1138 Homer Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 2X6Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
Brix Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brixvancouver.com/
- Phone: (604) 915-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chris Bisaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Brix offers buyouts with the following minimum spends: Sunday - Tuesday - $8,000 Wed - Thursday - $10,000 Friday / Saturday - $15,000 All prices are exclusive of tax and 17% gratuity.
- Private Party Contact: David Hannay 6049159463
- Entertainment: Live music Mondays. Guitarist and vocals from 9pm - 1am. All bottles of wine under $100 are 30% off!!!
- Special Events: Brix hosts 50+ weddings each year. Please email Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Opening in April 1999 in a turn-of-the-century heritage building on Homer Street it quickly became known for its innovative food, an extensive, well priced wine list, and its warm and inviting atmosphere amid the high-beamed ceilings and original exposed-brick walls.
A unique glass covered key hole courtyard is one of the city's top restaurant patios and is the only Yaletown outdoor dining space opened past 11pm.
An elegant dinner features a wide range of seafood, game, meat and poultry dishes and close proximity to the theatre district makes the light early dining menu a perfect pairing. Brix is also a favourite for the late-night crowd, too, offering great late-night dining into the wee hours.
Vancouver's top cocktail lounge, George, is only a flight of stairs away down on Hamilton Street.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
- This is our third dinner atOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/2/2009This is our third dinner at Brix. We enjoyed it every bit as much this time. A little on the pricey side, but the food is worth it. We'll go again.Special Features:
- The food and ambience is alwaysPurpleHippo19Dined on 12/31/2008The food and ambience is always great. It's definitely one of our top go-to restaurants.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our New Years EveBrunchVIPDined on 12/31/2008We enjoyed our New Years Eve here. The food was great, albeit pricy ($100 per person), but the service was very competent and friendly. The DJ was a bit unexpected, as we were looking for a quiet and romantic dinner. We would return to try it again.Special Features:
- Never disappoints! Food isOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 12/24/2008Never disappoints! Food is always incredible with great wine to accompany it.Special Features:
- I came back to Brix afterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/16/2008I came back to Brix after visiting during this past year's Dine Out Vancouver. Other places during Dine Out are quite rushed and it doesn't feel like you are there during a "normal" time. But Brix was not like this. The service both times was fantastic, and the food is amazing. It will be my new place to bring out of town guests - it is a great night out.Special Features:
- I like the cute owner cosOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/2/2008I like the cute owner cos he still has the cute English Accent! Eh, he s not bad looking either!Special Features:
- The patio / courtyard at BrixOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2008The patio / courtyard at Brix is a gem of a find. Why bother to sit inside, when outside dining is this comfortable?Special Features:
- My finance and I attendedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2008My finance and I attended Brix restaurant minutes after being engaged, we had already booked a table for dinner post event. We walked into a beautiful intimate covered courtyard (we both commented on the style immediately). Our server was AMAZING, he was friendly and very knowledgeable on everything on the menu. He even picked up the subtle fact that we had just been engaged and made our evening extra special. The food was exceptional, I had the Veal with blueberry sauce and Indian Inspired Duck Risoto (which was the griled special) and my fiance had the Fraser Valley Chicken. Both meals were outstanding and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who asked!Special Features:
- Early business dinner beforeAngieCVIPDined on 11/4/2008Early business dinner before a Canucks game. Staff very friendly, but professional at the same time. Server "Murry" (?young lady) was very alive to our time constraint, as was our busser. Food was great; lamb duo, taster salad, stuffed chicken breast, cod feature dish. Have been before and will definitely go again. Recommend the entrance courtyard (heated) if you have the time to relax and enjoy.Special Features:
- Brix has never let me downOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2008Brix has never let me down - I have always had great service, great food and a great time when dining here. The menu is creative and fresh and a little bit unusual, without being too weird to choose from. My end of the table had the salmon, the steak and the lamb done two ways - all of our plates were empty when removed. We moved out to the courtyard for after-dinner drinks - no need to venture elsewhere. Another fantastic night - thanks Dave & Patrick!Special Features:
- Everything was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/30/2008Everything was excellent. Would definitely go back and recommend for others. The group raved about the mussels.Special Features:
- We chose the "Taste of Yatetown"OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2008We chose the "Taste of Yatetown" set menus. The main courses were not good; the veal was very tough and the pesto served with the salmon was bitter.
- Seating matters. There areOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2008Seating matters. There are tables that are just not that nice due to draft or being on display in the front window. I thought they had a nice wine list and exceptionally decenty by the glass selection which is great if not all of your party is having seafood or redmeat. I thought the taste of Yaletown could have made a better accomodation for the choices in that the seafooders had to have two salads for starter and entree. Though the salmon and the arugula pesto were excellent.
- Most of the foood was excellent.AngieCVIPDined on 10/25/2008Most of the foood was excellent. The Yaletown special was disappointing with the Sate and SalmonSpecial Features:
- Overpriced and not great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2008Overpriced and not great service or food. Nice decoration and location. That's it!Special Features:
- Came here for Taste of YaletownOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/24/2008Came here for Taste of Yaletown 2008. There were quite a few great menu options and all the food that we ordered came out well. The drinks were also excellent and the atmosphere is interesting and different.
- The atmosphere was fun, funky,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2008The atmosphere was fun, funky, relaxed, super fab for dinner and drinks with friends or for a special occasion. The service is awesome (never an empty glass), food is tastey and prices are reasonable. Definitely a place to go back to.Special Features:
- the appetizers and dessertSidwain10Dined on 10/18/2008the appetizers and dessert were really good but the main course was just okay, i had the milk fed veal and it was tough. the service at the beginning was really slow, especially trying to get drinks, it got better after the drinks came. wasn't outstanding but looks like a good place to go later at night and during the summer.Special Features:
- We didn't find the food overallOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2008We didn't find the food overall impressive. And given the intimate setting, it was quite noisy. The service was quite outstanding however.Special Features:
- Brix was wonderful. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2008Brix was wonderful. The service was outstanding. The wine suggestions were right on. I will be returning on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Excellent choice in restaurants.GeoffHDined on 9/13/2008Excellent choice in restaurants. The food was outstanding, everyone in our party of 4 found the food very flavourful and perfectly cooked. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. The atmosphere is exceptional. Great evening.Special Features:
- My wife & I celbrated ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2008My wife & I celbrated our 25th wedding anniversary. Excellent service & the food was great. I would highly recommend for quite night out or fun night with a goup.Special Features:
- always love coming here, oneOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2008always love coming here, one of the best vibes in town. The courtyard reminds me of being in italy and eating in lovely little resturants!Special Features:
- We visited Brix for the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2008We visited Brix for the first time on Friday and couldn't fault the food, service, ambiance or restaurant as a whole really. You can chose main courses or small plates, we ordered 4 small plates, all of which were amazingly well presented and tasted wonderful, we shared a desert which was also outstanding and almost looked to good to eat! The service was professional, friendly and helpful - just right. My boyfriend's a pretty good chef so he's always really critical of anywhere we dine but even he couldn't fault a thing. We dined as a couple but fours and large groups we're catered for well too it seems. It's not a cheap venue but it's worth every penny, we'll certainly be back and will be recommending this place onwards.Special Features:
- I was somewhat disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2008I was somewhat disappointed with my experience at Brix this time compared to my last time there a few years ago. The "small dishes" were most definitely "small" and not nearly as memorable as the last time. Most definitely has become a hip spot for the younger in-crowd who are there to drink and be seen. At least the night I was there. Too bad. I am not sure I would go back.Special Features:
- great spot....will go on ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2008great spot....will go on our list for romantic patio dining...Special Features:
- Food was outstanding, portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2008Food was outstanding, portions were great. Even with a couple of bottles of wine from their expansive wine list it didnt blow the budget. Great service from a very knowledgeable and friendly waiter, provided us with a great dining experince.Special Features:
- Excellent wine list of winesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/5/2008Excellent wine list of wines by the glass to make pairing with foods easy.Special Features:
- I had looked forward to celebratingPAN360Dined on 7/29/2008I had looked forward to celebrating a milestone birthday by going to Brix for the first time and sitting in the courtyard I had seen so many times from the street: it did not disappoint; well at least the restaurant didn't: mother nature was blowing a cool breeze down the long passage leading to the pseudo-outdoor courtyard that made us move inside. Once inside, I was not disappointed at all: the music selection was fantastic: ambient, downtempo and even some Beck—however you classify that— making for a classy but not stuffy feel. The decor was Yaletown chic with a twist. The food was pretty good and the chairs were very comfortable. Overall, it deserves another look someday.Special Features:
- Great location with the hiddenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2008Great location with the hidden patio that can have you outdoors but dry in a Europeon style atmosphere. Food choices were a hit with everyone. Service was friendly and ensured we have a well paced dinner with plenty of time to get to the theatre. Great choice for pre theatre fare.Special Features:
- We went to Brix twice in theSalsaDined on 7/25/2008We went to Brix twice in the past week and both times the food and service were exceptional. An excellent variety on the menu .... both food and wines.Special Features:
- As soon as I walked by itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2008As soon as I walked by it the first time I knew I had to go and check it out. The courtyard is absolutely amazing, no matter if it's sunny, rainy, or cloudy the courtyard is always suitable and romantic. The atmosphere is just outstanding and not to mention the food as well. Overall it was a great experience I would definitely recommend. Very good for couples dining.Special Features:
- Staff were excellent. DishesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2008Staff were excellent. Dishes all had unique qualities. Looking forward to going back to try some of the Late-Night dishes that looked so good on the menu but we were there too early to order.Special Features:
- The ambiance on the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2008The ambiance on the patio was great and perfect for a catch-up dinner w friends. However, the bottle of white wine we ordered was served warm, not chilled and the meal we ordered (risotto) was underdone. Having said that, the restaurant was really good about not charging for the entrees after we complained.Special Features:
- Special thank you for honouringOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/4/2008Special thank you for honouring our reservation. Concert went 1 hour late and we were prepared to kiss the table good-bye, but on arrival it was waiting for us. Food was good, plenty of variety for a late-night bite. Service was professional and pleasant. Small note: I wish I enjoyed the ahi salad visavis the canneloni pasta. It looked amazing! (My dish was somewhat mushy but tasty. Not a complaint, more an observation.) Will definitely return but for a real dinner as the ambiance and location make is a find, indeed. Cheers.Special Features:
- As always Brix is a greatAndreaDined on 7/3/2008As always Brix is a great place to have dinner and George makes the best cocktails in town. We will be back again and again.Special Features:
- I was disappointed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2008I was disappointed with the steak I ordered. I asked for it to be medium rare and it was more like well done. We didn't have time to wait for another so I ate it as is. I would find it hard to go back there because of this.Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2008This was our first time at Brix and will return for sure. Food was excellent, service great and the patio makes you feel like you are in a different country somewhere...Special Features:
- We had a vegan in our group.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2008We had a vegan in our group. The staff was very accommodating in preparing dishes to suit her preference. Thanks.Special Features:
- We celebrated our 33rd weddingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/7/2008We celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary on Sat. night. We chose Brix, because every time we have been, we've had a wonderful time. Our evening at Brix was once again, a most enjoyable experience. The food, service, and our table in the courtyard ... fabulous! Thank-you, Brix, for a perfect night!Special Features: