1138 Homer Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 2X6Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
Brix Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brixvancouver.com/
- Phone: 6049159463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chris Bisaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Brix offers buyouts with the following minimum spends: Sunday - Tuesday - $8,000 Wed - Thursday - $10,000 Friday / Saturday - $15,000 All prices are exclusive of tax and 17% gratuity.
- Private Party Contact: David Hannay 6049159463
- Entertainment: Live music Mondays. Guitarist and vocals from 9pm - 1am. All bottles of wine under $100 are 30% off!!!
- Special Events: Brix hosts 50+ weddings each year. Please email Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Opening in April 1999 in a turn-of-the-century heritage building on Homer Street it quickly became known for its innovative food, an extensive, well priced wine list, and its warm and inviting atmosphere amid the high-beamed ceilings and original exposed-brick walls.
A unique glass covered key hole courtyard is one of the city's top restaurant patios and is the only Yaletown outdoor dining space opened past 11pm.
An elegant dinner features a wide range of seafood, game, meat and poultry dishes and close proximity to the theatre district makes the light early dining menu a perfect pairing. Brix is also a favourite for the late-night crowd, too, offering great late-night dining into the wee hours.
Vancouver's top cocktail lounge, George, is only a flight of stairs away down on Hamilton Street.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
- Taste of YaletownOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014This is the first time I had been to Brix we decided to try it for Taste of Yaletown. It was outstanding. The waiter we had was always on top of things. There was a small hiccup in getting our bread but the wait staff apologized and everything went perfectly. The waiter had good opinions on the menu, very helpful with the wine list as well. After dinner I had tawny port which I had asked the waiter to recommend it was very good. I had tuna tataki to start, the tuna was perfect, excellent seasoning and the salad under it was maybe a little cilantro heavy but quite good. Ling cod was cooked perfectly, curry sauce was tasty as well. They had run out of raspberry coulis so substituted sour cherry compote on the panna cotta. Balance was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty EscapeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Dining in the courtyard at Brix is like escaping Vancouver and spending an evening in Europe. The old stone and brick walls, the lights and the cosy atmosphere remind me of southern France or Italy. The food is very tasty and attractively presented. The service was friendly and professional. My wife and I had a very enjoyable evening and felt like we'd experienced something unique even though we spend a lot of time in Yaletown.Special Features:
- Great food and atmospherescb399VIPDined on 10/23/2014We went here for the Taste of Yaletown and were very pleased with everything from the vibe and decor to the service and food. The lamb bacon salad has an amazing balance of flavors (I'll return for that), as well as the panna cotta (divine). My entree, a seafood mix in a red curry sauce was lackluster, its laid out in a way so it gets cold fast, the seafood was a bit overcooked, and you're not provided a spoon or anything to get the sauce that's left in the bowl - again, it wasn't bad, just eh. The vegetarian pasta dish was very very good. Overall, I'd return here and get a table in the courtyard, that is an amazing space.Special Features:
- Good but need BIG improvementsDanaDined on 10/23/2014Asked for hot water with a hot lemon wedge, and the lemon wedge came pre-squeezed but no lemon juice flavor in my hot water. This means that a pre-used lemon wedge was given to me on the cusp of my glass. I got it sent back to the kitchen with no apologies were provided from the staff and was also still charged for $1.50. I am very disappointed to experience this from a restaurant like Brix. Overall, we had the Taste of Yaletown menu for $35 and the food was good. It also feel like we were rushed at the end of our meal while my friend and I were happily chatting away and were interrupting by the server asking us to pay for the bill.Special Features:
- Sweet courtyardJaneSpottingDined on 10/21/2014Lovely sweet courtyard. Service attentive yet not overbearing. Food outstanding. Go for a special night. Romantic spot. ..had me gazing at the sole handsome diner nearby! Was with friends but even that was wonderful. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will return.eateateatDined on 10/21/2014It was our first time and we'll definitely return. The service was great and the food was delicious. I had the lamb bacon salad, duck confit, and flourless chocolate cake, all very delicious dishes. My husband ordered the squash puree soup, duck confit, and vanilla panne cotta. We loved it all.Special Features:
- Taste of Yaletown left a bad tasteYaletownYogaGirlDined on 10/20/2014Unfortunately this was a let down due to the poor food quality. My squash soup had no flair, tasted like it came out of a box. The lingcod wa a bit tough/overlooked, at least it came in a nice sauce. The duck was too chewy. At least the chocolate cake was a big hit, but the panna cotta was left untouched after the 1st bite. The wine selection from our server was good but overall the food was a big disappointment compared to previous experiences. Also, after our dessert, our server must have one on break or something, because we were forgotten about and had to track down some other wait staff to get the bill. If it weren't for the romantic courtyard, I wouldn't come back again! Maybe just stick to wine & dessert next time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placePaddyDined on 10/20/2014We had an early birthday supper for my wife and my daughter before the Sarah Maclachlan concert. Great food and outstanding service. My daughter particularly the cocktail which was fancy pisco sour. Will visit Brix again and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Birthday party favoriteGoGoDined on 10/9/2014Very European. Great food. Waiters know when to leave you alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Night Out!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Last minute reservation at Brix booked on Opentable for 3 friends. Everything was perfect from the moment we arrived. We sat at a beautiful table in the center of the patio under a gorgeous chandelier. Service was prompt and friendly, but not over the top. Food was lovely and the dessert was divine. It has been too long since I've dined at Brix and I will be back much sooner this time!Special Features:
- Great Spot in YaletownJimLockardVIPDined on 9/24/2014My wife and I went to Brix by mistake (never mind), and were amazed at this beautifully laid-out gem. The menu of small plates and entrees is very enticing and fit for foodies. My wife has a few allergies, and the staff was amazingly cooperative - which was possible since everything is made from scratch. We shared four "small plates", which was more than enough food for two. Everything was delicious. The wine list is eclectic, combining BC wines with others from around the world. We had two flights, one of white and one of red BC wines, then a 1/2 liter of Sancerre with our dinner. I have absolutely nothing but raves for Brix.Special Features:
- Charming place to keep returning toFrenchCultureLoverDined on 9/24/2014I really like this Yaletown gem: the European courtyard setting is what mainly keeps drawing me back, followed closely by the delicious food. Typically, I remember the service being fine, although not remarkable; however, on our last visit, the server and the owner made the experience seem very cheap when we requested some changes to their offered menu items. With some humour, we made the best of the service and enjoyed our evening regardless. As for my next return visit, I feel somewhat apprehensive about the mood of the serving staff that I may encounter. Given the favourable ambiance and food quality, I may just give the Brix another chance, but probably not two.Special Features:
- Good, but not greatlovesfoodDined on 9/19/2014My party of 6 enjoyed our time at Brix, but I wouldn't say anything was amazing. Our service was friendly, but there were numerous errors that required extended wait times. Our food was good, but nothing I couldn't create at home. The wine selection was extensive and the setting was beautiful, but overall I was expecting more.Special Features:
- Wonderful date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Really great place to go on a date... very interesting place with great food, service and atmosphere. Overall loved the experience and food, just wish the menu had a few more options. Live music was fantastic... perfect night, all in all.Special Features:
- ROMANTIC AND REAL HOT SPOTKONAMARIEDined on 9/12/2014MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE RECENTLY FOUND "BRIX" AND IT IS A NEIGHBORHOOD GEM INDEED... GREAT SERVICE, LOVELY OWNER PATRICK THAT WELCOMES EVERYONE AND GIVES THEM HIS PERSONAL TOUCH... THE FOOD IS AMAZING AND THE WINE LIST IS IMPRESSIVE...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favouritesMcMiguelDined on 9/11/2014As usual, food ranged from excellent to very good. Service was good as the server was attentive and helpful with suggestions. A definite repeat for us. If you can, get a table in the courtyard for a beautiful and romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid - Horrible Service.irtkidVIPDined on 9/5/2014Food was ok, but perhaps the worst service we've had in months eating out in Vancouver. Went in starving, and 20 minutes after ordering they come back and tell us their point of sale went down and they need to get our order again. Took an hour to get food, took forever to have someone come by our table any time we needed something, and just an all around horrible experience. Mistakes happen, but you can tell how good a restaurant is by how they deal with it, and this place does not have a clue. The steak was ok, but food average at best as well. Should have gone to Chambar.
- May be worth a tryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Interesting menu, charming ambiance, ample wine selection, but our experience was dampened by a waiter who was more interested in the potential gratuity offered by the large party he was also serving ... resulting in lack of attentiveness to preference requests and empty wine glasses.Special Features:
- YaletownmrkpennyDined on 9/2/2014Looked this place up and didn't disappoint, has a great covered courtyard even in cool weather. Service was on point, will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to impress me!MaggieJaneVIPDined on 8/29/2014We go to Brix over and over because the food and service are great and reliable! They have an excellent wine list......added bonus!Special Features:
- Best Meal in VancouverChrisVIPDined on 8/27/2014We had a great meal here with our 2 teenage children. The service was outstanding and every course was delicious. Our waiter gave us great suggestions and was very patient with the kids.Special Features:
- An amazing settingTamaraDined on 8/16/2014Brix was one of the prettiest restaurants I have ever been to. I am from Chicago and eat out all over the world so this is saying a lot. The outdoor setting was magical. Patrick, one of the owners, so kindly moved our table from just inside the entrance to a more central position when a reserved table was cancelled. Good for him! The food was delicious, especially the papadelle pasta dish. I can't wait to go to Vancouver again to go back to Brix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably goodbmarieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Brix is a great go to restaurant in Yaletown. It has a nice ambiance, good service, and the good is tasty. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favourite Vancouver RestaurantVan123VIPDined on 8/15/2014Brix is always a delight. From the minute we walk through the beautiful garden patio and are greeted like old friends, to the delicious desserts at the end of a glorious meal, we feel special. My husband even thinks the coffee tastes better at Brix! We love the food, the environment, the servers - basically everything about Brix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DinnerTeeSquareDined on 8/6/2014We had spectacular food and service for our romantic dinner. We both had items from the specials which were incredibly yummy! The waitress was great about recommending complimentary wines, and arranged for samples of wines we were considering. A must for romance while in Vancouver!Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2014I will make this short...Food was awesome, service was great, and our table setting was ideal. We had a perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Always the best! The food is excellent, the patio beautiful and the service from Kari is the very best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Be My FavoriteNadiaDined on 7/30/2014I can not believe that I have lived in Vancouver for so long and have not been to Brix before. I think this will be one of my favorite places to dine in the city. The food was awesome, service great, wine list fantastic; great choices by the glass as well.Special Features:
- Lovely evening at The BrixOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Six of us enjoyed everything about our evening at The Brix. The ambience, food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!Wedding2015Dined on 7/8/2014We absolutely LOVED our first experience at BRIX and look forward to coming back again and again! We booked our wedding for 2015 just based on the ambience of their website and without even dining first... and we are so happy we did! We were sad to see Il Giardino close it's doors as that was our main DT restaurant to go too... however, we aren't anymore!! LOVE our new found gem - the ambiance is fabulous, the staff is wonderful (genuine & fun but they also leave you to your experience) and the food is remarkable! I would definitely encourage people - those who live here or are just visiting our fine city - to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brix Never disappointsNorth49981Dined on 7/7/2014Ok, so I have only been to this Yaletown gem twice, but it really is one of the best restaurants in downtown Vancouver. They have a great and ever changing menu, and a lengthy wine list. The best part about the wine list is that it is not outrageous from an expense side. We happened to dine on a Monday and they offer a 30% off bottles less than $100. The choices were great. We received fabulous service and of course the food was outstanding. It is a must visit.Special Features:
- What a gem!Fishmonster5Dined on 7/4/2014While visiting Vancouver with our 4-year old son, we looked forward to a nice dinner out. Brix delivered! The food was well prepared, I opted for the cornish game hen and they prepared it special for me as I have a dairy allergy. My husband enjoyed the halibut. Our son enjoyed sharing both dishes with us. Our server was great and so accommodating for our son honoring all his little requests. I wish I would have got his name as he was great. Next time we are in Vancouver we will be back for sure!Special Features:
- A FavouritesoccermamaDined on 7/3/2014We return regularly. We love the food, the service is excellent, and the staff knowledgeable and helpful. Ambience is relaxing and pleasing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 661 reviews are from the Brix Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Terrific placeRestaurantRobDined on 6/23/2014Outstanding food. It has a nice courtyard, which isn't exactly "outdoors" since it's covered, but very nice to sit in. The wait staff were very friendly and helpful especially about the wine list. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Another nice evening at BrixbmarieVIPDined on 6/18/2014I have dined at Brix several times and always had nice experiences. I love the ambiance in the courtyard. The food and service has always been great too. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice freindly service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014very nice ambience, great service, we had the salmon and the rockfish dishes were prepared to per fection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and winefoodloverDined on 6/9/2014We enjoyed a great evening here with a group of friends. We were promptly seated in their beautiful courtyard. The food was excellent. Everything from appetizer, main course to dessert were delicious and beautifully presented. Their wine list was extensive and very reasonably priced. Service was attentive without being overwhelming. There was even live music playing quietly in the background. Everyone in our group had a great experience. Overall, it was a fine dining experience without being pretentious. Will definitely come back and highly recommend it for a great evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousrandjDined on 6/6/2014The food was all wonderful. The hostess seated us at a lovely table with a street view. Would definitely recommend this place, and plan to return.Special Features:
- WonderfulRustyDined on 6/6/2014I Have been to Brix twice n the last month and had gorgeous meals both times. My app was a prawn carpaccio with all sorts of bits around it. Glorious! Next I had the crab cake. Very boring words for a gorgeous course. Thick and mostly crab with fried sides. The wine was lovely - Pinot Gris by glass. I had several. The service was lovely with our waitress actually knowing everything she was talking about! Unfortunately we could not sit in the courtyard but the inside of the restaurant is lovely. They don't take bookings for the courtyard which is a shame. Not cheap but definitely worth going to.Special Features:
- Great neighbourhood gemFrenchCultureLoverDined on 6/5/2014The ambiance is fantastic! I particularly enjoy dining in the courtyard. Not too noisy, even when busy. Delicious food, and visually appealing (good for photographing).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.