Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar
413 N. San Francisco St.
Flagstaff, AZ 86001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brixflagstaff.com/
- Phone: 9282131021
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for private events such as weddings, corporate events and holiday parties. Portions of the restaurant, ie: patio, are also available in the summer months.
A word from Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar
Brix Restaurant & Wine Bar is a casual, fine dining restaurant & wine bar serving seasonal, farm focused, contemporary American cuisine. Located in the historic Carriage House 2 blocks north of historic downtown flagstaff, Brix was named one of the Top 95 New Restaurants in the World by Conde Nast Traveler Magazine, May 2007, as well one of the 25 Best Restaurants in Arizona by Arizona Highways magazine, April 2008. Brix has an extensive wine list, full bar, the finest patio dining in Flagstaff (May - October) and on-site parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Flagstaff ›
Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)special occasion (50)neighborhood gem (47)great for outdoor dining (46)romantic (46)notable wine list (43)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- I want to give them 5 stars, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Just went a few days ago with family and had a great time. A, nice quiet place with great ambiance (A darkened room with wood floors and some soft music; my favorite type of restaurant.) The service was great and friendly and the food excellent. The only issue we found was that the food took too long to leave the kitchen! The soup and steaks were cool by the time they arrived at the table, and with line of sight to the kitchen, I could see the steaks being handed out well before they were delivered. This was of course frustrating as it seemed like an easy thing thing fix, but the food was still very good.Special Features:
- One of the best dining experiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014I search Tripadvisor for reviews and places to dine and stay if we're not familiar with the area. I seen this was highly recommend. This was a mystery date for my wife who is very picky on the places she dines. Needless to say it was one if not the best place we have ever eaten. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A charmerChetDined on 10/17/2014Had a chance to visit Brix the other night for the first time, and it won't be my last. My lady and I sat at the bar for dinner and were served by Esteban, who was as witty and engaging as he was helpful in fielding our many questions about the menu and wine options. The mushroom ravioli and pork belly were both fantastic. Loved it all, and will be back.Special Features:
- Mixed experienceKhyugpaDined on 10/17/2014Regrettably, this was a mixed experience. Fabulous "Fall/Autumn Risotto"....wonderful salads. Dried out ox-tail tart, with a heavy doughy crust. Carmelized cauliflower tasted good, but it wasn't carmelized. More like braised.... Service was great, and the ambiance remains very enjoyable. We were there the first night of the new fall menu, maybe that is the reason the food was not up to the normal standard. Disappointing as usually Brix does a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love BrixCher076Dined on 10/11/2014Brix is one of my favorite Flagstaff restaurants! The food is always great and the wait staff friendly and helpful. I recommend it whenever I get a chance! After my past visit, I received a call from the manager because he thought he overheard a conversation on our way out that indicated that we were unhappy with our dinner (we were not). I was VERY impressed that he would take the time to call and see if he could rectify the situation! Will happily return the next time I am in town!Special Features:
- Fabulous Brix!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Finally got into Brix Restaurant in Flagstaff! From our appetizers, to our delicious entrees, to our decadent desserts, this restaurant was incredible. Our server, Michael, was knowledgeable about all the menu items, and steered us in the right direction for all our choices. We took our teenaged boys with us, and they enjoyed their steak frites meal. We all tried a different dessert and shared them. Our cocktails, charcuterie tray, and bread with the Hawaiian salt, were delicious! We enjoyed the evening, ambiance, staff, and location. We will go back every time we are in town! We LOVED it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Very cute neighborhood restaurant. Love supporting local establishments. Service was excellent. Our appetizer was excellent assortment of fabulous cheeses. Our steaks lacked flavor. Cauliflower choice just ok. Loved menu; however, many items on menu unavailable and we had early reservation? Sadly think we will be choosing different restaurant when visiting Flagstaff next time.Special Features:
- Had a great birthday dinner!CoupleDDDined on 10/2/2014My husband and son took me for my birthday last week. The food was amazing, service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionFromSurpriseDined on 9/30/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th Anniversary at Brix and it was a wonderful experience. They made the evening very special. The service was great, the food was wonderful and portions were just right. We had been to the wine bar before, but Brix will be the place we go for special occassions when we are in Flagstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/26/2014The staff and Chef provided a nice evening under the stars in Flagstaff. The Food is creative and flavorful. The staff is attentive and pleasant.Special Features:
- special occasion dinnerKatinkaDined on 9/25/2014We're repeat diners at Brix which is a top 3 fine dining place in Flagstaff. Knowledgeable and attentive staff enhance the experience. We enjoy leisurely small plate dishes which usually for about 2 hours which staff accommadates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost the bestacerbusvoxDined on 9/19/2014The reservation went without a problem. They were waiting for us and immediately directed us to our seat. The waitress was friendly and on it. I ordered the salmon and it was delicious. Nothing else to say about it. She ordered the steak frites. The steak was not great. Very stringy and hard to chew. The dessert, which I got was flourless chocolate cake was juicy and sweet. Almost devoured it. Overall it was great but if the steak was good then it would have been amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- xyz1Dined on 9/17/2014Food is excellent, service relaxed and unpretentious. I'd give the food four and a half stars if there were the option.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoriteluvflagDined on 9/14/2014We always enjoy a special experience at Brix. We go often and appreciate the seasonal change in menu with items sourced from Arizona. This shows their fresh interest in preparing a special dish each time. The chef does a beautiful job of preparing to our request and presenting the dishes with interesting tastes that compliment the dish. We brought friends from Portland (high standards for salmon) and said Brix salmon was wonderful. The staff is warm and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- TeacozyScottsdaleVIPDined on 9/13/2014Always good. Great wine and service. Nice cheese and charcuterieSpecial Features:
- lillVIPDined on 9/13/2014This has been a favorite, but was not up to the usual standards. Mediocre service and my food was not hot.Special Features:
- Diamond in the roughjjbvDined on 9/11/2014Brix is amazing, it's slightly off the beaten track, but everything was perfect, as soon as we arrived we felt welcomed and made to feel at home, the service was awesome and professional, the food and wine was outstanding, we would highly recommend to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Our server, Kylie, was just so helpful and generally awesome!! We were there for 2 special occasions, and she and the bartender (?) were very accommodating of our kids and a very special birthday celebration/anniversary. It was a big deal for us to go out like that-we never do that, for lots of reasons, but it was really worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent kitchenlive2eatVIPDined on 9/9/2014This was our last dinner on a 35 day road trip and finished off our food memories in great style. The menu was creative. They offer small plates which is a major plus for smaller appetites. The wine list is eclectic and interesting. The food was delicious. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PinotPaulVIPDined on 9/4/2014Wonderful, creative food prepared by people who obviously care about both the quality and the presentation. Absolute gem. Amazing wine list to boot. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In Flagstaff?travel2dineVIPDined on 8/31/2014Great food and wine at reasonable prices, we loved it! The setting is rather funky but one loses sight of the old building after viewing the art hung on the walls and the thoughtful décor. The service is attentive and skilled. Each of us had a different meal and we all agreed on the excellence of the ingredients and preparation.Special Features:
- Very nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Overall the food was good, at least one of the entree's was not exceptional, and the side of gnocchi seemed old and was not even warm when presented. BUT, the overall experience was very nice, we will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyable!MaryB364Dined on 8/26/2014Booked our reservation through OpenTable and were seated promptly upon our arrival. The first table we were offered was actually switched for us without any problem to one with less traffic. Our waiter was attentive and friendly, and the food was first rate. The ambiance is cozy, and conducive to food and wine appreciation as well as conversation. Staff was very responsive to all our requests, and they were knowledgeable about the local cuisine and wine pairings. We were very happy with our decision to try Brix, and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014rib eye steak was too tough to eat. waiter was condescending by saying that it was because the beef was grass fed instead of grain fed. whatever it was too tough to eat. we took guests and were embarrassed by their steak. Other food was good
- Excellent Anniversary ChoicesechristheavnerDined on 8/22/2014It was our 3 year anniversary and a Friday night to boot. We were quickly shown to our table (thank you OpenTable) and greeted by Sarah. She went over the seasonal selections and answered our questions from the menu like a seasoned pro. Very knowledgeable on the foods' preparation and the local farms it came from. The food was exceptional. Cooked to order and plated with modern style. I highly recommend dining here if you find yourself in need of a nice dinner in Flagstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melts in your mouthFoodie101Dined on 8/20/2014Cheese awesome. . Blue cheese awesome. Spreadable Bette than butter. Buttery lobster. Salmon was cooked at right temper. Not over cooked. Shares with a lentil pea, el deltne . Wine, good selection. Pinot noir yummy, sharp, better wish whit fish like mackerel oil blend or tuna not house speak cal sea bass. They ran out of wine. Gave free glass of 3 star Pinot Noir. Bette taste, after taste linger. Stay away from Rivera. Too heavy. Not lite n berry note.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/20/2014Found a new gin recommended by waitress. My son and each had a great meal. He had the pork belly, I had the duck. We shared the lobster mushroom risotto as an appetizer. Everything perfect !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant ever!SusanVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had no idea what a gem we had found. We saw that Brix was available on open table while visiting Flagstaff and decided to try it. Absolutely wonderful and I definite reason to return to Flagstaff!! Everything from our cocktails to our dessert and coffee was outstanding. Thanks for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kekaVIPDined on 8/16/2014the daily fish special of a New Zealand variety was wonderful. so was the king salmon from the Columbia river. Brussel sprouts for appetizer were in a delightful tangy sauce.Special Features:
- EaglesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Outstanding meal. Food was fresh and cooked just right. Wine list was quality without being overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner at BrixLovetoDine101Dined on 8/6/2014Our party of two dined on the patio at Brix on a slightly cool Flagstaff evening. The wine list is very unusual and quite unique. The menu is very fit for true foodies with locally grown organic produce, locally sourced meats, and breads from the local bakery in town. The service is friendly and impeccable. We were not rushed but encouraged to take our time and enjoy each flavorful course. We would recommend a reservation and requesting to sit on the patio weather permitting. It is quiet and romantic. Truly the best dining experience we have had in Flagstaff. We cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJeanVIPDined on 8/5/2014Excellent food, nice patio (much better than inside), fantastic wine list with a large choice at moderate prices.Special Features:
- A $200 DisasterSTCJVIPDined on 8/1/2014It is not every night you drive 2 hours to a notable restaurant where you were limited in choice to either a 6 or 8 pm reservation. You've asked for a quiet table, but of course a restaurant does not have to honor an OpenTable request. So what do you get - a seat at the bar in the middle of a loud well lubricated wedding party. Then your 3 course dinner gets compressed into 2 courses, without being asked. What am I missing - VISITORS NOT WELCOMED!!!Special Features:
- jasmineVIPDined on 7/23/2014The food was excellent. I had the pork belly and my husand the pasta with sausage. For dessert we took the waiters suggestion and tried the olive oil cake you have to try this. Our waiter was very friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:
- Brix was greatscaredycatsDined on 7/20/2014Visited while getting out of the Scottsdale heat. Love this restaurant. Try and get reservations for the Patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSteveDined on 7/11/2014Brix just might be my new favorite place. Great food and great service. Sit outside if you can. The smalls on the menu are ideal for sharing and tasting many different items.Special Features:
- Fabulous PlaceljknyazVIPDined on 7/9/2014Brix is an unexpected pleasure amidst a world of Dennys and McDonalds around Flagstaff. Not only is the food locally sourced (for the most part) and the wine list curated with intelligence and taste, but it is all absolutely fabulous. We had a cheese and salume plate replete with homemade lavash, fruits, olives and pickles, then a small plate of cauliflower and the most delicate homemade agnolotti. The service and wine were at the same high level as the food. This place could be a hit in "hip" NYC, let alone Flagstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tremendous meal and servicejroushVIPDined on 7/6/2014The server was outstanding and his recommendations were right on. You couldn't ask for a better prepared meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014Loved it. Felt welcomed and cared about and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceSTLLAPHXDined on 7/4/2014We had a fish special, and mine was perfectly cooked. My husband's fish was thicker and a bit overdone. We told the waiter, and the fabulous staff immediately addressed the problem. The meal was absolutely fantastic.Special Features: