Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar
413 N. San Francisco St.
Flagstaff, AZ 86001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brixflagstaff.com/
- Phone: 9282131021
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for private events such as weddings, corporate events and holiday parties. Portions of the restaurant, ie: patio, are also available in the summer months.
A word from Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar
Brix Restaurant & Wine Bar is a casual, fine dining restaurant & wine bar serving seasonal, farm focused, contemporary American cuisine. Located in the historic Carriage House 2 blocks north of historic downtown flagstaff, Brix was named one of the Top 95 New Restaurants in the World by Conde Nast Traveler Magazine, May 2007, as well one of the 25 Best Restaurants in Arizona by Arizona Highways magazine, April 2008. Brix has an extensive wine list, full bar, the finest patio dining in Flagstaff (May - October) and on-site parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Flagstaff ›
Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (43)special occasion (38)great for outdoor dining (36)romantic (34)neighborhood gem (33)notable wine list (30)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)good for groups (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Thoroughly enjoyable!MaryB364Dined on 8/26/2014Booked our reservation through OpenTable and were seated promptly upon our arrival. The first table we were offered was actually switched for us without any problem to one with less traffic. Our waiter was attentive and friendly, and the food was first rate. The ambiance is cozy, and conducive to food and wine appreciation as well as conversation. Staff was very responsive to all our requests, and they were knowledgeable about the local cuisine and wine pairings. We were very happy with our decision to try Brix, and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014rib eye steak was too tough to eat. waiter was condescending by saying that it was because the beef was grass fed instead of grain fed. whatever it was too tough to eat. we took guests and were embarrassed by their steak. Other food was good
- Excellent Anniversary ChoicesechristheavnerDined on 8/22/2014It was our 3 year anniversary and a Friday night to boot. We were quickly shown to our table (thank you OpenTable) and greeted by Sarah. She went over the seasonal selections and answered our questions from the menu like a seasoned pro. Very knowledgeable on the foods' preparation and the local farms it came from. The food was exceptional. Cooked to order and plated with modern style. I highly recommend dining here if you find yourself in need of a nice dinner in Flagstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melts in your mouthFoodie101Dined on 8/20/2014Cheese awesome. . Blue cheese awesome. Spreadable Bette than butter. Buttery lobster. Salmon was cooked at right temper. Not over cooked. Shares with a lentil pea, el deltne . Wine, good selection. Pinot noir yummy, sharp, better wish whit fish like mackerel oil blend or tuna not house speak cal sea bass. They ran out of wine. Gave free glass of 3 star Pinot Noir. Bette taste, after taste linger. Stay away from Rivera. Too heavy. Not lite n berry note.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/20/2014Found a new gin recommended by waitress. My son and each had a great meal. He had the pork belly, I had the duck. We shared the lobster mushroom risotto as an appetizer. Everything perfect !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant ever!SusanVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had no idea what a gem we had found. We saw that Brix was available on open table while visiting Flagstaff and decided to try it. Absolutely wonderful and I definite reason to return to Flagstaff!! Everything from our cocktails to our dessert and coffee was outstanding. Thanks for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kekaVIPDined on 8/16/2014the daily fish special of a New Zealand variety was wonderful. so was the king salmon from the Columbia river. Brussel sprouts for appetizer were in a delightful tangy sauce.Special Features:
- EaglesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Outstanding meal. Food was fresh and cooked just right. Wine list was quality without being overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner at BrixLovetoDine101Dined on 8/6/2014Our party of two dined on the patio at Brix on a slightly cool Flagstaff evening. The wine list is very unusual and quite unique. The menu is very fit for true foodies with locally grown organic produce, locally sourced meats, and breads from the local bakery in town. The service is friendly and impeccable. We were not rushed but encouraged to take our time and enjoy each flavorful course. We would recommend a reservation and requesting to sit on the patio weather permitting. It is quiet and romantic. Truly the best dining experience we have had in Flagstaff. We cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJeanVIPDined on 8/5/2014Excellent food, nice patio (much better than inside), fantastic wine list with a large choice at moderate prices.Special Features:
- A $200 DisasterSTCJVIPDined on 8/1/2014It is not every night you drive 2 hours to a notable restaurant where you were limited in choice to either a 6 or 8 pm reservation. You've asked for a quiet table, but of course a restaurant does not have to honor an OpenTable request. So what do you get - a seat at the bar in the middle of a loud well lubricated wedding party. Then your 3 course dinner gets compressed into 2 courses, without being asked. What am I missing - VISITORS NOT WELCOMED!!!Special Features:
- jasmineVIPDined on 7/23/2014The food was excellent. I had the pork belly and my husand the pasta with sausage. For dessert we took the waiters suggestion and tried the olive oil cake you have to try this. Our waiter was very friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:
- Brix was greatscaredycatsDined on 7/20/2014Visited while getting out of the Scottsdale heat. Love this restaurant. Try and get reservations for the Patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSteveDined on 7/11/2014Brix just might be my new favorite place. Great food and great service. Sit outside if you can. The smalls on the menu are ideal for sharing and tasting many different items.Special Features:
- Fabulous PlaceljknyazVIPDined on 7/9/2014Brix is an unexpected pleasure amidst a world of Dennys and McDonalds around Flagstaff. Not only is the food locally sourced (for the most part) and the wine list curated with intelligence and taste, but it is all absolutely fabulous. We had a cheese and salume plate replete with homemade lavash, fruits, olives and pickles, then a small plate of cauliflower and the most delicate homemade agnolotti. The service and wine were at the same high level as the food. This place could be a hit in "hip" NYC, let alone Flagstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tremendous meal and servicejroushVIPDined on 7/6/2014The server was outstanding and his recommendations were right on. You couldn't ask for a better prepared meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014Loved it. Felt welcomed and cared about and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceSTLLAPHXDined on 7/4/2014We had a fish special, and mine was perfectly cooked. My husband's fish was thicker and a bit overdone. We told the waiter, and the fabulous staff immediately addressed the problem. The meal was absolutely fantastic.Special Features:
- Good find.rejjrDined on 7/3/2014You won't find the waiters in starched white shirts, but they are friendly and knowledgeable. I would rate my steak as a 7 out of 10. Pasta Bolognese bland. Overall a nice restaurant, but not like a 4 or 5 star in the big city. Good though for Flagstaff. Nice change of pace to find pretty good food and a nice atmosphere up here in Flag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly good foodbmaxDined on 7/3/2014It rained the night we had dinner so we had to eat inside which is a bit crouded in this small restaurant. They have a nice patio. The charcuterie board old world was delicious. I always seem to get the duck and it was good. My husband got the. Pork belly and it was a bust. Really fatty!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flagstaff FindScottsdaleVIPDined on 6/28/2014A wonderful restaurant. Great fresh food with interesting twists. Great cocktails tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in FlagstaffElaineVIPDined on 6/28/2014I love this place! A must when visiting Flag. It's a fine dining experience without the formality. The servers are fabulous, friendly, knowledgeable. The food is amazing. I had the duck this time, OMG, duck can definitely be hit or miss and this duck was one of the best I have ever had, and I have had duck in some amazing restaurants in France.Special Features:
- Another good experience1GooddinnerDined on 6/25/2014Brix consistently offers wonderfully prepared cuisine. The atmosphere on the patio enhances the entire experience. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable constantly striving to provide the highest level of service. Great choice for business meeting or romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleasedBettyDined on 6/17/2014This was our third visit over a few years. (We travel from NJ) We like to try new places, but just enjoy this restaurant. Food, staff, make for a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/17/2014This restaurant real runs Hot and Cold. Would recommend the Meat and Cheese plate to start. The Entrees are varied, but portions are rather same. Wine list is filled with small lot and local wines, so thats fun. Service tends to be slow and but pleasant enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant eveningbmaxDined on 6/7/2014Patio seating was very pleasant. Charcuterie board was fun, it offered a good variety if meats and cheeses. Everyone enjoyed their entre s and the restaurant didn't have any trouble substituting sides the wine list was good and our server was efficient and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful EveningJimAZVIPDined on 6/4/2014My wife and I went here for dinner on our anniversary. Food and service couldn't have been better. We love locally sourced foods and creative cooking. Severs were very knowledgeable about the food, spirits and wine. They convinced us to try some gins that were marvelous (we are both gin drinkers and enjoy finding new ones).Special Features:
- Okay but not great for the pricerkritsDined on 5/29/2014My wife's dinner was so so. The duck she ordered was somewhat greasy tasting. My fish dish, however, was very good. The wine was very good and the service very good. It was a special occasion, our 50th anniversary, so we wanted to splurge a little. My wife's disappointment in her dish dampened that somewhat. Yes, we could have said something, but decided it wasn't worth the fuss. Doubt if we will return considering the prices.Special Features:
- One of Flag's BestDocPabloVIPDined on 5/17/2014Great unique cocktails. Always love the cheese plate and charcuterie. My wife loved the duck breast and the Australian snapper that I ordered was a delicious perfectly cooked fish that had a taste and texture reminiscent of lobster.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerScottDined on 5/9/2014Had a graduation dinner for my NAU daughter! Was a fantastic evening...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in FlagstaffVermontEdDined on 5/4/2014We visited Brix based on reviews and we were not disappointed. We sat outside, though the inside rooms were also attractive. The food was uniformly excellent; carefully prepared with a nice presentation. Where possible, they used local sources. The people working in the restaurant all seemed to be very knowledgeable about what they served. We will definitely go again next time we are in Flagstaff.Special Features:
- The following 465 reviews are from the Brix Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Tasty BrixMacdentDined on 4/23/2014This small restaurant serves a very good food and has a great wine list. Excellent service, too. Ideal for a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great! My new favorite.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/18/2014I had read about Brix in Arizona Highways Magazine or some such. It had been on my radar for a while. Finally, my girlfriend and I went for dinner the night before heading to the Grand Canyon. It did not disappoint. The food was great, wine was great, and the desert was delicious. The waiters and hostess were gracious and charming in typical Flagstaff Outdoorsman style. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Nice place for local fresh foodJtippsDined on 4/12/2014The wife and I were looking for a nice place to eat out this last weekend that would complement our desire for non processed fresh food and adhere to our low carb diet. We looked on line to see if the menu would accommodate the low carb needs. We already knew the food was good since we had eaten here before. When we arrived and reviewed the menu it did not match what was on line. The choices were still good and we found entrees to suit our tastes. We both had martinis, shared a meat and cheese board and enjoyed our entrees. The only two down sides to the evening were a very noisy table next to us that was obnoxiously laughing over and over, and our waitress, occupied by that table of laughers, never asked to get us new drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a GREAT placeShawnVIPDined on 4/5/2014We were hoping to find a nice place to take our son and his family to dinner in Flag for an adult meal with 2 small kids. Brix was a great choice. Living in Phoenix and traveling the US weekly we go to many wonderful restaurants all the time, Brix ranks right up there with some of the best in Phoenix. They had specialty cocktails (fresh lime juice for a Vodka Gimlet, awesome), not one dish had a flaw, the wait staff was very attentive and even had crayons for the kids. I'm kinda glad they aren't in Phoenix or I would have a to put them in the regular rotation with The Gladly, Virtue and the Tuck Shop, making my decisions even harder. If you like contemporary American food and want a NICE meal then go here, no question Thank you Brix!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brix doesn't failnordicaVIPDined on 4/2/2014Whever we come thru Flag, once a year or so, we always have a meal at Brix and our meal this past week was thoughtfully prepared, nicely executed and delicious! The cauliflower sauté was satisfying and well seasoned, (though just a bit more caramelization on the 'fleurettes' would have improved the dish', and both pastas were excellent...bolognese and sausage. We enjoy the interesting wine list and well crafted cocktails. We look forward to our return...perhaps again in a year or so!Special Features:
- Awesome as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2014One of my favorites. Cant wait to spend time at my home in Flagstaff and dine here. Always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousWants2dineDined on 3/21/2014This was my first time ever having Brix. My thoughts were always are they worth spending all that money? Yes, yes they are! The service was great and the food was AMAZING! We got the brussle sprouts to start out with, then for our main entrée I got the lamb and my friend got the risotto, and last we finished the night with a crème brûlée. We were stuffed and very satisfied. All of our meals were delicious and cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surpriseLuvgooddinningDined on 3/16/2014I found this restaurant from the AAA tour guide. We were so surprised by thee food, service and the wine list. My fiancee is a wine sub and he was delighted with the wine selection. Even my picky son enjoyed the food. What a gem. It was on the expensive side but it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a cozy setting!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/9/2014We enjoyed everything, from Esteban's sommelier skills (our first time trying a Chardonnay from Colorado, which was terrific) to the fine food. Very appealing menu with small plates (try the roasted Brussels sprouts, and the beets with pesto) and entrees to savor. The steak frites was wonderful. I hope our daughter goes to NAU so we can go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.