1338 NW Hoyt St
Portland, OR 97209Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brixtavern.com/
- Phone: 5039435995
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday • 11:00am to Midnight
Friday • 11:00am - 1:00am
Saturday • 9:30am - 1:00am
Sunday • 9:30am - Midnight
Mon. – Fri. • 11am – 3pm
Sun. - Thurs. • 5pm - 10pm
Sat. & Sun. • 5pm - 11pm
Sat. & Sun. • 9:30am – 3pm
Early Happy Hour
Tues. – Sun. • 3pm – 6:30pm
Monday Night Happy Hour
3pm – 12:30am (all evening!)
Late Night Happy Hour
Tues. – Sun • 9:30pm – 12:30am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Kevin Kennedy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Pizza to go and brown bag lunches.
- Private Party Facilities: A semi private loft is available for dining or watching a sporting event on the loft's private flat screen.
- Private Party Contact: Annette 5039435995
A word from Brix Tavern
Brix Tavern marries enduring American comfort food with a classic tavern vibe. From the nostalgia of a Chicken Pot Pie to the savory flavors of Roasted Prime Rib, the menu is built around simple American cooking, enhanced with the freshest in local ingredients. Whether it's a quick bite for happy hour, a leisurely Sunday brunch, or a three course dinner, you are always welcome. Brix is sports friendly too offering discreetly placed HD TV's for catching your favorite game.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Brix Tavern - Best Restaurants in Pearl District ›
Brix Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (61)great for brunch (40)fit for foodies (32)neighborhood gem (32)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (24)great for lunch (24)special occasion (21)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (10)romantic (5)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Not What It Used To Be....ScorpioDined on 9/14/2014The restaurant is still a great place for brunch, lunch, and late night fun, but unless you don't mind waiting, reservations are a must. Some of the new wait staff are not what I'm used to at this establishment, but everyone deserves a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Had a large group for a Birthday. Table was ready and even added more seating for late comers. Everyone had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Great FoodregiDined on 8/30/2014I would totally recommend this restaurant spot for a great dining experience. Brix Happy Hour & Brunch is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014Chris was a great waiter. Noise level pretty high for having a conversationI would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick Pre-concert stopOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014Stopped here with a group of 8 before a concert. The waitress knew we wanted to get in and our quickly and was very prompt with taking orders and bringing drinks and foods. Everything was very good!Special Features:
- Consistantly greatBJ2013VIPDined on 8/24/2014Nice work, food and service was superb! Even with large parties and a full restaurant, orders were brought out with no delay and the quality was we have come to expect, wonderful!Special Features:
- Good Food Fast ServiceWalterMittyDined on 8/19/2014My twenty one year old, my wife and I went for dinner. Service was pleasant and the food came very fast. So fast, it was clear it was not 'prepared to order'. Generally good. The crab cake was flavorful and the succotash made a good base. The citrus slaw was relatively tasteless, however. The halibut and tots was also tasty, again complemented by the tasteless slaw. The quinoa salad was good,I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Food was just ok - portion on the Fish and Chips was so tiny it was embarrassing. Not a good value.Special Features:
- Great food! Great Service!2luvfoodDined on 8/15/2014We had dinner with friends on Friday night. The menu has a great selection with lots of options. Everything from delicious comfort food to pub style food. I had a New York steak that was perfectly cooked. My husband had the chicken fried chicken also fabulous! The portion sizes are very filling. Our server was very kind and helpful and on the ball. Overall we had a terrific experience at Brix. Our friends were also impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In town for 1 nightWetCoasterDined on 8/14/2014Where to go when you are only in town for 1 night? You won't go wrong coming here. The food was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunchBJ2013VIPDined on 8/6/2014Great find, food is delicious, portions are reasonable and price can't be beat for the quality. Staff is very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- Brisk lunch tradezin6Dined on 8/4/2014Nice ambience for lunch lots of light but no glare. Menu selection excellent and the portions more than ample. Staff hustled but had time to be attentive. Definitely return.Special Features:
- Awesome ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Had a large group of 12 for Friday night dinner at Brix. The restaurant was happy to accommodate our group. Food was surprisingly very good and affordable. Most of all our server was AWESOME. He was super helpful, friendly and took great care of everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the4absDined on 7/31/2014Great service from all the staff. Food was really good and the prices were reasonable, especially during happy hour. We will definately be back again. Only downside was that I mentioned both when making my reservation and again when we arrived that it was my husband's birthday but the staff never helped me acknowledge it with a candle in the dessert that we ordered or anything comp'd on the bill. Usually a restaurant makes some effort to acknowledge a special occasion....whatever..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Customer Service!PDXfoodieDined on 7/30/2014Our waitress was extremely rude and seemed almost annoyed that she had to do her job. Not to mention my son finally got his food that they forgot when our group was finishing up. Food was okay but not worth the price and the noise level was so loud that we barely could carry on a conversation. We all will not return and we are disappointed that we spent a special celebration on this place.
- Great Food & ServiceJulieDined on 7/24/2014Macy was a wonderful server. All the food was awesome from the dinner rolls to the entrees - halibut & tots, and the wild salmon. Great drink menu and happy hour scene, too!Special Features:
- A happy birthday brunchIMHODined on 7/20/2014A really good place for brunch, our second time there, three of four in our group couldn't finish our plates, such abundance! However, I had a hard time truly enjoying my applejack pancake - it was good, but cooked in sooooo much butter and sugar that it was overwhelming and a bit greasy. It would have been better if served with something to cut the sweet and fat, maybe some creme fraiche? The rest of the party enjoyed their egg dishes, biscuits and gravy. Love the ambience, the coffee, the drinks were tasty, and the complimentary donuts were to die for, could have eaten another two or five! Nice service, attentive and pleasant, and the ambience was nice, not overly crowded at 10 am on a Sunday, but lively enough to be fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ideal for weekday lunchesGgirlDined on 7/15/2014I ate here on a weekday during my lunch break. We ate outside, which was pleasant. It took over 25 minutes to receive our food, which were quite simple dishes (soup, caprese salad, fries). The wait for the check and follow up to process our payment was incredibly lengthy. I had to track down our server, who was clearly over capacity for workload. Neither the manager nor the coworkers seemed to be as busy, and neither did they help. The food was delicious and good quality, but I do not recommend at all for a weekday lunch. Even if I had not been on a schedule, the wait times were excessive.Special Features:
- 2 wknds in a rowBJ2013VIPDined on 7/6/2014We've visited twice now for brunch, have had excellent food and a wonderful experience. Brunch selection is great, prices are a bargain for what is served. Staff is very friendly and attentive. We'll continue to return and will recommend this to friends!Special Features:
- DineCriticDined on 7/5/2014Typical pub grub. Nothing special, couldn't even get fish and chips right.
- BrixthebestDined on 7/2/2014Used a Groupon and made a reservation indicating that we were celebrating our Anniversary. As soon as we arrived, at least three different restaurant employees wished us Happy Anniversary! The Food and service was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Went here with friends and my partner. The menu was broad and the atmosphere and the location were both really good.Special Features:
- WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Great place but our waitress was horrid. We were celebrating a bridal shower and the waitress was so rude to the bride I was totally embarrassed. We would have to ask her over and over and over to refill our drinks instead of her taking that upon her self. She disappeared for 25minutes! Thank goodness the hostess and the food were great or I would never come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Fabulous breakfast. The applewood smoked salmon eggs Benedict was amazing! They really treated us well and the service was superb. Bloody's were stunning and came with a fresh mozzarella ball. On top of all this it was my mothers 70th and they brought her a little treat to help celebrateSpecial Features:
- HugoBossDined on 6/21/2014Brix is a great restaurant to go to where you wnat nice ambiance, and the menu menu covers almost every taste and preference. and killer cocktails. Its also reasonable priced which is sometime hard to find in the Pearl.Special Features:
- are you going to eat your fat?JandMDined on 6/21/2014avoid the bacon - on the salad and in the mac and cheese - as it is so undercooked that it is almost unrecognizable as bacon. service was poor - waitress not friendly and not familiar with the menu. drinks were promised to be exceptional and were average. fish and chips were ok, nothing great. burger so bad our friend only ate half. very disappointing as we had heard good things about Brix. we would not go back.
- dskustomsDined on 6/15/2014Great food and staff. Will be frequenting this place often. The macaroni and cheese was great and the appetizer sampler is a must have. The selection of food items makes it great for families there is a lil something good everybody.Special Features:
- Great Father's DayBlakeDined on 6/15/2014Service was great, she was very attentive and fun, food always good as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, but great foodLibbiDined on 6/15/2014The music was loud, made it hard to visit. We were there for Father's Day so we wanted to be able to visit. We were told we were going to get a round table, but were seated at a very small table for 6 adults. We asked to move, and that was much better. We had Amelia as our sever and she was great and accommodating. The doughnuts with the raspberry lemon on top was a great starter. All of our orders were excellent. I would go back again, but make sure that there was no live music for my visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food/Great brunch spotJustinDined on 6/15/2014Great menu. It had many options without being overwhelming.Special Features:
- Great serviceVAtoORDined on 6/14/2014Loren's service was outstanding and the food was great. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonnieVIPDined on 6/13/2014Nice menu with lots of choices. Plenty of appetizers, small plates and entrees. Very tasty Italian bread salad. Noise level was an issue for us.Special Features:
- Nice hostess, slow waitersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Love brunch at the brix. The donuts are amazing and the drinks too. We came in on a Sunday and loved that we were immediately seated. We were also able to get a seat outside which made it perfect. However, our server was very slow. Forgot to bring utensils even after we asked, and our order of extra donuts were forgotten until we reminded again.Special Features:
- Date Night DinnerElizaGDined on 6/7/2014We popped into Brix for an early date night dinner before heading out to our event, and had a great meal. Our server was super friendly and helped us narrow down their menu based on our appetites and plans for the rest of the night. In the end we selected two fantastic hot sandwiches and decided on the spot that we were going to come back soon with visiting friends and family to try some of the wide variety of cocktails, wine and food featured on their menu. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchgforceVIPDined on 6/7/2014Discovered Brix Tavern when a friend suggested them for brunch, and enjoyed it so much I introduced a friend to it a week later. The food was great and the menu has some really interesting options for brunch like the Southern Benedict which was amazing. Plus the $9 bottomless mimosas with brunch is a great deal, and the service is so attentive your glass won't go empty. Brix is one of those spots that just feels like home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - not just a tavernOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/1/2014Had Mothers Day brunch here and had a great experience, so returned for my wife's birthday dinner, including my 10-year-old son. Wanted good food and service for my wife and I, without being too stuffy or goody for my son. Brix was ideal. I had beet salad and the ahi tuna, my wife had a steak, and my son loved the tavern platter. There was a private event group that dominated the back, but the noise level was fine. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for prom groups!prom2k14Dined on 5/31/2014My prom group of 21 people went to Brix this year and it was fantastic! Our server was friendly, split our checks without hesitation or reluctancy (we all know how often that is not the case at other restaurants!) and even brought us crayons to draw on the table cloth. The little buttery garlic rolls served were delicious, our dinners were all delicious (that's, another thing to praise - last year our large group was limited to a menu of 6 items, but Brix allowed us to choose anything from their menu!) and our water cups never went dry. I can't even complain about the 18% gratuity requirement because I would have tipped that much anyway! Once again, if you're going to prom and need somewhere to eat, I highly recommend Brix Tavern.Special Features:
- Great for groups or a dateBrownieDined on 5/31/2014Chris was a great server, attentive, fun and on top of it. We were there with a large group and the atmosphere was great. will be going back next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and livelyMAGGIEDined on 5/31/2014Food is upscale and attractively presented. Servers are personable and accommodating, but ours neglected to give credit for a discount coupon. At least on Saturday evenings, bring your cell and ear buds so you can talk to the person sitting next to you.Special Features:
- Pre concert dinnerBoboDined on 5/30/2014Excellent dinning experience! Good drinks, food, excellent service!Special Features: