1338 NW Hoyt St
Portland, OR 97209Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brixtavern.com/
- Phone: (503) 943-5995
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday • 11:00am to Midnight
Friday • 11:00am - 1:00am
Saturday • 9:30am - 1:00am
Sunday • 9:30am - Midnight
Mon. – Fri. • 11am – 3pm
Sun. - Thurs. • 5pm - 10pm
Sat. & Sun. • 5pm - 11pm
Sat. & Sun. • 9:30am – 3pm
Early Happy Hour
Tues. – Sun. • 3pm – 6:30pm
Monday Night Happy Hour
3pm – 12:30am (all evening!)
Late Night Happy Hour
Tues. – Sun • 9:30pm – 12:30am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Kevin Kennedy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Pizza to go and brown bag lunches.
- Private Party Facilities: A semi private loft is available for dining or watching a sporting event on the loft's private flat screen.
- Private Party Contact: Annette 5039435995
A word from Brix Tavern
Brix Tavern marries enduring American comfort food with a classic tavern vibe. From the nostalgia of a Chicken Pot Pie to the savory flavors of Roasted Prime Rib, the menu is built around simple American cooking, enhanced with the freshest in local ingredients. Whether it's a quick bite for happy hour, a leisurely Sunday brunch, or a three course dinner, you are always welcome. Brix is sports friendly too offering discreetly placed HD TV's for catching your favorite game.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Brix Tavern - Best Restaurants in Pearl District ›
Brix Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (49)great for brunch (37)neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (28)vibrant bar scene (26)great for lunch (18)hot spot (17)late-night find (13)special occasion (7)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (1)Show More
- Good for group brunchwrite00Dined on 11/15/2014I've been to Brix for brunch three times -- it's always easy to get a table, the bottomless mimosas are...erm...bottomless, and the brunch options are delicious. It's standard fare, but I think that it hits the mark on catering to the brunch crowd and I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Food CombosPdogDined on 11/7/2014Visiting from SF & was very impressed. Some unique dishes, great service and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!EatingmywaythroughPDXDined on 11/2/2014Recently moved to Portland, but husband arrived a year ago. Had their Christmas party there last December and he loved it, so we went for brunch this time. Excellent brunch options (and we didn't even do the bottomless mimosas). I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish sticksDissaptedDined on 10/30/2014Ordered Alaskan halibut fish and chips - turned out to be three small fish sticks!
- Awesome waitress!!maclverDined on 10/25/2014My mother and I have been to this restaurant several times now and every time we come we get Kyla who is an amazing waitress. She always has a smile on her face and is very pleasant and fun to talk to! Although everybody there seems to be very friendly she makes being there even more fun! Thank you for taking care of us Kyla! We appreciate all of your hard work!Special Features:
- First Impressionssc111Dined on 10/24/2014We made reservations for our anniversary. We overheard one hostess say to another "Just seat them anywhere," great start to our special night. That immediately turned us off. Service was prompt, we ordered from happy hour. The "Classic Caesar" did not taste like caesar at all and was oddly spicy. The waitress was able to get the manager to comp that for us but were not offered anything in place of it. We originally wanted to stay for a few drinks and watch the World Series, but a few things persuaded us not to. The World Series was not even on any of the tv's and we had to ask the bartender to change the channel. With so much noise in the restaurant, we decided it best to leave and have a drink and watch the game some place else.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Food and drinks are really good. A little pricey on drinks if you don't go during happy hour. Good atmosphere and understanding of our traffic delay with our reservation. Service is always really good. We have had the waitress a few times and really enjoy her.
- Excellent ServicefoodcriticDined on 10/17/2014Wife and I went to get out and have a nice meal and we hit a gem with Brix. Drinks were good food was very good wife had the rotisserie prime rib and I had the half chicken. I think the best part was the service was excellent, was there when you needed and left you alone enough to enjoy. Food and drinks were well timed. All in all was a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Loud and lousyAllanDined on 10/12/2014Service was slow and food was very mediocre. The Southern Benedict lacked flavor and was one of the worst meals I've ever eaten. Service was slow and incredibly loud atmosphere.Special Features:
- Doughnuts & bottomless mimosas!AgagDined on 10/12/2014Delicious!! So fun & tasty! Excellent service! We will be having brunch here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014The ambiance was great, but the service and the food (other than the amazing doughnuts) were horrible. It was my mother's b-day and I was very excited to take her for Sunday Brunch, given their bottomless mimosas. We got there and were seated right away (pretty much, I made a reservation) but we sat at the table for 20 minutes for more with zero service. Finally I think the manager felt bad, and brought us 2 plates of doughnuts (housemade) which were amazing. But not once did the waitress ask us if we wanted drinks, seeing that the specialty is bottemless mimosa for $9. Needless to say we didnt order any. We got the breakfast after ordering in like 5 min....hmm. ? Food was greasy and very medicore.
- Brix chips to die for!Foodfun08Dined on 10/11/2014Brix chips amazing! We ordered a few orders of the brix chips for a bachelorette happy hour gathering. I also tried the pork sliders and fries with cheese and bacon. Everything we had including the drinks were awesome!! I'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014We had great wait staff but the noise level from the group in the loft made it hard to have a conversation at our table. The food was excellent as well. I will go back but not sure some in my party will due to the noise .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review for brunch onlygueraguerraDined on 10/11/2014The food is decent, although the eggs on their eggs benedict are a little odd. The service could have been loads better, I wanted to think the girl had too many tables...but after watching, I think she was just slow. The meal was going fine though, until a group came in for a birthday party and to watch the freaking Ducks game. I am all for birthdays, sports, fun, etc. but they were in an "open room" (if you could even call it a room) and were very, very loud. If you are looking for that type of ambiance, I say go. However, typically with brunch, I am just waking up and want my coffee (quickly) and a little more peace and quiet. Won't find that at Brix. Please note, this is a brunch review only. NOT for lunch or dinner service.
- Excellent Trendy find in the Pearl!MsSophieDined on 10/2/2014Great Happy Hour. Super service. Cocktails and Happy Hour menu really nice. Will definately come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite brunch spotsmilinhawaiianVIPDined on 9/28/2014My favorite brunch spot. Great atmosphere - although a bit loud sometimes, excellent food, and decent service.You really can’t beat bottomless mimosas and food that is an incredible value, especially in that area. It’s like grandmas home cooking with a modern twist - Delicious.Special Features:
- Food could be betterMrsHDined on 9/26/2014The food was OK but not great. Potpie was cold upon arrival as if it had been made ahead and then just thrown in the oven. The Brix Chips, however, were amazing!!!! I probably would only go back on a whim but not for a nice dinner out with my husband.Special Features:
- Not What It Used To Be....ScorpioDined on 9/14/2014The restaurant is still a great place for brunch, lunch, and late night fun, but unless you don't mind waiting, reservations are a must. Some of the new wait staff are not what I'm used to at this establishment, but everyone deserves a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Had a large group for a Birthday. Table was ready and even added more seating for late comers. Everyone had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Great FoodregiDined on 8/30/2014I would totally recommend this restaurant spot for a great dining experience. Brix Happy Hour & Brunch is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014Chris was a great waiter. Noise level pretty high for having a conversationI would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick Pre-concert stopOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014Stopped here with a group of 8 before a concert. The waitress knew we wanted to get in and our quickly and was very prompt with taking orders and bringing drinks and foods. Everything was very good!Special Features:
- Consistantly greatBJ2013VIPDined on 8/24/2014Nice work, food and service was superb! Even with large parties and a full restaurant, orders were brought out with no delay and the quality was we have come to expect, wonderful!Special Features:
- Good Food Fast ServiceWalterMittyDined on 8/19/2014My twenty one year old, my wife and I went for dinner. Service was pleasant and the food came very fast. So fast, it was clear it was not 'prepared to order'. Generally good. The crab cake was flavorful and the succotash made a good base. The citrus slaw was relatively tasteless, however. The halibut and tots was also tasty, again complemented by the tasteless slaw. The quinoa salad was good,I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Food was just ok - portion on the Fish and Chips was so tiny it was embarrassing. Not a good value.Special Features:
- Great food! Great Service!2luvfoodDined on 8/15/2014We had dinner with friends on Friday night. The menu has a great selection with lots of options. Everything from delicious comfort food to pub style food. I had a New York steak that was perfectly cooked. My husband had the chicken fried chicken also fabulous! The portion sizes are very filling. Our server was very kind and helpful and on the ball. Overall we had a terrific experience at Brix. Our friends were also impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In town for 1 nightWetCoasterDined on 8/14/2014Where to go when you are only in town for 1 night? You won't go wrong coming here. The food was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunchBJ2013VIPDined on 8/6/2014Great find, food is delicious, portions are reasonable and price can't be beat for the quality. Staff is very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- Brisk lunch tradezin6Dined on 8/4/2014Nice ambience for lunch lots of light but no glare. Menu selection excellent and the portions more than ample. Staff hustled but had time to be attentive. Definitely return.Special Features:
- Awesome ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Had a large group of 12 for Friday night dinner at Brix. The restaurant was happy to accommodate our group. Food was surprisingly very good and affordable. Most of all our server was AWESOME. He was super helpful, friendly and took great care of everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the4absDined on 7/31/2014Great service from all the staff. Food was really good and the prices were reasonable, especially during happy hour. We will definately be back again. Only downside was that I mentioned both when making my reservation and again when we arrived that it was my husband's birthday but the staff never helped me acknowledge it with a candle in the dessert that we ordered or anything comp'd on the bill. Usually a restaurant makes some effort to acknowledge a special occasion....whatever..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Customer Service!PDXfoodieDined on 7/30/2014Our waitress was extremely rude and seemed almost annoyed that she had to do her job. Not to mention my son finally got his food that they forgot when our group was finishing up. Food was okay but not worth the price and the noise level was so loud that we barely could carry on a conversation. We all will not return and we are disappointed that we spent a special celebration on this place.
- The following 448 reviews are from the Brix Tavern reviews archive.
- Great Food & ServiceJulieVIPDined on 7/24/2014Macy was a wonderful server. All the food was awesome from the dinner rolls to the entrees - halibut & tots, and the wild salmon. Great drink menu and happy hour scene, too!Special Features:
- A happy birthday brunchIMHODined on 7/20/2014A really good place for brunch, our second time there, three of four in our group couldn't finish our plates, such abundance! However, I had a hard time truly enjoying my applejack pancake - it was good, but cooked in sooooo much butter and sugar that it was overwhelming and a bit greasy. It would have been better if served with something to cut the sweet and fat, maybe some creme fraiche? The rest of the party enjoyed their egg dishes, biscuits and gravy. Love the ambience, the coffee, the drinks were tasty, and the complimentary donuts were to die for, could have eaten another two or five! Nice service, attentive and pleasant, and the ambience was nice, not overly crowded at 10 am on a Sunday, but lively enough to be fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ideal for weekday lunchesGgirlDined on 7/15/2014I ate here on a weekday during my lunch break. We ate outside, which was pleasant. It took over 25 minutes to receive our food, which were quite simple dishes (soup, caprese salad, fries). The wait for the check and follow up to process our payment was incredibly lengthy. I had to track down our server, who was clearly over capacity for workload. Neither the manager nor the coworkers seemed to be as busy, and neither did they help. The food was delicious and good quality, but I do not recommend at all for a weekday lunch. Even if I had not been on a schedule, the wait times were excessive.Special Features:
- 2 wknds in a rowBJ2013VIPDined on 7/6/2014We've visited twice now for brunch, have had excellent food and a wonderful experience. Brunch selection is great, prices are a bargain for what is served. Staff is very friendly and attentive. We'll continue to return and will recommend this to friends!Special Features:
- DineCriticDined on 7/5/2014Typical pub grub. Nothing special, couldn't even get fish and chips right.
- DatenightVIPDined on 7/2/2014Second time to Brix... Great pub style food that will please most. Service is friendly and timely. This place is usually loud and busy on weekends as a local hot spot. Great for groups, not so much for quiet romantic dinner. Love this place for an active night in the Pearl cistrict.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrixthebestDined on 7/2/2014Used a Groupon and made a reservation indicating that we were celebrating our Anniversary. As soon as we arrived, at least three different restaurant employees wished us Happy Anniversary! The Food and service was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Went here with friends and my partner. The menu was broad and the atmosphere and the location were both really good.Special Features: