640 Germantown Pike
Lafayette Hill, PA 19444Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brittinghams.com/
- Phone: (484) 344-5162
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
Late Night Menu: Monday - Sunday: 11:30pm - 1:30am
Brunch: Come see us in the spring!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Frost
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available
- Entertainment: Live music, DJs, Pub Quiz
A word from Brittingham's Pub
A Progressive Public House... We believe in the idea of the "pub" mentality. Creating a "home away from home" for our guest and staff alike. We take the same mantra on in the experience we plan to deliver. That being said, we are taking it to the next level, with food and drink that doesn"t alienate and service and atmosphere that create a contemporary party! We are local, we are community, we are loyal and we are kind!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Brittingham's Pub - Best Restaurants in Conshohocken ›
Brittingham's Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (27)vibrant bar scene (21)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (15)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- ExcellentDrRonVIPDined on 11/12/2014Great service, delicious food. Nice time had by all. We arrived early, so we beat the crowd making parking easy (no valet needed) and it was quiet enough to talk to each other. When it is crowded, it is very hard to hear others talking. Beautiful facility.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerribleKkatdmDined on 11/9/2014The waitress tried hard. That's the best I can say. Ten people, birthday dinner, and a 12 year old boy on crutches with a broken foot. Get the pretzels, someone suggested. Oops - ran out. Okay, let's try strip steak for dinner. Nope, none of those. The food we ended up getting was bland, overly seasoned and weirdly affected: blue cheese on a cheesesteak? But here's the reason we won't return: rather than re-accommodate us so my nephew didn't have to JUMP up 20 outside steps to get to the enclosed upstairs porch, they just shrugged and said "no elevator." What kind of place would do that to a kid? Brittinghams.
- Luv2eatDined on 11/2/2014Waitress was not very friendly. Food was good but only luke warm when we received. Was there 2 weeks prior and server and food was excellent.Special Features:
- Fun eveningHelenDined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed our evening. Had a great server and loved what they have done with the place. Free valet parking was a plus!!Special Features:
- A Sports Bar, Not a real restaurantsolittletimeDined on 10/25/2014Noisy inside, TVs everywhere, ambience of sports bar, not a restraurant. Food so-so.
- Okay Neighborhood SpotJackDined on 10/24/2014When this place first reopened, I was excited to try it and the food was great! Since then, we've been back a few times and the food has definitely not been as good. My husband had a burger that was not very tasty, the fish and chips were bland, and the mussels in the mussels appetizer were so small. The place definitely has a nice amosphere, fun bar scene, and the live music is really fun to listen to, but the food has been disappointing as of late and since the prices are not cheap, I really wish it was better.Special Features:
- Fun spotVectorbillDined on 10/24/2014Outside bar area with fire pits and heaters is great spot. Great food selection and service was the bestSpecial Features:
- Not2happyVIPDined on 10/5/2014Terrible, we were made to eat in the bar while football enthusiasts were drinking at the bar. It was extremely loud and the walls were open to the outside which made it so cold you had to wear a coat. We and several other patrons asked to be moved to someplace other than the bar, we were told it was the only room open. The food was sub par, I won't be back.
- The new Brittingham'sKathyVIPDined on 10/4/2014We were looking forward to visiting the renovated Pub, but were so disappointed. While the food was OK, it was a bit over priced. Even though we had made reservations, the location of our table was poor. The windows of the bar were open, the sitting area was extremely cold and the band was setting up around us.
- SorryDined on 10/3/2014Good music, if you want to hear it (or not hear it) there appear to be tables where you can enjoy either. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Surprising But Great ChangeHappyDiner11Dined on 10/2/2014My friend and I had not been to Brittingham's in many years and were shocked by the rennovation but also delighted. We could see some of the original underpinnings; recognized the brass elephants on the old bar; thought the outdoor (indoor when colder weather comes) bar was clever; din of the happy hour crowd bodes well for longevity. Our flat bread was well made, came piping hot, as did our fish and chips. Mix of menu is unusual but will return to try other items. Beer menu extensive. Music good but in main dining area loud making conversation challenging. Service was unrushed but at the old bar pre dinner bordering on disinterested and at dinner could have been considered slow if we werent so engrossed in catching upSpecial Features:
- Needs a more varied menuLisaDined on 9/20/2014I chose Brittinghams for live music on a Sat night. I brought two friends who were visiting from out of town. We are all fairly health conscious and found the menu to be extremely limited in healthy choices. It was too bad because the place is nice, server was great and it's a great neighborhood spot for me. I would try it again if the menu was different.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/14/2014We have been here twice now, and both times were wonderful experiences. The first time we ate here it was for a Friday night dinner, and the most recent time was for Sunday brunch. Service was excellent both times and the food is great. They have a nice wine list, cocktail list and beer selection. Both times we were here we ate outside, once at a table and once at the bar. I would consider this some of the nicest outdoor seating in the area. The have awesome fire pits that really add character, but also provide warmth on the cooler nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family gatheringFriendsVIPDined on 8/24/2014I just love this restaurant. The food is very good and the waitresses and waiters are very friendly. It is a great place to have family parties for dinner and brunch.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood pubtrusteeDined on 8/23/2014Drove by the Pub for years - saw the improvements and thought it would be worth a try. Very pleased with the mini family celebration.Special Features:
- Great spot for dinner with friendsFundinerDined on 8/14/2014Had dinner twice with girlfriends. Ambience was great especially outside seating. The menu is interesting and good generally deviled eggs had a weird texture but tasty. The drink menu had some very tasty offerings. definitely a good place to meet up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming restaurantPeteDined on 8/2/2014I have been to Brittingham's many times 30+ years ago. This was the first time I was back since it was renovated. It is very open, all of the wiat and service staff were very friendly, the food was outstanding. A definite place to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More bar than restaurantAbbyDined on 8/1/2014Not a great food place. Better for snacks since the place seems geared for drinking. Great beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 77 reviews are from the Brittingham's Pub reviews archive.
- Superior QualityJBWINGSDined on 7/19/2014We had booked a table for 9, there was something on the menu for eveyrone. The food was very good, the service was stellar and at lunch time it was quiet enough for great conversation. The remake is amazing and I can't wait to go back and try dinner on one of the outside decks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!PhyllisDined on 7/12/2014I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the recent "makeover" was to Brittingham's. The upstairs deck was great and the service matched. We asked for an umbrella to shade out the sun and it was promptly brought over. Our server was attentive and did not rush us out even though it was a Saturday evening. Food was good and cooked to order. I would definitely return!Special Features:
- Phenomenal Atmospherejamesr73VIPDined on 7/5/2014We were blown away by the renovations and work done to Brittingham's, that now allows for outdoor dining and drinking. We ate on the rooftop deck which was a great experience, and the food was delicious. Shared the Fish & Chips, Mac & Cheese, Pretzels, and Cheesesteak Flat Bread.Special Features:
- Exceptional!Ame827Dined on 6/28/2014Exceptional dining experience! The food was amazing, creative, and approachably sophisticated. The ambiance was fun, light, and vibrant. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mid-week dinnerOrelandMomDined on 6/25/2014Very nice renovation. Plenty of room and different locations for dining. The roof-top seating is a great way to increase table space. Dinner was good Great salad. Short rib sandwich was very tasty but a bit dry. Mushroom flat bread looked amazing. Hamburger was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for outdoor diningHollyDined on 6/22/2014We went for Sunday brunch and the food and service were very good. This restaurant is very beautiful. The deck with outdoor seating is perfect for a day or night out and for watching sporting events. We loved it.Special Features:
- PfcrockVIPDined on 6/21/2014Experience was nice and the servers were excellent. We were disappointed in the food. The burgers were not good.Special Features:
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014We had a great experience at Brittinghams's. The outdoor areas are great as well as the indoor/outdoor dining area. Cocktails were tasting and everyone enjoyed the meal. We ordered a cheese platter for the table. All the cheese was good, served with excellent bread. Everyone particularly liked the spreads that came with the cheese platter. This is a great place, especially when the weather is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch for Father's DayripleyDined on 6/15/2014Beautiful place with interesting food and excellent service. My hubby had such a good time! We will return often.Special Features:
- serviceTraceeStDined on 6/4/2014Our food was delicious, but the service was awful. Our food was so slow they told us our check feel between the ovens...Seriously ?! We did get an apology, but no follow up afterwards.
- Downhill FoodJoaniebVIPDined on 6/3/2014Pretty and nice people with great alcohol, but the food has already gone downhill. My trout which I had ordered the last time was icky and the potatoes and asparagus were watery. The fish and chips were so bready that one had to wonder if the fish was even present. The pickles were good. The salad was lettuce with almonds - really? That was it. The chicken pot pie was so -so and the biscuit kind of wet. Go there to drink and eat more junky foods with friends. Don't go to eat. The ambiance is great.Special Features:
- Service is TERRIBLE!NovsDined on 5/30/2014Getting reservations was quick and easy. Was hoping for an outside table, but no luck. We were seated immediately and our orders we're taken quickly. We had four children with us. Our appetizers came out 45 minutes after ordering and our dinner an hour and a half after sitting. The kids were STARVING! I would only recommend this place for the outside bar, nothing else. The food isn't all that good and the service is horrible!Special Features:
- Not the Brittinghams I RememberedScottyg124VIPDined on 5/30/2014Brittinghams has come a long way since I was last there a few years ago. The inside dining area is very posh and the outside deck can't be beat. Great place to meet for a drink or grab some food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spaceCHresidentVIPDined on 5/29/2014The new Brittingham's is beautiful. The space is warm and inviting. The menu has some diverse options but the execution of many of them was weak. The curry and the burger were enjoyed. The other dishes we got were underwhelming. Some over-cooked, others lacking flavor. Service was great and hopefully the food will catch up.Special Features:
- No coffee or dessert?EDvisorDined on 5/20/2014The evening started great- food was good, service attentive. After our entrees came however, the wheels fell off. We never saw our server again until she brought the check. No additional drinks, even water poured, no offer of coffee or dessert, just the check. Sad.Special Features:
- Good food, outdoor seating quiet.JackDined on 5/19/2014We recently enjoyed dinner on a Tuesday; our 6:30 reservation meant that things were not too noisy, at least at the outdoor tables. My guest's drink order was flawed because she wanted a gin Martini but the house special was made with vodka; however, my house Manhattan was delicious. We shared an order of "middleneck" clams (very tasty) and I had the mushroom soup (nice and thick) while my guest had a small salad (piled high in a soup bowl, it was enough to entirely cover the dinner plate we had to ask for). We each ordered the trout entree, which was delicious but served atop a mere garnish size portion of vegetables. It took a while to get and pay for the check. Extra parking is available across the street despite the "will tow" signs.Special Features:
- Pleased! Will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2014We sat on the "roof-top deck" at Brittinghams. They have a wonderful outdoor dining setup and a nice atmosphere. The service seemed a little disjointed as it took well over 10 minutes for someone to come and greet us after sitting (and then another server came over within 2 minutes of the first to take our drink order again). The service was friendly and knowledgeable but did take some time (maybe the servers having to go up/down the stairs?) We weren't in a rush so we just enjoyed the atmosphere during the wait! The food is very good, somewhat limited menu--it was definitely difficult to pick an appetizer that looked great. Entrees and sandwiches looked great! Will definitely return as the weather continues to get nicerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful 1st Mother's Day BrunchTimbo19038Dined on 5/11/2014I made a reservation for my wife's first mother's day brunch. She had been itching to check out the remodeled Brittingham's and we weren't disappointed. We were in the first seating, but walked right in and sat down. The special menu had lots of good choices, I had the Snooze Alarm (a breakfast sandwich with sausage, eggs, and bacon and my wife had an omelet. Both were very good and the drinks a mimosa and bloody mary were good compliments to the meal. Our 5 month old son accompanied us and even though they need his high chair for all the families coming in, they mad up for it with a complimentary dessert. Will definitely go back and the remodel looks great!Special Features:
- Not Impressedsah03Dined on 5/11/2014We went for Mothers Day Brunch and it seems they couldn't handle simple requests. We asked if my son could have just one pancake and the waitress told us that they couldn't do that since they're so busy. When the pancakes did arrive they didn't come with the fruit that they're supposed to. The food overall was bland and quite average. I can't recommend Brittingham's, at least not for Brunch.Special Features:
- Mothers Day FunLGMZDined on 5/10/2014Wonderful experience. Enjoyed every minute of our dinner. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a little too noisy.craigDined on 5/7/2014You accomplished a terrific renovation of the old place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Good food, friendly service. Noisier and more expensive than I would have preferred.