1138 Homer Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 2X6Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
Brix Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brixvancouver.com/
- Phone: 6049159463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chris Bisaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Brix offers buyouts with the following minimum spends: Sunday - Tuesday - $8,000 Wed - Thursday - $10,000 Friday / Saturday - $15,000 All prices are exclusive of tax and 17% gratuity.
- Private Party Contact: David Hannay 6049159463
- Entertainment: Live music Mondays. Guitarist and vocals from 9pm - 1am. All bottles of wine under $100 are 30% off!!!
- Special Events: Brix hosts 50+ weddings each year. Please email Jennifer at email@example.com for more information.
Opening in April 1999 in a turn-of-the-century heritage building on Homer Street it quickly became known for its innovative food, an extensive, well priced wine list, and its warm and inviting atmosphere amid the high-beamed ceilings and original exposed-brick walls.
A unique glass covered key hole courtyard is one of the city's top restaurant patios and is the only Yaletown outdoor dining space opened past 11pm.
An elegant dinner features a wide range of seafood, game, meat and poultry dishes and close proximity to the theatre district makes the light early dining menu a perfect pairing. Brix is also a favourite for the late-night crowd, too, offering great late-night dining into the wee hours.
Vancouver's top cocktail lounge, George, is only a flight of stairs away down on Hamilton Street.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
- An amazing settingTamaraDined on 8/16/2014Brix was one of the prettiest restaurants I have ever been to. I am from Chicago and eat out all over the world so this is saying a lot. The outdoor setting was magical. Patrick, one of the owners, so kindly moved our table from just inside the entrance to a more central position when a reserved table was cancelled. Good for him! The food was delicious, especially the papadelle pasta dish. I can't wait to go to Vancouver again to go back to Brix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably goodbmarieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Brix is a great go to restaurant in Yaletown. It has a nice ambiance, good service, and the good is tasty. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Always the best! The food is excellent, the patio beautiful and the service from Kari is the very best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Be My FavoriteNadiaDined on 7/30/2014I can not believe that I have lived in Vancouver for so long and have not been to Brix before. I think this will be one of my favorite places to dine in the city. The food was awesome, service great, wine list fantastic; great choices by the glass as well.Special Features:
- Lovely evening at The BrixOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Six of us enjoyed everything about our evening at The Brix. The ambience, food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!Wedding2015Dined on 7/8/2014We absolutely LOVED our first experience at BRIX and look forward to coming back again and again! We booked our wedding for 2015 just based on the ambience of their website and without even dining first... and we are so happy we did! We were sad to see Il Giardino close it's doors as that was our main DT restaurant to go too... however, we aren't anymore!! LOVE our new found gem - the ambiance is fabulous, the staff is wonderful (genuine & fun but they also leave you to your experience) and the food is remarkable! I would definitely encourage people - those who live here or are just visiting our fine city - to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brix Never disappointsNorth49981Dined on 7/7/2014Ok, so I have only been to this Yaletown gem twice, but it really is one of the best restaurants in downtown Vancouver. They have a great and ever changing menu, and a lengthy wine list. The best part about the wine list is that it is not outrageous from an expense side. We happened to dine on a Monday and they offer a 30% off bottles less than $100. The choices were great. We received fabulous service and of course the food was outstanding. It is a must visit.Special Features:
- What a gem!Fishmonster5Dined on 7/4/2014While visiting Vancouver with our 4-year old son, we looked forward to a nice dinner out. Brix delivered! The food was well prepared, I opted for the cornish game hen and they prepared it special for me as I have a dairy allergy. My husband enjoyed the halibut. Our son enjoyed sharing both dishes with us. Our server was great and so accommodating for our son honoring all his little requests. I wish I would have got his name as he was great. Next time we are in Vancouver we will be back for sure!Special Features:
- A FavouritesoccermamaDined on 7/3/2014We return regularly. We love the food, the service is excellent, and the staff knowledgeable and helpful. Ambience is relaxing and pleasing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific placeRestaurantRobDined on 6/23/2014Outstanding food. It has a nice courtyard, which isn't exactly "outdoors" since it's covered, but very nice to sit in. The wait staff were very friendly and helpful especially about the wine list. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Another nice evening at BrixbmarieVIPDined on 6/18/2014I have dined at Brix several times and always had nice experiences. I love the ambiance in the courtyard. The food and service has always been great too. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice freindly service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014very nice ambience, great service, we had the salmon and the rockfish dishes were prepared to per fection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and winefoodloverDined on 6/9/2014We enjoyed a great evening here with a group of friends. We were promptly seated in their beautiful courtyard. The food was excellent. Everything from appetizer, main course to dessert were delicious and beautifully presented. Their wine list was extensive and very reasonably priced. Service was attentive without being overwhelming. There was even live music playing quietly in the background. Everyone in our group had a great experience. Overall, it was a fine dining experience without being pretentious. Will definitely come back and highly recommend it for a great evening out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousrandjDined on 6/6/2014The food was all wonderful. The hostess seated us at a lovely table with a street view. Would definitely recommend this place, and plan to return.Special Features:
- WonderfulRustyDined on 6/6/2014I Have been to Brix twice n the last month and had gorgeous meals both times. My app was a prawn carpaccio with all sorts of bits around it. Glorious! Next I had the crab cake. Very boring words for a gorgeous course. Thick and mostly crab with fried sides. The wine was lovely - Pinot Gris by glass. I had several. The service was lovely with our waitress actually knowing everything she was talking about! Unfortunately we could not sit in the courtyard but the inside of the restaurant is lovely. They don't take bookings for the courtyard which is a shame. Not cheap but definitely worth going to.Special Features:
- Great neighbourhood gemFrenchCultureLoverDined on 6/5/2014The ambiance is fantastic! I particularly enjoy dining in the courtyard. Not too noisy, even when busy. Delicious food, and visually appealing (good for photographing).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizerhopedforbetterDined on 6/3/2014Terrific seared scallops appetizer. Main dish of sockeye salmon was overcooked. The game hen was ok, but not up to the standard expected by the scallops. Service was pleasant and good. Nice wine list. We did have a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- wonderful food and ambiencetenzinkVIPDined on 5/30/2014Like a European vacation in the middle of yaletown, this little gem is perfect for celebrating a special occasion or romantic night out.Special Features:
- 5 star experience not to be missed!frequentdinerDined on 5/23/2014From stepping through the New Orleans like entrance to the last sip of coffee Brix is a singular delight. All the staff that attended us were personable and helpful without being intrusive. The food was superb both in flavor and presentation. When I made the reservation I noted we were celebrating an anniversary and when we arrived we were shown to one of the two extra large premium tables in the front windows. . My mouth was doing a happy dance from start to finish! Thank you for making this anniversary a very memorable one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First sittingR2D2Dined on 5/20/2014On your way to the theatre or an early show downtown and want a delicious full course meal at a reasonable price..? Brix is the place to go ! The food was fabulous, the service was very attentive and we were wined and dined in time to sit back and enjoy Hugh Laurie and the Copperbottom Band at the Orpheum. The meal was an auspicious start to a wonderful evening and we would go back to Brix in a heartbeat! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/17/2014Sat at bar ...was good. Bad tender attentive and took our food orderSpecial Features:
- exceeds expectationsrdl1984Dined on 5/17/2014My fiancé and I recently had dinner at Brix before a show. The service was great and they made sure we were out in time to catch our show. The food was all that I had hoped it would be. We had the duck and the salmon both were notably fresh and flavourful. I rarely write reviews but feel obligated as the experience was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely romantic spotdixiedineDined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed the prix fixe dinner- a wonderful value at $29 with 3 courses up until 6:30--my salmon was especially good as was the kale salad. Our service was good but we were distracted by a number of wait staff who hurried back and forth repeatedly. Yes, they were busy but a restaurant that has created a lovely ambience with fine wines,candles and good food should be aware that a rushing staff around you takes away from the experience of fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindFoodieBritDined on 5/16/2014I have no hesitation in recommending Brix as a great place for a special meal.The Food is prepared with passion and skill and the wine list is a cornucopia of wines both Canada and from Old and New Worlds. The service is attentive and personal but still subtle, and the overall experience was great. The courtyard is good if you want to feel like outdoor dining and the main room is also good for a more romantic vibe. If we lived in Vancouver we would be regular diners at Brix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare findYaletownFoodieDined on 5/12/2014Great Yaletown restaurant. Maybe we just caught them on a great night but everything from service to food to ambience was 5 stars. No corporate feel, no pretenscious snobbery, just great food and atmosphere at a surprising price. The owners personally came by to check on us and made us feel like family. Thanks again for the live music, exceptional wine list and cool atrium experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Vancouver Gem!Gotz2dineatBrixDined on 5/6/2014We had a great dinner at Brix from start to finish! The service, food & atmosphere are top notch! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but noisySamyVIPDined on 5/3/2014A restaurant of this caliber should not accept large groups(12-14 people) since they are often loud and break up the ambiance of this wonderful restaurant. Check before you go to see if they have accepted large groups for dinner that night
- Atrium delightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2014We went for dinner before a concert. We were seated in the atrium which made us feel like we were dining somewhere in Europe. Very cool! Food was excellent as was the service. Would highly recommend...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and great for GFLuckyfindDined on 5/2/2014Delicious food and well recommended wine. We were seated at a quiet table. The service was slow but we were not in a hurry so it was to a problem. There were plenty of GF selections which was a bonus as my companion was celiac. Great neighbourhood too!Special Features:
- enjoyable eveningbettyDined on 5/2/2014great food and great service to start and then the service fell away. It took a long time to get the bill and and even longer time to pay it. otherwise our waiter was great - friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experience!GinnyKDined on 5/1/2014I love the covered courtyard! Food presentation and taste was great. It's definitely a restaurant that I will re-visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/29/2014Never disappointing . Service was excellent as always .waiter was very attentive and charming .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JohnHDined on 4/25/2014Our party of 7 had a great evening. Superb food, lovely ambiance in the courtyard and great service. Our selections covered most of the menu (which is not large) and each was a winner. We would all highly recommend and are looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We weren't dissapointedHappyDinerDined on 4/25/2014We really enjoyed our special occasion with friends at Brix and plan to go again very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 636 reviews are from the Brix Restaurant & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- A Real TreatpajustDined on 4/11/2014My wife and I had supper at Brix for the first time last Saturday and it was a delight. The food was beyond delicious. I had the Cornish Game Hen and I relished every bite. It was a very generously-sized bird and cooked to perfection with lima beans, kale, and potatoes as a truly unique base and the sauce was neither overpowering nor overwhelming. My wife had the sablefish gnocchi. Separately they would have been spectacular, but together they made for a dish that was soft, warm, and velvety. She loved every bite. And I loved every bite she shared. We had decided against dessert because the food was so incredible, but our most excellent server furnished us with panna cotta on the house. It was so warmly appreciated and completely kind.Special Features:
- Great Food, Small PortionsVonWoogleDined on 4/11/2014This restaurant looks inviting. The room and the covered courtyard have a warm, welcoming feel to them. Definitely comfortable. The service was professional: knowledgeable, never overbearing but there when you needed it. The food looked and tasted excellent. BUT portions were too small to satisfy even smaller diners with smaller appetites, particularly when you factor in the prices charged for those portions. You must order an appetizer and dessert and eat a lot of bread (all of which were very good) in order to walk away full. It makes for an expensive evening, but one with good food in pleasant surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and romanticVancouveriteDined on 4/5/2014I always forget how romantic this space is and the ambiance did not disappoint. Our friends who were new to the place were pleasantly surprised. The service was warm, attentive and professional. Drawbacks were that the flavours were not necessarily up to the rest of the restaurant quality. My smoked cod gnocchi was delicious but my husband was disappointed in his risotto. Although rice was perfectly cooked, he found the squash risotto cloyingly sweet. The desserts were also bit underwhelming. We have not yet given up on this Vancouver classic and will return with perhaps some different choices from the menu.Special Features:
- I love the atmosphere - thedenoDined on 4/5/2014I love the atmosphere - the feeling of being outdoors. The service was well timed. I had the halibut and it was done perfectly. My husband very much enjoyed his Cornish game hen. The bread was scrumptious and I could easily have filled on that alone. We shared the beet salad, as we usually do, and it was no problem for them to put it on 2 separate plates. The salad was not exactly what we expected, but it was a very pleasant surprise and it showed that thought and effort went into making it a unique dish to Brix. We had the peanut butter cheesecake, which tasted too salty and we debated whether it was supposed to taste like this or whether somebody had accidentally substituted salt for sugar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been wanting to comeRistoDined on 4/4/2014I have been wanting to come to this restaurant for ages; was not disappointed and it was a nice as I had anticipated. We went to celebrate our 5th wed anniversary and the staff couldn't have been nicer. The food was outstanding! We will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Excellent diningvsbyVIPDined on 4/4/2014We took an oversea guest to this restaurant for westcoast food. We were bit unsure since neither of us had been there before. / Well, the place lived up to its reputation - great food, beautiful restaurant, good service. This may be one of the best places in town for true northwest cuisine. Definitely will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.