Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar
413 N. San Francisco St.
Flagstaff, AZ 86001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brixflagstaff.com/
- Phone: (928) 213-1021
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for private events such as weddings, corporate events and holiday parties. Portions of the restaurant, ie: patio, are also available in the summer months.
A word from Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar
Brix Restaurant & Wine Bar is a casual, fine dining restaurant & wine bar serving seasonal, farm focused, contemporary American cuisine. Located in the historic Carriage House 2 blocks north of historic downtown flagstaff, Brix was named one of the Top 95 New Restaurants in the World by Conde Nast Traveler Magazine, May 2007, as well one of the 25 Best Restaurants in Arizona by Arizona Highways magazine, April 2008. Brix has an extensive wine list, full bar, the finest patio dining in Flagstaff (May - October) and on-site parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Flagstaff ›
Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (67)neighborhood gem (54)special occasion (52)notable wine list (52)romantic (48)great for outdoor dining (36)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (9)good for groups (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Review of Brix RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Very disappointed in the food especially paying high prices. For $35 the steak should have been awesome but it was only OK. Had the duck which was also very expensive and it was tough and very hard to cut. For prices of $30+ for a dinner, the food should have been better. Very average experience and will not return. There was nothing special about this restaurant. So many more restaurants with prices like this that have exceptional food. Our waitress was excellent; very enthusiastic about the menu offerings and food. Unfortunately it did not match the experience.Special Features:
- GREATAussieBobDined on 11/18/2014The restaurant lived up to all expectations. Fabulous food, great service and friendly staff. They accommodated our every requestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014We dined at Brix for the first time the other night and had a great dining experience! We loved the ambiance and the food was to die for. I would highly recommend this restaurant to others in the area. Overall awesome experience at Brix!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningTravelfoodyVIPDined on 11/8/2014Perfect dining experience intimate but not dark, fabulous food creative and fresh. Look forward to visiting again when in Flagstaff .Special Features:
- Good food but stinted serviceFlagFoodieDined on 11/8/2014I usually love Brix but I was very disappointed in my most recent experience. Our waiter was rude, passive aggressive & pushy from the onset even though we had reservations & it wasn't crowded. At the end of our meal he made a strange comment about seeing 2 people in love and that in the future if we planned to take 3 hours for dinner we should let the hostess bc they like to turn tables after 1.5 hrs. It was awkward & inappropriate; he could have handled the situation with more diplomacy if Brix does limit guests' time. Our bill was $180 for 2 people so we were not wasting time over water. I thought Brix promoted an atmosphere of enjoyment centered on good food & good wine, not turning tables. I don't feel that way any longer.Special Features:
- Always wonderful!!!OakCreekMomDined on 10/31/2014We always love Brix and came for a birthday dinner. The food and the service were excellent. Didn't give it a 5 star this time because I didn't love the caesar salad. I had the fried oyster appetizer for my meal and it was really perfect. Everyone else got the New York and they all enjoyed it very much. Always love the beet salad. Should have stuck with that. Start to finish was really wonderful!!!Special Features:
- Great end to a long driveAnneVIPDined on 10/29/2014We arrived a bit late for our 9pm reservation but were still greeted warmly by the waitstaff, who took care of us exceedingly well. Great southwestern hospitality, excellent food, and yummy wine. Also an interesting venue featuring a local artist whom the barstaff provided us more information on when we inquired. Overall, a great evening at the end of a long drive from Santa Fe.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood gem in FlagstaffeesmaiDined on 10/28/2014Went here on a Trip Advisor recommendation and it lived up to expectations. It has a relaxed, cosy atmosphere but is obviously serious about food and the service was incredibly enthusiastic, even by American standards. A welcome change from the standard diners and restaurants that we had experienced on our holiday to date. The first course of roasted carrots and beetroot was disappointing - the sweetness did not come through at all. However, the mains and puddings were excellent. My teenage sons were very happy with their steaks, and I had the fish special of the day, which was superb. An excellent neighbourhood restaurant and I would thoroughly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceTSRA2001VIPDined on 10/26/2014What a gem-- the moment we walked in, we felt comfortable with the friendly greeting and cozy/upscale decor. David, our waiter, was amazingly attentive despite being very busy on this Sunday night. He kept our water glasses filled, and even took time to tell me how he makes a particular cocktail I loved- a strawberry basil limonata, with Vodka, simple syrup, St. Germaine, soda, and muddled strawberries/basil. First we shared 3 small plates-- a duck cassoulet, roasted cauliflower with raisins, and roasted brussels sprouts-- all excellent. Then we shared mushroom raviolis that were the tenderest ever-- although a small portion, it was totally worth it. Wine list is interesting and reasonable. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- A Nice RestaurantiluvfoodDined on 10/26/2014I was in town for a show and wanted to eat before going. I saw that Brix had a charcuterie board and small plates and had good reviews. I made reservations through OpenTable, but somehow my reservation did not take. However, they sat me at the bar immediately. The bartender took me under his wing and explained the excellent wine list, menu and specials after setting me a place at the bar. I had the charcuterie plate and cornbread fried oysters matched with a sauvignon blanc from my hometown - Sutcliffe. The place was packed but service was excellent and the food arrived quickly. I really enjoyed the attention of the staff and the bartender. My meal was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatBillVIPDined on 10/25/2014Brix was a modest disappointment. The restaurant is difficulty to locate because of its off-the-street location; more like an alley than a street front. The pumpkin soup was excellent as was the mushroom ravioli. However the cavatelli was so spicy as to overwhelm the other flavors; a most disappointing dish. The falafel provided as a side dish was also disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab from start to finishMaryfVIPDined on 10/21/2014Britt made our dinner at the bar a highly enjoyable experience. From salad and lamb cavatelli to start, followed by duck cassoulet and roast chicken, then a trio of semifreddo, everything was delicious.Special Features:
- gembigsalDined on 10/21/2014we had a pleasant dining experience in a very quaint surrounding great service servers where very knowledgable and accommodating. Good was awesome nice portions and good selections to meet anyones likingSpecial Features:
- I want to give them 5 stars, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Just went a few days ago with family and had a great time. A, nice quiet place with great ambiance (A darkened room with wood floors and some soft music; my favorite type of restaurant.) The service was great and friendly and the food excellent. The only issue we found was that the food took too long to leave the kitchen! The soup and steaks were cool by the time they arrived at the table, and with line of sight to the kitchen, I could see the steaks being handed out well before they were delivered. This was of course frustrating as it seemed like an easy thing thing fix, but the food was still very good.Special Features:
- One of the best dining experiencessmittyDined on 10/18/2014I search Tripadvisor for reviews and places to dine and stay if we're not familiar with the area. I seen this was highly recommend. This was a mystery date for my wife who is very picky on the places she dines. Needless to say it was one if not the best place we have ever eaten. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A charmerChetDined on 10/17/2014Had a chance to visit Brix the other night for the first time, and it won't be my last. My lady and I sat at the bar for dinner and were served by Esteban, who was as witty and engaging as he was helpful in fielding our many questions about the menu and wine options. The mushroom ravioli and pork belly were both fantastic. Loved it all, and will be back.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointedFlag1stvisitorDined on 10/17/2014Because this was the first night of a new seasonal menu, the service was relatively slow through no fault of our waiter. The duck and spinach I had was very tough, yes even the spinach. I did borrow some of my date's pork dish, which was fairly good. The wine we ordered, with the assistance of our server, was great. This was our first visit to Brix and we were disappointed.Special Features:
- Mixed experienceKhyugpaDined on 10/17/2014Regrettably, this was a mixed experience. Fabulous "Fall/Autumn Risotto"....wonderful salads. Dried out ox-tail tart, with a heavy doughy crust. Carmelized cauliflower tasted good, but it wasn't carmelized. More like braised.... Service was great, and the ambiance remains very enjoyable. We were there the first night of the new fall menu, maybe that is the reason the food was not up to the normal standard. Disappointing as usually Brix does a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in townFastaudirs6VIPDined on 10/12/2014If you're looking for the best restaurant in town, look no further. This is it.Special Features:
- Love BrixCher076Dined on 10/11/2014Brix is one of my favorite Flagstaff restaurants! The food is always great and the wait staff friendly and helpful. I recommend it whenever I get a chance! After my past visit, I received a call from the manager because he thought he overheard a conversation on our way out that indicated that we were unhappy with our dinner (we were not). I was VERY impressed that he would take the time to call and see if he could rectify the situation! Will happily return the next time I am in town!Special Features:
- Fabulous Brix!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Finally got into Brix Restaurant in Flagstaff! From our appetizers, to our delicious entrees, to our decadent desserts, this restaurant was incredible. Our server, Michael, was knowledgeable about all the menu items, and steered us in the right direction for all our choices. We took our teenaged boys with us, and they enjoyed their steak frites meal. We all tried a different dessert and shared them. Our cocktails, charcuterie tray, and bread with the Hawaiian salt, were delicious! We enjoyed the evening, ambiance, staff, and location. We will go back every time we are in town! We LOVED it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Very cute neighborhood restaurant. Love supporting local establishments. Service was excellent. Our appetizer was excellent assortment of fabulous cheeses. Our steaks lacked flavor. Cauliflower choice just ok. Loved menu; however, many items on menu unavailable and we had early reservation? Sadly think we will be choosing different restaurant when visiting Flagstaff next time.Special Features:
- Had a great birthday dinner!CoupleDDDined on 10/2/2014My husband and son took me for my birthday last week. The food was amazing, service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionFromSurpriseDined on 9/30/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th Anniversary at Brix and it was a wonderful experience. They made the evening very special. The service was great, the food was wonderful and portions were just right. We had been to the wine bar before, but Brix will be the place we go for special occassions when we are in Flagstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/26/2014The staff and Chef provided a nice evening under the stars in Flagstaff. The Food is creative and flavorful. The staff is attentive and pleasant.Special Features:
- special occasion dinnerKatinkaDined on 9/25/2014We're repeat diners at Brix which is a top 3 fine dining place in Flagstaff. Knowledgeable and attentive staff enhance the experience. We enjoy leisurely small plate dishes which usually for about 2 hours which staff accommadates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost the bestacerbusvoxDined on 9/19/2014The reservation went without a problem. They were waiting for us and immediately directed us to our seat. The waitress was friendly and on it. I ordered the salmon and it was delicious. Nothing else to say about it. She ordered the steak frites. The steak was not great. Very stringy and hard to chew. The dessert, which I got was flourless chocolate cake was juicy and sweet. Almost devoured it. Overall it was great but if the steak was good then it would have been amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xyz1Dined on 9/17/2014Food is excellent, service relaxed and unpretentious. I'd give the food four and a half stars if there were the option.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoriteluvflagDined on 9/14/2014We always enjoy a special experience at Brix. We go often and appreciate the seasonal change in menu with items sourced from Arizona. This shows their fresh interest in preparing a special dish each time. The chef does a beautiful job of preparing to our request and presenting the dishes with interesting tastes that compliment the dish. We brought friends from Portland (high standards for salmon) and said Brix salmon was wonderful. The staff is warm and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- TeacozyScottsdaleVIPDined on 9/13/2014Always good. Great wine and service. Nice cheese and charcuterieSpecial Features:
- lillVIPDined on 9/13/2014This has been a favorite, but was not up to the usual standards. Mediocre service and my food was not hot.Special Features:
- Diamond in the roughjjbvDined on 9/11/2014Brix is amazing, it's slightly off the beaten track, but everything was perfect, as soon as we arrived we felt welcomed and made to feel at home, the service was awesome and professional, the food and wine was outstanding, we would highly recommend to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Our server, Kylie, was just so helpful and generally awesome!! We were there for 2 special occasions, and she and the bartender (?) were very accommodating of our kids and a very special birthday celebration/anniversary. It was a big deal for us to go out like that-we never do that, for lots of reasons, but it was really worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent kitchenlive2eatVIPDined on 9/9/2014This was our last dinner on a 35 day road trip and finished off our food memories in great style. The menu was creative. They offer small plates which is a major plus for smaller appetites. The wine list is eclectic and interesting. The food was delicious. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PinotPaulVIPDined on 9/4/2014Wonderful, creative food prepared by people who obviously care about both the quality and the presentation. Absolute gem. Amazing wine list to boot. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In Flagstaff?travel2dineVIPDined on 8/31/2014Great food and wine at reasonable prices, we loved it! The setting is rather funky but one loses sight of the old building after viewing the art hung on the walls and the thoughtful décor. The service is attentive and skilled. Each of us had a different meal and we all agreed on the excellence of the ingredients and preparation.Special Features:
- Very nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Overall the food was good, at least one of the entree's was not exceptional, and the side of gnocchi seemed old and was not even warm when presented. BUT, the overall experience was very nice, we will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyable!MaryB364Dined on 8/26/2014Booked our reservation through OpenTable and were seated promptly upon our arrival. The first table we were offered was actually switched for us without any problem to one with less traffic. Our waiter was attentive and friendly, and the food was first rate. The ambiance is cozy, and conducive to food and wine appreciation as well as conversation. Staff was very responsive to all our requests, and they were knowledgeable about the local cuisine and wine pairings. We were very happy with our decision to try Brix, and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014rib eye steak was too tough to eat. waiter was condescending by saying that it was because the beef was grass fed instead of grain fed. whatever it was too tough to eat. we took guests and were embarrassed by their steak. Other food was good
- Excellent Anniversary ChoicesechristheavnerDined on 8/22/2014It was our 3 year anniversary and a Friday night to boot. We were quickly shown to our table (thank you OpenTable) and greeted by Sarah. She went over the seasonal selections and answered our questions from the menu like a seasoned pro. Very knowledgeable on the foods' preparation and the local farms it came from. The food was exceptional. Cooked to order and plated with modern style. I highly recommend dining here if you find yourself in need of a nice dinner in Flagstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.