Brix 25 Restaurant
7707 Pioneer Way
Gig Harbor, WA 98335Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Brix 25 Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harborbrix.com/
- Phone: (253) 858-6626
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 4:30- 8:30; Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Thad Lyman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Bring the Brix 25 Restaurant experience to your event. We have extensive catering experience from casual cocktail parties, business lunches to multi course and black tie affairs.
- Private Party Facilities: Meet, Eat & Celebrate at Brix 25 Restaurant! Create your own unforgettable experience with our cuisine, exceptional service and award winning wines as the starting point. We have a variety of options for private dining, including a private dining room which accommodates up to 28 guests, semi private options of up to 30 guests or the entire restaurant with capacity for up to 80 guests seated or 120 for cocktails. Think of us when planning your meetings, celebrations and gatherings of all kinds.
- Private Party Contact: Lindsey Shaw 2538586626
A word from Brix 25 Restaurant
Since its opening, Brix 25 Restaurant has been hailed as one of the best restaurants in the Northwest. The intimate, warm and welcoming interior of Brix sets the stage for romantic evenings, family gatherings and business dinners. Chef/Owner Thad Lyman crafts a menu of hearty and flavorful American cuisine with a Northwest influenced style. The restaurant is located in charming Gig Harbor, in the historic downtown district. Brix 25 Restaurant is recognized locally and nationally for an award winning wine list; holding the Award of Excellence from the Wine Spectator for the past 4 years and the Grand Award & Washington Wine Restaurant of the Year from Washington Wine Commission.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Brix 25 Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Gig Harbor ›
Brix 25 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)notable wine list (24)neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (21)romantic (17)good for groups (7)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A great spot in gig harbor.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2013Really tasty food and a very attentive service made this a great evening. The food was creative but not weird and so good that I ended up eating all of my wife's leftovers. While the tiramisu left us wanting, it was kinda like pancakes, the chocolate creme brûlée was excellent.Special Features:
- Not like it use to beOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013Been going to Brix 25 since it first opened, under various owners. The starters, mussels and clams, were good. Bones and Beef, beef was a poor cut and tough. Ossobroco, was reheated after being frozen( I am sure). White wine was poured in glass for red wine and red wine poured in glass for white wine. Was told that was the way it was done at Brix. Entre took over and hour to arrive. Only one other table occupied. This was our 59th anniversary, restaurant knew, but made no mention. Was put on gift certificate. When we were served the starter, we were not offered any bread, until we were finished, then, asked if we would like some bread to go with the clams juice. Server was poorly trained in wine service. Were not offered any desert items.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2013This was our first visit to Brix 25. We were returning from SeaTac airport and running late. The restaurant was kind enough to hold our reservation even though we were over half an hour late!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed our dinnerc00kiemanDined on 12/14/2013My husband and I both enjoyed our dinners. Ahi Poke appetizer was very good. Wilted arugula salad was to die for! I had the double pork chop, my husband ordered the black and blue flat iron steak. My dinner was perfect. We both felt that the flat iron steak had maybe just a little too much going on...blackened seasoning with a truffle, blue cheese butter...it was very well prepared but half way through it was a little to much. We solved the problem by switching plates, as my pork chop had a mild sherry cream sauce with cherries on the side. We were too full to have dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently SuperbSlowyeagDined on 12/14/2013We don't get to Gig Harbor very often but when we do we like to try to make it to Brix25! Every time we go the food is terrific, the staff is top notch and we enjoy the seasonal variety to their menu. It's small enough to offer a more intimate dining experience while offering a great variety of flavors and a world class wine list. I highly recommend them for any special occasion, or just when you're looking for a great meal. Only complaint is that when it is busy the noise level can get pretty high due to the decor, brick and concrete walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Sunday NightJeffVIPDined on 12/1/2013As usual, an easy Opentable reservation the day before a wonderful dinner. We usually expect just a few other diners but this time April was busy! It didn't phase her at all! Great service, food and bottle of Kana blendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little thingsJulioVDined on 12/1/2013I was surprised to be welcomed with a glass of champaign. I am not a huge champaign fan, but that small gesture was enough to really start the night off well. The staff was very attentive and anticipated what we needed without us having to vocalize. Instantly asked us if we where on a time schedule. They were very understanding, and helpful in getting is to our show on time. I enjoyed every bite of my food. But as the taste in food is subjective and I am no connoisseur I don't feel my opinion should extend beyond the fact that I was very pleased and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingDarlaDined on 11/28/2013we decided to do a quiet Thanksgiving this year - just the 2 of us. Brix had a Thanksgiving dinner option, but loads of other options as well. The food was very good, and everything possible was done to make our evening 'perfect'! We love Brix - and this is a common thread for our experience there .... PERFECT! A lovely, candlelight Thanksgiving.Special Features:
- food well prepared, much originalitquerpieDined on 11/28/2013food well prepared, much originality & quality; a bit pricey.Special Features:
- 25 Brix ThanksgivingdebbyepDined on 11/28/2013I can't rave enough about our experience. Everything was absolutely perfect! This is the first time we decided to eat out for Thanksgiving and I will now do it again as a tradition. We will choose 25 Brix as a tradition from now on. Our food was excellent and so many choices. I can't say enough about the service. I felt like we were very special guests.Special Features:
- Food and service a notch aboveDbmcdDined on 11/28/2013This was our first visit, and we were very impressed (and will be back!). The wine list is amazing - and features primarily Washington state wines. Our service was polished, professional, and personable - a winning combination. Even though we were there on their busiest day of the year (Thanksgiving), there was no sense of being rushed, and no sense of hectic-ness in the dining room Delightful.Special Features:
- Extraordinary Food and ServiceMarkDined on 11/27/2013We were lucky enough to discover Brix 25 based on my sister's recomendation. What a wonderful gem in the heart of Gig Harbor! The space is designed well with private nooks and larger tables in good spaces. The food choices ranged from well known favorites to adventures in cruisine. The staff was attentive and pleasant and we were fortunate to be there with the owner who shares in our love of great food and great wine. It was a pre-thanksgiving treat that we plan on repeating next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a downward spiralLuv2dineDined on 11/23/2013Well, it certainly isn't the restaurant we fell in love with. First off, the service was not as attentive as it used to be. Long waits and unfriendly servers. As to the food. We had the potato appetizer, which is an old standard and still good. The salad was tasty. I ordered Risotto with clams from the menu and only took about 10 bites and stopped. It was horrible. It didn't taste like risotto and was soft and mushy. The overall dish was rather bland. My husband had the Cassoulet special. It had beans and duck, apple, and lemongrass. It was not a cassoulet and should not have been called that. I was still hungry and had the carrot cake for dessert. It was good. Not happy and will not be back.
- Brix 25 is consistently theBonnieDined on 11/20/2013Brix 25 is consistently the best restaurant in Gig Harbor. The service is outstanding and we love the ambience.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceRCSwiftDined on 11/16/2013My wife took me here to celebrate my birthday. The food was amazing and the overall experience was something special. Our server was very attentive and helpful with the menu and also made sure that we always had what we needed. We will definitely visit Brix 25 again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceJohnDined on 11/11/2013We had not been to Brix in several years but decided to go for my wife's birthday. We were not disappointed. The food was wonderful and they were more than willing to accommodate minor changes. They have an extensive wine list that we took advantage. The service was superior. When you are paying a lot for dining I expect great service and they truly performed on this. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. We never had to wait for anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality slippingDavidoDined on 11/5/2013Used to be my favorite, but quality of food has slipped in the past five years.Special Features:
- Amazing food and people!JohnDined on 11/3/2013This restaurant is fantastic! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not really worth the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2013We live in Gig Harbor (walked to the restaurant) and this was our first time dining here, everyone told us that we have to try Brix.....Well, we did and we really were not that impressed. The service was good, the waiter was busy but attentive and the staff was friendly. Wine list is awesome but that is where the hype ends. The food was okay, but not nearly worth what we had to pay. I feel perhaps if I didn't hear so much about this place prior to going and had such high expectations I would feel different so please check it out for yourself, we may have just hit an off night, which is a shame since we most likely won't go back.Special Features:
- Love This Place!GeorgeDined on 10/20/2013We have eatten here four times now. Always wonderful food and service. They begin with a small pour of champagne while you are reviewing the menu. That sets the tone for the rest of the meal. There were three of us this visit. Each meal superb - lamb osso buco, steak and salmon - wonderfully accompanied and presented. We all highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional dining experience!!!LandMDined on 10/12/2013This was a great choice for our Wedding Anniversary Celebration. Our arrival Champagne was a special treat Thanks! The before-dinner drinks & appetizers, in the bar, were delish! The Chef/Server-selected wine was perfect; the salad, entrée, desert, and coffee were incredibly prepared, presented, and make this restaurant worthy of many more visits! The best Filet Mignon I have had in recent memory. Lori, our server, was friendly, had a delightful sense of humor, and contributed to our enjoyment and dining experience! Thanks Brix25!!! See you again soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed everything aboutjoemarDined on 10/12/2013We enjoyed everything about it. Good food, cozy atmosphere, GREAT service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon for my BirthdayJeffVIPDined on 10/6/2013Always great, especially when celebrating a Birthday! Good wine, food and atmosphere!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Couples Night OutmomsnightoutDined on 10/2/2013Greeted with nice champagne, we enjoyed a great night with friends over tasty salads and fresh entrees. Quiet and inviting, the atmosphere gave us a chance to escape our daily kid-friendly meals and talks to enjoy great food, service and company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh my, Osso BuccopmrrDined on 9/21/2013The lamb shank, served osso bucco style was great. I probably ate more than I should have. Sometimes, ya just gotta do what ya gotta do. This is a fun place, Gig Harbor has a resort town setting. Got a room, spent the night AND had breakfast the next morning at Boatshed No. 9. Turns out to be owned by the same folks. We even had the same waitress. Guess we just might have to plan a return trip..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good option to inJimboDined on 9/17/2013Always a good option to in downtown Gig Harbor. Good food in a pleasant atmsphere. Weeknights are fun with available tables and an (optional) economical fixed price 3 course menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gig Harbor gemfoodiembDined on 9/14/2013The service and ambience was quite good. The apps were nothing special, fresh but nothing to wow you in terms of flavor. I had ravioli with a romesco sauce which was really bland. My wife had the salmon special which she thought was very tasty. The skin was appropriately crisp and the edamame puree was also quite good. Dessert was a gelato sampler which of course does not require preparation, only presentation. The shortbread cookie garnish was like the romesco, bland. In short, the food is a little uneven, but worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionnancyDined on 9/6/2013Party of 4 for a birthday for a visitor from out of the country. Service was outstanding; love the complimentary glass of champagne. Main courses were great; experimental salmon wing appetizer was not a big hit for our group. So many wine selections it was hard to choose but what we had was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in Gig HarborFood4JoyDined on 8/30/2013My wife and I went to Brix 25 based on Open Table reviews--a good but mixed experience. The food, with one exception, was outstanding. She had boeuf bourguignon. I ordered osso bucco. Flavors for both were spectacular. However, bones in the osso bucco were fractured in a way that left small bits of bone in the meat. I could work around it, so I didn't send it back. Service was mixed. Positive: we made a reservation for 8pm at about 7:45. It was accepted, but they were not ready--so they offered complimentary champagne while we waited. They also split a salad at no charge. Odd: they set the table, then added steak knives for both of us, then took away both steak knives, then brought one back for me. Ambiance: Noisy with many hard surfaces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Think twice about Brix 25michaelDined on 8/26/2013At first glance this is a nice spot, the service is efficient, the ambiance is comfortable. The food however is lacking. "Salmon Wings" sounded interesting yet they were heavy handed and blown away by the blue cheese dipping sauce. The Flank steak was cooked appropriately but over tenderized and mushy. In the end, it seemed that Brix was "way out over their skis" on their menu.
- Great Food and ServicenateDined on 8/18/2013Went to Brix 25 for the first time to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Food and overall service was excellent. Good wine list but pricey. Great place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic food and wine listceceDined on 8/14/2013The most amazing lamb shanks I've ever had. Ever had salmon wings? Neither had I. Sort of like chicken buffalo wings, with a little salmon meat attached to the tail, with the buffalo chicken sauce. Awesome. Everyone will tell you about the wine list, so I have nothing to add. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!JollyDined on 8/12/2013I took my husband to Brix 25 for his birthday and we had a wonderful time. It is a small and quaint restaurant with quite a romantic atmosphere. Not to mention, the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found this restaurant online.happycamperDined on 7/27/2013Found this restaurant online. Took my husband for a birthday celebration and was extremely happy. Great food, great atmosphere, great staff. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite in the Harbor.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2013Our favorite in the Harbor. Good service, excellent wine list, and such wonderful and creative dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, reasonably priced wineericbpDined on 7/16/2013Fun, reasonably priced wine list focused on PNW wines. Food was well prepared and perfectly portioned. Service was friendly and prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2013So glad to finally get to eat at Brix! What a great little find. Lived up to its reputation as being one of the best restaurants in downtown Gig Harbor, and I would venture to say in all Gig Harbor as well. We will be back, and next time we will bring our son who is a professional chef. So happy I can finally say, "Yes, we have a great place to eat!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfull mealKrJlDined on 7/11/2013Highly recommend Brix 25. I had a wonderful pork chop cooked perfectly and the wife had salmon cooked the way salmon should be cooked, medium rare. The meal started with a glass of complimentary wine followed by a tasty mussel and clam dish and a well dressed fresh salad. This is a restaurant that would stand up against the very best San Francisco Restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/11/2013We were celebrating my husband's birthday at Brix 25. We had our server pick our food and wine and she did a fantastic job. Despite the fact that they had several tables without reservations so they were quite busy for a Thursday night, our service was great. The food preparations were unique and yummy. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic Find!gatorDined on 7/6/2013This little neighborhood restaurant is a gem. It is fining dining at its best without being pretentious and reasonably priced.Special Features: