, and I didn't even receive that so it was a big disappointment in general.Special Features:
- hopelessromancelovingdatenightDined on 8/18/2014Had a great time with the wife, they accommodated my request for a candle lit dinner and the food was excellent. A must go again!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vsl0817Dined on 8/17/2014Service was very slow and the restaurant was not busy at all. The mimosa was tart, used to a sweet Spumante. It was made with Prosecco. Did not like the silverware being laid on the table. The table had bread crumbs from a previous seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem close to Georgia TechAdrianVIPDined on 8/11/2014My second visit to Briza was another great one. I arrived for an early dinner, and was seated at a very spacious table with a very comfortable booth. The service was also very good, our server was nice, attentive, and professionally acted when a drink I ordered took slightly long to arrive (I didn't even think it took that long). As usual the dishes ordered tasted great. Their corn soup, although I would've liked it warmer, had great taste with a nice spicy kick to it. My favorite plate, their Duck Confit is out of this world, and I was told the Salmon was also very good. There are also nice options for dessert. In general, another great visit to Briza and it remains on my list of recommended restaurants in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Briaza ResturantSavemeaseatDined on 8/9/2014Briaza was awesome enviroment. We got there after breakfast - but our fault - so we had lunch. It was very pricey - everything al e carte. However the food was awesome - the best sweet potato fries I have every had - and I don't care for sweet potato fries. The salad was small but everyone was on a diet. If you have children - please share your plate or it may be a waste of monies...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and presentationParkCitySkierVIPDined on 8/5/2014Great dinner variety. Breakfast was very good with lots to offerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingLjquinnDined on 7/27/2014I selected this restaurant to host my partner's birthday celebration with 10 of my dear friends. From the very beginning it was apparent that it service was going to go south. There were two servers which had no idea what they were doing. Drink orders took forever, the food delivery was extremely long, but what was even worse was the fact that Bill (server) couldn't get our drink orders right. He would ask us who had what drink and when we would answer he would question it. It was absurd and rude! If he would of positioned our orders he wouldn't' of had to ask. The majority of us are all in the hotel/hospitality industry and this was to us all the poorest service imaginable. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Gourmet Experience in MidtownLuigiDined on 7/19/2014I selected Briza last night for a special occasion also looking for innovative Southern Food. Everything was wonderful. First, the ambience and refined decoration was great! I was impressed by our waitress Franklin , always with a smile, he serve our table with a friendly and professional demeanor! We order a selection of appetizers, the Sweet Corn Soup was very good and the best on our selection. One of my guest brought a very special bottle of wine, a superb Malbec from Mendoza, Argentina. The uncork fee was very reasonable, thanks for that. Our main dishes where all great, the 48 hours marinated in wine meat was excellent choice and different! I had the Pork Chop suggested by Franklin and was also great! Thanks for the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dilbert666Dined on 7/13/2014Good place. Not in the best location for casual visitors but we enjoyed the service and the food for a Sunday BrunchSpecial Features:
- Overpriced mediocre Foodrubble17Dined on 7/4/2014Very disappointed in the entire experience. The food was bland at best. For the price of the plates, I expected a lot better. There was no evidence of this being a farm-to-table restaurant. Our server was good, but I think he realized we did not like the food and didn't ask us about our experience. The website does not mention anything about being a hotel restaurant. Part way through dinner, loud music started playing as the lobby of the hotel transformed into a weird bar/lounge. But the restaurant kept its music playing as well, which just made it even more chaotic.
- Not Worth the MoneyFrankiebabyVIPDined on 7/3/2014I looked at the reviews very carefully and was impressed about what I read. I had an early reservation for a Friday. No one was at the front. I had to go inside to ask for assistance. The waiter Jesse didn't know anything about the menu. I ordered the mixed green salad. They left off the cheese. When I ask Jesse about it, he told me it was in the dressing. I asked to speak with the manager. It took over 30 minutes for her to come, even though there was NO ONE in the place!!! I asked for some bread while waiting for the food. They gave me stale bread with butter. The corn bisque & seared scallops were delicious. If you go, go without the expectation of good service and knowledgeable wait staff.
- The following 288 reviews are from the BRIZA reviews archive.
- Best experience in Atlluv2eatDined on 6/28/2014I would like to first say it was an absolute pleasure dining at Briza. The customer service was awesome from the time we entered the establishment. Our waiter Roy was awesome as well. He was very polite, friendly and most of all attentive to our needs. We celebrated my husband's birthday and we had a few family members celebrate with us and they all were impressed with Roy's hospitable countenance. He was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional, warm, friendlyCulinaryClubAtlDined on 6/27/2014This was a great dining experience for our Culinary Club of Atlanta. Celebrating 13 years of dining at Atlanta's finest, we found Briza perfect for our peculiar dining needs. From reservation changes to a warm and accomodating welcome, it was a great evening out, and that was before we started our meal. The cocktail selections were intriguing, the wine list very extensive and the service was excellent. The farm fresh food lived up to our expectations and every dish was fantastic from presentation to temperature to taste! Briza's Executive Chef and staff delighted our party of eight from appetizers to coffee and the entire dessert menu! I am still smiling at our selection of this restaurant 24 hours later. THANKS BRIZASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service and more servicesmnole1Dined on 6/21/2014Our waiter was outstanding and funny. Items not on the new menu they were able to make and exceeded our expectationsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014We hosted a client dinner for 20 this week and BRIZA ended up being the perfect spot. It was a week night and the noise level was low, allowing for really good conversation. The food was consistently excellent and felt very much of the region. Service from Jessie was friendly and top notch.Special Features:
- ServicemoniandbobDined on 6/15/2014Bill was a Great help and the food was Great. I cannot remember the name of the brunch plate but it was made of Green fried tomatoes.Special Features:
- ServantLuckDined on 6/15/2014The environment is very well but the host and servant wasn't very constant. We was waiting there 20mins before we were asked what we wanted and it was Father's DaySpecial Features:
- Good hotel restaurantSherBilVIPDined on 6/8/2014We went for brunch before a matinee at the Fox. The food was good, but not exceptional. The cost was high for what you get, although it's probably priced in the same ballpark as other restaurants in the area offering the same fare.Special Features:
- Mussels were great!Cz4373Dined on 6/5/2014My friend and I met for an early dinner which consisted of appetizers and wine. The fried chicken and waffles were good but the mussels were also delicious! I'd love to go back for a special occasion. Our waiter, Roy, was very attentive and patient as my friend and I had a lot of catching up to do and the hostess, Amanda was so inviting and personable. I'd definitely go back!Special Features:
- First TimersOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/4/2014This was our first time at Briza, and we were totally wowed by the ambiance, the food, and the service. We love finding new places to dine before going to The Fox Theater, and have been doing this for about 10 years. I make the reservations thru Open Table, and am totally pleased with the restaurants we haven chosen. But, this one beats them all. The food could not have been better, the service was unbelievable, and the ambiance was perfect. We will be back, as we are season ticket holders at The Fox, so we return during our next season.Special Features:
- New FavoritelonhawDined on 5/24/2014Found Briza for Valentines a few years ago and has become a favorite for before shows at the Fox and occasional nights out. The 866 roof top bar is a fun place after dinner as well which can be accessed by a short elevator ride or spiral staircaseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not at it's bestDiningOutwithBobVIPDined on 5/17/2014While OK, it just wasn't quite as good as our several previous experiences. The service was fine, but the food seemed uninspired, sort of like chef's night off...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the visit!ajontimeVIPDined on 5/12/2014You can Valet your car at the renaissance and have the ticket validated at the restaurant. The ambiance was top notch. The decorations are impressive. The waiter was attentive although he over shared some info about the staff at the restaurant which i found a bit unprofessional. The mussels were INCREDIBLE. YOU HAVE TO TRY THEM. I had the Sea Bass and was told its their top seller but I didn't find it to be so out of this world. I wish i tried the 48 hour ribs. The pricing was great. I would definitely return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/12/2014These are the drinks I tri West Peach tea 1 refresh Hemingway daiquiri 2 martini refresuhngh Up in Smoke 3 whiskey smokey Red sky 1 sweet refreshing The mussels are good 1. Purple Kale Salad ste giood1 Smoked and Fried chicken 2 crispy skin but dry, thigh and wing ok dark meat Wwild rice is great1+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014Good, basic brunch food. We all enjoyed our meal and it wasn't overly crowded. Service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- KicaKicaDined on 5/11/2014We had brunch and it was wonderful. Loved the atmosphere and the food was great!Special Features:
- Mother's Day DisappointmentObsidianDined on 5/11/2014The food was cold and bland. The French toast was awful: not fully cooked, cold and tasteless. Despite empty restaraunt, hostess put us in the back near a work station. If they can't get breakfast right, I can't imagine the lunch or dinner executions are any better.
- Great place to eat before a show.LbbuckVIPDined on 5/2/2014Food and service were both excellent. If hotel is busy, valet parking can be a problem. Otherwise, a great place to eat before a show at the Fox.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for the foxrannyDined on 5/1/2014this establishment was great and the service was very good; we enjoyed the early dinner before the fox
- Rehearsal DinnerJaneVIPDined on 4/18/2014We hosted our son's Rehearsal Dinner for 40+ guests at Briza and everything was outstanding. The food was unbelievably good. We had sweet potato soup, roasted duck with tart cherry pinot jam, sea bass with truffled hollandaise and steak. Every guest commented on the atmosphere, the staff and the food. The best food and service ever. Roy was our head waiter. He was always there when you needed him and handled guest issues professionally. Our event manager, Sarah Thomas, was amazing. Helpful, professional, kind and so very accommodating. All the staff were more interested in making the event a success than anything else. I can't express how truly wonderful my event was because of all of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ws great! Service was lovely.NikkiDined on 4/15/2014Our waiter, Roy, was super personable and fun, and the food was fantastic. The wine list had a good range of wines that were affordable by the glass, and over all it was just a great experience. Super easy walking distance to the Fox, -- really a nice brisk stroll after dinner. The valet there is great, too - way better than paying to park at any of the lots near the Fox. We parked at 530pm and with validation, you get three hours free, so upon pickup (at least 1030pm) we owed only $10 each. The entire experience for a night out at the Fox was great!Special Features:
- Vernonia birthdayvboswellDined on 4/11/2014This was a wonderful experience. They knew we were coming from out of town, we missed our reservation time and they still accommodated us. Thank you for the best birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost...eventsBOUTIKDined on 4/8/2014The hostess - excellent! Manager - excellent! Dessert - excellent! Ambiance - sexy! Waiter - very pleasant but not as attentive considering only 5 tables had guests. Now, the food - steamed oysters, lobster home fries, bbq chicken and waffles....NOT so much. The texture, temp, and presentation of everything was spot on but the flavor fell way short. Atlanta's restaurants are among some of the best in the world...step up your game Briza...the potential is certainly there!Special Features:
- AmazingAutieDined on 3/28/2014Briza was amazing I was only in Atlanta for one nigh and happened to end up here and I loved it I would definitely go back. And recommend it to others!!Special Features:
- ExcellentDonBDined on 3/21/2014Had a wonderful experience. Service, drinks and good was great. Ordered the waffle and chicken bites, great way to start the meal. Drinks were prepared perfectly. Wife had Sea Bass and I ordered the smoked and fried chicken entree, prepared to perfection. Would recommend Briza to anyone who is looking for a spot in Mid-Town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waiter/food Horrible bathroomMrsHDined on 3/15/2014Roy the waiter was great! Our steaks were amazing (they do some kind of rub with coffee and sugar). But, they need to hire a new hostess immediately. She was not at her post to greet anyone at the door. She was too busy setting up tables for the next day's service. Then, I went into the women's bathroom and found NO toilet paper and the two trash cans completely overflowing with trash all over the middle of the floor. Many moons ago I worked in a restaurant, and the general tidiness of the bathroom was the responsibility of hostess. I do not think anyone had been there the entire day, it was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a restaurant like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Aweful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2014The restaurant is beautiful but we should have known it wasn't going to be good since there was hardly anyone there on a Sat night. Although no one was truly pleased with their meal, mine was truly the worst. I ordered the sirloin (medium). It was to come with a warm bacon potato salad and green beans. I substituted sautéed spinach for the beans. What I got was a burned, beyond well done piece of beef that was so over cooked, it was curled up on my plate. The spinach looked like it hadn't been cooked at all except from the heat of the steak. I did not get potatoes. We were with friends that we hadn't seen in a long time so I didn't say anything, besides it was truly beyond repair for me.Special Features: