7377 St. Helena Highway
Napa, CA 94558Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brix.com/
- Phone: 7079442749x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 5:00 pm
Lunch Saturday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
Buffet Brunch: Sunday 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Dinner: Friday- Saturday : 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Dave Cruz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our Executive Chef Dave Cruz's exciting Napa Valley cuisine and our friendly, professional service are available for private events. Our polished service staff attend to every detail, ensuring that your event- whether it's a wedding ceremony, reception, rehearsal dinner or a national sales meeting- will be memorable and worry-free.
Our three beautiful and unique private dining rooms can accommodate groups ranging in size from ten to sixty.Our outdoor flower garden overlooks our vegetable gardens and vineyard. Dining under the stars or on beautiful afternoon, you’ll enjoy the perfect outdoor answer for lunch or dinner parties up to 150. Our spaces offer sweeping views of our vineyards, vegetable gardens and the Mayacamas Mountains.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Guyot 7079442747x
A word from Brix
Located in the heart of Napa Valley! 1 Mile North of Yountville on Highway 29. Take a walk around the grounds or through the vineyard after your meal. You are sure to fall in love with our property. We have 25 raised beds of herbs and vegetables that supply our kitchen on a daily basis so take a minute to stroll around and see what is ready to be harvested! If you are celebrating a Birthday, Anniversary, or other special occasion, please note that restaurant policy is to provide custom handwriting on the plate of the person celebrating when you order dessert.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Brix reviews from OpenTable diners
297 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (241)scenic view (211)fit for foodies (143)special occasion (139)romantic (137)notable wine list (109)great for brunch (94)great for lunch (92)good for groups (78)neighborhood gem (45)kid-friendly (21)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (7)Show More
- Not a "fine dining" experienceOlalaberryDined on 8/17/2014Based on the plentiful good reviews, I made reservations for brunch for my boyfriend's 50th birthday. Although the outdoor seating provides a lovely scenic view, and the service was good, the main event, the food, was quite a disappointment. This is a standard family style brunch with mid-quality food, just a step above a chain food restaurant. Not at all a fine dining experience. For the price, I expected a much better quality and selection.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableKonagirlVIPDined on 8/17/2014The patio dining here is fantastic, views are beautiful. We were surprised to find only a buffet is offered all day Sunday. So if it's Sunday and you want a great buffet, this is your spot. But if you want their great burger, move on.Special Features:
- Pricey!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014My husband and I have been to Brix before for dinner and understand the high prices...quality food, great service etc. However, we attended Sunday brunch last weekend prior to a tasting and the cost was astronomical for two ppl for brunch and one Mimosa - $100+ We don't eat like most americans...we love a little of this and that. The portions were beautifully done but still, how much can one eat. Really overpriced although the assortment was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and superb foodWconnollyDined on 8/16/2014This was my best food experience in Napa to date. Fresh ingredients, a beautiful view over the gardens and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- brix restaurant 8/15/14chaseDined on 8/15/2014Loved the beautiful view from outdoor patio seating. Walked thru gardens saw fresh herbs and vegetables growing that were used in our meals. A memorable evening- great food -great company -beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014Scallops very good. Brussels sprouts burned, dry. No desserts worth the effort.
- Great TimeCoachDined on 8/12/2014Every time we travel to Napa this is a must stop for us. We always have hD great food and a great time, highly recommend BrixSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try BrixVirginiaDined on 8/12/2014Everyone looked like they were having a very nice time....food was uneven but we may have ordered the wrong things....everyone around is was enjoying their dinner...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Somewhat pretentious, availability of wait staff, lacking attention to detailSpecial Features:
- Outdoor Brunch in St. HelenaJimSDined on 8/10/2014We mostly enjoyed an outdoor Sunday brunch at Brix. The main complaint was the wasps attacking our food and us and trying to monopolize the table. It seems that management has never heard of wasp traps. We would be unlikely to eat outdoors again in the summer unless traps were hung. The food was good but expensive ($42.50 for brunch, excluding mimosas) but, except for dessert did not have a large number of choices. Raw seafood bar, Eggs Benedict, an omelet station, cheeses and a few cold meat selections comprised the buffet. Service was very friendly, but there were some glitches - after telling us that the waiters would help with the wasps by promptly clearing plates, our waitress passed by 4 times before we got her to remove them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Good vibe and good was good, I ordered the oysters for appetizers and feel 3 are small for a plateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do NOT use/buy gift cards here!!DateNightOutDined on 8/9/2014We had a top notch dinner here, it was so nice that we returned the next evening and bought a gift card for relatives to use the next day. Bad mistake. Several days after this, my husband received a call saying that the gift card used had zero balance and that since our guests had no other way of paying for the lunch, they were now looking to him for payment. Overall the language used by the restaurant implied that our guests skipped out on the meal. Even after providing the credit card information to the restaurant, and having them admit that one of their staff members remembered selling the gift card to my husband, Brix kept sayhing things like " the restaurant decided to take care of the meal". We paid for that meal!! No apology.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchlvtoeatVIPDined on 8/9/2014At lunch while wine tasting it was fantastic! Food and drinks were terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBarbsieDined on 8/8/2014I had been to Brix several times over the past 10 years. It was always good food, beautiful gardens with outdoor seating, great menu, good service, and a lovely gift shop. This time all of the above was missing except the beautiful garden. Even sitting outdoors became unpleasant when we were besieged by a horde of bees who were literally eating the meat off our plates. The choices on the menu were mundane. MY guest had to return his hamburger because it was overcooked--mine was burnt. The waiter was indecisive and seemed unsure of himself. The gift shop was gone, and replaced by large lounge chairs that seemed out of place. All in all, it was a very disappointing experience, and I will not go back.Special Features:
- Returning to FormOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/7/2014We were reluctant to try Brix after a very disappointing experience a couple of years ago. However, this time it appeared that the restaurant has returned to some of its better days. All of our main dishes were very tasty especially the scallops, sea bass and a side of brussel sprouts. A dessert of fresh berries were accompanied by just the right amount of whipped cream. The service started out in an excellent fashion but tailed off as the meal progressed such that we had to get someone other than our waiter to bring us the bill. It seems that there has been a change in management and we think that it is for the better!Special Features:
- Birthday LunchbjrfDined on 8/7/2014The BFF picked Brix for her birthday lunch and we are both highly pleased with her choice! The serving staff was knowledgeable, friendly and attentive, the food was of course fabulous, and the weather was perfect for our patio dining. We tried a selection of appetizers for our meal and the Deep Fried Green Beans and the Flatbread Du Jour were particularly noteworthy. The only slight fault I can possibly think of was when the Napa Wine Train went by it got rather noisy. Big deal :D Don't miss a walk through the gardens all around the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great!SmprideDined on 8/2/2014The view was great. The scallop dish was fabulous. I highly recommend it. It is nice that they use fresh ingredients from their garden. You can even take a walk through the garden after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewsBunnyDined on 8/2/2014One of our favorite restaurants in the valley for lunch. If you can get a table outside the views are truly beautiful. Food very fresh and a nice variety to pick from. Even had a gluten free, dairy free soup I could have! It was a tomato/squash prepared with a vegetable stock. Very good!Special Features:
- Inventive eats, great ambianceruddermanVIPDined on 7/31/2014A beautiful summer evening outside on the patio, looking out at the restaurant gardens, then vineyards, then the hills to the west. Sky turning pastel pink. Ambience - awesome. An eclectic menu - we mainly noshed on small plates - the flatbread with figs, fontina, and thin sliced ham; tempura okra with honey mustard dipping sauce; a nice salad with grilled peaches; awesome - incredible grilled artichoke; prawns with multiple sauces; and outrageous seared scallops with a corn/almond/whole pea mix that was on the surface, well different, but in the mouth and nose great. And we split a mint creme brulee with lemon verbana surgar and blueberries - perfect end. Service was excellent and friendly. Had a super nice storybook zin. Super evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A classicAtltransientDined on 7/30/20142nd time to this restaurant and still enjoyable. Service is great. Outside garden nice to hang out in after meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseFishHaterDined on 7/29/2014Very good food, one of the best outdoor settings in the valley, very relaxed atmosphere, on our top ten list as a place to take out-of-towners. A must try. Unlike some reviews our dishes, the chicken and the pasta were not too salty.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014Great Find!!! Everything we ordered tasted delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply magnificentlive2enjoyVIPDined on 7/28/2014The beauty of the gardens, the deliciously created food, the stunning ambience-simply magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningJaneDined on 7/27/2014We entertained family from out of state and they all said it was one of the BEST meals they had ever had! After dinner, we strolled the garden, had drinks, watched the sunset and Wine Train from the patio. What a perfect evening. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okElainaDined on 7/26/2014I thought the food was ok. Some if the other couples we went with enjoyed their food more than I did. I thought the prawns were fishy and my lamb was more fatty than usual.Special Features:
- DisappointingFoodie29Dined on 7/26/2014We saved Brix for our last night in Napa Valley, expecting it to be a special, delicious dinner. Unfortunately the food was a big disappointment and wasn't good at all. We ordered two appetizers and two entrees and not one of them were above average, but our bill sure was! The people next to us even had to send back two of their dishes, one because it was over cooked and the other because it tasted horrible. The staff was not at all apologetic and didn't even seem to care, plus he waited a good 15 min for his entree to return and be cooked correctly. The view is the only part of this restaurant we actually liked. If I could go back, I would never eat at this restaurant. I would instead recommend TraVigne, Archetype or SolBar.Special Features:
- Don't get the pastramiChrisDDined on 7/26/2014The pastrami has no flavor!! It is just sliced beef! Go with the burgers or flat bread.Special Features:
- EnjoyablegagaVIPDined on 7/23/2014The atmosphere was just lovely, beautiful gardens, patio seating was perfect, waiter was terrific, food was good. Will return at some time when in Napa. GagaSpecial Features:
- rosreviewRosreviewDined on 7/21/2014Tough, thin, expensive rib eye. Pretty sure it wasn't prime. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Top 5 in NapaBrix4strDined on 7/20/2014Amazing place. Great cocktail, salad, and lamb dish. Overall top 5 of napa places I've been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDDined on 7/20/2014I will keep this short. Great food, Great service (Host, Bartender, and Waiter), and a great view.Special Features:
- BrunchsunnysideVIPDined on 7/20/2014Brunch is worth every penny. Amazing buffet brunch! And the gardens are great for a stroll around. I came here with a somewhat large group (8 people) and there were plenty of choices for everyone. Would definitely recommend for a Sunday morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portion Sizes SmallOuttoeatDined on 7/19/2014We went there on a recommendation of a resident. It's a beautiful restaurant, very loud inside dining. The patio looked beautiful. The cocktail list and wine list were impressive. We ordered the Prawn appetizer. Very good! There were two prawns on a beautiful plating. I ordered the flank steak and it was tasty, as were the Brussel Sprouts. My husband had the sea scallops. There were THREE average sized scallops on a bed of toasted almonds and about 10 snap peas. It was very disappointing. When we told the waiter that we were disappointed, he replied that that was their standard plating. For the price paid, the menu might have reflected the portion size. Would not recommend this restaurant. Service bordered on negligent.
- Fantastic!!FoodieSmoodieDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I recently visiting Brix for lunch while in the Napa area. Everything was truly top notch- from the service to the food to the ambience. Amazing!!!! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT RESTAURANT FINDMickeeDined on 7/18/2014We were a rather large group (8) the waiter was amazing, he took great care of us, we never had to ask for anything, he was on it. We asked for separate checks as couples, and he even split the corkage fee.Special Features:
- Great menu and atmosphereRickNStlDined on 7/17/2014Our second time at Brix and next time we will read the reviews before returning. Unsurpassed outdoor dining experience and a broad and creative menu is undone by too much salt. I couldn't eat the steamed arugula because of the salt and the potatoes were only slightly more edible. My wife had the same experience with her meal...we left a lot of food on the plates. The cheesecake was wonderful...I love the toasted coconut in the crust!Special Features:
- wonderful in every way!luvfoodDined on 7/16/2014The atmosphere, food and servicre was superb.The waiter had a wonderful personality and very knowledgeable. It was our friends birthday and they had a card for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Country GemFoodieinMauiVIPDined on 7/16/2014We enjoyed the restaurant for lunch mid week very much! Loved the wines and the service was very good. We thought the food was wonderful but I didn't get enough pastrami on my sandwich. Granted it was Wagyu pastrami which is expensive for them to serve on a sandwich but if you're not going to do it right, don't do it. Adjust the bread size if that's all you'll put on a sandwich. It was all very delicious though. Dessert included was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting Up ThereCriticalBen67Dined on 7/14/2014We have eaten at Brix occasionally for years. Good food and over the years reasonably priced. Lamb main course to die for. But on this most recent visit our guest noticed right away "this place is expensive." The signature lamb dish was $38. The meal was good with large portions, but it was not a four or five star meal as the prices would suggest. I would prefer smaller proportions and a lower price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must doOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014Whenever we are in Napa we make it a priority to have Sunday Brunch at Brix. They have a great selection of both breakfast and lunch items, always fresh, items do not sit out and dry out. This trip I had the El Diablo margarita and it was spicy and delicious. Nice to wander around in the gardens either post or pre brunchSpecial Features: